Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-07-2004, 20:34

poeticvanity is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Chest pains, racing heart & panic attacks after taking methamphetamine

SWIM tried crystal meth for the first time last friday..... did two small lines and took two hits. That night he had also did some cocaine. he was feeling great the whole day my high was awesome. On sunday night he did cocaine again, this trip wasnt that great, his chest seemed like it was gonna pop right out of his skin. after about 3hours he felt okay.

Its now thursday morning almost a week after he did crystal. everytime he thinks about it he gets these horrible chest pains, his chest feels tight. when he's preoccupied its okay. he was talking to my mom about this earlier andhe had a horrible panic attack his heart was pounding.

swim thinks he might go to the doctors tomorrow....he's really not sure what to do...please help. thank you

Last edited by ~lostgurl~; 04-12-2007 at 17:15. Reason: coding swim
Old 08-07-2004, 20:36
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41
Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4%
Lay off drugs and get your heart checked out asap!
Old 08-07-2004, 23:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

psyko_tripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2

To be honest, when I did meth the first time, I couldn't sleep for 3 days. Just 2 little linesmedium quality meth. I was constantly worrying that I was gonna die or something, I even thought I overdosed. The chest pain lasted about a good week and the feeling of my aorta spasming also for a few weeks. I swore to myself that I would never do that again. But some time later I did it many more times.

Since then it doesn't effect me as much anymore. I hardly ever get uncomfortable again. The first few times with meth I mostly ended up getting sick. But these days it mostlytreats me good. I think the first time people always end up doing too much. But after some time they develope some tolerance to the experience and things go much smoother.

But then again I'm not a heavy user. I do it like once per 3 months average. The most I ever did was like half a gram. I'm a user of various drugs but just for using them as tools to mold my consciousness.

Sorry I'm too high and my english is not that well, excuse the errors.
Old 08-07-2004, 23:41

poeticvanity is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
thank you very much, that has given me some hope. i went to the doctor and they told me i had arthitis in the chest, i took some ib profen and i feel much better.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:58

27 y/o Male
Psilocybe S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4

The first time I did crystal, I fell asleep. Good crystal too, but im weird like that. But I dont think there is anything wrong with you..with Meth, through out the high, most of the problems/negitive effects are all mental.(In my experience) The high is also somewhat mental.(ie. If you tell yourself you're not high, then you wont be.) So I think you should either take this "bad experience" as a sign and not do crystal/coke, or just do it again with a clearer head. If it happens again, maybe its serious.
Old 09-07-2004, 15:13

Good advice Psilocybe!

I agree that the high is very very mental. If you're gonna be in heaven or just thinking you're gonna die depends much on your attitude.

The first times I always got caught up in a negative mindset which would ruin my trip. But after some experience I'm able to control my trip better and achieve astounding results.

The chest pain sometimes returns but when I reflect on that and say to myself that its normal, the effect usually goes away. I think you're mind can really exaggerate thing while on meth. A litlle pain can feel like you're dying and a litlle euphoria can lead to heavenly experiences.

But still you've to be carefull about things like that. If the chest pain returns or lingers on, it can be that you're system doesn't take meth so well. So always keep in consideration that different people react differently with different drugs. So be carefull and don't overdo it. And listen well to you're body.
Old 09-07-2004, 16:33
Silver Member

Insane Asian is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 207, Level: 2 Points: 207, Level: 2 Points: 207, Level: 2
i guess its first time somethings, but ya also the first time i smoked 3 bowls and couldnt sleep for 3 days either, now my sleep patterns are f**ked up for the rest of the summer i sleep during the days (because i pass out) and am awake during the nights (from the ice). but i havnt done ice in a long time so it doesnt matter what i say.
Old 09-07-2004, 17:15

60 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
searcher should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 2,058, Level: 6 Points: 2,058, Level: 6 Points: 2,058, Level: 6

What is arthitis, arthritis?

Speed is not a "mental" thing. It will make you rush, and sweat because your metabolism will be sped up. You wont be able to eat, you might feel sick or get dry heaves.Your heart will pound in your chest. You might get thirsty and drink alot. It will make you piss, but not like a beer piss. It will be hard to piss because your muscles will be all tightened up. You might have trouble getting an erection. Speed will make you feel good for a while, you'll feel like superman, all full of energy. But then, after it starts wearing off you'll feel like crap, tired but unable to sleep.
Old 09-07-2004, 17:27

You're right about the physical syptoms. But when I say that the high is very mental I mean that it is easilly influenced by your own thoughts. A positive mindset will make you're high positive and vice versa. The physical syptoms stay nonetheless. But if you're enjoying yourself or not depends very much on youre mental state.

Share this on:

Tags
panic attack