Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-05-2012, 07:50
nevergoback nevergoback is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 27-01-2012
Female from Australia
Posts: 189
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%
Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

I just got prescribed 50 pills of Xanac. 0.25mg each.
If I crush and snort a couple of these will I get high?
I've used benzos recreationally before (oxazapam, diazpam, and taken xanax bars)
However never by snorting them.
I have heard that snorting xanax gives you a bit of a high and buzz? is that true?
I was thinking of snorting 0.5mg tonight and see what happens.
I'm a recovering meth addict trying to find substitutions of escape.
  #2  
Old 04-05-2012, 08:05
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

no you won't get high. people have their "opinions" and say they get F'ed up on xanax by snorting them but xanax is NOT water-soluble so xanax wouldn't be absorbed through mucous membranes which makes snorting useless. the only xanax you will get in your system is the stuff in your nose that drips down your throat into your stomach leaving a horrible taste. it's a FACT not a opinion. and read the rules. drugs-forum rules say to not post threads that have already been discussed. search the forum first.
  #3  
Old 04-05-2012, 08:09
catseye Gold member catseye is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 21-10-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 1,222
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

The oral availability of alprozolam (xanax) is between 80-100% anyway, so there's really no need to snort it. It works just fine the way it is meant to be ingested

Snorting will only fill your nose with fillers and binders - consider the size of the pill, and the amount in mg of the active ingredient....the alprozolam only represents a teeny portion of the tablet, everything else is junk.

Do be careful, ok?
You end your post with the statement that you are a recovering meth (methamphetamine? methadone?) addict and are looking to 'substitute' with another substance...I'm sure you are familiar with the high addiction potential of benzos, the rapidly increasing tolerance, and the potentially difficult and drawn out withdrawals when coming off?

If there's any support you might want, maybe popping over to the Addiction and Recovery forum would help?
Be safe

Post Quality Evaluations:
good information and reminder re: harm reduction/being careful
  #4  
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
no you won't get high. people have their "opinions" and say they get F'ed up on xanax by snorting them but xanax is NOT water-soluble so xanax wouldn't be absorbed through mucous membranes which makes snorting useless. the only xanax you will get in your system is the stuff in your nose that drips down your throat into your stomach leaving a horrible taste. it's a FACT not a opinion. and read the rules. drugs-forum rules say to not post threads that have already been discussed. search the forum first.
I disagree. The only way for a person to enjoy snorting Xanax is for them to have no tolerance, therefore the amount the gets through the membrane cause a noticeable impact on such person, the rest goes down the throat.

However, if you have tolerance, snorting 2 pills of 2mg won't do much, if anything at all.
  #5  
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35
catseye Gold member catseye is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 21-10-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 1,222
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
no you won't get high. people have their "opinions" and say they get F'ed up on xanax by snorting them but xanax is NOT water-soluble so xanax wouldn't be absorbed through mucous membranes which makes snorting useless. the only xanax you will get in your system is the stuff in your nose that drips down your throat into your stomach leaving a horrible taste. it's a FACT not a opinion. and read the rules. drugs-forum rules say to not post threads that have already been discussed. search the forum first.
Drug forum rules also say to play nicely and not take an unnecessarily hostile tone towards other members
Water solubility rates are impacted by the body's pH, just because something is not soluble does NOT mean it can't be snorted. The nasal passages have a pH of around 6 I believe...alprazolam dissolves far better at a very low pH (8-10 mg/ml at pH 1.6), but even at a higher level some of the active ingredient would make it into the bloodstream via the nasal mucosa.
Fact

Laihanen et al, Solubility and intrinsic dissolution rate of alprazolam crystal modifications, Pharm Dev Technol., 1996;1(4):373-80.

Oral is far more effective, and safer (as in, no binders or junk to clog up and damage the very delicate nasal membranes).

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellently backed up calm post. Evidence-driven.
  #6  
Old 04-05-2012, 08:45
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catseye View Post
Drug forum rules also say to play nicely and not take an unnecessarily hostile tone towards other members
Water solubility rates are impacted by the body's pH, just because something is not soluble does NOT mean it can't be snorted. The nasal passages have a pH of around 6 I believe...alprazolam dissolves far better at a very low pH (8-10 mg/ml at pH 1.6), but even at a higher level some of the active ingredient would make it into the bloodstream via the nasal mucosa.
Fact

Laihanen et al, Solubility and intrinsic dissolution rate of alprazolam crystal modifications, Pharm Dev Technol., 1996;1(4):373-80.

Oral is far more effective, and safer (as in, no binders or junk to clog up and damage the very delicate nasal membranes).
yes but the drug forum rules say "do not purposely flame people" which i did not flame or disrespect anybody in any way. just because YOU may have assumed that i was being disrespectful means nothin. no offense but the whole "tone" thing really doesn't apply through text. i cant set a tone using words i type. and even if "SOME of the xanax COULD" make it into the bloodstream via snorting does not mean that it is effective enough to use. plus between the active/unactive ingredient ratio the fillers/binders would be a "blocker" so the little bit that can get through the mucous membranes might not even reach it. Fact
  #7  
Old 04-05-2012, 19:31
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
yes but the drug forum rules say "do not purposely flame people" which i did not flame or disrespect anybody in any way. just because YOU may have assumed that i was being disrespectful means nothin. no offense but the whole "tone" thing really doesn't apply through text. i cant set a tone using words i type. and even if "SOME of the xanax COULD" make it into the bloodstream via snorting does not mean that it is effective enough to use. plus between the active/unactive ingredient ratio the fillers/binders would be a "blocker" so the little bit that can get through the mucous membranes might not even reach it. Fact
Look dude I don't need to know any information from internet or books, I have snorted Xanax before and it hit me like a motherfucker, it only lasted about an hour though.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Nice reality check. There is some science to be learned about how it works though.
Your point is not made. Snorting xanax is addict behavior. The same results will be gained by oral consumption.
Acting hostile for no reason, should acknowledge the scientific basis about snorting Xanax while inputting personal experience. This post has been done distastefully.
  #8  
Old 05-05-2012, 00:31
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
Look dude I don't need to know any information from internet or books, I have snorted Xanax before and it hit me like a motherfucker, it only lasted about an hour though.
well them it was most likely placebo affect. if something is not possible, than it's not possible. you have your OPINION and i have my FACTS. good day.
  #9  
Old 05-05-2012, 01:47
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
well them it was most likely placebo affect. if something is not possible, than it's not possible. you have your OPINION and i have my FACTS. good day.
Placebo, ha yeah right. It's not an opinion by the way, experience is fact. All you have is some info you read on the internet somewhere.
  #10  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:05
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
Placebo, ha yeah right. It's not an opinion by the way, experience is fact. All you have is some info you read on the internet somewhere.
actually no i have information that i read on multiple sources and forums. i have snorted xanax many times, and to no avail. my buddies and i have snorted xanax and did not work better than orally. there are hundreds of debates about this particular situation. and no experience is not fact. if you experience a high from xanax, it could be placebo so it is not fact. but i won't argue with you because personally i snort xanax occasionally just because i like to snort it and i enjoy the drip. "Alprazolam is a white crystalline powder, which is soluble in methanol or ethanol but which has no appreciable solubility in water at physiological pH." http://www.rxlist.com/xanax-drug.htm just one of my many sources. you have your right to your opinions and facts as well as i do. i do not wish to argue with you. it is possible for "some" xanax to be absorbed but most likely no. i am not saying you are wrong but i am not saying i am wrong either. and i have known for people to have pure xanax powder without active ingredient which could make snorting better. have a nice day. and btw i have multiple sources. i am not a skeptic and i do not rely on 1 website or book for information. i also have asked many docters.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Handled a potential conflict well, acknowledged the relevance of experience but also repeated and stressed the facts which are more relevant as using drugs based on someone else's experiences is not a good idea
  #11  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
actually no i have information that i read on multiple sources and forums. i have snorted xanax many times, and to no avail. my buddies and i have snorted xanax and did not work better than orally. there are hundreds of debates about this particular situation. and no experience is not fact. if you experience a high from xanax, it could be placebo so it is not fact. but i won't argue with you because personally i snort xanax occasionally just because i like to snort it and i enjoy the drip. "Alprazolam is a white crystalline powder, which is soluble in methanol or ethanol but which has no appreciable solubility in water at physiological pH." http://www.rxlist.com/xanax-drug.htm just one of my many sources. you have your right to your opinions and facts as well as i do. i do not wish to argue with you. it is possible for "some" xanax to be absorbed but most likely no. i am not saying you are wrong but i am not saying i am wrong either. and i have known for people to have pure xanax powder without active ingredient which could make snorting better. have a nice day. and btw i have multiple sources. i am not a skeptic and i do not rely on 1 website or book for information. i also have asked many docters.
lol ok bro. It's definitely better to take it orally, but if you say you can snort Xanax and it won't do anything at all, you're wrong, that's all I'm saying. Peace out yo
  #12  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:17
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
lol ok bro. It's definitely better to take it orally, but if you say you can snort Xanax and it won't do anything at all, you're wrong, that's all I'm saying. Peace out yo
no i agree with you on the fact that snorting xanax does something. what i would do a few years back is i would snort 1mg xanax (blue footballs) after did a extraction using ethanol. and it was extremely effective.
  #13  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:27
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
no i agree with you on the fact that snorting xanax does something. what i would do a few years back is i would snort 1mg xanax (blue footballs) after did a extraction using ethanol. and it was extremely effective.
Oh that's cool, I didn't know about that. I'm kinda lazy doing stuff to drugs anyway, I'd rather take them as the are.

Post Quality Evaluations:
kinda useless one-liner
Kinda useless post evaluation.. hes just responding to a statement -.-
  #14  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00
Mr. Grindhouse Mr. Grindhouse is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 03-11-2011
Male from United States
Posts: 126
Mr. Grindhouse is captain of the psychonauts.Mr. Grindhouse is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
no you won't get high. people have their "opinions" and say they get F'ed up on xanax by snorting them but xanax is NOT water-soluble so xanax wouldn't be absorbed through mucous membranes which makes snorting useless. the only xanax you will get in your system is the stuff in your nose that drips down your throat into your stomach leaving a horrible taste. it's a FACT not a opinion. and read the rules. drugs-forum rules say to not post threads that have already been discussed. search the forum first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
I disagree. The only way for a person to enjoy snorting Xanax is for them to have no tolerance, therefore the amount the gets through the membrane cause a noticeable impact on such person, the rest goes down the throat.

However, if you have tolerance, snorting 2 pills of 2mg won't do much, if anything at all.
Someone was telling me that both of these answers are good representations of the answer to your question. Yes, Xanax is not water soluble so it does not get absorbed by your mucus membranes at a rate that is efficient enough for the desired effect. Given enough time, most things can be absorbed partially thought the membranes. He thinks it is this characteristic which allows people to get high from snorting because they have a low tolerance or body chemistry that makes them more susceptible to xanax.

He would also recommend taking them sublingually. Yea, the taste is terrible (thats why he loves klonopin) but its the best way...he takes vicodin the same way.
  #15  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:06
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grindhouse View Post
Someone was telling me that both of these answers are good representations of the answer to your question. Yes, Xanax is not water soluble so it does not get absorbed by your mucus membranes at a rate that is efficient enough for the desired effect. Given enough time, most things can be absorbed partially thought the membranes. He thinks it is this characteristic which allows people to get high from snorting because they have a low tolerance or body chemistry that makes them more susceptible to xanax.

