Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 04:23
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Old Formula still in Europe?

I recived 100 10mg OxyContins on Friday (located in Canada, not purchased/manufactured in Canada though)

They say 10 and OC on the other side and I am pretty sure they still make em (Mundi Pharma) in Eu. I did one and it feels the same, looked it up and pretty sure but would like some one to confirm they still make (Mundi Pharma) REGULAR old OC formula pills (I dont need my pills identified so I hope this isnt breaking a rule) I just want to know if there still made to confirm I wasnt duped.
Old 07-05-2012, 18:14

35 y/o Male from Canada
chiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Old Formula still in Europe?

Well I cant say for Sure, but my 1st instinct after this weekend would be a resounding yes. Im up in Northern Ontario, and had some company come down from Sudbury. When she got here, she asked if I had ever heard of 60mg Oxy's, told I had but just via the net, never saw or done one, these were Reddish with 60 on one side an OC on the other, tasted an looked just like a normal 40 or 80. She was told that they had been brought over from EU as well and was able to get a bunch. Now Im not sure if they have the 60's stateside as well as never bothered to look into it too much as was just happy to see the old formula in some way, shape or form.
The Neo's are good for pain, but SO hard to get an xtra kick out of them, but they do the job. Only side effect been getting is constipation lol, sorry lil off topic Anyways, enjoy em while ya can

chiggs added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Looked identical to these

Last edited by chiggs; 07-05-2012 at 18:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-05-2012, 19:02
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Those 60 reds are manufactured by Purdue Pharma. They were the ones made to change there formulation. Mundi the pharma company who distributes Oxys in other place was not. So if you have Purde products they should be the new Neo or the OPs.

I have seen those OC 60's throughout my opiate carrer. They dont come from Europe or the UK, they come from the United States of America (just like Roxis). This is to the best of my understanding.
Either you got hellishly lucky and got the old formula pills that are still left or I am wrong.

To my understanding however, Mundi Pharma who distrubute Oxycontin tablets and Oxynorm caps etc in Austrilla and other places do not have that specific tablet. I could be wrong but I thought they made the 10, 10, 40 and 80mg tablets.

Either way, do you know if there Mundi because Purdue was forced to change there formulation as I am sure you know. I have a bunch of Mundi 10's in my posseion as well as some Mundi 20mg Norm caps and 1 Mundi 40 OC, all old formula I belive from Austrilla and they are legit Mundi Pharma products.

Just curious about what you have bud.
Old 07-05-2012, 23:12

35 y/o Male from Canada

Yeah definitely the old Formula and my first hunch was US as they were OC's and Not CDN's, not sure exactly what the Euro's look like, were she had gotten them, they told her from "Oversea's" Tasted just like the old so Im thinking someone had em stashed for a while or they were the very last few to be rolled out. I myself got lucky when got my last script in April, and managed to get the CDN's but had to pay for them as coverage was pulled So Im imagining that others were as lucky, only thing that threw me off, and actually was thinking FAKE lol, till I tried it...than Jealousy overwhelmed me as I remembered I prolly won't be seeing them again for a VERRRY long time, if at all. So in short, lol, yeah more think about it, their NA not EU..sorry kinda threw the OP off abit :P Trying to type fast as cooking dins for kiddo's as well as being sore as hell so sorry if it comes of kinda jumbled :P Cheers bud!
Old 08-05-2012, 00:52
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggs View Post
Yeah definitely the old Formula and my first hunch was US as they were OC's and Not CDN's, not sure exactly what the Euro's look like, were she had gotten them, they told her from "Oversea's" Tasted just like the old so Im thinking someone had em stashed for a while or they were the very last few to be rolled out. I myself got lucky when got my last script in April, and managed to get the CDN's but had to pay for them as coverage was pulled So Im imagining that others were as lucky, only thing that threw me off, and actually was thinking FAKE lol, till I tried it...than Jealousy overwhelmed me as I remembered I prolly won't be seeing them again for a VERRRY long time, if at all. So in short, lol, yeah more think about it, their NA not EU..sorry kinda threw the OP off abit :P Trying to type fast as cooking dins for kiddo's as well as being sore as hell so sorry if it comes of kinda jumbled :P Cheers bud!
Yes...those are Purde Pharma American Oxy's. My favroite, your a lucky bastard.

