Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 05:19

22 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DeToKz needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Can you OD smoking meth *IMPORTANT* asap

Can you & if you can how do you know and/or try to stop it

Post Quality Evaluations:
I think this is a good topic, because a lot of good information is being shared.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:37
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from United States
SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.SmokeTwibz really knows their shit.
Points: 2,488, Level: 7 Points: 2,488, Level: 7 Points: 2,488, Level: 7
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Re: Can you OD smoking meth *IMPORTANT* asap

The only thing I can say is that if you think you or someone you know is over dosing, go to the emergency room.

great straight and to the point smart advice :)
Best advice for anyone on overdose.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:39
Banned

37 y/o Male from United States
Junglistic1 should review received reputation comments.

Shortness of breath, sweats, and lightheartedness. SWIM knew of someone else passing out, making a snorring (loud) noise, only to find out that the person was having trouble breathing... called the ambulance.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:00

22 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DeToKz needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

SWIM was always under the im pression you CANT od on meth only way can be fatal is sstroke heart attack etc.. and i more see that as a self consious OD more then from the drug
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05
Docta Docta is nu online
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,499, Level: 14 Points: 9,499, Level: 14 Points: 9,499, Level: 14
Activity: 13.1% Activity: 13.1% Activity: 13.1%

The thing about meth is different users have a different threshold for intoxication.

Overdosing on Methamphetamine has many underlying factors, cocktails of other drugs, complications due to chronic use, general health, body mass etc.
The threshold for lethal intoxication may vary depending on the individual. The reaction in most cases is delayed it doesn't come on as the drug is being smoke but after, an unexpected cardiac episode, heart attack or stroke can strike with little warning.

What to look out for

Sudden onset high temperature from dehydration and heat build up in the body.
Dilated pupils and convulsions.
Muscle/Chest pain.
Sweating, rapid breathing, increased heart rate and blood pressure.

In circumstances when you think an overdose has occurred, give fluids, rap them in a cold blanked dampened if necessary and call an ambulance. Obviously CPR in extreme cases.

Overdose can occur with a single use so never be complacent.

Straight to the point and informative. Mentioned the important issues.
great information, well articulated
solid info, informative about meth overdoses from smoking can come long after smoking, thanks for the info on symptoms as well, thanks for the info

Last edited by Docta; 08-04-2012 at 07:12.
Old 08-04-2012, 19:11
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Docta summed it up pretty good. It always surprises me how many people think its actually impossible (Im not saying you are one of them) - But yeah its entirely possible, and apparently, from the research ive done, if you're by yourself during a meth OD, you're in some serious trouble.
You can have a heart attack or stroke - and with meth overdoses, sometimes they can be very delayed in terms of when it happens in regards to when you took the one hit too many. So you could be chillin 10 minutes after your bowl and it can come on. Also, apparently they come on VERY rapidly and give you very little time to react/get help.

All that being said, I "believe" in my "own opinion" that meth overdoses through smoking isn't super easy to do. I've smoked my eyes out sometimes, and if I smoke a bit too much I'll get a lil ancy and sick feeling for a bit. But, it is possible to careful!

Good point about how an overdose on meth can "sneak up on you".
Thank you for this! I even have very experienced friends who SWEAR that you can't OD from smoking. It almost infuriates me that people spread that dangerous nonsense. I'd give more stars if I could. I myself have been down that "done too much" road.

Last edited by CanadianBakin; 19-07-2012 at 13:18.
Old 08-04-2012, 19:58
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

While Docta provided very good information on the possible OD symptoms, it is good to remember that blood pressure, sweating, dilated pupils and increased heart rate are also very common side effects of stimulants in general, in recreational non-OD doses too. But chest pain shouldn't be ignored at all in my opinion, it may or may not be a sign of something more serious, it's a good idea to call for help in the case of chest pain in my opinion.

great point
Old 08-04-2012, 23:50
Titanium Member

33 y/o Female from USA - Texas
FluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way upFluffyPinkElephant is on the way up
Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3 Points: 617, Level: 3
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehs View Post
While Docta provided very good information on the possible OD symptoms, it is good to remember that blood pressure, sweating, dilated pupils and increased heart rate are also very common side effects of stimulants in general, in recreational non-OD doses too. But chest pain shouldn't be ignored at all in my opinion, it may or may not be a sign of something more serious, it's a good idea to call for help in the case of chest pain in my opinion.
That is the tricky thing with meth, for me it is such a fine line between a good rush and what is most likely pushing the danger zone. Sometimes when I see OD symptoms laid out like that it always strikes me as "well shit, how am I to know the difference between being really freaking spun and needing help?" as all of those symptoms are generally indicative of good dope to me.

That said, I have had my oh shit moments here and there like when I don't think and do stupid shit like get into a hot tub shortly after doing a load and my heart rate jumped into the 190s and I got lightheaded, but that more or less fixed itself once I realized my mistake and got cooled down. But I often wonder where that line is...how fast is TOO FAST for your heart to be racing, how high is too high for your temp to jump, etc.

I did read on some harm reduction site that chest pain, the lips turning blue, or the inability to speak and verbalize are also signs to watch out for and should never be ignored. Would you say this is accurate? Or if that happens have you already missed the important ones?

Important question about how to know difference between OD and just being high.
Old 09-04-2012, 00:12
Banned

29 y/o Female from USA - Texas
pimpette24 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I posted on here once already but apparently no one can read between the lines, so ill redo it...

In response to your question, it first of all depends on your idea of what an od is...

In the aliens expierence, the answer is yes. Alien never thought so until one time...

So a friend of the alien gave em a gel cap. The first one felt so gud that she wanted another right away cuz the thought of it being jus a little better wouldnt quit. What a big mistake. The alien friend put way to much meth (phos meth) in the gel cap.

The reaction and feelings were extreme and uncontrollable parinoia, insanity, talking in circles, severe stomach ache, dilusions, out of control behaivor, dihydrahation.

I do consider this an over dose because normally when someone takes an extreme amount the only consequece is you over amp and end up just passing out. In this instance, the horrible ordeal lasted like 3 days. (with the occasional smoking after the fact, but really smoking has no effect with that much of the substance in your system) The alien was an expiernced user and never the entire time he/she was active in using, felt that way. So you be the judge.

Thanks for adding your experiences to the thread.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:05

Male from United States
thementor should review received reputation comments.
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

The line is not easily determinable. I was alone one night, and I smoked about 1.5 grams by myself in my bathroom. I just wanted to continue feeling that rush when you first exhale.

After about 30 minutes of solid solo smoking, I got in the shower. When I got out, I zoned out on myself in the mirror. I could see my heart thumping from my chest, and when I opened my mouth, I could HEAR my heart pounding. 15 minutes later, I was on the bathroom floor, sweating, heart palpating, chest tightness, vomiting, and numb throughout much of my body. I passed out soon afterwards.

I came to about an hour later, with no real noticeable side effects. I was still spun, the trembling and nausea had subsided, and everything generally went back to normal. I'm not sure if it was the grade of clear I was smoking, or my decision to get into the shower, or the fact that I had very little tolerance. I don't do meth very often, mostly because I like it alot and I know my own potential for addiction. I do know, however, that something was very wrong with me for that 45 minute period, and it disappeared when I work up.

IMO, I was showing signs of cardiac and respiratory failure. I couldn't function well enough to call for help. Anyone at the point of severe illness from too much meth should seek medical attention.

wow, very glad you are okay now thank you for sharing
Old 11-04-2012, 04:52
Silver Member

Female from Australia
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%

You can overdose on meth. And as someone else said earlier, dilated pupils, increased heart rate, and sweating, are all normal side affects of using methamphetamine. I think if you start getting chest pains, extreme trouble breathing (remember sometimes after smoking hits your breathing may be shorter, due to the strong chemicals your inhaling) but if your breathing is really getting hard, then you might need to get some help.

The breathing difference is very important to understand.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:31
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,317, Level: 12 Points: 7,317, Level: 12 Points: 7,317, Level: 12
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

You can overdose on basically anything.

To most people, especially here on the site, "overdose" means to die or be close to dying because of taking to much of a substance or taking a substance to fast.

The technical definition of overdose simply means to take more of a substance than what the body/mind can handle (not exact words, but it's the meaning), so going by both meanings of overdose, you can for sure OD on smoking meth.

When you take to much meth you will have symptoms as mentioned above. What is the way to know the difference between symptoms of being high or "spun" versus taking so much meth that you are in danger of dying? I am thinking you have to eliminate any symptoms that are same and what is left would be what you need to look out for.

For example, symptoms of an overdose (both deadly and just taking to much) is increase in heart rate, at the same time an increase of heart rate is an effect from doing just about any amount of methamphetamine.

However, something that is a sign of overdose but is not a regular effect from meth is chest pains. It's true you could feel a little bit of discomfort when doing meth (specifically smoking, snorting, or taking it orally) in the chest area, but you should NOT have chest pains from just doing a regular (regular meaning "safe" amount anyone should be able to do) amount of meth.

Even then, while it could help one know how to differentiate between overdose and effects of substance when you know how to separate symptoms vs. effects, the only real way to deal with it is to watch how much of a substance (meth in this case) you use/abuse but even more important is to get help if you know something is wrong.

Someone can call or write others online or in real life to question if they feel they have taken to much of something or to fast, but the ONLY way to know for sure, is to be seen by a medical professional, period. Also, while an emergency room is best if a person knows they are in danger because of a substance, if a person is not in danger of dying but thinks there is something wrong because of drug use, just seeing a doctor can prevent worse things from happening. So if you overdose just meaning you took to much but not in danger of dying, it can help to get a check up so something terrible is far less likely to happen.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39

Female from United States
dhampir1992 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I believe you can overdose on smoking meth.
I'm pretty sure my purple unicorn just did actually lol, she is experiencing chest pain, headache, and I believe that if you overdose (because when my purple unicorn does, and she tends to a lot) sometimes the meth can make you feel sleepy, like its almost too much of a rush so it makes you pass out (it did to my purple unicorn and is doing so again now).

One time my purple unicorn was smoking meth (its way easy to overdose smoking it because people tend to lose track on how much their smoking), and next thing I know her heart was pounding so fast she felt as if it was pounding against her chest, she started convulsing and then passed out.

She was lucky to have survived.
Moral of the story, BE CAREFUL when using meth. My purple unicorn uses meth, and anyone else who does it needs to know it is a deadly drug and needs to be taken with caution
Old 12-07-2012, 19:02
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
RoxasUchiha needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Swim is unsure of what an OD is considered...

His Purple Pinkied Dolphin had thrown down twice within an hour, and 2 hours later he got up from the bed and began to walk down the hallway. Halfway there, he got really lightheaded and dizzy. He stumbled several times and had to brace himself or he'd hit the wall. it went away almost as soon as it started and he just dismissed it. My dolphin reached the end of the hallway when it happened again, only this time it was worse. Long story short, the next thing he knew he was flying through the air and hit the wall hard. As soon as he got hit the wall, he snapped back and looked around to find no one was there... After, Throughout the night his chest would hurt a little bad. Nothing serious. Cold sweat a bit.

Never passed out or vomited. Never had trouble breathing, except when my chest would hurt a bit, but that went a way rather quick.

From what Swim has seen yeah you can OD, but how often an OD becomes fatal, Swim is sure it's rather low. From research, it looks like symptoms of OD are rather the same as the normal effects, except for long lasting chest pain, hallucination (apparently so the the dolphin lol) Seizures, vomiting, coma and then death.

Those things seem like an OD to me. So... YEAH..
Old 13-07-2012, 00:40
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Australia
Rocksbro is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Yes, you can OD on meth just like anything else.

Please discuss this with your tweak circle/group/friends - if any of you think you're ODing but can't communicate it to the rest of the group, take that as a sign to get that person straight to the hospital or call an ambulance.

Don't be a hero/douchebag (I'm not calling you one btw hahaha) and try to "save" that person using your accrued knowledge and wisdom. Hospital. Doctors. Nurses. That's what they need.

And if you have to explain what happened to the medical staff, don't lie about the drugs consumed - the truth could end up saving a life. You won't get in trouble, doctors don't give a fuck about your drug use but they sure give a fuck about saving lives.
Old 13-07-2012, 04:18
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from Australia
kumar420 is captain of the psychonauts.kumar420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3
Activity: 8.7% Activity: 8.7% Activity: 8.7%

Hey does anyone know how to tell the difference between a real meth od and lightheadedness from low blood sugar? Seems to me alot of these symptoms could be explained by low blood sugar (dizziness, headaches, in very severe cases trouble breathing from hypoglycaemia)
Old 14-07-2012, 00:18
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 587, Level: 3 Points: 587, Level: 3 Points: 587, Level: 3
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar420 View Post
Hey does anyone know how to tell the difference between a real meth od and lightheadedness from low blood sugar? Seems to me alot of these symptoms could be explained by low blood sugar (dizziness, headaches, in very severe cases trouble breathing from hypoglycaemia)
I think at this point were arguing semantics. Let's reinterpret the question as such:

Can you suffer a life threatening or potentially injurious episode from smoking meth?

Whether or not the symptoms experienced are the result of acute intoxication or a complication resulting from the side effects of too much meth, life threatening is life threatening. Whether or not the cause is low blood sugar or the actual effect of too much meth in the system should not be a concern to someone experiencing any of the above symptoms mentioned as warning signs.

You have brought up a good point, but as stated earlier an OD can be interpreted as simply puking from sniffing or shooting too much cocaine. The onset of unusual or unexpected symptoms can by definition be called an OD. Low blood sugar could also be considered a symptom of a meth overdose, and we're you to die from such an episode you would probably be considered by the coroner as having died of a meth overdose.
Old 16-07-2012, 15:42
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
supercruel27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Being as I've experienced both, I'm quite comfortable explaining the difference. first of all, low blood sugar will hit you pretty quick. You'll get cold and clammy skin, it'll sound like everything is underwater and you're vision may black out totally or partially. Hypoglycemia is a condition, related to diabetes, which means your body has a hard time relegating its insulin and sugars.

Overdosing is, from my experience, quite the opposite. It was long and drawn out, and most likely exacerbated by the the panic attack I was having because I was SURE the feds were after me (they weren't) and ALL my friends and family wanted me dead (probably just some). Its funny, I never had any chest pain but reality became insanely distorted for about an hour time period. By that I mean I felt like I was living on the set of VR Troopers and was Tim Curry. (If you dont know what that show is, check yo'self and look it up on wikipedia, haha, I'm fucking old.) Then, as I was sitting waiting for my roomie because I tossed my key into a bush somewhere, I collapsed off the chair I was sitting. I know its cliche, but imagine the seen from trainspotting (which I hadnt seen at that point in my young life) and thats whhat it felt like. My roommate found me, called the medics, and after I literally died for a minute they revived me.

Meth is a very rough drug, and I would recommend that anyone who uses it (especially you younger kids) learn that more is NOT in fact more. Don't over do it, enjoy it for what it is and don't live up to stereotypes. I hope my experiences help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar420 View Post

Thanks for sharing your trainspotting experiences
A good example of learning from others we can only hope
Old 28-09-2012, 21:58

32 y/o Male from United States
mib915 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Colonel Sanders told me he keeps a jar of Cayenne Pepper in his pocket every time he wants to party like a rock star. If something doesn't look/feel right, a spoonful on the tongue can keep you from becoming the devil's houseguest and bring you back from the dead until the paramedics arrive. Humans have been using it since the dawn of time and there's a reason they call it "God's Nitroglycerin....

Dangerous, if not deadly "advice". Cayenne Pepper is not an antidote to any form of OD.
this advice does have some merit to it. Capsaicin does speed up the heart and keep it going. but you have to be very careful, or youll speed up the heart too much while already on speed. can cause issues on its own if not used wisely.
Old 08-10-2012, 16:18

32 y/o Male from United States
mib915 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib915 View Post
Colonel Sanders told me he keeps a jar of Cayenne Pepper in his pocket every time he wants to party like a rock star. If something doesn't look/feel right, a spoonful on the tongue can keep you from becoming the devil's houseguest and bring you back from the dead until the paramedics arrive. Humans have been using it since the dawn of time and there's a reason they call it "God's Nitroglycerin....

To the idiot that gave me negative feedback. Get your study on, dummy:

Research has now demonstrated that by using cayenne on the skin can also halt a heart attack.

University of Cincinnati researchers have surmised that a ordinary over-the-counter pain salve which contains capsaicin, which when rubbed on the skin during a heart attack possibly acts as a cardiac protectant which can decrease and even stop damage to the heart. Researchers had discovered that 85% decrease in cardiac cell death had occurred when capsaicin was applied. Dr. Keith Jones, PhD, and researcher in the university's department of pharmacology and cell biophysics, states that the capsaicin was the strongest cardioprotective reaction ever recorded.

Dr. Jones and associate researchers had applied capsaicin to particular skin areas in mice which caused responses in the nervous system. Expressly in sensory nerves of the skin that were set off to activate what scientists refer to as cellular "pro-survival" pathways in the heart. The findings had shown that the heart muscle was guarded from injury.

Researchers also had discovered that by making a tiny incision in the stomach area of the lab rodents, it had set off an 81% decrease in death of heart cells. Dr. Jones summarizes that this event along with the capsaicin have demonstrated to work by way of similar mechanisms. This type of distant cardioprotection, by using the skin impulse to set off cardioprotection a long time prior to the blocked artery opening.

According to Dr. Jones in a media statement, capsaicin in topical form has no known side effects and can be easily applied to patients in an ambulance or emergency room way ahead of time of coronary tissue death. This therapy holds great possibility for the reduction of injury and/or death of the event of coronary blockage. This reduces the amount of damage from a heart attack.

Researchers believe capsaicin acts much like acupuncture treatments work on a neurological basis.

Cayenne's curing abilities

In another heart attack incident, a 90 year old man from Oregon had a severe heart attack. His daughter had given him cayenne extract under the tongue. Medical staff had pronounced the man dead. However, within a couple of minutes he had regained consciousness. In the ambulance on the way to the hospital he had remained semi-conscious and his daughter kept administering the extract to her father. When they had reached the hospital, he was fully recovered and wanted to go home to actually cut his grass. The physician had inquired of the daughter what she had given her father. He noted it was the nearest thing to a miracle he has ever seen.

Capsaicin is noted as being diverse in its ability to heighten circulation and heart action. Capsaicin produces numerous beneficial actions for the entire cardiovascular system. It holds amazing ability to heighten performance of the cardiovascular system while it decreases blood pressure. It produces an empowering effect on the entire system. By tradition it has been used for chronic fatigue and reinstating stamina and vigor.

Dr. Christopher recommends a couple droppers full of the extract if you feel a heart attack is occurring. If the capsaicin does not, work the nitroglycerine will not work either.

If a heart attack should happen, the suggestion is to use a teaspoon of extract every fifteen minutes or a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of hot water. Take every fifteen minutes till you feel it has passed.

Cayenne performs basically as a drug which opens arteries to let vital blood flow to heart.

Cayenne halts blood clots from developing due to it's action on blood platelet collection. The anticoagulant action is part of the association between cayenne and the heart health, which is obtained all naturally and does not have any negative side effects.

ARUNLAKSHANA O, SCHILD HO. Some quantitative uses of drug antagonists. Br J Pharmacol Chemother. 1959 Mar;14(1):48–58. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
Buck SH, Burks TF. The neuropharmacology of capsaicin: review of some recent observations. Pharmacol Rev. 1986 Sep;38(3):179–226. [PubMed]
Castle NA. Differential inhibition of potassium currents in rat ventricular myocytes by capsaicin. Cardiovasc Res. 1992 Nov;26(11):1137–1144. [PubMed]
Chahl LA, Lynch AM. The acute effects of capsaicin on the cardiovascular system. Acta Physiol Hung. 1987;69(3-4):413–419. [PubMed]
Chen IJ, Yeh JL, Liou SJ, Shen AY. Guaiacoxypropanolamine derivatives of capsaicin: a new family of beta-adrenoceptor blockers with intrinsic cardiotonic properties. J Med Chem. 1994 Apr 1;37(7):938–943. [PubMed]
Chen IJ, Liou SJ, Liou SS, Lin CN. Xanthonolol: a calcium channel and beta-adrenoceptor blocker with vasodilating properties. Gen Pharmacol. 1993 Nov;24(6):1425–1433. [PubMed]
Clark BJ, Menninger K, Bertholet A. Pindolol--the pharmacology of a partial agonist. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1982;13(Suppl 2):149S–158S. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
D'Alonzo AJ, Grover GJ, Darbenzio RB, Hess TA, Sleph PG, Dzwonczyk S, Zhu JL, Sewter JC. In vitro effects of capsaicin: antiarrhythmic and antiischemic activity. Eur J Pharmacol. 1995 Jan 16;272(2-3):269–278. [PubMed]
Donnerer J, Lembeck F. Analysis of the effects of intravenously injected capsaicin in the rat. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1982 Jul;320(1):54–57. [PubMed]
Franco-Cereceda A, Lundberg JM, Saria A, Schreibmayer W, Tritthart HA. Calcitonin gene-related peptide: release by capsaicin and prolongation of the action potential in the guinea-pig heart. Acta Physiol Scand. 1988 Feb;132(2):181–190. [PubMed]
Franco-Cereceda A, Saria A, Lundberg JM. Differential release of calcitonin gene-related peptide and neuropeptide Y from the isolated heart by capsaicin, ischaemia, nicotine, bradykinin and ouabain. Acta Physiol Scand. 1989 Feb;135(2):173–187. [PubMed]
Gennari C, Nami R, Agnusdei D, Fischer JA. Improved cardiac performance with human calcitonin gene related peptide in patients with congestive heart failure. Cardiovasc Res. 1990 Mar;24(3):239–241. [PubMed]
Himori N, Ishimori T, Shiratsuchi K, Tsuneda K, Izumi A. Role of beta 2-adrenoceptor blockade and circulating adrenaline level for the pressor responses to beta-adrenoceptor blocking drugs in rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1984 Apr;325(4):314–319. [PubMed]
Holzer P. Capsaicin: cellular targets, mechanisms of action, and selectivity for thin sensory neurons. Pharmacol Rev. 1991 Jun;43(2):143–201. [PubMed]
Lo YC, Yeh JL, Wu JR, Yang JM, Chen SJ, Chen IJ. Autonomic and sensory cardiovascular activities of nonivamide: intrathecal administration of clonidine. Brain Res Bull. 1994;35(1):15–22. [PubMed]
Lo YC, Wu SN, Wu JR, Chen IJ. Effect of capsaicin on membrane currents in cultured vascular smooth muscle cells of rat aorta. Eur J Pharmacol. 1995 Mar 16;292(3-4):321–328. [PubMed]
O'Donnell SR, Wanstall JC. The importance of choice of agonist in studies designed to predict beta 2 : beta 1 adrenoceptor selectivity of antagonists from pA2 values on guinea-pig trachea and atria. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1979 Sep;308(3):183–190. [PubMed]
Ohmura T, Nishio M, Kigoshi S, Muramatsu I. Electrophysiological and mechanical effects of calcitonin gene-related peptide on guinea-pig atria. Br J Pharmacol. 1990 May;100(1):27–30. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
Sekiya A, Yamamoto J, Maekawa H. Cardiovascular action of propranolol in rats under various anesthetic procedures. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1974 Dec;24(6):879–883. [PubMed]
Wu BN, Yang CR, Yang JM, Chen IJ. A new beta-adrenoceptor blocking agent derived from dehydrozingerone. Gen Pharmacol. 1994 Jul;25(4):651–659. [PubMed]
Wu BN, Hwang TL, Liao CF, Chen IJ. Vaninolol: a new selective beta 1-adrenoceptor antagonist derived from vanillin. Biochem Pharmacol. 1994 Jul 5;48(1):101–109. [PubMed]
Yeh JL, Lo YC, Wang Y, Chen IJ. Cardiovascular interactions of nonivamide, glyceryl nonivamide, capsaicin analogues, and substance P antagonist in rats. Brain Res Bull. 1993;30(5-6):641–648. [PubMed]

Flaming and rep discussion are both against the rules.
unnecessarily rude, flaming
Old 30-10-2012, 18:28

Female from United States
chiefyjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

you have to really be trying to overdose. it is rare to OD on meth from smoking, it usually happens when you inject.
Old 30-10-2012, 19:16
Hippiedave82 Hippiedave82 is nu online
Silver Member

Male from USA - Texas
Hippiedave82 is a decent psychonaut.Hippiedave82 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 297, Level: 2 Points: 297, Level: 2 Points: 297, Level: 2

Hah lesson learned. i guess i had just gotten a little to excited. I would remove the post but can not figure out how. if someone could educate me i will remove it. Right now i can barely function. And i cant figure it out.

Off-topic. And discussion of rep is not allowed.

Last edited by Hippiedave82; 31-10-2012 at 13:05. Reason: My post was not adding to the thread. And rep discussion is not allowed
Old 16-02-2013, 10:46

20 y/o Male from Earth
FriendOfAnotherFriend should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Increased of heart rate, blood pressure, excessive sweating, very high temperature / body heat, Highly diluted pupils, i personally experienced it awhile ago.

If this happens to you or your friend, i usually go take a very cold shower, drink plenty of water. If the symptoms get worse, quickly rush to the hospital / doctor with NO hesitation.
Old 17-02-2013, 06:48
Banned

32 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

When I used to smoke there were a few times my heart started to race, once that happened I took a break until my heart slowed way down. There are warning signs that you have to watch for. I have never chain smoked meth aside from the first initial hits of the session. I'm sure that could be the main cuplrit in a smoking overdose. One time I threw up from smoking too much when I had to go to work on it many years ago. That was really shitty.
Old 17-02-2013, 07:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 1,952, Level: 6 Points: 1,952, Level: 6 Points: 1,952, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

^ Posters from http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...=meth+overdose this thread #3-5 and a few others might have some more information.

Stimulants with the given ROA description, can lead to stroke, lung issues and other fatal instances.. And as one poster said, "a delayed body response from habitual use could be a factor.. if you're experiencing symptoms pls do go to urgent care or the er."

*See harm reduction details and drug information re: meth for more info.

Note: panic attacks, anxiety and other symptoms do mimic those same pre-cursors so the bottom line is not to go overboard. Be safe.. Eat, hydrate, and sleep.

Share this on:

Tags
methamphetamine