Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis Use, cultivation & production of Marijuana, Hashish, Ice-o-lator & Hemp.

Old 08-04-2012, 23:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
cannabinoid420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Too Much THC? Wax Dab Made me Pale

Hey guys,

Last night I took one of the biggest dabs of my life. I purchased a gram of Green Crack wax concentrates from my favorite dispensary and loaded up a full dab, yes a full! Normally a half dab gets me good but I felt like going all out. I looked at the mini oil rig peice and felt a nervousness and anxiety hit me, if that means anything. I took the whole dab on one hit and it went down fast. Lungs were full of concentrate wax. Exhaled and it didn't feel right. Well first of all, its was almost impossible to breathe normally cuz of the size of hit and thickness of wax. I felt like something hit me in the brain super hard and I was dizzy. The difficulty to breathe might have made me have an anxiety attack but it took me 10 minutes to return to normal calm mind. Do you think anxiety caused this pale/ sweating responce? It was really unpleasant. Or could it have been a super large hit? Not used to milking a bong with wax! Any responce helps. thanks!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Keep in mind this is an international forum. Don't use slang. Use descriptive thread titles.
Old 08-04-2012, 23:16
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Reason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way up
Points: 568, Level: 3 Points: 568, Level: 3 Points: 568, Level: 3
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Too Much THC? Wax Dab Made me Pale

SWIM doesn't think the reaction SWIY is describing would be caused by too much THC. It sounds possible that the waxiness of the substance smoked caused the smoke to be thicker than SWIY is used to and its possible that you just got too little oxygen for a couple of minutes. Itis possible if not probable however that the anxiety and paranoia SWIY felt was caused by the THC.

-reason4rhyme
Old 09-04-2012, 00:13
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%

what is a "dab"? What is "Green Crack Wax"? What is a "mini oil rig piece" and how does it relate to the story? You have a bong that you can milk?

Please try to avoid slang, this is an international forum, and while these words might have meaning to you, they don't translate to other localities well.

this reply is caustic, and no gold member should answer threads in this maner, bad habit you have
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
what is a "dab"? What is "Green Crack Wax"? What is a "mini oil rig piece" and how does it relate to the story? You have a bong that you can milk?

Please try to avoid slang, this is an international forum, and while these words might have meaning to you, they don't translate to other localities well.

Sorry if you may not be familiar with very common terms used by medical cannabis users.

A dab is a way of consuming a concentrate form of cannabis which in this case was in a wax state. Green Crack Wax is self explanatory; Wax made from the Green Crack strain. A mini oil rig piece is commonly a miniature water pipe that concentrates are hit from. Sorry you didn't know what a piece was, I'll try to super clarify next time.

As for the better responce I see posted above Potter's, you are probaby right as anxiety kind of exploded after the dab. Thanks for the feedback.

No... All your slang in the OP is not self explanatory, not everyone knows what "wax" is or "milking a bong", for example after saying wax why not quickly explain that it is a form of butane honey oil (BHO).
Old 09-04-2012, 02:49

24 y/o Male from USA - California
JunkieInTheWoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1

I believe the op is referring to "wax" as in a Cannabis concentrate somewhat waxy in texture, usually made using butane or oxygen supercritical. Very potent.
By "Green Crack" I believe they are referring to the Sativa dominant Cannabis strain Green Crack.
As for the symptoms experienced, anxiety is probably the culprit. I have a medical cannabis reccomendation so am able to visit Cannabis dispensaries as well, and the wax is always a favorite, however I tend to use ALOT more than a "dab" Though if a person is only used to "half a dab" or so, especially with such a potent concentrate and a soaring heady Sativa strain to boot, then one might experience some negative effects yes. Maybe a panic attack as was mentioned. I have noticed similar effects on occassions when i was unable to medicate(as I like to call it) for a day or two and tolerance drops slightly then take 1 toke too many
Old 09-04-2012, 18:22
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%

You see here in NY, we call "medical cannabis users", "criminals", and all those other terms are called "evidence" ;-)

I know what a "piece" is, I'm actually quite intrigued as to the details of what makes this certain type special. I've never heard of one like this and would like to see a picture.

