Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 06:39

Male from United States
gman7104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
how to make adderall release more serotonin

I like to use adderall for the serotonin rush. I dont care too much for dopamine-releasing drugs, but I like adderall because it makes me feel like im rolling a bit. Is there a way to make adderall work on serotonin receptors more?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:53
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Re: how to make adderall release more serotonin

Adderall won't make you feel like you're "rolling" after more than a couple uses, though I personally hate when people use that term to describe amph. I don't know much about the serotonin but you could try looking up glutamic acid, i guess that possibly has a correlation between amphetamines and serotonin.

Last edited by ebolarama; 04-05-2012 at 07:08. Reason: so much hostility
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman7104 View Post
I like to use adderall for the serotonin rush. I dont care too much for dopamine-releasing drugs, but I like adderall because it makes me feel like im rolling a bit. Is there a way to make adderall work on serotonin receptors more?
adderall is a "dopamine-releasing drug" but you just said you dont like "dopamine releasing drugs"
Old 05-05-2012, 02:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chris120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

Hello there! To be honest I do not know what would directly increase the serotonin levels while not raising dopamine and norepinephrine levels at the same time. By the way, the "rolling" feeling i'm you experience is most likely the dopamine/norepinephrine increase compared to serotonin. The dopamine gives the happiness/euphoria, and the norepinephrine gives the high energy. Serotonin is more of just a mood lifter to keep thoughts on the positive, etc. I have read that you will absorb the adderall more (and thus have increased overall effect) if you take it with a more alkaline stomach. Do this by eating foods like almonds, carrots, and other vegetables, and only drinking water. Try not eating fatty/sugary foods along with acidic drinks (like soda or orange juice) before you take it, as they will make your stomach acidic, reducing adderall's effect. But don't use this as an excuse to starve yourself from food or a drink if you need to drink it. Ask me if you have any more questions!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:19
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris120 View Post
Hello there! To be honest I do not know what would directly increase the serotonin levels while not raising dopamine and norepinephrine levels at the same time. By the way, the "rolling" feeling i'm you experience is most likely the dopamine/norepinephrine increase compared to serotonin. The dopamine gives the happiness/euphoria, and the norepinephrine gives the high energy. Serotonin is more of just a mood lifter to keep thoughts on the positive, etc. I have read that you will absorb the adderall more (and thus have increased overall effect) if you take it with a more alkaline stomach. Do this by eating foods like almonds, carrots, and other vegetables, and only drinking water. Try not eating fatty/sugary foods along with acidic drinks (like soda or orange juice) before you take it, as they will make your stomach acidic, reducing adderall's effect. But don't use this as an excuse to starve yourself from food or a drink if you need to drink it. Ask me if you have any more questions!
also mixing some baking soda with a glass of water reduces the acidity in the stomach causing more of the adderall to be absorbed by raising bio-availibility
Old 05-05-2012, 04:26
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReality View Post
also mixing some baking soda with a glass of water reduces the acidity in the stomach causing more of the adderall to be absorbed by raising bio-availibility
Good point! I have heard of this method, but I choose to not use it as baking soda and water mixtures taste pretty bad in general. Gets the job done though!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Good point! I have heard of this method, but I choose to not use it as baking soda and water mixtures taste pretty bad in general. Gets the job done though!
yes i find if i mix baking soda and water it has a salty "make you wanna barf" taste so i get some koolaid powder and mix it in their. or if i am trying to potentiate opiates like oxycodone or hydrocodone i will mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a coors light 5%alcohol beer. i know mixing to downers is dangerous but i keep it under control.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
yes i find if i mix baking soda and water it has a salty "make you wanna barf" taste so i get some koolaid powder and mix it in their. or if i am trying to potentiate opiates like oxycodone or hydrocodone i will mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a coors light 5%alcohol beer. i know mixing to downers is dangerous but i keep it under control.
Yeah 5% beer doesn't sound like it would give an adverse reaction to other downers. I mean unless you are really chugging the solution, but that's probably near impossible heh. Thanks for the idea about adding Koolaid though, I didn't even think about that. Good to know for when I really need to alkalize my stomach!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:36
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Yeah 5% beer doesn't sound like it would give an adverse reaction to other downers. I mean unless you are really chugging the solution, but that's probably near impossible heh. Thanks for the idea about adding Koolaid though, I didn't even think about that. Good to know for when I really need to alkalize my stomach!
yeh NP about the kool-aid thing and can i PM you about oxycodone suggestion.? i don't want to make a thread because there are too many and i will just get negative rep but i need specific help.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
yeh NP about the kool-aid thing and can i PM you about oxycodone suggestion.? i don't want to make a thread because there are too many and i will just get negative rep but i need specific help.
Sure, PM me whenever. Id be happy to help.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:55
Silver Member

can just eat tums or rolaids instead of baking soda, save your tastebuds the abuse.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:01
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
can just eat tums or rolaids instead of baking soda, save your tastebuds the abuse.
baking soda doesn't taste that bad. and if you mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 8oz. of water you cant taste it at all. tums and rolaids leave a powdery artificial fruit chalk taste.
Old 05-05-2012, 23:03
Silver Member

Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.

Easy! Wave a wand and add a methylenedioxy group on the 3,4 positions on the phenyl ring (Although it will still be less than MDMA)! But in all seriousness, you're not going to get much serotonin release out of amphetamine. You get a little more serotonin release out of methamphetamine, hence its better chance of causing neurotoxicity.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50

Male from United States

I'm not saying I don't like dopamine releasing drugs at all, but I think they are dull when compared to drugs that affect serotonin. Ive tried meth and rolls, rolls were absouletly amazing and I thought that meth was the most pleasurable experience ive ever had, but I liked the super happy amazing feeling you get off rolls.

I feel some of the serotonin rush on adderall, and that combined with norepinephrine rush plus dopamine rush reminds me of a roll somewhat.

Would serotonin agonists work?
Old 22-07-2012, 00:18

28 y/o Male from United States
nuggs313 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Also wouldn't using Kool aid mix be the complete opposite of baking soda seeing how it has citric acid in it
Old 03-08-2012, 18:13
Banned

16 y/o Male from USA - New York
Thedoorsandchemistry is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

in terms of stimulants in general a lot of people who have adhd (i do not) who try to get high says adderal doesnt get u high it calms u, for me its the oppostie its well.. an amphetamine high thats what it is. dont people with adhd react differently to things like nicotine and sstims because o the way ytheir brain releases chemicals? and if i havent done adderal or any amphetamines or other drugs in 3 months whats a good dose for recreation if i way just under 100lbs?
Old 07-08-2012, 00:15

Male from United States
Sinned17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedoorsandchemistry View Post
in terms of stimulants in general a lot of people who have adhd (i do not) who try to get high says adderal doesnt get u high it calms u, for me its the oppostie its well.. an amphetamine high thats what it is. dont people with adhd react differently to things like nicotine and sstims because o the way ytheir brain releases chemicals? and if i havent done adderal or any amphetamines or other drugs in 3 months whats a good dose for recreation if i way just under 100lbs?
I have ADHD and I can't speak for other people with it but I agree that Adderall calms me down. There is a euphoric feel the first few days you take it but I'm not sure what high you're supposed to feel. I've never had a "rolling" feel on it like with e.

I really don't know how your tolerance is but 3 months not on it is a good long break.
Old 15-08-2012, 19:16

27 y/o Male from United States
shockvaluejj should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Yeah, I've been on combinations of adder all, vyvanse, and focalin for the last several months to treat my ADHD. When I first started, I was amazingly hopeful and motivated, and cleaning became my passion. However, that lasted maybe 2 weeks at max, and now a days 60 mg of adderall xr just slows me down to the point where I can willfully focus my thoughts on things. It sure as hell doesn't feel like a powerful stimulant. To be honest, its often times reminiscent of a low dose of opiates, I guess that probably has something to do with the dopamine component in both. I find it really interesting, though, that when my adder all is working,these days, my pupils actually become pinpricks, as opposed to getting blown the fuck up like they used to. Anyhow, I can still get shit done, so I'm not complaining.
Old 17-08-2012, 19:26

Female from USA - New Jersey
jerziegirl434 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

well i tried this ,this morning and yes yes yes it works, i got a great nights sleep after i made an amazing dinner,i drank the baking soda and took my meds,it was a wonderful morning thank you for the input
Old 29-08-2012, 08:18

33 y/o Male from United States
PunchThomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinned17 View Post
I have ADHD and I can't speak for other people with it but I agree that Adderall calms me down.
This is because an ADHD brain needs stimulation to get going, so people with ADHD tend to fidget and bounce around a lot, because that physical activity is necessary to get their brains going. Stimulants like adderall are effective for ADHD because it stimulates your brain chemically, without the physical activity, thus making it appear to calm you down.
Old 01-09-2012, 22:36

24 y/o Male from United States
dante5d should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Quote:
is swim really the only one to have had terrible experiences with this advice in the past?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:42
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante5d View Post
is swim really the only one to have had terrible experiences with this advice in the past?
What do you mean by terrible experiences? I found out about the tums/baking soda thing on accident at first and that was a terrible experience. Had been awake for a long time and stomach was acting up so i ate a couple tums, next thing i know i'm much higher than i was before, which would have been cool if i wasn't already entirely burnt out and planning to crash.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:25

24 y/o Male from United States
dante5d should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
What do you mean by terrible experiences? I found out about the tums/baking soda thing on accident at first and that was a terrible experience. Had been awake for a long time and stomach was acting up so i ate a couple tums, next thing i know i'm much higher than i was before, which would have been cool if i wasn't already entirely burnt out and planning to crash.
i was told to do the baking soda thing for a different reason.... being in an over-alkali state (ie from the baka soda.....) leads to the worst shits any human is capable of enduring. tums are fine...... dont fucking mix baking soda with water and drink it.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03

Male from United States

i have found that taking a 5-htp increases serotonin levels and thus more serotonin output from amphetamine. I also notice that the "m. amphet salts" brand is much more speedy and happy-go-lucky as compared to adderall XR, imo.

Share this on: