Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 31-03-2012, 03:41

Female from USA - California
daddy issues is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
[re]Crystallized meth in lungs a possibility?

hi, I was an idiot and thought you should hold it in as long as you could so I guess my lungs are fucked up because of that, also because I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 15 and pot since I was 17. I don't tweak anymore but i want my lungs to feel better so that it doesn't make me feel so shitty to smoke pot/cigarettes. I have chronic bronchitis and I used to have really bad asthma. I don't know if you can help me but it would be nice if you could try

tldr: is there any way to clean out my lungs because there is probably a bunch of shit in them

Old 31-03-2012, 04:28
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Australia
iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: [re]Crystallized meth in lungs a possibility?

Welcome to Drugs Forum!

Firstly, methamphetamine doesn't re-crystallise in peoples lungs.
Secondary to that, the absolute best thing you can do is quit the cigarettes, given you have a history of chronic lung conditions.

Are you still being treated for asthma?
Perhaps you need to be reassessed either way, sometimes asthma can be affected by the weather, or your environment, or foods amongst other things, but the condition is difficult to manage when smoking is involved.
You may need to try a different inhaler, ASAP.
Steroids may also be prescribed.

You can try room humidifiers, they can be used 24hrs a day if necessary.
Humidifiers will alleviate some of the heaviness and congestion in your lungs.

Ultimately the only way to get your lungs back into a reasonable condition is to atleast cut down on your smoking or quit, even after quitting the lungs take time to rid themselves of all the byproducts.

My advice would be to consider seeing your dr and have an asthma check, then if it's not asthma related you can try alternatives.
There isn't really another option until you know for certain what you are dealing with.
Asthma can be controlled, but it can also be fatal if unmanaged.

Also,
Look into alternative methods of ingesting marijuana, in order to give your lungs a break. (edibles/vaporiser)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well handled, informative
Very complete, thorough answer. What more could you ask for?

Last edited by iceflame; 31-03-2012 at 04:35. Reason: Also...
Old 31-03-2012, 04:32

Female from USA - California
daddy issues is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

oh i read somewhere else on this site that it would recrystallize in your lungs if held in too long, but maybe that was just a troll

I don't have a doctor, I hate doctors, but I will cut back on the smoking

thank you for your reply.
Old 31-03-2012, 04:45
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Australia
iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I know which thread you are talking about, not a troll just a myth.
Re-read the thread hunny...just so you don't freak yourself out unnecessarily.

Are you taking anything for your asthma?
Old 31-03-2012, 06:22

21 y/o Female from United States
crushedice should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

hit the gym dude and chill in the steam room....it hella works, cleans out ur pores, opens ur trachea, cleans up the lungs, totally makes u feel better. room humidifiers would work too, but something about the steam room,... couple times a week should be good.

DEFINETLY QUIT the stogies man, ur never guna cleanse while still smoking nicotine. almost as bad as meth..

drink lots of water.
and green tea =]
Old 31-03-2012, 06:32
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

Smoked meth recrystallizing in the lungs is just another tweeker urban legend that keeps getting passed on to others when they take up the pipe. It can seem plausible, so a closer look is in order.

First consider that crystallization occurs during the transition from liquid to solid phase. Meth needs to be over 170C to melt into a liquid, and you can be sure getting any kind of 170C liquid in your lungs would cause a lot more problems (if it were survivable at all) than crystallization.

Now think for a moment about why it is you never want to exhale though a pipe that has some resin buildup... If you're not sure why, try exhaling through a cloudy pipe and you'll be saying "Dude, where's my resin?" as it's dissolved by the moisture in your breath. That same moist air is always in your lungs.

Of course smoking meth isn't good for your lungs and can certainly cause problems, but the vapors crystallizing on your bronchioles isn't one of them.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Damn good response, closer look!
excellent thoughtful and sensible answer
Old 31-03-2012, 09:05
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
whatsmynameagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

actually, i went to the doc for a lung infection years ago and she told me that the dope may "harden" in your lungs, and you may spit it up for a while. (i have this problem too, i call it lung butter) however she was refering to crank, as this was just before crystal became popular.

it clears up after you stop smoking it for a while
Old 31-03-2012, 09:34
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

It doesn't re-crystallise in your lungs, however, in my personal experience (also had asthma before beginning to smoke, but smoked nothing else in the years before, but pot), holding it really did fuck up my lungs.
I'd never had Bronchitis, but a week after trying out the holding it in idea, I developed Bronchitis, I believe from the exposure to chemicals, aka Chemical Bronchitis.

For my asthma, I've been prescribed both a rescue inhaler (which I use 100 more times than the recommended dose), and a steroid inhaler, Asmanaex Twisthaler, which is not a rescue inhaler, but a long term treatment.

When I developed Bronchitis I began taking Bronkaid, an otc drug that was recommended for Bronchitis and sufferers of long-term asthma. The main ingredient, though, was ephedrine, a bronchodilator, but if you are already smoking meth, I wouldn't suggest mixing any other meds that will shoot your blood pressure up.

I was given two herbal supplements by a hippy family member that were absolutely amazing!! One of them was Astragulas. Astragalus is a well known immune enhancing herb. It is widely used in the Chinese traditional medicine and is known as anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Polysaccharides in this plant are immune enhancing. Seriously, look this one up, you will definitely want to try it!
The other supplement I will have to find out the name of, if you are serious about trying it.

Lastly, keep up on your antibiotics!

MisMonroe added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsmynameagain View Post
it clears up after you stop smoking it for a while
Yep, when I went to basic, I coughed up shit nearly the whole time. After about 2 month it was down to every so often, and by the 3rd, I rarely coughed anything up.

Last edited by MisMonroe; 31-03-2012 at 09:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-03-2012, 09:55
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Reason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way upReason4rhyme is on the way up
Points: 568, Level: 3 Points: 568, Level: 3 Points: 568, Level: 3
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

If SWIY tries to keep SWIYour smoking to a minimum, even if this only means holding you cigarette drags for a second less and keeping the pot to once a day or every other day, this won't make the problems *go away* but I would beth that any minimization of carcinogenic smoke inhalation can only help. Good luck and feel better.

-reason4rhyme
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49
Silver Member

Female from Australia
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%

I smoke a lot of meth. And hold it in sometimes. My chest feels weird especially after a night of smoking, and it just feels really weird I can't explain it. And its hard to breathe sometimes. I guess thats just the effects of smoking the harsh chemicals. The best thing to do would be to cut down or use a different method of administration.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20

31 y/o Male from USA - Indiana
tallhood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Would like to meet o.p. If ur smoking meth ur probably not a health freak anyway esp if u ingest tobacco tars on ur lungs so who cares. I dont like smoking it anyway except for hotrails but ive always thought what is difference between holding in a few hits compared to several micro hits? If ur not holding it in ur just wasting it imo
Old 02-04-2012, 01:28
Silver Member

31 y/o Female from United States
Aveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I always hold it in. My husband says if you blow out a lot of smoke you're wasting it lol. My chest feels tight after a few days of smoking but I have Advair that takes care of that.

I used to smoke ciggs and have asthma because of it. It's easy to get a prescription for an inhaler. Don't be afraid to go to a doctor. Just tell them you can't breath.

Share this on:

Tags
lungenfunktion, meth, methamphetamine