Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-04-2012, 03:29

Male from United States
Bryan770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Is this a good way to get an oxy perscription?

Hey guys this is my first post so be nice please! So AFOAF has scoliosis. He is having a lot of trouble sleeping at night because of back pain. He went to the back doctor about 2 years ago and they said there's really nothing they can do to fix the curve because it's in a weird spot. About a month ago he got his wisdom teeth out and was given an oxycodone perscription. He took it every day after school and after dinner and loved it. He also slept like a baby until his prescription ran out and the back pain started again. If he goes back to the back doctor (ha) and tells his doctor that his back really hurts by the end of the day even when he doesn't do anything physical and it is keeping him awake at night do you guys think that he will get a prescription for Oxycodone or any other oxy? Also should my AFOAF tell his doctor that when he took oxycodone he slept like a baby or is that too obvious?
Old 17-04-2012, 04:02
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from Canada
Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2
Re: Is this a good way to get an oxy perscription?

A good way to get an oxycodone prescription is to need one. Be honest with your doctor, don't exaggerate, don't make excuses. If your doctor isn't helping you, find a new one. Ask questions and be proactive. There are a lot of ways to relieve pain and it's a good idea to try those before asking for or even thinking about opiates.
Massage therapy, trips to the chiropractor, acupuncture, stretches/light exercise, etc...

In my experience doctors do not have much sympathy for people who aren't interested in their own health. Just asking for pain medication won't get you very far.

Take care
Old 17-04-2012, 04:14

Male from United States

Sorry I thought I had to talk in third person but as I started typing I realized how that's not necessary for this topic. I've tried Tylonal PM and Advil PM (not at the same time obviously) and they didn't work. My back doctor said that because it's a weird curve that there's not much that he could do to help fix it. He sent me to physical therapy saying that it most likely won't help, it didn't.
Old 17-04-2012, 04:59
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from USA - California
VagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way up
Points: 523, Level: 3 Points: 523, Level: 3 Points: 523, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I know with my own doctor, the way I ended up on serious pain meds was simple honesty, choosing what I said, how I said it, and *when* I said it. For me, it was migraines (and still is). I told my doctor they kept me up at nights, really affected my day to day functioning, made it so I was pretty much stuck home bound with a lot of pain, and that I tried every NSAID under the sun in large amounts and they didn't work, and I was afraid of organ damage. Was there *anything* else I could do? I also told him I was wondering if I should try alternative treatment (acupuncture) and that I tried diet modification but that didn't work much.

Point being, I covered a lot of the areas I knew he'd ask about outright. Then he told me he could write me a scrip for Vicodin. I asked him about it so I'd seem like a drug naive newbie. I slowly progressed up the hydrocodone chain until I said I was afraid of causing liver damage from all the APAP, plus other NSAIDS I had to supplement the Hydro with. So bam, hydromorphone. I didn't lie with any of this, but I also didn't jump the gun and raise any red flags by eagerly suggesting a certain opiate, and I pretty much supplied fertile ground for an opiate scrip. I'd imagine one could do the same with their chronic back pain, and just tailor their plea to that as I did for migraines, etc. They just shouldn't outright ask for it by name, and be very careful about appearing too knowledgeable. If the doctor mentions opiates, you can also supplement that with being worried about addiction, but you *are* open to the treatment option if they think that'll work, etc etc.

Doctors are extremely vulnerable targets for the feds these days regarding opiate scrips, so they're even more wary than they were in the past, so prudence is extremely essential. And letting him/her know you're trying everything you can to get yourself as healthy as possible already, so they know you're actually worried about your overall health and don't just want a pill to lala land.
Old 17-04-2012, 07:11
Gradient Gradient is nu online
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

While I understand that this may not be your intent - please note that Drugs Forum is not a medium by which you may obtain advice regarding methods of manipulating clinicians into providing prescriptions for opioids.

Best of luck with your treatments. As already suggested above, honesty with your clinicians is the optimal way forward.
Old 17-04-2012, 15:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.
Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi Bryan welcome to the forum.

Can I ask you a few questions please? Firstly, why oxycodone? Is there a particular reason why that is the pain killer you "want"? Is it because that is the only prescription pain killer you've had a past experience with? Or other reasons?

The reason I ask is because I also have scoliosis and chronic pain for going on 3 yrs. To me, when I first went in to talk to my Dr about my pain issues, it didnt really matter to me what the prescription was, as long as it worked. I was first put onto 30mg codeine tablets. I am now prescribed oxycodone but there is a few other things to try before any competent GP will move you up to that. You know, I think an awful lot of people underestimate oxycodone, it is a fairly potent narcotic.

Perhaps keep these things in mind and dont abuse a Dr. Its a shame a lot of good Dr's are prosecuted by the DEA for trying to help people and not discriminate against young people with pain problems, but the people who do go and take advantage of these Dr's but are just looking for a high....well I think its disgusting. Some people just dont know any better; some people do- they often do it with premeditation and with calculation and unfortunately, they do it very well. By "it" I mean manipulation.

Look, if you genuinely have a problem I'll try to help you and/or support you the best way I can, but manipulating people, Dr's included, just doesnt sit right with me.

Hope I gave you some things to think about.

SG.xxx
Old 17-04-2012, 15:24
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Agree with what everyone else has said - just tell the truth. You have back pain, you've tried some things already that didn't help - you accidently have found something that did help, and you would like to continue taking this if possible. Be open to other suggestions as well - doc might want you to try physio + oxy, or yoga + oxy..... say you'd be willing to try other non-pharmaceutical options as well. In fact, using oxy might allow you to get out and exercise more... it did for me. You could suggest a small amount - say 30 tabs - and say you'll try for 2 weeks and see how it goes. Most docs, if they prescribe narcotics (some refuse outright) are willing to give a small quantity. It really does depend on the individual doc, and how comfortable they are prescribing. Honesty is the best policy - most docs have enough experience that they can see a scammer from a mile away.
Old 17-04-2012, 19:11

Male from United States

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it look like I was trying to manipulate a doctor into prescribing something. I only say Oxycodone because I know it worked. I haven't slept well in a long time because of back pain and after I got my wisdom teeth out I took the Oxycodone before bed because it honestly made me sleep a lot better. Before that I would take Tylonal PM or Advil PM and neither of those helped my back any. I've been to a physical therapist and that didn't help either. My back doctor told me that there wasn't really anything he could do to help it because the curve is in a weird spot that a brace or exercises won't help.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Can I take Tramadol in benzo...
Last post by Capo
1 Replies, 82 Views
What was your VERY FIRST...
Last post by Scloud90
38 Replies, 4,509 Views
Please help - Need support -...
Last post by FishHead35
2 Replies, 3 Views
I tried MG seeds for the first...