I have had Mexicans, CDN, OC's and the generic Roxi's and so forth. Pretty much all brands of ir's er. I gotta say I like the American OC 60s and the M Box 30's (I belive there I.R)
Old 08-05-2012, 17:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Female from United Kingdom
southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.
Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6

Yes in Europe, including the UK-where Im from, they still have the old OC formula OxyContin's. Im prescribed 60mg twice a day; when I was first prescribed them a couple of years ago they didnt have 60mg tablets so I was prescribed a 40 and a 20 to make 60. They do have the 60mg tablets now though but Im still prescribed 40's and 20's. Mine are made by Napp Pharmaceuticals and are the old formula OC's. I do know that throughout Europe they have not, and have no plans to, change. Prescription drug abuse is not rife here as it is in North America, here is a thread on it:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=172654

Because they dont have a prescription drug problem, they have no need to change anything. Also I do know that the BHT compound that is used in the Neo and OP OxyContins is not allowed to be used and/or distributed here in the UK.

Hope that helps

SG.xxx

Post Quality Evaluations:
helpful! answers the OP's questions, nice link to a relevant thread.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:36
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern girl View Post
Yes in Europe, including the UK-where Im from, they still have the old OC formula OxyContin's. Im prescribed 60mg twice a day; when I was first prescribed them a couple of years ago they didnt have 60mg tablets so I was prescribed a 40 and a 20 to make 60. They do have the 60mg tablets now though but Im still prescribed 40's and 20's. Mine are made by Napp Pharmaceuticals and are the old formula OC's. I do know that throughout Europe they have not, and have no plans to, change. Prescription drug abuse is not rife here as it is in North America, here is a thread on it:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=172654

Because they dont have a prescription drug problem, they have no need to change anything. Also I do know that the BHT compound that is used in the Neo and OP OxyContins is not allowed to be used and/or distributed here in the UK.

Hope that helps

SG.xxx
Intresting, thank you.

I wonder why Oxycontin or opiate perscription painkillers are less common there. I know when we took the formula away where I live the number of people using the needle exachange went up 8%...getting there heroin.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:57

35 y/o Male from Canada

Thanks for the input SG, could you tell me/us if the 60's look the same or are different imprints? Also the BHT that is in the NEO's/OP's is apparently a Banned substance here in Canada as well but for some reason(money no doubt) it has been looked past and moreorless swept under the rug..Not even sure what to think on that anymore as its impossible to get a straight answer on it from anyone in 'Power' here.

@Ontario, Yeah was lucky lol, but unfort. its ran/running out as they're getting almost impossible to find(for me atm anyways lol). Unfortunately Speed an Coke has started to run rampant around these parts as any of the younger Gens. just want ANYTHING to get high on, which is pretty much fucked things for everyone else in the 1st place, and we've had a few OD's in the last month as well. People trying to to beat the WD's by grabbing HMC's thinking there's no difference really in strength or trying to reciprocate to Morphine an doing way to much. It's a shame what things have become to be quite honest. Knew things were bad, but comeon, they totally blew shit outta proportion, effectively screwing legit Patients. Personally Ive been debating on hopping on one of the 2 lawsuits regarding Meds here in Ontario specifically. Cheers
Old 08-05-2012, 19:01
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Thanks for the input SG, could you tell me/us if the 60's look the same or are different imprints? Also the BHT that is in the NEO's/OP's is apparently a Banned substance here in Canada as well but for some reason(money no doubt) it has been looked past and moreorless swept under the rug..Not even sure what to think on that anymore as its impossible to get a straight answer on it from anyone in 'Power' here.

@Ontario, Yeah was lucky lol, but unfort. its ran/running out as they're getting almost impossible to find(for me atm anyways lol). Unfortunately Speed an Coke has started to run rampant around these parts as any of the younger Gens. just want ANYTHING to get high on, which is pretty much fucked things for everyone else in the 1st place, and we've had a few OD's in the last month as well. People trying to to beat the WD's by grabbing HMC's thinking there's no difference really in strength or trying to reciprocate to Morphine an doing way to much. It's a shame what things have become to be quite honest. Knew things were bad, but comeon, they totally blew shit outta proportion, effectively screwing legit Patients. Personally Ive been debating on hopping on one of the 2 lawsuits regarding Meds here in Ontario specifically. Cheers
Me to, I cant understand how theres BTHT being put in people FUCKING MEDICATION!!!!!

Purdue seems to favor the please hold hang up option
Old 08-05-2012, 19:15

35 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
Yes...those are Purde Pharma American Oxy's. My favroite, your a lucky bastard.

I have had Mexicans, CDN, OC's and the generic Roxi's and so forth. Pretty much all brands of ir's er. I gotta say I like the American OC 60s and the M Box 30's (I belive there I.R)
It was the 1st time I have done or seen the 60's and have to admit, pretty facking impressed with them. Not sure if its because hadn't done ANY of the old in a day or two and being on bare min. before that for a day, but they were POTENT! Almost on par with an 80 tbh...and waaay better than a 40 too. Hoping and wishing that they come back around ASAP or some of the IR's starting showing up more, but those too, seem to be disappearing at a rapid rate. :/ Seems like the Speed especially, an Crack has started to take over at least with the younger crowd, and Peeps more my age are going to either H, Morphs or HMC's/Dilaudid. Sucks either way lol

chiggs added 7 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Yeah not sure what to say/think/do about the BHT. What scares me the most is, you cannot get a straight honest answer it seems from a Doc to a Pharmacist, with a couple now either denying it to me, or not knowing wtf I was talking about. Too make it worse,
My Pops, who we actually just took to the ER this Morn. is recovering from Cancer and a Lung being removed, is being prescribed the Neo's 40mgs/3x's Day and his Doc didn't have the slightest clue about it. Lo and behold, 3 weeks on the New formula, an he's sick as hell. He had Pneumonia bout 3 months back but was doing real good up until recently. Might be coincidence, might not and doubt they'll give a straight, honest answer anways(Healthcare Pro's)
Canada is going to sh!t in a hurry it seems every which way...good ole Harper and Co :/

Last edited by chiggs; 08-05-2012 at 19:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2012, 00:15
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
It was the 1st time I have done or seen the 60's and have to admit, pretty facking impressed with them. Not sure if its because hadn't done ANY of the old in a day or two and being on bare min. before that for a day, but they were POTENT! Almost on par with an 80 tbh...and waaay better than a 40 too. Hoping and wishing that they come back around ASAP or some of the IR's starting showing up more, but those too, seem to be disappearing at a rapid rate. :/ Seems like the Speed especially, an Crack has started to take over at least with the younger crowd, and Peeps more my age are going to either H, Morphs or HMC's/Dilaudid. Sucks either way lol

chiggs added 7 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Yeah not sure what to say/think/do about the BHT. What scares me the most is, you cannot get a straight honest answer it seems from a Doc to a Pharmacist, with a couple now either denying it to me, or not knowing wtf I was talking about. Too make it worse,
My Pops, who we actually just took to the ER this Morn. is recovering from Cancer and a Lung being removed, is being prescribed the Neo's 40mgs/3x's Day and his Doc didn't have the slightest clue about it. Lo and behold, 3 weeks on the New formula, an he's sick as hell. He had Pneumonia bout 3 months back but was doing real good up until recently. Might be coincidence, might not and doubt they'll give a straight, honest answer anways(Healthcare Pro's)
Canada is going to sh!t in a hurry it seems every which way...good ole Harper and Co :/
For real. I need to take up residence in the UK. I heard ALL medications no matter quanity or brand is ONE price by law. Thats so crazy I cant belive it. I cant imagine living with the states healthcare. I literally would have probally commited murder at a hospital if I lived across the border.
Old 09-05-2012, 00:31
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

yeah my oxys in scotland are old formula ,no roxis etc tho we get oxycontin oc and oxynorm capsules ir which come in 5,10 and 20mg plus in scotland all scripts cost nothing at all,free
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdonian View Post
yeah my oxys in scotland are old formula ,no roxis etc tho we get oxycontin oc and oxynorm capsules ir which come in 5,10 and 20mg plus in scotland all scripts cost nothing at all,free
Even if your a regular unemployed not on social benfits joe?

Thats crazy if thats the case, I consider myself lucky in Canada.
Old 09-05-2012, 21:03
Banned

yeah no one pays for any medication in scotland the rest of the uk ids a fixed price of 5 pounds per prescription which could be a months worth of oxy or 1 tube of antiseptic cream!

i work full time aand pay nothing, if your on benefits its the same, it was different we were like rest of uk if u worked you payed £6 is per script then they reduced it to £5 then in scotland became free last yr

our uk ones look the same im scripted 4x20mg oc and 4x20mg oxynorm caps for btp an my 20s look identical to those above apart from pink color

an yeah every med in scotland is free , workin or not makes no difference

Last edited by Aberdonian; 11-05-2012 at 22:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2012, 18:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Arizona
baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3

In wales prescriptions are free too. It's only England that makes people pay for them, although I think the assembly government might be unsure if it can continue to afford this. I sure hope it can though.
Old 11-05-2012, 22:12
Banned

i forgot to say in my above post only the oxynorm com in 5,10 an 20mg ,oc comes in anything from 5 to 80 mg prob same as us canada etc,sorry if it looked misleading
Old 12-05-2012, 15:27
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I just wanted to mention, I believe the UK doesn't have as rampant a prescription opioid problem as the USA because they are FAR stingier in giving them out to patients. Although it seems they're starting to be a bit more lenient (though that could just be the circles I run in...).

Generally, you have to be really fucking sick to get oxycodone in the UK, whereas in the USA you can get it for a stubbed toe if you have a "good" doctor and/or play your cards correctly. I know someone who got a Percocet prescription from the ER for a fucking hemorrhoid. HEMORRHOID! *sheesh* Which, btw, would seem to be contraindicated, but my friend who got that (many years ago) *did* seem to be in a lot of pain... *shrug*

Anyway, it seems like oxycodone is a last-line prescription in the UK, whereas it's lower on the totem pole in the States. They seem to go: codeine -> DHC (which we don't have in the States; I suspect DHC is somewhat similar to hydrocodone, which the UK doesn't have) -> morphine -> Fentanyl patches or oxycodone. Whereas in the States, it'd more likely be: codeine -> hydrocodone -> oxycodone -> morphine -> hydromorphone or oxymorphone -> Fentanyl patches

Obviously, this isn't a hard & fast rule, but generally seems to be the progression in chronic pain patients who need more/stronger medication over time.

Of course, now they also have BuTrans patches, methadone, etc to throw into the mix, but that's another discussion...

~Kailey
Old 12-05-2012, 17:07
Banned

yeah thats true kailey, they are stnigy unless u get a good doc who uderstands what u need, we dont have hydrocodone or or oxymorphone here i asked my doc about opana ad he never even knew it existed so he checked the availibility and its not even in the bnf med bible, its a strange set up i was on dhc as a heroin redution program once my doc dug deeper he realised i started self medicating with h etc for pain, so to cut a long story short he then tried me on 2x20mg contins a day plus 4 x 10mg norms which was no good so he put it up to 4 x20mg contin with still 4x10mg norm ,then tried 75mcg fent patches every 48-72 hrs but these wouldnt stay on in my type of work i do a lot of sweatig when welding or carrying chunks of steel around so he put me back onto 4x20mg cotin and 4x20mg norm which did nothing to ease fent wd but wthin a week i was fine an back t normal now im on 3600mg of gabapentin,80mg of oxycontin a day and 80mg of ir oxynorm, 30mg of valium , and 15mg of zopiclone a day , he wants me to find another job(lighter work) or college to do stuff so i do less damage to my back but after 20 yrs as a welder /oilrig workerwhat to do? i still feel like i need higher dose of the contin maybe 2 60's a day instead of 4x20's but he wants me to stay low as long as poss as he says ill be on them lifelong and doesnt wantto put my dose skyhigh too quickly then again thats less than a year iv bn on them and iv exactly doubled usage i started off on, and if i end up in wd from them it sucks i do abuse my script sometimes which is so easy cos of the old formula and the norms are capsules u just empty out superfine powder and snort away no crushing etc as far as i know thats only version of ir oxy in uk is oxynorm caps or liquid made by napp pharmeceuticals same peeps who make oxycontin here correct me if im wrong but iv neer seen roxis etc here in scotland(i know there are injectable amps available but prob docs only would carry those)

Aberdonian added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

also when i asked my doctor for palladone he told me only patients they prescribe it to is dying cancer patients!

Aberdonian added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

ps sorry for going so far off topic

Last edited by Aberdonian; 12-05-2012 at 17:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-05-2012, 18:11
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
I just wanted to mention, I believe the UK doesn't have as rampant a prescription opioid problem as the USA because they are FAR stingier in giving them out to patients. Although it seems they're starting to be a bit more lenient (though that could just be the circles I run in...).

Generally, you have to be really fucking sick to get oxycodone in the UK, whereas in the USA you can get it for a stubbed toe if you have a "good" doctor and/or play your cards correctly. I know someone who got a Percocet prescription from the ER for a fucking hemorrhoid. HEMORRHOID! *sheesh* Which, btw, would seem to be contraindicated, but my friend who got that (many years ago) *did* seem to be in a lot of pain... *shrug*

Anyway, it seems like oxycodone is a last-line prescription in the UK, whereas it's lower on the totem pole in the States. They seem to go: codeine -> DHC (which we don't have in the States; I suspect DHC is somewhat similar to hydrocodone, which the UK doesn't have) -> morphine -> Fentanyl patches or oxycodone. Whereas in the States, it'd more likely be: codeine -> hydrocodone -> oxycodone -> morphine -> hydromorphone or oxymorphone -> Fentanyl patches

Obviously, this isn't a hard & fast rule, but generally seems to be the progression in chronic pain patients who need more/stronger medication over time.

Of course, now they also have BuTrans patches, methadone, etc to throw into the mix, but that's another discussion...

~Kailey
Haha kailey. I went to my fam doc yesterday because I am dealing with an internal hemmorrhoid and got a script for 20 10'325 oblongs.

Mind you I am in some pain, 5's would have deffinetly sufficed and 10 as well. No need for 20 10's, specially not with 650mg of tylenol. These are like the best percs lol.

Canada and the States you are correct, much easer to get scripts for narcotic painkillers.

Share this on: