Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Other drug addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Other drug addiction Support for coping with recovery & addiction on other drugs.

Old 03-04-2012, 21:20
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
alkal0id is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Phenibut withdrawal - How long does it last?

I've been on high doses (2-4g) of phenibut for 3 weeks now. On week 2, I used zopiclone to quit cold turkey so I was off the phenibut for about a week before my latest 5 day binge. This time I just quit cold turkey and the first night was horrible, couldn't sleep at all so I went to doctor and got a 2 week prescription for zolpidem as a sleep aid. Its day 3 now and I've used up 90% of the zolpidem already. It got me through day 2 and most of day 3 so I don't regret using so much but how much longer is this w/d gonna last?

alkal0id added 167 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Zolpidem has crazy effects on me. It supposedly has a very short half life yet it knocks me out for 12+ hours straight. This morning I woke up after sleeping 14 hours. This is while I was still withdrawing from phenibut. Last time I w/d from phenibut, I used zopiclone instead and I could only sleep for 2-3 hours so have to redose multiple times throughout the night. On top of that, it was very uncomfortable, restless sleep. On zolpidem I'm totally relaxed throughout the whole sleep.

Last edited by alkal0id; 03-04-2012 at 21:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2012, 13:06
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Phenibut withdrawal - How long does it last?

Uh not sure from that amount. It's harsh WD though and you get dependency quicker than with benzos. Depends how many times you've been addicted to gaba-b agonists as well.
Generally 5-7 days. Irritation and insomnia are the biggest factors at least from short term use. I never experienced anxiety. Chances are you don't have too many daytime symptoms that bother you so.. just quit.

I have a lot of experience with phenibut and I advise everyone to not mess around with it. The WD's get worse every time and the tolerance becomes completely randomized so you can never dose accurately. Mood swings. You'll probably have sleep disturbances, conditioned yourself to sleep with zopiclone/phenibut for the past month. Only thing to do is to lay there, suck it up for a few days. Don't go back on some small dose phenibut cause you can't sleep etc. Everytime you add days with this shit it only gets worse in the end.

It's good ONLY for once a week (note cross tolerance with alcohol)
Old 04-04-2012, 20:11
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Earth

I've been depressed all day so I do have bothersome daytime symptoms. I understand now why phenibut isn't banned. It actually is a very dangerous substance and the negative aspects pretty heavily outweigh the positive effects. The anti drug freaks would love a drug like this because they could use it to promote their drugs can only lead to bad things ideology. Because of these mindless bastards I can't get some baclofen to make this w/d a bit more bearable and be able to function for my job interview on Friday. Fuck the government, fuck the cartels and fuck every other soulless parasite that benefits from the suffering of mankind.

alkal0id added 24 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

EDIT: lol, I'm having one of these brief lapses in w/d symptoms (I get about 15 minutes of relief every 3 hours or so which is definitely better than nothing) so I was being a bit dramatic in my previous reply. It is what it is. Maybe things are the way they are for a reason. The profoundly harsh life experiences seem to be what catalyse use to evolve spiritually and mentally and that just may be what we're in this life thing for so theres nothing to complain about. One thing I'm wondering though is do the symptoms lesson in intensity with each day? I have a job interview on Friday so I'm hoping i'll be in better condition by then.

alkal0id added 103 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

EDIT2: Holy shit, I think I'm through it. It came pretty abruptly, when I made the last reply I thought I was in one of those 15 minute lapses but it turns out it wasn't temporary. The depression has been gradually fading. My head feels like its being crushed in a vice and I have a stabbing pain in my chest but a bit of physical pain is fun compared to mental dysphoria. Probably the contrast but I'm starting to feel euphoric now.

Last edited by alkal0id; 04-04-2012 at 20:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2012, 00:28
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.

You're thinking too much. Last thing to do during wd is to analyse life.

Secondly... Why on earth are you going to take baclofen to ease phenibut wd?
Its pretty much the same drug except baclofen creates more anxiety from my experience... They're completely cross tolerant so that would be very foolish. You'd just lengthen and worsen your wd (both are GABA b agonist- except baclofen lasts a lot shorter an you get quicker interdose wd).. Ur basically saying ur gonna take Xanax to ease ur benzo wd. You haven't been using long enough to warrant a taper. Just stop thinking and wait it out.

Phenibut is a nice drug for once a week type things. If you don't have the discipline stay away. The WD's are awful and time stands still while you suffer discomfort way out of proportion to time taken And pleasure experienced.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Earth

Tolerance to baclofen doesn't build up rapidly like phenibut. SWIMs no longer depressed but can't sleep at all. He downed about 5 shots of whiskey last night (never felt so good to get drunk) but only slept 2-3 hours. Its 6:30 in the morning now and he has a job interview tomorrow morning so hes trying to figure out how to get some sleep before it.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:13
Gold Member

Male from Ireland

Tolerance doesn't build AS rapidly. It's still quite rapid and it's more potent in it's effects, last way SHORTER.. which makes it WORSE for replacing phenibut. If you're switching to a different substance to deal with withdrawal- you want something that 1) lasts longer/half-life 2) is milder in it's effects. Baclofen is the opposite, so you're just ramping up your usage thinking of going on baclofen. Have you ever used baclofen? I've as much experience with baclo and phenibut.

5 shots of whiskey? really just extending your WD and insomnia symptoms.

Anyways I will stop adding to this discussion, seems rather pointless and thankless.
All I can say is stop taking GABA-b agonists. You've been on them for a short time, each dose you take extends and makes things worse. around day 5-7 sleep picks up again/

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Earth

No I've never tried baclofen. I just read that its prescribed to people for GHB addiction. I see your point. If I'm not mistaken, alcohol is a GABA A agonist though, it has minimal GABA-b activity.

alkal0id added 7 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

EDIT: Ah shit, I was mistaken. Alcohol does have GABA-b activity since it exhibits cross tolerance with GHB. I deeply regret drinking now. It didn't really help at all. Don't know what the hell I'm gonna do for this interview tomorrow. Maybe I'll be so sleep deprived by tonight that I will just fall asleep. The body can't stay awake forever. Thanks for the info. I would have never done phenibut if I knew I was in for a 5-7 day withdrawal, this is insane. Its been 5 days since my last dose so I shouldn't have too much longer to go. How many times have you gone through phenibut withdrawal?

alkal0id added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

EDIT2: Have you ever tried opioids to help sleep during phenibut w/d?

Last edited by alkal0id; 05-04-2012 at 11:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55
Banned

Male from Estonia
shauni needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Not sure if helps. But harsh and a lot of pure peppermint tea can maybe help to calm down and by that help to put you sleep?
It is natural and so it isn´t really strong. But still worth of trying.
On the second hand i would have recommended zopiclones but yeah, you just wrote about them.
Good luck!
Old 01-07-2013, 00:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
idontknowhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Not sure if it's okay to bump this thread but it seems pretty relevant and important to me to post this on a phenibut thread:

I just used this stuff 3 days in a row about a week and a half ago, dosing absurd amounts, let me explain why, I live in a recovery house for mandated drug addicts who got me to try some, i just though it would make me relax, loose, and more social, well it did all that and quite a bit more. Way too much more.

I took it with caffeine and rhodiola to boost its' stimulant effect, but I had no idea what other effects I was in for. The first 3 days just made me want to have some beer b/c the effects were not enough for my 'party animal' tastes.

The amount taken the first time was like 2grams. The 2nd day was twice that, and the 3rd day about one gram. Not really any more effects than a buzz. I waited about 2 or 3 days to do the recommended wash out, but after those couple days they got more (they don't wash out here) and dosed me heavy about 10 oversized scoops from Prima Force powder (way stronger for intoxicant effects than Liftmode although people say Liftmode is much purer). Same thing I drank a couple beers b/c it just didn't seem like it was enough to get me high by itself, but pretty close. The 2nd day the same thing and same amount, and that night is when it happened. I started either rolling my brains out, having flashbacks of lsd and other trips but these flashbacks were so much harder than the actual trips, to the point of mass delusions, which I didn't realize until I started coming down 2 nights ago, I feel kind of out of it still. I've been meditating and trying to exercise and eat well.

I think I am slowly getting better but do any experienced users have any advice to help me feel better? Just wait day by day? Try to sleep if I can? I don't have anything to help with that but I slept like a rock last night, just felt like shit this morning, and borderline delusional today but it is lessening.

Obviously I will not be using it again, and totally underestimated it. I'm not sure how these people here do such absurd amounts so frequently to be honest.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 00:53
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Earth

Phenibut is a weird drug. The last time I did it, I did for 2 days after a 3 week break, then ended up with severe anxiety and depression for 3 weeks. Never experienced anything like that with any other substance before.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
idontknowhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

I guess I should consider myself lucky then, and not to take this lesson lightly.
Old 01-07-2013, 15:25
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Earth

I should mention though that I had used high doses of phenibut on and off for months before this happened. The lesson I learned is not to abuse substances, and treat all drugs with respect and caution. Never use any drug daily for an extended period of time.
Old 20-12-2013, 20:29

23 y/o Male from Ireland
InterDimensional is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I took phenibut at doses of 1.5-2.5g every day for 2 months and quit cold turkey 8 days ago.
The first 4 days where complete agony, I had extremely bad anxiety, insomnia, muscle spasms, hallucinations, and a heart that beated profusely non stop for 5 days.
I did not get a wink of sleep until day 5.
This was the worst experience of my life so far and I beg people reading this to be careful with this substance.
It made me social and able to perform well in college, it was really a wonder drug for the first month but I should have known it there had to be a price to pay for all of this pleasantness
I also noticed a dull pain in my right kidney for the last month every day although it had gone away since I quit.
I am hoping that by day 10 I am completely better because now at day 8 I am still feeling some anxiety although it is very bearable and feels like heaven compared to the earlier part of the week.
It does feel fantastic to kick a habit

Share this on:

Tags
phenibut