Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug combinations
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug combinations About mixing drugs.

Old 06-05-2012, 21:22
Titanium Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Hydrocodone and klonopin - safe to take together?

My pet gorilla has come across a handfull of klonopins and hydros. He was wondering if it would be ok to take them together? Or if it would even be ok to take them a couple hours apart?
Old 06-05-2012, 21:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Arizona
baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Hydrocodone and klonopin - safe to take together?

It depends.
If you are used to either it's unlikely to hurt you.

If you are not used to either then it might be worth being careful, but it really depends how much you take.
Old 06-05-2012, 21:43
Titanium Member

PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.

About 10 milligrams hydro. And 1 to 2 milligrams klonopin. I personally feel it's a safe dose but I don't know. My pet gorilla has a lot of experience with opiates and only some with benzos.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:22

24 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

Swim mixes Hydrocodone and Xanax sometimes, and xanax and kpins are very similiar besides the half life of the drugs. he feels the xanax potentiates the hydrocodone quite a bit, and enjoys the mix very much. Becareful on your dose though, take half of what u usually take on both of the drugs, and swim thinks you should be fine.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:38
Silver Member

Male from Canada
SomniphileXII is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2

As has been said previously, it really depends on a number of factors. If your gorilla has a tolerance to either drug, it could be safe; it all has to do with how well you know benzodiazepines and opiates.
As an example:
My cat has been prescribed lorazepam (Ativan), which is roughly half as potent as clonazepam (Klonopin), ie. 1mg lorazepam = 0.5mg clonazepam; I digress, she has been on the stuff for upwards of three years now and takes 4-10mg per dose depending on the circumstances.
She has also been smoking, eating, snorting, and administering opiates rectally for around the same amount of time.
She has taken morphine and lorazepam together in approximate doses of 4mg lorazepam and 20mg morphine and has been fine. She also tends to mix other downers such as antihistamines into the equation, but this is the result of dose response curve which is the way to find out what is safe in which doses.
Try having said gorilla take a low dose of clonazepam alone if he/she has not tried it and then add the other drugs with time also in low doses, gradually increasing the dose judging on how the effect was the previous time to discover the proper drug combination.
I'd say, have said gorilla take notes on the effects as benzodiazepines are known to cause anterograde amnesia.
This is a dose response curve in a nutshell.
Have your gorilla stay safe and enjoy the medication for his/her disorder or what ever they are taking the medications for.
Cheers.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06
Titanium Member

My pet gorilla took 1mg of klonopin about 6 hours ago and now he is going to do a cwe on a 7.5 mg hydro and take it.

Will be back with results asap.

"Everyone sees what you appear to be...Few really know what you are." (Machiavelli)

PillMan added 135 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Me and my pet gorilla did the water extraction and he took it. About an hour into it and he claims he is feeling nothing..? I'm not sure if he did the extraction quite right.

"Everyone sees what you appear to be...Few really know what you are." (Machiavelli)

Last edited by PillMan; 07-05-2012 at 09:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-05-2012, 16:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Arizona
baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3

7.5mg of hydro isn't very much, it would be easy to lose some in the cwe process (I am kind of confused why someone would bother cwe-ing a single hydro) and it wouldn't have much of an effect, especially in the context of the klonopin which would almost certainly overshadow the experience.
Old 07-05-2012, 16:41

28 y/o Male from United States
WeOnlyLiveOnce should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Stick with Kratom..
Old 07-05-2012, 22:36
Titanium Member

Well he has 10 hydros and he just wanted to test it on one to make sure he knows that he can do it right. The next time he will do more.

And my pet does not know where to get some good kratom that is cheap.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:32
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from Australia
kumar420 is captain of the psychonauts.kumar420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3
Activity: 8.7% Activity: 8.7% Activity: 8.7%

^unfortunately discussion of sources is against forum rules
i'm so jealous of all these posts 'SWIM found XXX in his stash', i never have anything left over afterwards T_T
on topic: does anyone know a CWE extraction method for hydrocodone that is more effective than the ones available on the web? from research on BL i found that most of the common recipes are garbage for end product, how would one maximise the hydrocodone retrieved from the binders and fillers (and fucking paracetamol/acetaminophen)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Source discussion is against the rules, that includes through PM's. Your recomendation is likely to get anyone who follows it in trouble.

Last edited by kumar420; 20-12-2012 at 03:45. Reason: edited to remove source discussion
Old 30-06-2012, 19:43
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from United States
chemistrymajor is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

absolutely fine to take together (within reasonable dosages)

To the point & I hope an intelligent person heed this advice.
Saying two CNS depressants are fine together is not in the spirit of harm reduction
Old 30-06-2012, 20:17
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12
Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemistrymajor View Post
absolutely fine to take together (within reasonable dosages)
Overall it is unsafe for people who may be naive to either or both substances to mix them. Respiratory depression and death can be a consequence, as both are central nervous system depressants which can have the effect of combining a sort of hybrid action (regarding very shallow breathing) a while after using them.
To be clear about this, a life-threatening synergy can apply which eventually stops the heart also.This is far more applicable to opiates than benzodiazepines, mind.

Folk really need to be mentally sharp regarding their tolerance to both chemical preparations whether in isolation or combined. This involves specific dosages and noting them down, and don't drink booze on top just because it might seem like a good idea at the time.

Be safe and happy simultaneously. That's the goal of DF and real life I suppose.

References:
  1. Phillip Oliver and Jenny Keen. Concomitant drugs of misuse and drug using behaviours associated with fatal opiate related poisonings in Sheffield, UK, 1997-2000 Addiction 98 pp191-197
  2. Irina Mikolaenko et al. A Review of Methadone Deaths in Jefferson County, Alabama. The American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology. 23(3)pp 299-304
  3. Juan Gutitkrez- Cebollada et al. Psychotropic drug consumption and other factors associated with heroin overdose. Drug and alcohol Dependence 35 (1994) 169-174
  4. Deborah Zador et al. Heroin-related deaths in New South Wales,1992:toxicological findings and circumstances. Medical Journal of Australia. 1996, p 164-204

Last edited by Smeg; 30-06-2012 at 21:31. Reason: Additional
Old 17-12-2012, 05:05

29 y/o Male from United States
TheTwighlight is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm prescribed both hydrocodone & clonazepam. I'm also scripted pregabalin, the max dose of tramadol, & baclofen. Soon I'll be on much heavier pain medication. I'm not ever going to down being careful with drugs, but as long as you have a tolerance to benzos and your doctor knows what's up, then it should all be good.
Old 19-12-2012, 10:56

32 y/o Female from United States
VenusSB7 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillMan View Post
Well he has 10 hydros and he just wanted to test it on one to make sure he knows that he can do it right. The next time he will do more.

And my pet does not know where to get some good kratom that is cheap.
Like your happy hour "signature" at the end of your post - funny.
/LOVE/PEACE/VENUS

Off topic
Old 10-01-2013, 09:09
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
GeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way up
Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Taking 1mg clonazepam (Klonopin) and 10mg hydrocodone (Vicodin) nearly 4 hours later with somewhat of a klonopin tolerance led to uncomfortably shallow breathing laying down. Unable to get full breaths except once every so often and unable/ literally afraid to sleep because of fear of further respiratory depression. I would not be telling people this is safe at all. I have almost never experienced this except on a high dose of diphenhydramine. Very glad I did not have a glass of wine or take more clonazepam or I might be completely freaking out right now. Puzzled since these are baby doses of both drugs for me.

Last edited by GeographyGeography; 10-01-2013 at 09:24.
Old 20-10-2013, 07:34

24 y/o Male from United States
Vegas_Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My doberman took 1mg klonopin at around 7pm he felt pretty good for a while but then decided after 3 hours he missed his lovely hydrocodone's. He decided it was safe to take his usual dose of 70mg since he has quite the tolerance, to his surprise an hour later he barely felt anything?! He was quite upset as he doesn't ever want to waste the effects of such an amazing "pain killer" so he decided to take another 25mg. Finally 30 minutes later he was feeling the affects desired, in conclusion he thinks the affects of the klonopin decreased the affects of the hydro's. Anyone have any insight as to why this may be?

Share this on:

Tags
hydrocodone, klonopin

» New Threads
Speedballing - help please?
Last post by Poppi
2 Replies, 13 Views
Smoking in the same room with a...
Last post by Poppi
2 Replies, 50 Views
What were Quaaludes like?
Last post by benzopiated