He would also recommend taking them sublingually. Yea, the taste is terrible (thats why he loves klonopin) but its the best way...he takes vicodin the same way.
Mr. Grindhouse, using xanax sublingually (under the tongue) would work just about as much as snorting would. which is not very efficient. when you melt a medicine under your tounge it gets absorbed by the membranes under your tounge, but it cannot be absorbed (well atleast most of it can't ) through the membranes under your tongue if it is not water soluble. if xanax can't be absorbed by snorting because it is not water soluble what makes you think it would be able to be absorbed under the tongue when it STILL has to be water soluble. and most of the medicine would just be spitted out because of the horrid taste or it would be swallowed. your basically just hurting your taste buds while taking xanax un efficiently
  #16  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:52
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
Mr. Grindhouse, using xanax sublingually (under the tongue) would work just about as much as snorting would. which is not very efficient. when you melt a medicine under your tounge it gets absorbed by the membranes under your tounge, but it cannot be absorbed (well atleast most of it can't ) through the membranes under your tongue if it is not water soluble. if xanax can't be absorbed by snorting because it is not water soluble what makes you think it would be able to be absorbed under the tongue when it STILL has to be water soluble. and most of the medicine would just be spitted out because of the horrid taste or it would be swallowed. your basically just hurting your taste buds while taking xanax un efficiently
Omg it all surreal now, I've take Xanax sublungually many times, it has a quicker and hard effect on me. So quit reading books bro, or internet articles.
  #17  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:13
Mr. Grindhouse Mr. Grindhouse is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 03-11-2011
Male from United States
Posts: 126
Mr. Grindhouse is captain of the psychonauts.Mr. Grindhouse is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
Mr. Grindhouse, using xanax sublingually (under the tongue) would work just about as much as snorting would. which is not very efficient. when you melt a medicine under your tounge it gets absorbed by the membranes under your tounge, but it cannot be absorbed (well atleast most of it can't ) through the membranes under your tongue if it is not water soluble. if xanax can't be absorbed by snorting because it is not water soluble what makes you think it would be able to be absorbed under the tongue when it STILL has to be water soluble. and most of the medicine would just be spitted out because of the horrid taste or it would be swallowed. your basically just hurting your taste buds while taking xanax un efficiently
Clonazepam is not water soluble, but can be absorbed sublingually. However, it is lipid soluble...which is the important part.

And it is possible to dissolve a pill in your mouth without swallowing any, ya know
  #18  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:31
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grindhouse View Post
Clonazepam is not water soluble, but can be absorbed sublingually. However, it is lipid soluble...which is the important part. And it is possible to dissolve a pill in your mouth without swallowing any, ya know
yes it's possible to escape from maximum security prison but it's hard. not saying that melting a pill under your tongue is hard but most in this case xanax, has on of the worst tastes ever, and if you were to melt it under your tongue you might accidently spit it out or swallow it. and actually you will end up swallowing SOME of the pill. it might not be a lot but some of it. but when using pills sublingually i like to crush it up into a powder and then lift up my tongue and "lay " the powder under my tongue. and Clonazepam can be absorbed under the tongue but i didn't feel the need to tell the OP that considering we were talking about xanax (alprazolam) not Clonazepam.
  #19  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:04
Mr. Grindhouse Mr. Grindhouse is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 03-11-2011
Male from United States
Posts: 126
Mr. Grindhouse is captain of the psychonauts.Mr. Grindhouse is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
yes it's possible to escape from maximum security prison but it's hard. not saying that melting a pill under your tongue is hard but most in this case xanax, has on of the worst tastes ever, and if you were to melt it under your tongue you might accidently spit it out or swallow it. and actually you will end up swallowing SOME of the pill. it might not be a lot but some of it. but when using pills sublingually i like to crush it up into a powder and then lift up my tongue and "lay " the powder under my tongue. and Clonazepam can be absorbed under the tongue but i didn't feel the need to tell the OP that considering we were talking about xanax (alprazolam) not Clonazepam.
Al

And all my friend is saying is that you can in fact sublingual xanax (like clonazepam) Whether you enjoy the taste, thats up to you...the snorting is hard for me to decide on...since it is not water soluble, but my friend felt damn near euphoric the first time he railed one. He rarely uses xanax in general, but has two bars laying around if he feels so inclines as to put half under his tongue and rail the other half...in the name of science.

Mr. Grindhouse added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

'hasn't used in a while" is a better phrase...

Last edited by Mr. Grindhouse; 05-05-2012 at 06:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #20  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grindhouse View Post
Al

And all my friend is saying is that you can in fact sublingual xanax (like clonazepam) Whether you enjoy the taste, thats up to you...the snorting is hard for me to decide on...since it is not water soluble, but my friend felt damn near euphoric the first time he railed one. He rarely uses xanax in general, but has two bars laying around if he feels so inclines as to put half under his tongue and rail the other half...in the name of science.

