Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:24
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
DiacetylEntertainment is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Creating my own smoke blend... Ideas?

Hello All,
Recently the thought of designing a smoke blend has popped into my head and has yet to leave. I came upon something called Soma Spliffs that seemed to contain Amanita and Kratom. I didnt know you could smoke either of those. So, any ideas? I'd like to use extracts along with actual plant material. I want to put it in a baggie and throw in a quarter of ok bud into it, already broken up.

Some things I've thought of are
Wild Dagga,
Wild Lettuce,
Kratom,
Amanita,
Passion Flower,
California Poppy

Any ideas or ratios for what to add would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not learn through trial and error as I'm accustomed too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:05
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Creating my own smoke blend... Ideas?

I have seen some blends containing kratom but to be honest its probably a waste of product.I havent smoked it myself but know of people trying it and all have said its crap.I think that even if it was smokeable you would need to smoke a shitload to have any effect.I use damiana mixed with my hash for a joint after giving up tobacco and that is ok.Tastes ok and even on its own it has very mild effects[maybe placebo??]I have somked wild lettuce once many years ago which also had very mild effects,but it was an extract and I smoked it through a water pipe.Havent tried it myself but have heard that amanita can be quite good for smoking.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:13

34 y/o Male from Norway
low-boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM just ordered all these herbs to make an nice smoke blend:

Kanna (Sceletium Tortuosum)
Blue Lotus (Nymphaea Caerulea)
Pink Lotus (Nelumbo Nucifera)
Maconha Brava (Zornia Latifolia)
Siberian Motherwort (Leonorus Sibiricus)
Damiana (Turnera Diffusa)
Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi)
Indian Warrior (Pedicularis Densiflora)
Wild Dagga (Leonotis Leonurus)
Dwarf Scullcap (Scutellaria Nana)
Bay Bean (Canavalia Rosea)
Common Mullein (Verbascum Thapsus)
Marshmallow (Althaea Officinalis)
Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia)
Lousewort (Pedicularis Bracteosa)
Red Clover (Trifolium Pratense)
Rose (Rosa Rubiginosa)
Old 02-05-2012, 15:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.

I'm with hardstepa about kratom. There are people that smoke it but you would need alot. You would probably need a high potency extract to make smoking worthwhile. There are also conflicting studies on mitragynine's boiling point, most say it boils around 200 celcius and a few say around 500 celcius.

Passionflower is worthwhile though. Just the plain herb gives you a cerebral effect. I was very surprised when I found that out. It doesn't last long and it's kind of weak too.

Smoking amanita isn't worth it imo, tastes bad and doesn't do much.

Wild dagga works, but you need like 2 bowls to feel base effects. I'm going to be recieving pure leonurine soon, and I'm expecting it to be nice.

Wild lettuce is iffy. It kind of works but it's not really worth it. I've never used an extraction though. I believe you are actually supposed to use the latex produced by cutting the stem.

I've never used californian poppy, but i've heard of alot of people claiming to not get effects from it.

I really like to use a 100x blue lotus extract. That works really well smoked. Sinicuichi is also pretty active in it's plain form. Catnip also works well in it's plain form. Sinicuichi and catnip are about as strong as passion flower.

You should look into the other salvias besides divinorum, there's some intresting strains out there that are pretty active on thier own. Like nemorosa, guaranitica, and farinacea.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you for the post. Exact post I was looking for.
Reviews a variety of legal smokes and makes reasonable recommendations!
Old 02-05-2012, 15:10
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

There is a big difference between smoking something for effects and smoking it for taste. Something like Kratom will be thrown into a headshop blend because people might have heard of it and they might think that it will give them some of the effects associated with eating/drinking it.

Some people making their own blends might add it because they like the way it tastes or the way it burns, the same can be said of many other psychoactive plants that are not necessarily active when smoked.

Personally, i dont think there is any amount of kratom (in plain or extracted form) that will give kratom like effects when smoked.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Netherlands
Lodewijkp is on the way upLodewijkp is on the way upLodewijkp is on the way up
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

you could throw in some salvia nemorosa, wormwood and lemon verbana in the mix
Old 04-05-2012, 22:04
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
DiacetylEntertainment is learning how to become a psychonaut.

SWIM likes the idea of different salvia strains. SWIM also doesnt want to necessarily be 'tripping' from it, well, at least not a salvia trip. He'd through in some of the huge batch of clean N,N-DMT into the mix. It's a shame kratom wouldnt work, SWIM too was keeping its boiling point in mind. He's rather drink a tea of it Also, SWIM will be making/buying his own extracts .

So far, SWIM has gathered:
7g Average Quality Bud
3.5g High Quality Tobacco

(The rest I havn't figured out weights for)
Wild Dagga (whole)
Blue Lotus (Extract)
Passion Flower (Extract)
Kanna (Is it smokable?) (Extract)
Intoxicating Mint (Maybe?) (Whole)
Sinicuichi (Maybe Extract, Maybe Whole)

So is it Salvinorum as the primary alkaloid in those other strands of Salvia?

Any more reccomendations? Whats in Skullcap; I couldnt find it on erowid.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:34
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.

People make tea out of intoxicating mint, so I doubt it will work smoked. Terpineol, one of it's actives, has a boiling point of 219 celcius. So at least that one will degrade when a flame is put to it.

Unless you are going for aesthetics, you will want to get an extract of wild dagga, it takes alot to feel it's base effects.

Kanna is smokable, alot of people enjoy it actually. I'm not one of those people though haha. To me, it tastes really bad, and I don't get much of an effect from it. alot of people claim that just a pinch smoked produces effects.

Blue lotus is an excellent choice. Personally I find 250mg of a 100x extract to be active smoked it's about as potent as the same ammount of descent cannabis although it's a completely different effect.
Tomorrow I'm getting some pure alkaloids, should be intresting!

I have experience with sinichuichi both in extract form and in it's natural form. The extract really doesn't work for me. I'm not sure why. The regular herb does however. Maybe the vendor I get the extract from (who is a very respectable vendor I might add) extracts actives that degrade when smoked. Maybe I got a placebo effect when I smoked it whole before.

Again passionflower is a great choice even whole, one bowl will give you effects. I think it's a very unappreciated herb. I have made a tea out of an extract without feeling much effects, but I didn't try smoking it. I would assume it works, but who knows.

It's Salvinorin A, actually, and it's not an alkaloid it's a diterpenoid. Salvia Divinorum is the only plat that has it. The other salvias (that I have found information on) do not make you trip.
One of Salvia Nemorosa's actives is Nemorosin, it's also a diterpenoid and people who have experience with opium say it close to that although much much much less pronounced. It's active at about 3 leaves or so, for base effects.
Salvia Splendins supposedly gives you a euphoric effect, people claim it's close to a sativa high, I have never tried it. Only 2 types of splendin's are active. One of them is the "Bonfire" variety. I don't remember what the other is called.
There are many other kinds of salvia. It's probably the most promising genus of plants for the "next big thing" to emerge from. However it's pretty much impossible to find a supplier of any salvia species besides divinorum, so you will have to grow it.

Edit to add:
The only skullcap I can find in it's whole form is laterifolia, which is completely worthless. The others I can find are in extract form. They are used in traditional chinese medicine and aren't smoked. Apparently there's a strong variety called "mad dog skullcap" and "desert skullcap". I can't find any vendors carrying those varieties.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:30

34 y/o Male from Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleaf64 View Post

Edit to add:
The only skullcap I can find in it's whole form is laterifolia, which is completely worthless. The others I can find are in extract form. They are used in traditional chinese medicine and aren't smoked. Apparently there's a strong variety called "mad dog skullcap" and "desert skullcap". I can't find any vendors carrying those varieties.
Dwarf Scullcap (Scutellaria Nana) is being used in Spice.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-boy View Post
Dwarf Scullcap (Scutellaria Nana) is being used in Spice.
So they might tell you on the listed ingredients, but i would not take it as a fact.
While ive seen labs test to see what cannabinoids these blends contained, ive not seen reports on the make up of the base leaf.
They often list several plants as being in the blend, but those listed are usually mildly psychoactive and i believe that initially these names were added to give the effects some credibility, before the cannabinoids were found.
I dont see any reason to believe that any or all of the listed ingredients are used.
Old 11-05-2012, 18:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
V3TR is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

hey low boy you mentioned marsh mallow in your list so now im interested does it have any noticeable effects or do you have any info on it having noticeable effects?
Old 01-06-2012, 19:39
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
rainey is an unknown quantity at this point

I smoke borneo red vein in joints daily

Half and half with tobbacco and it produces a stone similar to african compressed grass.
Old 01-06-2012, 20:00

34 y/o Male from Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3TR View Post
hey low boy you mentioned marsh mallow in your list so now im interested does it have any noticeable effects or do you have any info on it having noticeable effects?
Non at all, it's just for the sake of aroma, I smells so good

I just made a smoke out of the listet herbs.
All powder except Mullein, which is known to cleans lungs, Mullein is so good to your lungs when you inhale it.

I mixed the powder in the mullein and made an joint, feels like my arms are weightless as my fingers are dancing around on the keyboard
Old 01-06-2012, 20:52

Male from United States
Pine93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Has anyone tried california poppy? It seems like it might be pretty good. In my experience passionflower by itself (Homegrown or wild, not commercial grade) makes for a decent smoke- interesting flavor, smooth smoke, slight "head change". It's also good for tea but that's besides the point. Blue lotus extract might be worth a shot too.
Old 13-06-2013, 04:28

Male from Canada
coolesrat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

I made an extract of California poppies with out much effect smoked, I never made a tea with it but. Really I don't think it does much well atleast for me.
Old 18-06-2013, 16:48

Male from USA - Utah
joem597 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

I have always been fascinated by the idea of making a blend of herbs and extracts that was a nice stone but never had the patience or funds to blow lol. This is why i originally tried spice, thought it was natural. If anyone has a good blend they have figured out works like MJ let me know. I realize this is probably not very possible with commercial grade herbs but you never know. I personally find it hard to believe that MJ is the only herb that gives you a nice stoning buzz. there is a whole world of shit out there and if there isnt one herb there must be a combo or one you can do an solvent extract process to get good effects.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
dty07 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

I am looking for my own smoke blend, though absolutely not looking for a marijuana-like mix. If I want pot, I'll smoke pot.

I'm looking for something to smoke and relax. I've more or less given up drinking and tobacco, so I'm beginning my search for something light to smoke on and feel lightly buzzed, not glued to my seat but also not terribly anxious to leave it. I have occasional insomnia and while pot can help, sometimes it only makes it worse (short of smoking a LOT). So, I'd like to find something else for a relaxing buzz. Not looking for euphoria as much as contentedness and relaxation.

So far, my list is small, but I'm not interested in having a blend of 10 things because of the possible interactions between them, especially with the lack of available data and research on many of the botanicals I've seen listed here.

I have bought (so far):
-Passion Flower (Passiflora Incarnata) - 1 ounce
-Bay Bean (Canavalia rosea) - 1 ounce
-Marihuanilla (Leonurus Sibiricus) - 1 ounce

I have done my research on these plants and read quite a bit, and they all seem like possibly what I am looking for: smooth smoke, pleasant taste, mildly relaxing effects (passion flower being a potentiator of other botanicals may increase these effects, possible very mild MAOIs present). Bay bean and Marihuanilla have been considered (and rejected) as possible marijuana substitutes but the effects they do produce may be exactly what I am looking for. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2014, 15:14
Potter Potter is nu online

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,492, Level: 19 Points: 18,492, Level: 19 Points: 18,492, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Order up a little of everything you can get your hands on and try them.

The stuff listed in this thread is by and large going to be inactive, unless it's of exceptional quality. There is really no need to worry about interactions.

seriously though, there's tons of threads on this subject, you could spend an afternoon reading them and get a lot more opinions then waiting two weeks to see what responses you get here.
Old 18-03-2014, 03:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
dty07 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

I did take a look, but this thread seemed to have more information and more plants.

I ordered the Bay Bean, Marijuanilla and Passion Flower from a reputable vendor. I've smoked this blend a few times now and have to say that it is really a relaxing smoke. I wouldn't call it a "high" because I never feel impaired, but I do feel very relaxed - exactly what I was looking for. All of them have mild effects on their own, Bay Bean being the mildest, but together they form a nice smoke. Just thought I'd pass the info along, in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Share this on:

Tags
entheogen, smoke blend, smoking catnip