Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 14:07
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
whatsmynameagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Cures for a burn-out?

ugh! swim feels like crap! she only did a one nighter, but she feels horrible. head is pounding, stiff muscles. she has stuff to do today...any advice or cure for being burnt out?
Old 10-04-2012, 15:21

Female from Earth
BrokenAlice should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Re: Cures for a burn-out?

Water, vitamins, a shower & food
Old 10-04-2012, 18:01
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

HOT shower. That'll help sweat toxins out. Lots of water, fruit and vitamins, also.
Old 10-04-2012, 19:20
Titanium Member

33 y/o Female from USA - Texas
FluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way up
Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

a hto shower, eat and a quick nap...even if only an hour it seems to recharge me and helps the muscle pain.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
bravez is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1

This kid totally swears by super-warm baths consisting of epsom salts dissolved in boiling water with apple cider vinegar. It helps balance out your skin's pH, relaxes muscles, and makes you feel great all around. I would also recommend using a neti pot or other sinus rinsing device to help get rid of any accumulating product.

If you're really in a bad way, bananas and chocolate milk.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great tips!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:15
Silver Member

Female from Australia
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%

A couple of cones always helps, and if you have any benzos (valiuoum, xanax, loraz) etc. Just stuff to help you sleep. Once you have a nice long sleep you will feel so much better.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
whatsmynameagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravez View Post
This kid totally swears by super-warm baths consisting of epsom salts dissolved in boiling water with apple cider vinegar. It helps balance out your skin's pH, relaxes muscles, and makes you feel great all around. I would also recommend using a neti pot or other sinus rinsing device to help get rid of any accumulating product.

If you're really in a bad way, bananas and chocolate milk.
swim loves apple cider vinegar...wish she would have read this before her shower earlier... will definetly remember next time.....

whatsmynameagain added 4 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

thanks ...cant figure out why swim never thought of vitamines before....she forced down a little fruit and drank a ton of water, then a hot shower and was feeling much better after, thanks. swim will try the salt and apple cider next time (ugh! no next time!) would never have thought of rinsing sinus, good idea!

Last edited by whatsmynameagain; 11-04-2012 at 10:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-04-2012, 01:34
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
bravez is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsmynameagain View Post
swim loves apple cider vinegar...wish she would have read this before her shower earlier... will definetly remember next time.....

whatsmynameagain added 4 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

thanks ...cant figure out why swim never thought of vitamines before....she forced down a little fruit and drank a ton of water, then a hot shower and was feeling much better after, thanks. swim will try the salt and apple cider next time (ugh! no next time!) would never have thought of rinsing sinus, good idea!
Personally, instead of saying, "No next time," I prefer to take the positive spin on the situation and make it an "everytime" part of my coming down detox routine. It's kinda hokey, but I honestly suspect on some level my body recognizes what I'm doing and starts the mellowing out process. I would caution you to be very careful at first, because you'll want the water to be warm enough to make you sweat a little bit. Be sure to bring some water in the bathroom with you so you don't overheat. Also, of course, if you've been having any blood pressure issues, please also take that in to consideration before getting in to a tub of hot water. I'll cheat with lukewarm on occasion.

Also bear in mind that it's great to take vitamins, but in order for your body to capitalize on those vitamins, you're going to have to get some food in you. I tend to keep greek yogurt around for this kind of thing. In addition to being super easy to eat, it's got all kinds of good stuff to remind your body why it likes to consume things that aren't speed (not to mention some bacteria to jumpstart your regularity [yeah, I went there]. I also like to include foods that tend to be high in water content in addition to fiber to help things along down there. I am especially fond of the mandarin oranges, bagged tiny sweet peppers, grapes, and the occasional apple.

If all else fails, and remember that it's very, very, very, not safe or recommended, I might sometimes cheat by popping a benadryl and piggybacking on the sedative to put me down. I don't think I'd do it going in to a work day, though, as it tends to leave me with a nasty hangover.

B

Post Quality Evaluations:
you have made some nice points, good post
Old 14-04-2012, 01:58
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,579, Level: 12 Points: 7,579, Level: 12 Points: 7,579, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

the deal is when your body starts sending out signals of aches and pains, it means listen there is something toxic inside, bad meth is everywhere and the symptoms are the same as you describe. Good , clean meth will not cause you to feel so crappy after just a one nighter. leave the bad meth off of the grocery list.

Its not like it was back some years ago.

Drink plenty of water, and guzzle a couple of beers, to take the edge off , but its going to just take you making up your mind to press on with the days work and you will get through it ... just dont keep on doing the same thing later , and expect a different result. peace
Old 14-04-2012, 05:17

34 y/o Male from United States
Foo26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Alcohol was always my best friend when I was coming down. It was the only thing that balanced evrything out

Share this on: