Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 12-04-2012, 19:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
SwiftJustice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
Kratom, please help im scared

Yesterday I took too much Kratom and I took a nap. When I woke up I had a terrible headache, bad shakes, and stomah ache. After drinking some water i started to feel better. I got tired again and went to bed. After waking up I ate and felt better. I then went to sleep for the night. This morning i woke up and felt pretty good. Nig am at work now and I feel kinda spaced out and mildly shakey. Am I gonna be okay? Am I going to die? I have extremely bad anxieties so please be kind. I am never doing Kratom again.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:46

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Kratom, please help im scared

Don't worry, you won't die. You'll be fine, no one has ever been recorded to die from kratom use.

How much did you take?
Old 12-04-2012, 19:55
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,337, Level: 12 Points: 7,337, Level: 12 Points: 7,337, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

There to my knowledge has never been a recorded death as a result from a Kratom overdose. You can however overdose on Kratom and the symptoms you gave match Kratom overdose.

If you know for a fact that it was Kratom and nothing was added and you did not take anymore today, and you did not take anything else, then there is no reason the Kratom should be effecting you to the point you would die. Again, there has never been a reported death as a result of Kratom overdose.

Symptoms of dangerous overdose are heavy/shallow breathing, confusion, extreme fatigue/tiredness, slurring of words, and basically you can not stay awake. I did feel spacey the day after I took Kratom for the first time, but it sounds to me more like you are having an anxiety/panic attack.

I can't tell you if you are in danger, if you think that you need to see a doctor, then do it right away. It's better to be safe than sorry, but this does not sound like a deadly overdose, but I am not a doctor.

Please keep us updated, and remember to get to the hospital if you think you need to.

It would help people to know details like how much you weigh, how much Kratom you took, ect......

So, doubt you are going to die from Kratom overdose from yesterday, but only seeing a trained medical professional can tell you for sure.

Last edited by trdofbeingtrd; 12-04-2012 at 19:59. Reason: On phone
Old 12-04-2012, 20:04

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

I don't want to be responsible, but seeing a doctor for such a thing would be pointless. He said all he is experiencing is being spaced out and mildly shaky now.

That is nothing to be alarmed about. He is just experiencing a light hangover from doing kratom the day before. There is absolutely nothing wrong or out the ordinary. I've gotten nauseous from taking large amounts of kratom before (and I'm a regular user). It happens. You know how many times I thought I was going to die from marijuana? Countless times.
Old 12-04-2012, 20:11

I took about 15 capsules of king kratom from a head shop.In a span of about 10 hours. I'm 5'11' 210lbs. I do feel confused annd slightly shakey. I think my anxieties are making this 100 x s worse. Should I go home from work and relax? I'm a custodian. I just keep thinking I'm gonna die and never see my family and girlfriend again. I didn't take anything today.

SwiftJustice added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I am almost certain my anxietys are making the hangover worse.

Last edited by SwiftJustice; 12-04-2012 at 20:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-04-2012, 20:14
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
eatingleg4peanut is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 272, Level: 2 Points: 272, Level: 2 Points: 272, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Anxiety and drugs dont go well together unless its an axiety drug of course. It does seem like you are fine IMO but if your feeling like you are gonna die or it gets worse just go to the doc, if anything maybe your vitals and all will be good and it will relieve some anxiety. Try just telling yourself your fine for a bit and find something that will truely occupy your mind, work itself probably won't help unless your really busy.

Edit: If your having anxiety I wouldn't suggest "relaxing" you gotta occupy that mind (works for me at least) I would also get off this site for the night and stop researching (if you are) because your just gonna mess your head up more.
Old 12-04-2012, 20:23

35 y/o Male from United States
Caspian should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

you will be fine. Keep drinking water. Stay hydrated and have some snacks. Stay positive. The worst is behind you.
Old 12-04-2012, 20:24

Thank you guys so much. I can function fine. I'm getting my work done.
Old 12-04-2012, 21:05
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

you have a hang over. my rattie has gotten this after consuming either too much pods or kratom. just drink a lot of water and eat nourishing food and you will be fine tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2012, 21:25
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,492, Level: 19 Points: 18,492, Level: 19 Points: 18,492, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
I took about 15 capsules of king kratom from a head shop.
Woah Nelly! That is some shady shit. Look around here, there's a report that crap is identical in packaging and appearance as an "stimulant product" from a head shop. There is no way to be sure what you took was actual kratom.

