Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-04-2012, 19:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Male from United States
steelydan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
generic mixed amphetamine salts vs. name brand adderall

M. Stands for mixed not meth. Adderall is basically a 50 percent mixture of d amphetamine. The other half is the tweaky amphet crud. Right now I'm using up a script of the generic xr 30s. A few days ago I pulled in a decent buzz. Just took one for today. I've noticed the generic isn't as tip top as shire's name brand. Occasional headaches. Has anyone ever been crazy enough to chew the beads? That works once or twice than its neglichable. I dropped on in a petret dish and let it disolve over the course of 24 hours and drank the solute. It was slightly different. Nasty headache though. Post ideas to break the time release or interactions that make it hit harder?

Post Quality Evaluations:
write words out properly. This title is confusing for no good reason
Old 24-04-2012, 21:05
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Re: generic m. amphet salts vs name brand addy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydan View Post
M. Stands for mixed not meth.
Yup. I don't think anyone was confused about this...

Quote:
Adderall is basically a 50 percent mixture of d amphetamine. The other half is the tweaky amphet crud.
In fact, Adderall is a formulation of amphetamine salts, of which 75% are salts of the dextrorotatory enantiomer of amphetamine. Specifically, Adderall is a combination of 4 amphtamine salts:
  1. dextroamphetamine saccharate
  2. dextroamphetamine sulfate
  3. racemic amphetamine aspartate monohydrate
  4. racemic amphetamine sulfate

The racemic amphetamine salts contain half dextrorotatory enantiomers and half levorotatory enantiomers.

None of the ingrediants listed for Adderall are "tweaky amphet crud".

Quote:
Right now I'm using up a script of the generic xr 30s. A few days ago I pulled in a decent buzz. Just took one for today. I've noticed the generic isn't as tip top as shire's name brand.
Interesting. Are you aware that Shire's formulation is the only FDA-approved version of Adderall XR, and indeed both brand name Adderall XR from Shire and generic Adderall XR are this exact same formulation, manufactured by Shire, some of it is branded and distributed by Shire, while some of it is supplied to Teva where it is rebranded and then distributed? This is the result of a settlement of a lawsuit (or probably several) between the two pharmaceutical companies.

Quote:
Has anyone ever been crazy enough to chew the beads? That works once or twice than its neglichable.
Why would this stop working?? Not that it seems like a particularly productive method of breaking through the microtrol coating.

Quote:
I dropped on in a petret dish and let it disolve over the course of 24 hours and drank the solute. It was slightly different. Nasty headache though.
What was the solvent?? The typical, agar- and other nutrient-containing liquid? You may have a headache due to some pathogen...

Quote:
Post ideas to break the time release or interactions that make it hit harder?
Shire seems to indicate that leaving the contents in water (presumably for at least 4 hours) will do the trick--this is in a document promoting their latest flagship ADHD medication, lisdexamfetamine, or Vyvanse. Shire notes that another method involves crushing the microtrol beads, which seems to have been much more common knowledge already. Pill crushers are sold at local pharmacies, people have detailed techniques for crushing the pills using more common household items many times already, please use the search engine.

great job taking the time to spell things out to the OP.
Excellent post. Covered all points very well.
Old 29-04-2012, 12:17

Wow! Wasn't sure who my target audience was? Ha well you are probably right about the mixture of salts in adderall and yes generic must reach a bar minimum of purety but its not necessarially shire! The copyright for adderall is expired. Drug companies can have the drug to sell for a few years until other "competition" can join in, making a generic "like name brand" adderall. They can't duplicate vyvanse just yet, formula is temperarally owned by shire. The solute is different than a solution. A solution is a homogeneous mixture and though thought of as a liquid, it can take form of gas and solid. A homogeneous is like mixing sugar in water. That's cuz the compounds are uniform, unverying from one region to another. Yes but no sir I'm talkin' solute homie check it I called it solute to leave the matter open for chit chat. In this case my solute was yes distilled water, and the word solute indicates there's a solvent to be added and disolve into (yup you guessed it adderall is the solvent this time) ... So your idea is flawed because there were obviously visible boundries(you could tell it didn't "all the way disolve") if u get ur info online, f that cus its all base base basic reference for daily life fun facts that actually fork at your actual brain dude. I have no idea about the creation of generics exept you can take 1000 million and a half different reactents to get the same finally product. But cheaper brands get cheaper more competative stuff. No1 knows chemicals, certaintly not the illuminated fda you referenced. The are business suites and they use leaky shitty bic pins like everyone else. The chemist tells the fda what it is. They're job is like a gym teacher stopping bullying and good hollywood scares. If anything state funded organizations network to decrease freedom by enforcing technical jargon in court. The make a ton of money destroying the idea of medicine by tampering with the courts to help circulate where the money goes to mostly manipulate the market. If everyone with cancer gets medicade and treatement doesn't last long cus they die, the fda adds that up! Its expensive yet controlled by fda, new cheap drug comes along, the fda is going to get around that. Its business. The truth is, that with a good voicebox and heary, the fda likes you! Cus they can use you. If the don't like societies reaction, the jump

Paragraphs, less jargon, and a Google search before you post would make this more readable.
rude, unreadable, filled with fiction. You need to listen more to what's being told.
Old 29-04-2012, 14:51
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I hate to be blatant but you're incorrect, the brand name adderall XR and generic XR are made with the exact same formulation. 7 seconds on google for an answer.

Generic forms

Both Adderall IR and Adderall XR are available in generic forms. The generic version of Adderall IR is available as generic drugs but the generic version of Adderall XR is only available as Authorized Generics. Authorized generics are still manufactured by the brand name manufacturer but marketed and sold by a different company. Authorized generics are exactly the same as the brand name product both in active and inactive ingredients—they go through exactly the same brand manufacturing line, yet different labels are put on at the end of the manufacturing process.

Any difference you think you are experiencing is placebo.
Old 29-04-2012, 15:32

Yeah dude you don't know. Like I totally get what your saying generic is the same as name brand but are made at different locations, slightly different elevation/weight different precursers, no substance is completelly pure. Were talking maybe 90% yield per occupeny
Old 29-04-2012, 18:25
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Quote:
Ha well you are probably right about the mixture of salts in adderall
I am, unless big pharma and the FDA has been lying to everyone! conspiracy theorists: GO!

Quote:
and yes generic must reach a bar minimum of purety but its not necessarially shire!
That's not at all what I'm talking about here in the case of Adderall XR.

Quote:
The copyright for adderall is expired.
You mean patent. Shire's parent on Adderall XR is expected to expire in 2018.

Quote:
The solute is different than a solution. .... Yes but no sir I'm talkin' solute homie check it I called it solute to leave the matter open for chit chat. In this case my solute was yes distilled water, and the word solute indicates there's a solvent to be added and disolve into (yup you guessed it adderall is the solvent this time)
Despite the basic chemistry lesson, you've mixed these terms up; distilled water would be the solvent, and Adderall XR would be the solute (granted, the microtrol coating is supposed to take a long time to dissolve...). Regardless, my question was based on the fact that you used a petri dish, rather than, say, a glass of water. Petri dishes typically come with a nutrient-rich solution where a culture of bacteria can thrive.

Quote:
... So your idea is flawed because there were obviously visible boundries(you could tell it didn't "all the way disolve") if u get ur info online, f that cus its all base base basic reference for daily life fun facts that actually fork at your actual brain dude.
I'm not sure what you're saying, it's entirely possible you'll still see a lot of the undissolved microtrol material?

Quote:
I have no idea about the creation of generics exept you can take 1000 million and a half different reactents to get the same finally product. But cheaper brands get cheaper more competative stuff. No1 knows chemicals, certaintly not the illuminated fda you referenced. The are business suites and they use leaky shitty bic pins like everyone else. The chemist tells the fda what it is. They're job is like a gym teacher stopping bullying and good hollywood scares. If anything state funded organizations network to decrease freedom by enforcing technical jargon in court. The make a ton of money destroying the idea of medicine by tampering with the courts to help circulate where the money goes to mostly manipulate the market. If everyone with cancer gets medicade and treatement doesn't last long cus they die, the fda adds that up! Its expensive yet controlled by fda, new cheap drug comes along, the fda is going to get around that. Its business. The truth is, that with a good voicebox and heary, the fda likes you! Cus they can use you. If the don't like societies reaction, the jump
Lol. Take a look at the Abbreviated New Drug Application for generic formulations; in fact, perhaps read up on the FDA in general to know what they actually do, if you still think they rake in money from medicaid, read up on medicaid, etc...

Quote:
Yeah dude you don't know. Like I totally get what your saying generic is the same as name brand but are made at different locations, slightly different elevation/weight different precursers, no substance is completelly pure. Were talking maybe 90% yield per occupeny
That's not at all what he's saying! We're talking about Adderall XR, specifically: it is made in one place by one pharmaceutical company (And honestly, you don't think pharmaceutical companies can control for those variables??).
Old 30-04-2012, 08:00
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Just as staples said, the 'generic' and the brand name are made in the same place, same formulation, and by the same people. The only difference is that shire sells some to other drug companies for them to distribute. They aren't allowed to manufacture their own adderall xr.

Again, if you notice a difference, it's all in your head. I used to get a rush when i would snort vyvanse because i didn't know any better heh.
Old 23-08-2013, 14:31

Male from Earth
tomotd11562 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

I find that the brand name is the best.. I don't know why but what I find to be the best adderall is the extended release adderall that says Adderall XR on the capsule. It is the best.

tomotd11562 added 659 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

After doing some research I have only run across a couple set of differences between generic xr and brand name. I noticed that there are some diffrennces in the inactive ingredients between the two extended release formulations. I hypothesize that some of these inactive ingredients have some sort of effect on drug absorption and membrane diffusion. It's also possible that some of these inactive ingredients may have an effect on how an acid enviorment effects amphetamine susceptibility to degradation. These ingredients may also effect the ph dependent drug absorption. It's know that a higher ph ( more alkaline) increases absorption of amphetamines.

The inactive ingredient list also contains the binders used. It may be that the brand name adderall uses more effective and protecting binders. The Amphetamine in the pill is binded to a another chemical know as a binder. The difference in the binder has great potential to influce how to drug is absorbed. I theorize that how mu how of the drug actually diffuses the membrane is based on how effective the binders are. I believe that the amphetamines are binded to a water soluble inactive ingredient which. The binders may increase drug solubility.

In conclusion,brand name adderall produces a more pronounced stimulation of the Cns then generic m. Amphet salts. This is most likely because of superior fillers and binders used in brand name adderall. These binders and fillers are more effeciant at protecting the drug from stomach acids, increase drug solubility and increase the drugs ability to diffuse through the membrane. This all means that the brand name adderall has a higher bioavailability and a more effeciant transport into blood stream. This difference in bioaviablity is the reason why different brands of the same drug produce a different effect (ex: 20mg of brand name drug producing the same effect as 30mg of the same drug in a generic formulation.

Amphetamine is amphetamine. 10mg of amphetamine produces the same results as 10mg of amphetamine. Now when we have one pill a with 10mg amphetamine. Once indgested 9mg of amphetamines enter the blood stream. We have another pill (b)with 10mg amphetamine and different binder that are less effeciant in promoting drug absorption then the superior binders used in the other pill a. When pill b is ingested only 5mg of amphetamines enter the blood stream. 9 mg of amphetamines will produce a more pronounced effect then 5mg of amphetamines.

2 pills with the same amount of amphetamine but different fillers and binders producing amphetamine effects at 2 different intensities despite identical dosage.

That is how diffrent brand of pills made with diffrent inactive ingredients can produce different effects despite containing the same amount of active ingredient .

Last edited by tomotd11562; 23-08-2013 at 14:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
adderall