You folks are bloody lucky. The only thing my Gov't dispenses are arrests and beatings.
Old 09-04-2012, 21:24

24 y/o Male from USA - California
JunkieInTheWoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1

I also would be interested in seeing a picture. I usually just put a good size glob of wax ontop of a fresh green bowl and melt it into the bowl... Or, if Im feelin fancy Ill drop some in the concentrate pipe. Which is basically a hand pipe with no hole in the bottom of the bowl. Rather 2 holes at the top of the bowl on either side, using a red hot glass rod to vaporize the material.(would upload pics but am operating from a cheap cellphone for time being ) Its kind of a pain in the ass, and you need a powerful handtorch, but its fun sometimes.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28
Silver Member

Male from United States

Sorry to hear about the tough laws out in New York, Potter. I'm sure there will be much progress in the coming years. Oil rigs are fairly new and are hitting almost every glass store here in California. They are similar to a bong design but very small and usually built more narrow towards the top. I took a tab at a 'hash bar' which is literally a bar that serves oil dabs to the customers! You take a utencil called a dabber with a spoon like end that is covered in wax. A skillet was used on this setup, which is a titanium plate that is heated up and then the contentrates are applied, thus vaporizing it. These forms of concentrate range anywhere from 60-90 % THC. I gotta few pics and will post them below. A few companies that make these glass pieces are Silika and Toro. Many more are out there of course.

In case you were wondering, the greeen device is called an eclipse vape. You put concentrates or bud in the glass vial tube and simply hold a butane torch under it until it vaporizes.

this is very good, pictures always make a thread flow better
Old 11-04-2012, 05:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
nik12937 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2

I have personally experienced severe lightheadedness after taking a few huge bong rips of some pressed kief, along with anxiety. I don't find this to be very out of the ordinary, at least in my case, possibly for you. I just think it's your body's reaction to having its cannabinoid system so overwhelmed in such a ridiculously short amount of time.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:25
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkieInTheWoods View Post
I believe the op is referring to "wax" as in a Cannabis concentrate somewhat waxy in texture, usually made using butane or oxygen supercritical. Very potent.
" ear wax " or "snot" are consentrates made with a co2 extraction , there are almost as many different
kinds of " wax " as there are the number of cannabis strains.

here is a short list from the menu board at a local dispensorie

Kushtown Kush Shot

Blue Dream Earwax

Chocolope Earwax

Sherman Oaks Og Kush Earwax

A.o.t.a Earwax

L.a. Confidential Earwax

Purple Nepal Earwax

Purple Kush Earwax

Cough Earwax

Master Kush Earwax

BlueBerry Earwax

Grandaddy Purp Earwax

Super Silver Haze Earwax

Hindu Kush Earwax

Bubba Kush Earwax

Og Kush Earwax

Skywalker Og Kush Earwax

Yumboldt Earwax

Not for lightweights…High Powered Extracted THC Concentrate!
Just add some to your next bowl to experience this Rush!

A Fun, energetic, dreamy head high…
Earwax Concentrates is an ideal way for COPD medical marijuana patients to smoke.

This sought out substance opens up the bronchial tubes for easier, deeper breathing without the harsh coughing that regular smoke can sometimes bring.
How to Use It: Earwax can be placed atop a nice bud in glassware where it will melt into the nugs;

it can also be consumed using a vaporizer.

What It Smokes Like: Creamy, oily and gentle on the throat and lungs.

Remember that each of these waxes are not always in stock, about 50% are out while the other half are fresh and ready to go..

The information on wax makes this a Great Post

Last edited by beentheredonethatagain; 21-05-2012 at 22:38. Reason: add last line

Share this on:

Sitelinks: Information: