Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
SwiftJustice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
what ethnobotanical has opiate like effects?

Just curious to what ethnobotanicals have opiate like effects? Tried Kratom and I am very fond of it. Please, if possible let me know of some others! Thank you!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: what ethnobotanical has opiate like effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
Just curious to what ethnobotanicals have opiate like effects? Tried Kratom and I am very fond of it. Please, if possible let me know of some others! Thank you!
I entered the topic to tell you kratom.

Seeing as you have already tried it, that's it. No other ethnobotanical apart from the real stuff.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:02
Titanium Member

Male from Australia
Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.Exitlude really adds to the discussion.
Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Lactuca Virosa is another. But really, aside from Kratom at a stretch, opiate effects come from papaver somniferum only.

There are a handful of virtually unknown species that are being intensely studied and developed by various communities and big pharma... but those who know have tight lips
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21

25 y/o Male from Canada
eggomyeggo should review received reputation comments.

The stuff sold as Kratom and "Kratom Extract" usually has a legal chemical in it that produces an intense high that is completely unrelated to Kratom. Swim watched his swim nod into a coma from what was sold as "Kratom Extract". Now it easily could of been Kratom as it was purchased from a big reputable online store but it doesn't change the fact his friend swim nodded into a coma! Even poppy pods can be more dangerous than street heroin because like street drugs you never know the potency only it varies even greater with plant products and extracts before someone steps on it. Nothing legal comes closer to opiates than high quality Kratom extract.

Start with a small dosage and never assume the first batch is the same potency as the other batch, even when it is purchased at the same time and is the same exact brand!

Swim is more afraid of legal highs bought from a store than illegal highs bought from a man on a street. Even scientists say the legal highs are more dangerous because their short term and especially long term effects are not known!

Kratom in a standard leaf form is known to produce brown patches on your skin. That is known because Kratom was abused in Thailand even after it was made illegal and therefore long term effects from low potency Kratom leaves were possible to study. If brown patches of skin are caused by moderate usage of Kratom leaves than one can only imagine what effects come with moderate usage of Kratom Extract! By the way that is only one long term side effect. Maybe you will be lucky and your entire body will turn brown with moderate extract usage and you will look like you just got a really dark tan!

Post Quality Evaluations:
misinformed/fear mongering apparently you're confusing kratom (well studied) with unknown research chemicals (hardly studied)
Total nonsense/fear mongering/deliberate misinformation with no basis in fact or effort to provide some hint of evidence.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03

24 y/o Male from United States
SwiftJustice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggomyeggo View Post
The stuff sold as Kratom and "Kratom Extract" usually has a legal chemical in it that produces an intense high that is completely unrelated to Kratom. Swim watched his swim nod into a coma from what was sold as "Kratom Extract". Now it easily could of been Kratom as it was purchased from a big reputable online store but it doesn't change the fact his friend swim nodded into a coma! Even poppy pods can be more dangerous than street heroin because like street drugs you never know the potency only it varies even greater with plant products and extracts before someone steps on it. Nothing legal comes closer to opiates than high quality Kratom extract.

Start with a small dosage and never assume the first batch is the same potency as the other batch, even when it is purchased at the same time and is the same exact brand!

Swim is more afraid of legal highs bought from a store than illegal highs bought from a man on a street. Even scientists say the legal highs are more dangerous because their short term and especially long term effects are not known!

Kratom in a standard leaf form is known to produce brown patches on your skin. That is known because Kratom was abused in Thailand even after it was made illegal and therefore long term effects from low potency Kratom leaves were possible to study. If brown patches of skin are caused by moderate usage of Kratom leaves than one can only imagine what effects come with moderate usage of Kratom Extract! By the way that is only one long term side effect. Maybe you will be lucky and your entire body will turn brown with moderate extract usage and you will look like you just got a really dark tan!
lol! Thank you so much. Maybe then I can date Snooki and get that STD I been hoping to get!
Old 11-04-2012, 17:15

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggomyeggo View Post

You are misinformed on many things.

No, kratom usually isn't sold with another drug. That's insane to think. 7-hydroxymitragynie, the most active alkaloid in kratom, is potent enough to give someone a good, opiate high. It doesn't need to be mixed with other drugs.

You maybe thinking of a certain brand which included the chemical O-Desmethyltramadol (synthetic opiod). This drug did kill people in Sweden (I believe). However, almost all other kratom sold online and stores is 100% safe/pure kratom leaves.

And no way street drugs are as safe as kratom. Kratom HAS been tested and studied and it's perfectly safe. Sure, kratom has addictive properties, but it won't kill you outright like many street drugs are known to do. Overdose on kratom is nausea and dizzyness. Please link me to a source that has someone dying from kratom?

Finally, kratom causing dark patches of skin? This is an example of being ignorant and just repeating stuff you read online. Kratom will NOT give you dark patches when consumed in the powder form (how it's consumed in North America). The reason for the dark patches of skin is from chewing raw leaves (I can get into the science if you want), how they do it normally in Thailand. Hence, every single report of dark patches was from Thai users.

No need to scare people if you weren't planning on giving much of the truth.

Correcting information and giving good information in return.
Making claims without backing them up with information. Please show us the test results and study results.
You need to bakc up these claims when you post them, not wiat for people to demand evidence
Old 11-04-2012, 17:22
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoManSavage View Post
Kratom HAS been tested and studied and it's perfectly safe.
Could you please upload any results from the tests and studies carried out on Kratom.
Ive not read any myself, but they would be a great addition to the forum.
Old 11-04-2012, 18:08

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19
Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6%

Quote:
Finally, kratom causing dark patches of skin? This is an example of being ignorant and just repeating stuff you read online. Kratom will NOT give you dark patches when consumed in the powder form (how it's consumed in North America). The reason for the dark patches of skin is from chewing raw leaves (I can get into the science if you want), how they do it normally in Thailand. Hence, every single report of dark patches was from Thai users.
I would like to hear more about this one too!
Old 15-04-2012, 17:34

Male from United States
PharmSoulsha is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Apparently Kratom... I bought a big sample pack online and didn't feel effects from any of the strains, even when I took triple doses. And you are talking about someone who has zero experience with opiates, thus my tolerance is zero.

Maybe I'm just weird because apparently everyone else feels effects from it... So yea Kratom is the way to go. Blue Lotus also....
Old 15-04-2012, 17:45

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmSoulsha View Post
Apparently Kratom... I bought a big sample pack online and didn't feel effects from any of the strains, even when I took triple doses. And you are talking about someone who has zero experience with opiates, thus my tolerance is zero.

Maybe I'm just weird because apparently everyone else feels effects from it... So yea Kratom is the way to go. Blue Lotus also....
I doubt you are weird.
Maybe you just have a natural tolerance, or perhaps you bought something bunk from a bad vendor, or maybe you used it incorrectly.
Old 23-04-2012, 02:50

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
perhaps you bought something bunk from a bad vendor
This is probably it. But I'm too reluctant to try another vendor, not too mention too broke.
Old 23-04-2012, 12:33

38 y/o Male from Ireland

What type of kratom was it, what dose did you take, how did you take it, did you take it on an empty stomach?
Old 24-04-2012, 03:51

Male from United States

Quote:
What type of kratom was it, what dose did you take, how did you take it, did you take it on an empty stomach?
I bought a sampler pack which supposedly had 10 gram baggies of 5 different strains (Maeng Da,Sumatra White Vein,Sumatra Red Vein, and Bali) . But when I observed the the contents of each baggie they all looked and smelled the same.

The first time I took around 5 grams. The second time I took 10 grams (got NAUSEA). 3rd time 20 grams... Nothing.

Empty stomach each time...
Old 24-04-2012, 08:54

38 y/o Male from Ireland

How did you take it?

Unless you have opiate tolerance you should have felt something, espicially at 20 grams!
Sounds like you got ripped off.

They are going to look the same apart from some colour differences, they are all the same thing, leaves from a tree.

Last edited by ianzombie; 24-04-2012 at 11:31.
Old 26-05-2012, 17:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
V3TR is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

this might be of interest to you but do good research first i havent worked with it yet Horse chestnut is supposed to have a fairly strong opiate effect 10 grains of the nut aprox equal 3 grains of opium

post evidence, or don't post at all, especially when dealing with novel plants.
Old 28-05-2012, 13:50

Male from United States

Quote:
How did you take it?

Unless you have opiate tolerance you should have felt something, espicially at 20 grams!
Sounds like you got ripped off.

They are going to look the same apart from some colour differences, they are all the same thing, leaves from a tree.

The first time I just dumped the powder in grape juice. Second time I just mixed it in yogurt and ate it.

Third time, which was my largest dose, I made a Tea extract.... Basically made a tea out of it, then boiled it down to a glass. Nothing.
Old 06-06-2012, 20:23

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19
Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6%

So any word on this "dark patches on the skin" BS?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:30
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
DiacetylEntertainment is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Hey Potter, not concrete statistical evidence but from reading through material it seems there is a few reports of skin blotching or discoloration from long term use.

Check it out:
"Swim noticed a dark colored patch of skin under his left eye about the size of the tip of his pinky. It's not raised or textured differently, just darker brown. Swim is a fair skinned norweigan so the patch is pretty noticeable.

Bowel issues, on the hard side of things, if ya know what i mean...

Hard to take a piss sometimes too. Like swim's prostates enlarged (but he's still in his late twenties?). Think there may have been prior issues but it is most definitely aggravated by kratom sessions."

This was taken from an entheogen-network thread entitled "Kratom long term use"
The person was a daily user for around a year.

Share this on: