Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Tryptamines Tryptamines and indoles.

Old 30-03-2012, 20:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
aztech_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
5-MeO-MIPT avoding the come up (trip part)

Is it possible to avoid / lessen the trip part of this RC? The sexual portion (after the tripping subsides) is great and is that And that is what the SWIM is chasing. Last time the experience was not that good on the come up /tripping portion - afterwards it was fine.

Was hoping someone can help guide SWIM ways to reduce the effects during coming up.

Below is SWIM's only experience with this

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=175611

Hoping to measure 5mg and then dissolve in water and then use 1/5th or 1/4th at the most this time around (based on previous experience) unless there are ways to reduce the come up portion of the trip.

Thanks for any pointers....
Old 02-04-2012, 22:16
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 5-MEO-MIPT avoding the come up (trip part)

After reading this thread and your other thread you linked to, I have to ask if you are certain that you have 5-MEO-MIPT because it sounds an awful lot like effects you get from 5-MEO-AMT?

Some users report not having that much of a body load on the come up and tripping part doesn't really start until the last 1/2 of the experience (about 2-3hrs in). The first 1/2 of the experience is kind of like a speedy, MDMAish effect.

Are you certain that you have 5-MEO-MIPT or maybe it's possible that you dosed to high as in your other thread you mentioned that "Measuing 5mg for them was callenge"?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:13
Silver Member

Male from United States

no way to confirm of what the RC is, came from an online vendor and was double confirmed from them to be mipt.

The amount was not eyeballed - it was measures on a 0.001 gram scale, so even if it is off by few miligrams, 5mg cannot become 50mg. It may have gotten to be 7, 8, 10 but should not be any more. For a virgin user of tryptamines may be this thing is too much at that dosage.

The next experiment can be to measure again 5mg or so but to dilute it so much that no more than 1-2 mg would be consumed.

But is there a way to reduce the come up - would 0.5mg Xanax help?

Last edited by Phenoxide; 04-04-2012 at 12:48.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:07
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2 Points: 348, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Well I guess that was my point. 5mg shouldn't really have a rough come-up. Maybe the drug just doesn't agree with your body.

I can't recommend taking Xanax on top of a psychedelic because I feel that it takes away (dampens) from the experience.

If you are sure that its 5-MEO-MIPT, maybe the better approach would be to start at 1-2mg and titrate up a mg at a time on subsequent trips to find your comfort zone.

Your reaction to the drug at a 5mg level doesn't really 'jive' with other peoples experiences but, of course, everyone is different.

Best of luck in your research.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:13
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.
Points: 2,272, Level: 7 Points: 2,272, Level: 7 Points: 2,272, Level: 7
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

I personally, feel different about alprazolam and tripping.. the come up is usually synonomous with anxiety.. given benzo's, especially xanax, are fast acting, and effects seem to drop off within an hour or two (however lingers in the body for days, ie half life) it would seem like a little xanax would be perfect for this sort of scenario.

I am not advocating you do this, I am just saying, the puzzle pieces fit.
Old 04-04-2012, 17:15
Silver Member

Male from United States

ellisd - the friends are really not interested in the trip part, only the afterglow is what they are after. So really if Xanax dampens the trip part, no issues there - in fact it would be awesome if the subject can sleep thru that part (coming up part) and can enjoy the after glow that they are chasing. Based on past, the first 3 hours were tough, it was OK from there on.
Old 04-04-2012, 17:37
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,788, Level: 12 Points: 7,788, Level: 12 Points: 7,788, Level: 12
Activity: 8.6% Activity: 8.6% Activity: 8.6%

First of all, measuring 5mg on a scale that measures to 0.001g (assuming it does in fact do so accurately, which if it is cheap I assure you it does not - I have yet to see a scale under $300 that accurately measures anything under 10mg to 1mg accuracy) is not a very reliable means of measurement. Using volumetric measurement will make the experiences more reliable.

Second, it sounds like 5-MeO-MIPT might not be the best drug for your purposes. If you are seeking sexual/erotic enhancement, there are many other drugs that will succeed in this without providing a psychedelic experience. In the end, 5-MeO-MIPT is a psychedelic drug, and you are basically asking how to take a psychedelic drug without any psychedelic effects. This would be like asking how to take a sedative but not feel sedated - it simply doesn't make sense.
Old 04-04-2012, 17:41
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,489, Level: 19 Points: 18,489, Level: 19 Points: 18,489, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Didn't you see the sign on the door? The one that says
Quote:
Magick Theater
For Mad Men Only
Price of Admission:
Your Mind
You need to pay your dues. If you want the effect of a drug, you have to cope with the other effects it has.

Maybe you just need to plan your sexy evenings differently to take advantage of the psychedelic component.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:54
Silver Member

Male from United States

fair enough - the way SWIM wants to look at it is that this RC has 2 components, chases one and not the other. And the quest was to figure out if there is a way to minimize one component while not giving up the other.

Yes the scale is a $25 one. That's why the statment that it might not have been exactly 5mg, but it cannot be 50mg either - tests with known quantities proves that margin of error on this scale is not that wide.

One would think that a lot of peeps want the "trip" part and perhaps that's what they chase - not for SWIM. SWIM cares about the sexual aspect of this RC. Too bad if there is not a way to somehow underweight one and overweight the other using additional agents.

aztech_1 added 4 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Shampoo - can you please direct SWIM towards some options in this regard? the only requirement is to be able to legally acuquire it (prescription or not) - Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
...second, it sounds like 5-MeO-MIPT might not be the best drug for your purposes. If you are seeking sexual/erotic enhancement, there are many other drugs that will succeed in this without providing a psychedelic experience....

Last edited by aztech_1; 05-04-2012 at 01:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2012, 03:05
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,489, Level: 19 Points: 18,489, Level: 19 Points: 18,489, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Look up "Interview with a Ketamine Chemist". That is how you do what you want to do.
Old 12-05-2012, 18:24
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: 5-MeO-MIPT avoding the come up (trip part)

The psychedelic side of 5-meo-mipt would be due mostly to 5HT2a agonism; this got me wondering if an antagonist or reverse agonist could help, in very low dose, to diminish the trip effect. Unfortunately, most of what I could find about this would involve taking something like olanzepine (Zyprexa), an antipsychotic that's a buzz-kill extraordinaire.

I would go for the xanax. Back in my wilder days when I took psychedelics, MDA, and MDMA, I developed some anxiety about the duration of those drugs and would freak out after taking them, thinking, "OMG, there's no turning back!" But when I got a prescription for xanax for generalized anxiety disorder, I tried it with said drugs and it was fantastic. It took away my resistance to the experience and took the edge off of the more extreme effects, while still letting most of the main (desired) effects break through. Don't overdo the xanax and it should work fine.

Another option is to try something weaker such as picamilon and/or valerian and/or phenibut. All of these substances (as well as benzos) have unique modes of operation. Each enhances the inhibitory effects of GABA but they do it in different ways by affecting different GABA receptors or by simply increasing extracellular GABA levels in the brain. I personally favor picamilon for preserving the tactile effects of an experience because it's more a supplement than a drug; it provides your body/brain with GABA in case it's needed or wanted but doesn't agonize or antagonize receptors. It can have a subtle effect in trimming the excess off of catecholamine and glutamate activity, without dulling the senses or the mind.
Old 17-05-2012, 06:22
Silver Member

Male from United States

Cool - the benzo option is on the table. 5HT being the culprit makes sense, as in the only previous experience, the post trip depression was quickly resolved with some 5-HTP doses. The uncontrolled shaking, banging of head, and fear/anxiety during the coming up part left an uneasy impression - was hoping to reduce that portion of the experience with (a) reducing the dosage to half (b) adding benzo to the mix.

Should get a chance to experiment in a few - thanks for your reply TechHouse !
Old 17-05-2012, 07:26
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
c-m 444 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

dont benzos kill sex drive ?
dude if you want better sex and not to trip on drugs learn how to fuck ..

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is a completely useless, abusive post
Old 17-05-2012, 21:47
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztech_1 View Post
The uncontrolled shaking, banging of head, and fear/anxiety during the coming up part left an uneasy impression - was hoping to reduce that portion of the experience with (a) reducing the dosage to half (b) adding benzo to the mix.

Should get a chance to experiment in a few - thanks for your reply TechHouse !
You're welcome. What you say about the come-up sounds horrible, but with these types of drugs it would be different for each person and there are too many glowing reviews of MIPT for me to think that the typical researcher would have such a negative response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-m 444
dont benzos kill sex drive ?
For people who don't use them regularly they can do that. For some people, the mental relaxation actually helps them with sex even though the physiological effects of a benzo would normally be a buzzkill. I've had prescriptions for benzos consistently for about 7 years and because I take them regularly I don't have that response. It will be interesting to see what aztech says about the results of the experiment. My personal preference would be to use something else like phenibut or picamilon, even though they're weaker; phenibut has some dopaminergic effects and has been said to potentiate some substances in a nice way, plus it is anxiolytic (helps combat anxiety.) It would have to be taken about 90 minutes before the MIPT.

There are a number of other supplements and herbs that have anxiolytic effects but studies on them are mostly limited. Taking a gram or 2 or 3 of piracetam and some choline (not too much) a half hour before the MIPT could also have the combined effect of lessening anxiety and potentiating, but the anxiety part is VERY questionable with piracetam. I personally haven't noticed that it affects me that way, I get more of a mildly stimulating mental alertness from it. Panax ginseng helps some people with anxiety, and there are others which can be looked up by searching on relevant terms.

In summary, a benzo isn't the ideal anxiolytic to take for a sexually charged experience but some people don't have a problem with it.

Last edited by Tech House; 17-05-2012 at 21:53.

Share this on:

Tags
5-meo-mipt

» New Threads
Prescribed Klonopin 1mg 3x a...
Last post by alienhunter
2 Replies, 65 Views
10 days baby!!
Last post by Dawn Godess
7 Replies, 137 Views
Kanna and list of herbs..
Last post by Castillo1