Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 05-05-2012, 14:36

25 y/o Female from United States
itz_stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Valium and beer

I was wondering what kind of effect you will get with 30mg of valium and a can of 211 steel reserve. Respond back please
Old 05-05-2012, 14:43
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19
Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6%
Re: Valium and beer

you'll forget everything after two minutes including putting your lit cigarette down on a potted plant, and passing out, then waking up to your house in flames and your family dead with a life time of guilt ahead of you. or you know, good times. It's kind of a coin flip.

And seriously, this question has been asked a million times here. Please read before posting.

Post Quality Evaluations:
all you tried to do was "scare" the OP into not taking the drug. you didn't provide any information at all.
accurately funny answer
Old 05-05-2012, 14:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

first off mixing alcohol and valium is dangerous because they are both (CNS) depressants and could cause respiratory problems and you can stop breathing. mixing a valium which is a benzodiazepine and alcohol could give you many different affects. you might blackout and not remember anything because xanax has hypnotic affects. several effects from mixing these two drugs are : slurred speach: dizziness, blurred vision, sedative feeling, feelings of being relaxed, depressed breathing etc. some people don't find any recreational (fun/good) value in benzodiazepines such as valium but some people like myself do. these medications CAN be very addictive, and if you have never tooken benzodiazepines before i would start at a LOW dose. you will mostly feel relief of any stress and would be so "jumpy" or "paranoid" like all the worries melt away. effects may vary depending on how much you take, your weight and height, your tolerance and other factors. be safe.

EternalReality added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
you'll forget everything after two minutes including putting your lit cigarette down on a potted plant, and passing out, then waking up to your house in flames and your family dead with a life time of guilt ahead of you. or you know, good times. It's kind of a coin flip.

And seriously, this question has been asked a million times here. Please read before posting.
i think you kind of overused the "scare tactic" a little too much. you didn't provide a lot of information. kind of sarcastic.

Last edited by EternalReality; 05-05-2012 at 14:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2012, 20:13

Oh I'm sorry I'm new to this forum thats why I asked..so 1 211 steel reserve plus 3 30mg valiums i should be good..or i should i dropped down to 20mg

itz_stitch added 25 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Does valium give you a euphoric feel? If so..how many mg do i take

read the answers already given and UTFSE

Last edited by itz_stitch; 05-05-2012 at 20:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2012, 20:17
Silver Member

Female from Earth
Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.Hey :-) really knows their shit.
Points: 1,844, Level: 6 Points: 1,844, Level: 6 Points: 1,844, Level: 6
Activity: 33.5% Activity: 33.5% Activity: 33.5%

Hi itz_stitch ,

I wouldnt recommend mixing diazepam with alcohol , even if you have a tollerance .

Maybe take a look at this thread ;

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...valium+alcohol

Welcome to the forum .

Ah you added while i was posting . Personally , i have never felt anything bar relaxation from diazepam . That was before it became constant use , many years ago .

I only use 5 mg as directed by my doctor now , and its very occasional . I can feel it , but i cannot advise you on an amount to take .

I can advise for you to do a bit of reading though .

Stay safe.

sensible answer with great forum link

Last edited by Hey :-); 05-05-2012 at 20:55.
Old 05-05-2012, 20:50
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,113, Level: 12 Points: 7,113, Level: 12 Points: 7,113, Level: 12
Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz_stitch View Post
so 1 211 steel reserve plus 3 30mg valiums i should be good..or i should i dropped down to 20mg

Does valium give you a euphoric feel? If so..how many mg do i take
I have no idea what 211 Steel Reserve is, presumably its a beer of some kind. You seem to have little or no experience with diazepam (valium), and when taking a drug for the first time it is never advisable to combine other psychoactive substances. The answer to the question has already been given, perhaps you could re-read Potter's and EternalReality's replies.

It can be quite hazardous to combine alcohol and benzodiazepines, for reasons including accidental injury and respiratory depression, as well as good old-fashioned choking on vomit while asleep and memory loss. For a first time diazepam user as little as 2-5mg would usually have good effect. When taking larger doses judgement and coordination can be seriously impaired, with potentially tragic and fatal consequences. You don't need to take 20mg, and should start as low as possible.

Please remember to UTFSE, as Potter points out this question has been asked many times at DF. Multiple threads on the same question create extra work and confusion for all of us. You may find that the DF Wiki on Benzodiazepines answers your questions.

Mindless added 21 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
i think you kind of overused the "scare tactic" a little too much. you didn't provide a lot of information. kind of sarcastic.
accidents involving fire, alcohol, and benzodiazepines are not a scare tactic. I suspect people do cause fires in their confused intoxicated state. I once set fire to my kitchen in similar circumstances. Surely this is just the use of humour to make an important point about safety?

Last edited by Mindless; 05-05-2012 at 20:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2012, 21:19
Palladium Member

63 y/o Male from United States
scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.
Points: 1,288, Level: 5 Points: 1,288, Level: 5 Points: 1,288, Level: 5
Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz_stitch View Post
Oh I'm sorry I'm new to this forum thats why I asked..so 1 211 steel reserve plus 3 30mg valiums i should be good..or i should i dropped down to 20mg
As far as I can discover, there is no 30mg Valium, single dose/pill. I believe that in this second post, you've confused your equation. My investigation shows that 10mg is the largest dose per pill available in the US, so your question is "3 pills of 10 mg Valium/pill, PLUS a 40 oz. Malt Liquor (8.1% ethanol by volume).

See all answers above mine, but I don't believe even Potter considered that 211 Reserve Plus is 8.1% Malt Liquor.

Add to all previous warning the propensity for benzodiazapines (Valium's chemical family) to induce an insidious form of amnesia. You can therefore re-dose all to easily...assuming you have more than 3 pills available.

Honestly, because you're Valium naive, I'd be surprised if you didn't vomit from the combo you're planning. Full stomach or not. Fatty foods tend to potentate the effects of Valium. Empty stomach: It will all hit you faster and harder.

Unless you're 6'10", 350lbs, I'm predicting no fun whatsoever.

Be careful. We all just want you to be safe.

ST_68

good answer and clarifies ethanol by volume
Old 06-05-2012, 00:30

yeah thats what i meant by 30mg. I have im prescribed 10mg
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

to answer your question (OP) benzodiazepines do not increase dopamine or serotonin, the only receptors they affect are the GABA receptors. so scientifically speaking it does not give euphoria, it just slows down and decreases stimulation and excitement in the brain. some people do find recreational value for it though. but some people find it useless except for the use of relieving anxiety and making panic attacks go away.

Share this on:

Tags
valium