Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 07-07-2004, 04:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

kyndfolk should review received reputation comments.
Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Is this safe? how many would you have to snort ot get the same affect as taking 2-3 pills?
Old 07-07-2004, 05:29

30 y/o Male from United States
str8ballin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 734, Level: 4 Points: 734, Level: 4 Points: 734, Level: 4
OxyCodone is hillbilly heroin.I would start off with one if it's your first time.Take it easy though and don't over-do it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Always take it easy or take very small doses when using any drugs and work your way up because everyones tolerence is different!!! Be safe.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:30

kyndfolk should review received reputation comments.
Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2
so, its safe to snort it then?
Old 07-07-2004, 07:00
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
I wouldn't snort oxycodone pills unless it is in a form that is free of acetominophin/APAP.

oxycontin, which is a common name brand that does not contain acetominiphin can be snorted.

Oxycodone in and of itself has no acetaminophen in it. Combination meds. like Percocet, Tylox, etc. do.

Last edited by Pinkavvy; 20-01-2012 at 00:43. Reason: to correct the namebrand mix up here
Old 07-07-2004, 22:04

27 y/o Male
Psilocybe S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4

yeah, if its Oxycodone, thats means is generic andmay contain other shit.= BAD.

If it's OxyContin, then it's pure oxycodone, I guess. = GOOD.

So only snort oxycontin. Or try it out and tell us what happens.

Completely unhelpful
poor advice, with poor reasoning and relling someone to try it and let us kniw is not harm reduction,
Wrong info. based on conjecture. Oxycodone is the active chemical in both IR and ER/CR meds. Please don't give advice if you don't have the correct knowledge to back it up with.
Old 28-07-2004, 09:04

Geetered is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah you can snort it... if its percocet or something like that i wouldnt reccomend it, but oxycontin and roxicodone are good
Old 05-08-2004, 11:38

babygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes deffenetley you can snort them i am on it already 2 years that is best if u did not try it yet for you will be fine like ox 20 or half of 40 then you can go up but never do whole 80 immediatly it can kill you .
Old 07-08-2004, 02:17

beach986 is an unknown quantity at this point

if one were to peel the coating off a 40, crush it up into a powder, and carve out small lines, you can snort it. Unlike blow, it doesn't turn you into a fiend where you need another bigger rail over and over and don't want to stop until you run out.

Cool buzz for some --the relatively mellow trip rocks. For some people like my hypothetical friend who we're talking about here, experience the side effect of allergic-like itching. Intensely. Everywhere. Which sucks badly. It is HIGHLY addictive though -- "my friend" was warned by many, including the person who sold it to him, to be cautious. Caveat emptor.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:02
Platinum Member

33 y/o Male
Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.Kemikaru_Tenshu probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3

^^^Surprisingly enough the itch is a sought after trait in most opiates. With enough experience they eventually go away, and one will actually yearn for the "itchies".

Yes, you can snort oxys. In fact you can snort any pill that you can powder, but that doesn't mean that you should. If you have the name brand coated pills you should be ok. These are the pills that come in strengths of 20, 40, and 80 mg. Scrape off the coating, powder, and enjoy. Be warned that the pill is mostly various buffers and will have ill effects on your sinuses over time, but if you don't plan on doing this regularly than you should be alright. As others have said, I don't recommend you snort anything less than a 20mg pill as the larger 5, 7.5, and 10 mg pills have waaaay too much buffers in them to be worth it.

Oxycodone is surprisingly well absorbed orally, so you should expect the effects from intranasal administration to be more immediate but of relatively the same intensity. A good metric would be to consider intranasal administration to be 25% more powerful than oral, although this figure is generous. This is necessary just for the safety factor considering the plasma concentration from an insulfated dose will reach peak much quicker, and when you're not used to this it can really affect you. So as was stated previously, take it slow.

~KT

Old 07-08-2004, 06:40
Nefelibata

Female from United Kingdom
OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,316, Level: 5 Points: 1,316, Level: 5 Points: 1,316, Level: 5
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%
For those who detest the itch, take a benydryl beforehand.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:12

beach986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx OneDay. This was one of those rare occasions where the side effects actually severely outweighed the upside of a decent set of trips.

My friend will probably consider havin' another go. I bet the benydryl product mgr will be thrilled if s/he finds this thread...

KT knows some shit, so I'll try to take his word wrt theitch being "sought after" but damn it was foul, and not in a good way.
Old 09-08-2004, 20:52
Gold Member

Male from United States
hacnslash is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilocybe S
yeah, if its Oxycodone, thats means is generic and may contain other shit. = BAD.

If it's OxyContin, then it's pure oxycodone, I guess. = GOOD.

So only snort oxycontin. Or try it out and tell us what happens.
Oxycontin isn't "pure oxycodone". It obviously has fillers and dyes and shit (remember the colors of the pills?). It doesn't have any other active ingredients like acetaminophen, so oxycodone is the only active ingredient (this is indeed what you should look for). You really can get off on percocets if you manage to keep your acetaminophen intake down to about 4-5 grams a day. You can also do some sort of extraction, maybe oxycodone is soluble in water and you can do the classical codeine-trype cold water extraction on em.

Good correction of a misinformed post. Thanks!

Last edited by Alfa; 07-02-2012 at 08:50. Reason: broken quote
Old 30-09-2004, 01:06

fenderbender is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, oxycodone is soluble in water or else it wouldnt absorb when snorted. Anyway, yea, snort your oxys. It works great, but these guys are all on the money, some pills just wont work well. Percocets dont work cuz theyre full of acetominophen, and if your pill is generic, look at the bottle to see whats in it. If its just oxycodone, then your set. Make sure your dose isnt too high though. Keep it around 20mg if you havnt done it before or not many times. O, and also, dispite what people say, dont be TOO careful, ya know what i mean? Because the first time i did oxys i snorted ten milligrams and it was not very strong. I regretted not doing more ya know? Anyway, good luck!!! Oxys rock my shit...hard.
Old 31-10-2004, 04:59

WhiteRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2

Yeah like everyone else said make sure its pure with additives, my first experience and one of my few was with a green 80mg. I broke it in half snorted half and everything got sloooooowwwww. The itching was horrible and the nausia can be quite unpleasant(to strong for me, i prefer the big ole yellow percs). and someone said ROXICODONE is safe NO! this has 325 mgs of acetinminophen, and 5 mgs of oxy.

Roxicodone has no acetaminophen
Old 05-11-2004, 11:18
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
RoxiCONTIN is supposed to be the "brand" with little to no fillers.

RoxiCET is a "brand name generic" Percocet, and thus has the acetaminophen.

To anyone taking larger than 500mgs of acetaminophen at a time, be it
for pain or recreation, I would recommend the cold water extraction
method (do a search for codeine and cold water extraction for the
recipe), as large doses of just about any NSAID can wreak havoc on your
body.</font>

cwe is recommended for any amount of acetaminophen, however the daily limit is 4000 mgs
Old 23-03-2005, 04:00

RideTheSpiral is an unknown quantity at this point
I have several generic percocet substitute pills. It says they have 5mg in them, and a regular percocet only has 7.5 but I always get really fucked up on just that much, until the tolerance starts at which point I end up taking alot more. I seriously doubt you need 20 mg for your first dose because just taking 5mg orally will fuck you up alot. I was wondering if anyone knew how much valium is usually snorted to get effects.
Old 06-03-2009, 00:07

24 y/o Male
comatosefreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Re: Snorting Oxycodone

You can but definately don't do it if you have a history of heart problems or a weak heart. the acetomiphen in it will cause your heart to speed up. if you snort too much of it it can give you a heart attack. do not snort more than 15-20 mg tablets worth of percocet (oxycodone) or vicodin (hydrocodone). I know from experience that it speeds up your heart because it feels almost like a short adrenaline rush. I recomend snorting one or two then taking the rest of whatever you plan on taking.
Old 06-03-2009, 00:19
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

if you're new to opiates, take it easy at first, the high just gets better and better as time goes, and any kind of pill won't really kill you, even with APAP. I'm not suggesting this though, but swim's snorted vicodine (hydrocodone apap) numerous times, and didn't find anything negitive except a crusty nose on the inside and near the bridge. If you can, get strait oxy. If you can't, just take it orally. Once you start popping a couple at a time, check into a CWE. definitly worth it. the high's much better.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5

Dont snort oxycodone.

The oral bioavailability (amount of the drug that will actually be absorbed into the blood) is higher than the insufflated (snorted) bioavailability of oxycodone.

The reason ppl say the effect is intensified when snorted is because snorting oxy causes it to reach its peak effect faster than when taken orally.

So basically SWIY will have a stronger peak effect if they just take the damn thing orally (with oxycontin the outer coating has to be taken off) than they would if they snorted it. Snorting oxy is just corroding SWIYs nasal passages & polluting it with fillers for no reason.

SWIM would suggest chewing the pill & swallowing it so that the effect will be overall stronger & just about as fast a peak onset as would be experienced through snorting.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:13
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

ah, swim forgot about crushing it up. but i'm pretty sure I read on this forum snorting is around <80% while oral is 60-70%. Not much different, but the rush of a fresh line is quite grand.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:18
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5

Oxycodone
Oral: 60-87% (due to low first-pass metabolism).
Insufflated: One study says 45%. However anecdotal evidence says that it may be higher than this number.
Rectal: 61.6% in one study.

Got this from another thread relating to this very subject on DF titled: Oxycontin snort or chew?, this was also posted in the Opioid bioavailability thread..UTFSE pplz

Last edited by Herbal Healer 019; 06-03-2009 at 01:23.
Old 07-08-2009, 14:16

Male
┼rcaneMage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

Swim was wandering, How does one snort OXycodone? Swim took a pill crushed it into fine (almost powered sugar) and snorted maybe 1/8th of it?
...could you add powdered sugar?
Maybe Swim might just snort powdered sugar instead. mmmm sugar.....
Old 04-01-2010, 21:23

26 y/o Male
smokeyshadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatosefreek View Post
You can but definately don't do it if you have a history of heart problems or a weak heart. the acetomiphen in it will cause your heart to speed up. if you snort too much of it it can give you a heart attack. do not snort more than 15-20 mg tablets worth of percocet (oxycodone) or vicodin (hydrocodone). I know from experience that it speeds up your heart because it feels almost like a short adrenaline rush. I recomend snorting one or two then taking the rest of whatever you plan on taking.

it doesnt speed your heart up bro the rush you feel is ephoric it acually slows your heart and breathing down so dont go to sleep right after taking it if its your first time or you might not wake up allso dont mix it with any other opiate or resperatory depresant it will more then likly end you up in a box or acoma so be carfull no your limits after you snort one if you start feeling like your goin to throw up get reallly sleepy or your nose starts to run alot then youve takin more then you should dont take any more.
Old 19-03-2010, 20:15

27 y/o Male
chrismanlil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Oxycontin IS Oxycodone, only time released. They are the same thing. You can snort the generics oxycontins as both the real and generic oxy's active ingredient is OXYCODONE. Oxycodone is the ingredient in both the real and generic oxycontins that get's you high. Snorting either one is acceptable as any form of oxycontin has no acetaminophen (teyenol) in them. Drugs that may have acetaminohen in them include the large percosets, as they are 325/5. 325 milligrams of acetametophin and 5 milligrams of percoset (oxycodone). So in summary, when the name oxycontin is thrown out there it is in essence the same as saying time release oxycodone. And if you remove the shell on either the real oxy's or the generics and grind it into powder it becomes instant release oxycontin/oxycodone though I stress extreme caution when doing so as it can rather rapidly lead to overdose. If I have been unclear in any way or if there are any questions, just ask and i guarantee I have the answer for you.
Old 19-03-2010, 21:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
death&decay is a decent psychonaut.death&decay is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach986 View Post
if one were to peel the coating off a 40, crush it up into a powder, and carve out small lines, you can snort it. Unlike blow, it doesn't turn you into a fiend where you need another bigger rail over and over and don't want to stop until you run out.

This is more of an opinion, as Swim seems to be on the opposite side of this remark. In terms of coke, Swim doesn't like to overdo it as he is not overly infatuated with stimulants. However, with dope or other opiates Swim is a beast and will blow until all the candy is gone. Swim has a much harder time having a bag of dope stare at him compared to a bag or coke or some meph.

Very true because swim is the same way. Everyone is different with their drug of choice.
Thank you for correcting this misinformation! Fact and opinion are two different things!

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, crystallize, extended release, generics, hillbilly heroin, ibuprofen, immediate release, insufflate, nsaid, opiates, opioid, oxycodone, oxycodone hcl, oxycontin, smoking oxycodone, snorting drugs, snorting oxycodone