Notices

Kava-Kava Piper methysticum

Old 29-04-2012, 04:52

49 y/o Male from Earth
onthewater is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Kava-Kava or Kratom

Hi, here is Canada we're not allowed to have alcohol on boats EVEN FOR PASSENGERS, Kava-Kava or Kratom have been suggested (tired of pot).

Which is the better trip? Is one more "social" then the other?

There will be a 100% sober driver in the boat.
Old 30-04-2012, 22:22
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Kava-Kava or Kratom

Kava is pretty close to alcohol, although it's still a different experience.
Kratom is very opiate like.

So if you are looking for an alcohol substitute, then you should look into kava. My friend just can't stand the taste and he doesn't really like the numbing of the mouth.
Old 04-05-2012, 22:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Teknicality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

If you're looking for more of a trip. I would also recommend kava because kratom is a full on opiate stone. If you want to be taking it around other people I would also have to choose kava over kratom because some people thumb their noses at opiates. Also as far as anti-axitey goes kava is pretty great. Take too much and the same thing happens as with kratom I suppose.

aka getting stoned
Old 08-05-2012, 18:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

As a former kratom addict, I rec. Kratom. It's much more euphoric and enjoyable to me.

That said, kava is very alcohol like in nature, just with bad taste (I think booze taste delish most of the time). It can prehaps be more 'fun' for a group, but in terms of feeling good, kratom wins.
Old 09-05-2012, 20:15
Titanium Member

Female from United States
Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

My vote goes to kava due to its social nature and that it has a traditional use of being used at gatherings, parties, etc. For me, it's a good substitute for alcohol but unlike alcohol, it doesn't cause people to act stupid and make jackasses of themselves. Never tried kratom and due to its potential for addiction and my potential to vomit everywhere from the horrible taste and possible stomach upset, I'm not planning on trying so I guess I'm a little biased.
Old 24-05-2012, 02:09
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Mr Gregoire is an unknown quantity at this point

use both at the same time! they are both extremely social drugs, to me anyways. don't crash though.
Old 08-07-2012, 13:27
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Shaldares is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I agree with the above poster. My cats have been using both together for quite some time now, and have been pleased. Just take down the doses from both a little bit, or you may wind up vomiting a bit, like one of my cats did the first day before the scale came in the mail =) . If you have never tried either before, and are looking to mix them, they would suggest consuming the kratom first, and take between 2 and 3 grams, then make a kava drink containing between 1 and 1.5 tablespoons of kava, then wait for about half an hour to an hour to evaluate the effects and how your stomach feels before taking more.

Note: For the herbs they were evaluating, 1/2 teaspoon of kratom was approximately 1.5 grams, assuming their memories are better than mine is. Different grinds, vendors, types, and consistencies may vary in weight, however.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice on timing and preparation

Last edited by Shaldares; 08-07-2012 at 14:28. Reason: Adding more detailed dosage info
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

both taken together are what seems to really add a nice fx.
Old 03-10-2012, 16:11
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
profesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknicality View Post
kratom is a full on opiate stone.
I respectfully disagree. Maeng Da grade or even regular Thai, when less than 5 grams ingested, is stimulating. Not like a synthetic stim, but enough to erase any tiredness. I don't use "enhanced" leaf because of greater likelihood of addiction.
I use such low doses several times a week because unlike with caffeine, it doesn't create problems going to sleep at night.
I have not tried kava yet, since kratom does what I want.
Old 19-07-2013, 01:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
Happy Camper is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I'll do my best to respond. I'm by no means a kava expert, but have ingested enough of it to be familiar. Kava is both relaxing and numbing. More like a Benzo than an opiate for sure. I like it. But I prefer kratom (of which I've been hopelessly addicted for over 2 years LOL!) It is much more opiate like and gives me more of a sense of well-being, even with my tolerance. I really don't like the comparisons to Hydro that much because it is more uplifting than it is narco. Hydo is definitely better for severe pain (I'm talking plain leaf, NOT extract). They are different like kratom & kava are different. I honestly prefer top-shelf kratom (TMD or TOP-grade Bali (triple-sifted), or RVT to even Hydro, let alone kava. IMO neither kava nor kratom are really recreational drugs, just good WELL-BEING substances. Not to mention, cheap, all-natural, and no RX required!
Old 19-07-2013, 02:14
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
They are different like kratom & kava are different. I honestly prefer top-shelf kratom (TMD or TOP-grade Bali (triple-sifted), or RVT to even Hydro, let alone kava. IMO neither kava nor kratom are really recreational drugs, just good WELL-BEING substances. Not to mention, cheap, all-natural, and no RX required!
I understand that this is an old thread but i should make a few points.
Yes, i agree that kratom and kava are very different.
Kratom is an opiod receptor agonist and when abused can be just as addictive as certain opiate medications. It is certainly recreational, dose dependent.
When using it in low doses with a few days off in between doses it has a lot to offer people for pain and energy/sedation (depending on strain)

