Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 06-04-2012, 23:54

23 y/o Male from United States
SolEvil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Will 1.5mg of Xanax be enough?

I have 3quarters of a xanax bar, or 1.5mg. I weigh 135lbs and have no tolerance. I want to get pretty high since I haven't had any xanax in a long time. I don't know if its enough to get me where I want to be, so I was considering taking a small amount of alcohol with it. I know its generally a bad idea to mix the two and have never tried myself but I am pretty tempted to.

I also took a 15mg IR morphine an hour ago, will this have any negative effects on my high?
Old 06-04-2012, 23:58

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Re: Will 1.5mg of Xanax be enough?

Im not sure about the morphine or alcohol, but 1.5mg of xanax will definitely make you feel drunk like, and probably sleepy. If its a small amount of alcohol i think you'd be okay, maybe 1 or 2 drinks at most. Use the search engine
Old 07-04-2012, 00:16
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6

Woah now, mixing benzos and opiates is risky, adding alcohol into the equation is even worse!!

Negative effects from that combination are respiratory depression, and at worst, death. There is someleeway combining those drugs, but dont risk it.

Just enjoy the morphine tonight (albeit a small dose) and crack on with the xanax tomorrow or something. 1.5mg would be very pleasing indeed.
Old 07-04-2012, 00:31
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,000, Level: 4 Points: 1,000, Level: 4 Points: 1,000, Level: 4
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Try taking 1mg and wait an hour and see how you feel, then if 1mg isnt doing much take the remainder.
Try and skip the alcohol for this one - the combination of alcohol and benzos is notoriously deadly and you'll be highly prone to blacking out, which you definetly do not want to do. Its a risk not worth taking to go 'just a little bit farther'. Throwing opiates to the mix is a recipe for disaster.
Try and space the dosing of the xanax as far as possible from the morphone dose - preferably 4-10 hours.
Be safe.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the info on what to do about the morphine
Old 07-04-2012, 00:43

Yeah it's a pretty low dose, I mostly just took the morphine to calm myself down, not really to get high. But now that I think about it the xanax would have done a much better job of that.

The morphine was an IR pill also, and I insulfated it. I plan on taking the xanax in a few hours and I doubt the effects of the morphine will linger that long, but I ask because I rather be safe than sorry. I also have a pretty high threshold when it comes to drugs, I can handle my high much better than most people I know.

Anyway, I read a few threads using the search engine and have another question I couldn't find in the other threads.

If I take the 1.5mg and about an hour later once I start peaking decide it's not enough and take a drink will it be too late for it to increase the effects?
Old 07-04-2012, 00:51
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6

The best thing I found about xanax is it kicks in very quickly (within 5 minutes depending on last meal etc), so if your adamant about mixing the drugs just start off with 0.5mg, and slowly work it up.

I once had dihydrocodeine (120mg with tolerance) and xanax (0.5mg - first time trying), and boy was I in a state. Like you said I consider myself to be able to "handle my drugs better than others", yet this still had me thinking "wow!". A friend was with me at the time who also indulged in the same combination, his body mass was at least 50% more than mine, and he was much more inebriated.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice on spacing the xanax and alcohol
Old 07-04-2012, 01:03

Thats similar to my first time taking xanax. I took a bar and 40mg of hydro, hardly any tolerance. I had read up extensively on mixing both and decided, if nothing else, I wouldn't die at least. I was messed up beyond anything I had done before that point. When I started coming down I took a soma and 2 perks, not a good idea looking back, mixing all those drugs.

I will take your advice and space out my dose and decide later if the alcohol would be a good idea once i'm peaking.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:10
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
kitsunedemon is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

If you aren't a regularly user then i would recommend taking 1mg to get high, and then 0.5mg sublingually an hour or two afterwards, that'll really give you the Xanax rush.

As for extra CNS depression with Alcohol, I wouldn't recommend as reiterated by others. But if you use Weed (which is actually a CNS stimulant) I've found a really niced chilled out synergy. The Xanax may just make you nod and feel the morphine, as I find you feel Opi's more when potentiating with Benzos.

Personally I'm more so tolerant to Benzos but have a slight tolerance to Dihydrocodeine. My favourite mix is Dihydrocodeine (160-240mg) with Xanax (1-2mg) and a couple of joints.

I took Promethazine (25mg) once with Dihydrocodeine 200mg and 1mg of Xanax coz I was worried about mixing three CNS Depressants, and I was REALLY high. Nodding out a lot, and Promethazine has antiemetic effects being a 1st gen Anti Histamine which is known to potentiate Dihydrocodeine and Codeine.

Last edited by kitsunedemon; 07-04-2012 at 17:09. Reason: typo on dosage, definately not 5mg!!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22

Male from Australia
izerr is an unknown quantity at this point

1.5mg is pretty big if you have no tolerance. You will get pretty high, probably just take half and see how you go. Don't drink as you can tell from the posts, sometimes people tend to black out. happy benzoing

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, dose advice, morphine, xanax