Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 21-04-2012, 08:38

Female from United States
emx19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
180mg of Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) & still not feeling anything??

My turtle is perscribed 60mg of Vyvanse, but sometimes she likes to save up the extras from her "med vacation" and take more then she is perscribed. She took her normal perscribed dose of 60mg 6 days ago & decied today to take 3 of her 60mg pills for a total dose of 180mg. She has told me she doesnt feel much except a bit of the jitters here & there along with increased heart rate. This is not how her amp highs normally feel and shes concerned that she has built up too much of a tolerance. She is only 5'2" 144 pounds, after almost a weeks break shouldnt she be getting more out of her meds?

Has anybody else experinced what my turtle is going through? Have amps lost there magic for her? Any other turtles have any suggestions to help her find the joy in her vyvanse highs again?
Much appreciated
Old 21-04-2012, 09:57
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 180mg of Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) & still not feeling anything??

Quote:
Originally Posted by emx19 View Post
My turtle is perscribed 60mg of Vyvanse, but sometimes she likes to save up the extras from her "med vacation" and take more then she is perscribed. She took her normal perscribed dose of 60mg 6 days ago & decied today to take 3 of her 60mg pills for a total dose of 180mg. She has told me she doesnt feel much except a bit of the jitters here & there along with increased heart rate. This is not how her amp highs normally feel and shes concerned that she has built up too much of a tolerance. She is only 5'2" 144 pounds, after almost a weeks break shouldnt she be getting more out of her meds?

Has anybody else experinced what my turtle is going through? Have amps lost there magic for her? Any other turtles have any suggestions to help her find the joy in her vyvanse highs again?
Much appreciated
Well medicines work different for everybody but one thing i would like to point out is YOU CAN ONLY TAKE VYVANSE ORALLY, it has to go into the stomach to be "activated". also i found that when i would take a "med vacation longer than 5 days, the vyvanse wouldn't affect me until i took it for about a week or two. alot of ADHD medication websites discourage medicine vacations for this reason and other reasons. though this could not be the issue with your friend. my advice is to switch to a different ADHD medication if possible. my 3 main suggestions for "amp high" (based off personal use) would be "Adderall" "Focalin" and "Ritalin"
Old 21-04-2012, 10:16

Thats quite intresting, perhaps I should give some more information on her. My turtle is well aware that she has to swallow the vyvanse & didnt have any vitiman C before taking her 180mg dose roughly 4 hrs ago. She isnt a stranger to ADD meds, haveing been "perscribed" them for years now (on and off) She also has a script for Ritalin 10mg (to help while the vyvanse kicks in as well as a "boost" if needed later in the day.) which she never takes a "med vacation" from even though her doctor advises taking one whenever possiable, this recent 6 day vacation was while on spring break.

Did ur need to have been taking Vyvanse for a week or two in order for it to work come on suddenly, or has that the way it always worked for you? I never heard of a stimulant having to be taken over a period of time to work.
She has been told ritalin shouldnt produce a cross tolerance with her Vyvanse, but maybe this could have been the case?
Old 21-04-2012, 10:37
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Thats quite intresting, perhaps I should give some more information on her. My turtle is well aware that she has to swallow the vyvanse & didnt have any vitiman C before taking her 180mg dose roughly 4 hrs ago. She isnt a stranger to ADD meds, haveing been "perscribed" them for years now (on and off) She also has a script for Ritalin 10mg (to help while the vyvanse kicks in as well as a "boost" if needed later in the day.) which she never takes a "med vacation" from even though her doctor advises taking one whenever possiable, this recent 6 day vacation was while on spring break.

Did ur need to have been taking Vyvanse for a week or two in order for it to work come on suddenly, or has that the way it always worked for you? I never heard of a stimulant having to be taken over a period of time to work.
She has been told ritalin shouldnt produce a cross tolerance with her Vyvanse, but maybe this could have been the case?
the vyvanse has always worked that way for me, and yes it could very well create a cross tolerance. i would suggest for recreational use just snort the ritalin 10mg and save the vyvanse for a rainy day
Old 21-04-2012, 10:42

My turtle thanks you for the suggestion, but she doesnt like abusing her ritalin, for the fact she cant function the day without it, & will continue her search to get the magic from her Vyvanse back
Old 21-04-2012, 11:01
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
My turtle thanks you for the suggestion, but she doesnt like abusing her ritalin, for the fact she cant function the day without it, & will continue her search to get the magic from her Vyvanse back
well if it were me i would take the ritalin to function throughout the day and then don't take a vyvanse vacation. but you could do some trial & error and figure out what will work best.
hope i helped and have a nice day.
Old 24-04-2012, 16:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
Rudyak is learning how to become a psychonaut.

I was on Vyvance for ADHD -- didn't know about "stims" at all . Vyvance was great for a week , it was a "blessing" ... and after a week it immedetly stopped working. The dosage was upped to 70mg and still it was like a placebo pill. My friend took 300mg's of the stuff and said it was non effective and he looked normal to me , and I guess 300mg is a huge dose.

I was told that Shire is pushing this due to patent loss. I was switched to Adderall XR and it's been much more effective.

Post Quality Evaluations:
do not cross-post/ double post
Old 02-05-2012, 23:34
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyak View Post
I was on Vyvance for ADHD -- didn't know about "stims" at all . Vyvance was great for a week , it was a "blessing" ... and after a week it immedetly stopped working. The dosage was upped to 70mg and still it was like a placebo pill. My friend took 300mg's of the stuff and said it was non effective and he looked normal to me , and I guess 300mg is a huge dose.

I was told that Shire is pushing this due to patent loss. I was switched to Adderall XR and it's been much more effective.
i saw you post this in a different thread. read the rules. do not post the same post in different threads.

Share this on:

Tags
lisdexamfetamine, lisdexamphetamine information, vyvanse, vyvanse experience, vyvanse dosage