All natural does not = safe.
Opium, datura, mushrooms etc are all natural, and all have varying levels of safety from very safe to extremely dangerous.

Kratoms legality depends entirely on where you live.
It is illegal in several European country's as well as Indonesian and more recently it has become illegal in Indiana in the US and it is looking like more states will follow suit soon.

Terms like 'triple sifted' dont really mean anything. Its just a marketing term like those given to other drugs, for example 'double dipped' with LSD.
Sieving kratom only ensures it is of a certain grade of size. It is not any form of quality control or an indication of potency. Finly powdered kratom usually means it has stems and veins removed, which to be honest is something all good vendors practice as they (S&V) only contain about a third of the alkaloid content of the rest of the leaf.
Sifting it 3 times seems pretty pointless, other than to do it for the sake of saying they did it.

Top-Grade is equally ambiguous.
Unless a vendor can offer a lab report showing actual alkaloid content of that specific batch compared to the other batches then it just sounds like a nice way to flog off a batch of kratom that may or may not be any better that other batches.

Good points made, especially vendor market schemes

Last edited by ianzombie; 08-12-2013 at 19:54.
Old 08-12-2013, 19:49

Male from United States
donkeyhung needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

I would disagree when u say kratom is an opiod...Not at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
I understand that this is an old thread but i should make a few points.
Yes, i agree that kratom and kava are very different.
Kratom is an opiod and when abused can be just as addictive as certain opiate medications. It is certainly recreational, dose dependent.
When using it in low doses with a few days off in between doses it has a lot to offer people for pain and energy/sedation (depending on strain)

All natural does not = safe.
Opium, datura, mushrooms etc are all natural, and all have varying levels of safety from very safe to extremely dangerous.

Kratoms legality depends entirely on where you live.
It is illegal in several European country's as well as Indonesian and more recently it has become illegal in Indiana in the US and it is looking like more states will follow suit soon.

Terms like 'triple sifted' dont really mean anything. Its just a marketing term like those given to other drugs, for example 'double dipped' with LSD.
Sieving kratom only ensures it is of a certain grade of size. It is not any form of quality control or an indication of potency. Finly powdered kratom usually means it has stems and veins removed, which to be honest is something all good vendors practice as they (S&V) only contain about a third of the alkaloid content of the rest of the leaf.
Sifting it 3 times seems pretty pointless, other than to do it for the sake of saying they did it.

Top-Grade is equally ambiguous.
Unless a vendor can offer a lab report showing actual alkaloid content of that specific batch compared to the other batches then it just sounds like a nice way to flog off a batch of kratom that may or may not be any better that other batches.

Please do not quote long posts especially when directly replying. Either quote a relevant section or simply address your post to the person you are replying to. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 19:53
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhung View Post
I would disagree when u say kratom is an opiod...Not at all
Kratom is an opioid receptor agonist.
Ive edited to suit.

Share this on:

Tags
kava-kava, kratom