If you like kratom, buy it from a proper vendor and refuse to support shady dealing tactics like this.
Old 12-04-2012, 21:29
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
Woah Nelly! That is some shady shit. Look around here, there's a report that crap is identical in packaging and appearance as an "stimulant product" from a head shop. There is no way to be sure what you took was actual kratom.

If you like kratom, buy it from a proper vendor and refuse to support shady dealing tactics like this.
Plus it costs and arm and a leg... my rat couldn't believe it when she saw TINY bags of 'kratom' for sale for $$$$$
Old 12-04-2012, 21:31
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

To Macho Man, yes, you are RIGHT, I even mentioned I HIGHLY doubted that this was something to be alarmed about in regards to a dangerous overdose, it's just covering when you let someone know if they honestly feel/think they need to get help, that they should. You even said yourself, "I don't want to be responsible". I am not being a dick, just pointing out that while some people might know that from what is said, a person should be safe, you never know what factors play into a situation and the last thing anyone wants is to tell someone they will be okay, that there is no need to see a doctor or go to the emergency room, and find out that person is no longer with us.

To the OP, here is the DF "panic attack wiki" https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...t=panic+attack

Here is a thread that is made by DF members that is about "tips and techniques for anxiety/panic" https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...ips+techniques

And there are two groups for panic/anxiety for those who know it and some who can control it https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/group.php?groupid=107 AND https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/group.php?groupid=256

The temporary ice packs are cheap and work GREAT to snap a person out of anxiety and or panic.

Kratom is a basically safe herb, it is possible to feel nauseous, get terrible headaches, get terrible shakes, and even feel VERY out of it (like dizzy). When a person takes to much, one of the most noticeable and is a "tell tell" symptom/s is nausea. Kratom has helped people for increasing appitite, increasing bowl movements, increasing sex drive, pain management, MOST opiate withdrawals, social and regular anxiety, and euphoria (not the kind where you are a false happy, but a kind where life is easier to deal with in terrible situations or surroundings), and lastly, it is a very safe (in comparison) alternative to many substances.

I can understand if you don't want to try kratom again, scary situations cause people to not want to experience them again LOL, but if you decide to, try going lower in dosage, having some food in your stomach (they say to take it on an empty stomach, but this is to feel as much effects as possible which is not always needed), make sure your anxiety is in check (the links I gave you might help you out with that), and giving yourself a positive type of thinking before taking the kratom.

Just so you know, it's not that people on the site don't want to help others out when they are afraid of a possible overdose, or that people don't have the knowledge/experience to give a correct answer. DF has intelligent people with compassion, but no one can give you an answer you want to trust your life with online, even though when many people agree, it's a good sign when they say you are okay.

Just enjoy the day, thank you for asking about this, and stay safe
If you have any questions about anything, remember there is no stupid question when it comes to safety and you can message me anytime.
Old 12-04-2012, 21:37

You guys helped me so much! Thank you )
Old 12-04-2012, 21:48

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

You learnt some valuable lessons today Swiftjustice.

Dont buy from headshops.
You dont know what you are getting. 15 caps of kratom could be any amount of kratom leaf, extract, or something entirly different.

You might as well put on a blindfold and eat whatever someone puts in your hand.

If you want to take drugs and you are an anxious person/suffer with anxiety, then you have to take things very slowly. Just because someone says X works for them, it does not mean it will work for you.
And you certainly dont go out and take an unknow amount for the first time.

Do some research, find out what kratom can do.
Find out what strain and vein type is best for the results you want.
Find a good source, one that sells only kratom.
Check out reviews of the vendor on non-related sites. Obviously you dont listen to any reports on their own site.
Buy a small amount of the type you want to try, or samples of various types.
Using a digital scale measure out a small dose and take it on an empty stomach.
Take it at a time that you have no responsibilitys. You dont want to have to work, or drive somewhere.

With kratom, just like with any other drug, you have to do your homework and be responsible. More often than not when people give out about drugs, saying they will never do them again, its because they burnt themselves.

Im glad you are feeling better. As a fellow anxiety sufferer who has had plenty of anxiety/panic attacks i know how distressing they can be.
Old 12-04-2012, 22:19

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
To Macho Man, yes, you are RIGHT, I even mentioned I HIGHLY doubted that this was something to be alarmed about in regards to a dangerous overdose, it's just covering when you let someone know if they honestly feel/think they need to get help, that they should. You even said yourself, "I don't want to be responsible". I am not being a dick, just pointing out that while some people might know that from what is said, a person should be safe, you never know what factors play into a situation and the last thing anyone wants is to tell someone they will be okay, that there is no need to see a doctor or go to the emergency room, and find out that person is no longer with us.
My bad I didn't mean to sound non compassionate.

But I looked at it like this. He took kratom, a harmless drug. Went to sleep, and woke up feeling dizzy and light headed. What possibly warrants a visit to the doctor (which can be a waste of time and money). He is experiencing a s***ty hangover, something we all have had. I don't think it's necessary to instill fear in someone by rec. a doctor. Eat good food and take vitamins and drink lots of water.

This is only applicable if he told the truth in what he consumed. If someone who I smoke weed with complains he is dying, I'll calm him down and tell him it's alright, paranoia is a common side effect. If I'm smoking weed with someone who snorted an 8 ball of cocaine, and he thinks he is dying, I'll act accordingly. This guy just took kratom, there is no worries.
Old 12-04-2012, 22:24

35 y/o Male from United States
Caspian should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
Plus it costs and arm and a leg... my rat couldn't believe it when she saw TINY bags of 'kratom' for sale for $$$$$
Yeah. That's because "distributors" want to make money. so they buy it and double the price and sell it to the store, who then doubles the price. for every hand it touches the price doubles. It's insane.
Old 12-04-2012, 22:50
Palladium Member

@MachoMan, we are agreeing to agree here, because your logic is sound.

One thing to always keep in mind though, some people even if it's rare can be allergic to a substance and the effects while similar to ours, can also show danger if the person is allergic to the substance. Some effects mirror symptoms of allergy to a substance.

As I said though, we are agreeing to agree. Your post did not come off as non compassionate to me in any way, if anything you are showing compassion because you are thinking enough about this member that you don't want to "freak them out" or "scare them".

It's all good, the OP is fine and happy with the replies INCLUDING yours
Old 22-03-2013, 19:00
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
80808 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

wow Im nicely surprised at the compassion shown and the lack of piss taking. Just the way it should be when someone asks for help.

Post Quality Evaluations:
say it in a rep comment. pls don't bump year+ old threads with no new information
Old 23-03-2013, 01:06

22 y/o Male from United States
sketchmasta should review received reputation comments.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I dont know if anyone said this already, but don't get Kratom from head shops lol. It could contain more than just Kratom which could lead to bad things. Most likely caffeine. I know you said you would never take it again but it might be a whole different experience if you get it from a legit Kratom vendor. Look around on the internet for good sellers because I cant mention any on this site. You might like it though if you give it another chance.

Also you will most likely be fine. A lot of the times anxiety can really fuck with you if you are on a substance you haven't tried before. Good luck brother and I hope you feel better.
Old 23-03-2013, 17:30
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
assassoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

`I am a long time user of kratom and also have bad anxiety issues to I can validate that it can cause anxiety attacks in high doses. It won't kill you though as those above me have stated. Maybe try taking a low dose of a benzodiazepine once or twice daily. Do you take anything for your anxiety?
Old 24-03-2013, 01:36

22 y/o Male from United States
sketchmasta should review received reputation comments.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Yes I take 75mg of Zoloft (Setraline) daily.

sketchmasta added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

My bad I thought you were asking me lol nvm

Last edited by sketchmasta; 24-03-2013 at 01:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-03-2013, 02:47
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
Baba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way up
Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Just noting a recent and very uncomfortable experience with X15 kratom. I thought it a good idea to get fresh leaf, ground and X15 from several different vendors.
The leaf made into a tea was mild and not unpleasant but lacked a sufficient kick so I guessed I hadn't consumed enough. The next day having searched threads and what-not, decided to empty 3 grams of X15 into a little water and swallow on an empty stomach.
What followed was a very speedy and anxious experience, took only about 20 mins to start getting the effects and they built-up rapidly to a feeling of high level anxiety, bad mood/dysphoria, jittery, slightly nausous and very speedy with a feeling of light limbs.

I thought this would settle out but after an hour I started to worry and took 5mg of diazepam. This helped with the anxiety but didn't improve the overall unpleasantness I was experiencing. I then thought plenty of outside air and a stiff walk would help things but after a couple of miles it was no better.
Then I thought I could reduce the absorbtion rate and drank a pint of milk and ate and a cheese souffle. This helped a little but again not enough so resorted to three glasses of wine which took the edge off but still felt dodgy.
I began to think that it felt like an overdose of caffeine but lasted far too long as I was very over stimulated but with no increase in heart rate so couldn't work it out. 5 hrs later I had to take a further 10mg of diazepam should I wish to see any sleep.
It is an experience that I certainly wouldn't want to repeat and can't understand why I reacted in this way.
I will give the leaves another go as that didn't cause the unpleasantness experienced from what I describe but when I did make tea I did get a little shaky and had a mild headache.
Just wondering if I have an intolerance to kratom which would be a shame as the only other time I have tried it other than what I describe had undesirable effects also and again that was an extract.
Cognitively I was fine although within the first hour of the X15 experience noticed my vision was a tiny bit jumpy.
The kratom was obtained through three different sources and the X15 from a well established vendor specialising only in kratom so can't imagine there were additives but one really never knows.

Last edited by Baba Blacksheep; 28-03-2013 at 02:56.
Old 28-03-2013, 03:22

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20 Points: 19,649, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

In my experience, good vendors dont touch 15X.
Sure there are plenty of vendors that sell it, and sure many of them are well known and have been around for a long time, but that does not make them reputable and in kratom circles they would often be looked down on.

15X is a terribly overpriced, usually poor quality product.
At worst it is probably enhanced with something not exactly kratom.

First things first. How did you make the tea?
What dose did you take?

Jumping straight in with 3 grams was probably not a great idea.
Extracts are best avoided, for several reasons.

Its possible that you felt it kicking in and you got anxious and you had a panic attack.
It happens, especially when you take a drug you have never tried and your not sure about the dose to take and then you start to worry you have taken too much.

I dont think taking diazepam and alcohol together is a great idea, especially on top of another drug like kratom. Be careful doing things like that.

If you decide to try it again i suggest you stick to plain leaf.
Mix 3-5 grams into some sauce or liquid and eat/drink it, on an empty stomach, or make tea by boiling it for 20 minutes in water with some lemon/lime juice, straining and drinking, on an empty stomach.

Sorry you had a bad experience, i hope you feel better.
Old 28-03-2013, 10:44
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
Baba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way up
Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Thanks for getting back to me Ianzombie,
I made tea from a double extraction using one of those volcano coffe makers. The crushed leaves were bright and smelt fresh in comparison to the leaves sent with the X15. I used about 9 grams.
The tea was extremely bitter and actually numbed the mouth. Although I didn't feel any euphoria I did have a mood lift and was stimulated somewhat.
I don't think it was an anxiety attack brought on by trying something new but I am pretty sure it was due to taking the extract and looking back on it about half that dose probably would have been ok. My heart rate remained normal and a normal panic attack or similar would have definately raised it.
I do agree that mixing the diazepam, alcohol and kratom is not best advised but this was over 5 hrs and as I said I felt extremely uncomfortable indeed.
I really do think there was something else in it though.
I will try a boiling method with the fresh leaves next and see if there is any difference there.
Best wishes, Baba

Share this on:

Tags
health concern, kratom overdose, kratom questions