Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Other drug addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Other drug addiction Support for coping with recovery & addiction on other drugs.

Old 23-04-2012, 17:01

Male from United Kingdom
heeryee is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
NTR Neurotransmitter Restoration Therapy

Hi, I am interested in NTR Therapy (Neurotransmitter Restoration Therapy). I live in Poole, Dorset, England.

Does anyone know of any private doctors or medical centres that are good in England for acid or psychadelic recovery ?

Also, does anyone know of any similar recovery programs similar to this ?
Old 23-04-2012, 23:08
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from Portugal
YIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9
Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2%
Re: NTR Neurotransmitter Restoration Therapy

Hello heeryee - Welcome to DF!

Well, what a journey...
but it ain`t over yet! Here is what I found:

Chapter 01, Initial search, 1st "impression":

Quote:
Dr. William Hitt is the researcher and developer of the Neurotransmitter Restoration (NTR) System, which is an all natural treatment, administered intravenously by a licensed, registered nurse under a doctor’s supervision over a 10-day period.

The NTR protocol includes amino acids, vitamins and certain cofactors that facilitate cellular metabolism and neurotransmitter synthesis.
At the end of treatment, the patient is no longer physically addicted to any substances and physical cravings are either absent or greatly reduced.
Apart from cancer, Dr. Hitt uses alternative medicine to treat everything from HIV and AIDS to allergies, vertigo, and shingles. Healing methods employed include the use of ozone therapy, vitamin drips, and autohemotherapy.
Sources: several companies, that on their website(s), offer this treatment. Naming them, would be equal to advertisment. Also, they can be found quite easily, if wanted.

Sounds great, doesnt it? Too good to be true? Well, searching for this term, led to - almost always - comercial websites for this (or other) miracle(?) treatment(s). I have no scientific fundament to critisize/doubt it, but the way it is presented, raises my eyebrows - something doesn`t smell right, does it?

Chapter 02, Additional search, 2nd "impression":

Further researches led to "(Intravenous) Amino Acid Therapy", which is basically another (descriptive) name for NTR. I tried to find reputable researches and studies for both terms, but unsuccess crossed my path consecutively.
I almost gave up looking for it, when I discovered a document from a Health Policy about "Targeted Amino Acid Therapy", whose somewhat critic undertone underlines previous suspicion:

Quote:
Description: Developers of a treatment known as Targeted Amino Acid Therapy (TAAT) claim that it is a method whereby levels of neurotransmitters may be optimized. Their theory is that amino acid imbalances in the body cause neurotransmitters in the brain to malfunction thus resulting in a myriad of symptoms manifested in numerous medical and behavioral disorders. Diagnosis of neurotransmitter dysfunction is accomplished by measurement of amino acid levels in the body.

Procedures consist primarily of a variety of lab tests including plasma and platelet levels, 24-hour urine samples, timed urine samples, and saliva. Companies such as - edited out - send the samples to a private laboratory with which they are affiliated. Results of the lab tests dictate which formulations of amino acid compounds are prescribed to correct discovered imbalances. Proponents of the program claim that by correcting these levels, the functioning of numerous neurotransmitters may improve. This then causes the symptoms of many disorders to decrease or even disappear completely.

Conditions and symptoms purported to improve with TAAT include, but are not limited to the following:
• Mood Disorders
• Fatigue
• Sleep Problems
• Problems Concentrating
• Headaches
• Over-eating
• Compulsive Behaviors
• Chronic Pain
• Anxiety

The developers and providers of TAAT claim that people who have depressive disorders may reduce or discontinue antidepressant pharmacotherapy. Patients who are diagnosed with other DSM-IV disorders are also informed that elimination of psychotropic medications is a possibility with TAAT.

Policy: Targeted Amino Acid Therapy is considered INVESTIGATIVE for treatment of all DSM-IV diagnoses and symptoms. This includes, but is not limited to symptoms of anxiety, depression, substance-related conditions, mood-cycling, psychotic disorders, dementia, autistic disorders, disorders of attention, and fatigue.
Source: TARGETED AMINO ACID THERAPY FOR MENTAL AND SUBSTANCE-RELATED DISORDERS; Medical and Behavioral Health Policy Manual

Chapter 03, some more searches, its getting late, I feel a bit tired by now...

I found two additional documents - the one that is quoted bellow - and another one, I unfortunally can not find, although I am positive, that I saved it correctly - this 2nd one, really seemed promising.

Quote:
Taken together, these results imply that TAAT impacted serotonin and GABA levels directly, and indirectly impacted epinephrine and PEA levels. In turn,reductions in PEA levels may have played a pivotal role in the reduction of some problem behaviors. Although more research is needed, especially studies that control for placebo effects, this initial study suggests that TAAT is a promising avenue of research and development.
Source: An Experimental Evaluation of Targeted Amino Acid Therapy with At-Risk Children; Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine - see attachment

This last entry shows some evidence, comparing to previous claims, with little or none fundamentation behind it.

So, what do You think about this? Additional input is very appreciated!

to be continued...

Last edited by YIPMAN; 23-04-2012 at 23:50. Reason: attached study

Share this on:

» New Threads
Lets say it takes an hour for tea...
Last post by BellTower72
22 Replies, 533 Views
how much weight have you lost...
Last post by engineering8258
16 Replies, 1,511 Views
Choice between oxycodone and...
Last post by oshngrl