Mr. Grindhouse added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

'hasn't used in a while" is a better phrase...
well railing a 2mg bar is a bad idea. considering the pill itself weighs more than 1 gram but there is only 2 mg of xanax in the bar so its 2/1000 of the pill. and on top of that some of the pill goes down your throat or in your lungs or falls out, and xanax is not water soluble so unless you do an ethanol extraction there would be no use. and xanax is not lipid soluble

EternalReality added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
Omg it all surreal now, I've take Xanax sublungually many times, it has a quicker and hard effect on me. So quit reading books bro, or internet articles.
so just because you take xanax sublingually and snort it and you feel something means it is a fact? no it does not. i don't just read books or internet articles. my friends and i have done many "drug trials" and we have attempted to use xanax sublingually - didnt work snorting-didnt work oral- worked. i have also asked several doctors if doing these methods work on XANAX they said no. infact about a month and a half ago i OD on xanax and had to go to the ER i was sitting in the bed and i had to sit with the nurse for 3 days and asked them they said no. i also read internet websites such as the website for the company that makes xanax and it says it is not soluble. you have YOUR experience and i have multiple recourses including my friends and my experience

Last edited by EternalReality; 05-05-2012 at 06:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #21  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:52
ebolarama ebolarama is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 20-04-2012
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 161
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

If i have no current tolerance to xanax and i ingest 2mg orally, i will get nice and comfy after about 10 minutes. However if also with no tolerance i snort 2mg xanax i will generally fall asleep within 5-10 minutes if i don't force myself to stay awake. This is not 'placebo' (lol). Believe what you will though, this only applies to my personal experience (and every one of my friends).

I would also like to point out that the old formula opana's (oxymorphone 40mg) were not water soluble, but snorting those would have your face melting almost before you came up from the table.
  #22  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
If i have no current tolerance to xanax and i ingest 2mg orally, i will get nice and comfy after about 10 minutes. However if also with no tolerance i snort 2mg xanax i will generally fall asleep within 5-10 minutes if i don't force myself to stay awake. This is not 'placebo' (lol). Believe what you will though, this only applies to my personal experience (and every one of my friends).

I would also like to point out that the old formula opana's (oxymorphone 40mg) were not water soluble, but snorting those would have your face melting almost before you came up from the table.
if the opana's were not water soluble than it was placebo affect. the FACTS are that xanax is not water soluble therefore it cannot be absorbed through the mucous membranes therefore YOU WON'T GET HIGH. and obviously you do not know what "placebo" means doctors have prescribed placebo ADHD medications to people and some people dramatically improved by keeping their ADHD under control. some doctors have prescibed placebo ambien and people have had their sleep improved and have been able to fall asleep faster. so yes it is possible to snort xanax and have a placebo affect and fall asleep. and the only xanax that you would get in your system would be the xanax that drips down your throat from post nasal drip. you have your experience that you call a "fact" i have my and my friends trial & error study and reports from other users on several forums and websites. i have FACTS from books and other sources including doctors and nurses and wikepedia and the website for the company that makes xanax. you can keep commenting on this thread but until you have an intelligent FACT about this debate i am not going to bother to waste my time. and i find it extremely hard to believe that EVERY SINGLE one of your friends has snorted xanax and had the SAME ANSWER as you. FACTS beat OPINIONS in this case. good day.

Post Quality Evaluations:
hostile and rude YET again. Your continuously arrogant attitude here will get you banned so cut it out and play nicely
Please only use caps for the first letter of a sentence, proper nouns, and abbreviations. Do not use them to make your point.
  #23  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07
ebolarama ebolarama is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 20-04-2012
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 161
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

A mistake in my last post, opana might be water soluble not sure, the point of snorting them was to bypass the time release mechanism.

And dude chill out, i'm not saying anything is a fact or not, i'm merely explaining that the consensus between my friends and i is that snorting xanax knocks you the fuck out.

Also, i personally do not experience placebo effects anymore. I am well aware of my body at all times and pay close attention to how a particular substance is changing it.

Here just dug some articles up,

"In conclusion, intranasal administration of benzodiazepines is not only an extremely efficient method of use, but is also prevalent in the recreational drug community. I have shown that drug absorption in the mucous membranes relies on lipid solubility, not water solubility, and that drugs that are lipid soluble are very often water insoluble. There is no scientific evidence whatsoever to give the impression that water-insoluble benzodiazepines can not be taken intranasal, and thus it is a 100% positive fact that it is a myth. Water insoluble benzos can be snorted, are snorted, and if one so desires, should be snorted."

Am i allowed to link to other websites here for the full article or is that against the rules?

Anyways snorting and sublingual are effective because even though these drugs aren't water soluble, they are lipid soluble. Fact enough for you?
  #24  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:18
EternalReality EternalReality is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-04-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 205
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
A mistake in my last post, opana might be water soluble not sure, the point of snorting them was to bypass the time release mechanism.

And dude chill out, i'm not saying anything is a fact or not, i'm merely explaining that the consensus between my friends and i is that snorting xanax knocks you the fuck out.

Also, i personally do not experience placebo effects anymore. I am well aware of my body at all times and pay close attention to how a particular substance is changing it.

Here just dug some articles up,

"In conclusion, intranasal administration of benzodiazepines is not only an extremely efficient method of use, but is also prevalent in the recreational drug community. I have shown that drug absorption in the mucous membranes relies on lipid solubility, not water solubility, and that drugs that are lipid soluble are very often water insoluble. There is no scientific evidence whatsoever to give the impression that water-insoluble benzodiazepines can not be taken intranasal, and thus it is a 100% positive fact that it is a myth. Water insoluble benzos can be snorted, are snorted, and if one so desires, should be snorted."

Am i allowed to link to other websites here for the full article or is that against the rules?

Anyways snorting and sublingual are effective because even though these drugs aren't water soluble, they are lipid soluble. Fact enough for you?
1- why would you tell me to chill out?? i am perfectly chill i wouldn't waste my time getting mad sweating the small stuff. yes just because a drug isn't water soluble doesn't mean it isn't lipid soluble, but on the other hand just because something isn't water soluble doesn't automatically mean that it is lipid soluble. so your reference is a article from a website that you did not provide the url to so therefore i cannot determine whether it is legitimate or not. and your article is implying that just because benzo's aren't water soluble (which one of them is) that it automatically makes them lipid soluble which is a lie. xanax is not lipid soluble, or atleast appreciatively lipid soluble enough to cause an effect.
  #25  
Old 05-05-2012, 20:19
reef88 reef88 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-2011
Male from Earth
Posts: 1,409
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Re: Got some xannies. What does snorting them do?

All I know is that Xanax works wonderfully when it comes to sublingual administration, if you can tolerate the taste. It hits you almost right away and just as hard as if you had ingested it. Snorting Xanax is less effective, I'd say that most of it doesn't pass the mucous membrane but just drip down your throat, however I've snorted a 2mg Xanax pill back when I had to tolerance and it hit me hard, it was very short-lived though, and please don't tell me anything about placebo it's almost insulting lol.

If EternalReality thinks that I am wrong and what happened to me was placebo or a dream or whatever then ok, if it doesn't work for you too bad, cause it looks like I got several methods or administration, and all you got is ingesting it.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam high, snorting alprazolam, xanax

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snorting heroin vs. snorting painkillers keats Opiate addiction 8 10-07-2014 11:16
Snorting - How long to wait before blowing nose / general bath salt snorting questions IGoBoo Beta-Ketones 5 29-01-2014 03:19
Snorting - No euphoria from snorting oxycontin!? SalsburyOxys Oxycodone 10 17-11-2012 08:08
Effects - Experiment Results: Smoking vs Snorting Alex C Heroin 22 18-12-2010 18:19
Snorting vs oral intake: Can snorting be more dangerous? Alfa Pharmacology 7 09-09-2009 00:57

» New Threads
Pure Caffeine, drug testing?
Last post by Ganja Joe
0 Replies, 1 Views
Gabapentin and clonazepam...
Last post by Grassburner
5 Replies, 193 Views
1 big hit vs several small hits in...
Last post by JSAGJC
3 Replies, 133 Views
I need help with my cocaine...
Last post by Barnacle86
4 Replies, 242 Views
Florida Pain Pill Refill...
Last post by adam525
1 Replies, 30 Views
back to sub after Smoking fent -...
Last post by AltrdPercption
1 Replies, 37 Views
Methadone withdrawals is there...
Last post by adam525
1 Replies, 88 Views
itle: Elevated Urine Zinc...
Last post by Calliope
0 Replies, 1 Views
Subotex mixed with Oxazepam
Last post by AltrdPercption
1 Replies, 35 Views
Please help. 1st time Heroin...
Last post by JonnyBGoode
5 Replies, 187 Views
» New Wiki Articles
GHB
NET

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:24.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved