Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing Questions
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing Questions Ask a question about drug testing

Old 27-03-2012, 23:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
4.3Sonoma should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Unanswered: is 11 days enough to pass a drug test for cocaine?

Would 1g of cocaine be out of someones urine in 11 days for a drug test including all metabolites while assuming normal body fat, metabolism, BMI, liver function, hydration level, etc?
Old 28-03-2012, 00:37
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
OPIamore is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: is 11 days enough to pass a drug test?

most likely
Old 28-03-2012, 00:57
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Honestly, I would personally by a little worried, but that's just me. I would probably avoid foods rich in sugar, fat and caffeine.
Consumption of food rich in vitamin B and juice fasting or water fasting diet for 5-7 days continuously, also seems to be really helpful.
If you have a sauna at a nearby gym, I would definitely take advantage of it. Also, get some exercise. Good luck!
Old 28-03-2012, 05:36

Male from United States

Thanks for the replys, any other input? Everywhere ive read it says 2-4 days. I just told my buddy hes tripping out hard he heard the same and thought 10-11 would be good. Hope he dont miss out on the job hes been waiting for
Old 28-03-2012, 21:20
Titanium Member

48 y/o Male from Earth
bobes is a decent psychonaut.bobes is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

i used to work for a drug treatment court so i speak with some authority on this issue.
the metabolites that are tested for (even with a MS/GC) are undetectable after eleven days.
They are undetectable because THEY ARE NO LONGER PRESENT.
11 days is more than enough time to pass a drug test (hair sampling excluded only because I am not an authority on these types of tests)

bobes added 7 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

this is for cocaine

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very informative answer!!
Factual answer to a question, good response.

Last edited by bobes; 28-03-2012 at 21:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-03-2012, 21:57
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

A recruiter in the army told my friend that if he was gonna do a drug, to do cocaine because it was out in 48 hours...
Old 28-03-2012, 22:02

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobes View Post
i used to work for a drug treatment court so i speak with some authority on this issue.
the metabolites that are tested for (even with a MS/GC) are undetectable after eleven days.
They are undetectable because THEY ARE NO LONGER PRESENT.
11 days is more than enough time to pass a drug test (hair sampling excluded only because I am not an authority on these types of tests)

bobes added 7 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

this is for cocaine
Thank you for your reply bobes, I just called him hes really excited with your news, you seem to know your shit and its the answer hes been waiting for, he had the test today. just one more question. Would lots of alcohol intake push it past 11 days for any reason?

He quit weed 2 months ago for this job and seemed to pick up the slack with alcohol. He gets drunk every weekend thurs-sunday and has a few beers after work during the week. Hes got a high metabolism and doesn't gain weight
One more thing i know he never did a full gram it was at most a 0.7-0.8g, he got a few lines from his buddies for free when he was blacked out drunk.
Old 28-03-2012, 22:10
Titanium Member

48 y/o Male from Earth

no amount of alcohol or thc will affect a screen for cocaine
Old 30-03-2012, 11:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
halo99 is a decent psychonaut.halo99 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.3Sonoma View Post
Thank you for your reply bobes, I just called him hes really excited with your news, you seem to know your shit and its the answer hes been waiting for, he had the test today. just one more question. Would lots of alcohol intake push it past 11 days for any reason?

He quit weed 2 months ago for this job and seemed to pick up the slack with alcohol. He gets drunk every weekend thurs-sunday and has a few beers after work during the week. Hes got a high metabolism and doesn't gain weight
One more thing i know he never did a full gram it was at most a 0.7-0.8g, he got a few lines from his buddies for free when he was blacked out drunk.
nope... SWIM used to use alot (every day for many months) and SWIM once failed a urine test at 6 days... this happens sometimes with chronic use.. after this, SWIM always would wait 9-10 days to be absolutely sure... at 11 days SWIM couldnt imagine anyone testing positive unless they were using massive amounts.. (SWIM once read about someone failing after 14+ days but this si purely anecdotal...)
Old 31-03-2012, 01:22
Titanium Member

48 y/o Male from Earth

halo99,
i respect that you have an opinion and personal experience that I can't TRULY challenge because there is no way for me to disprove your claim.
However, there is no data or research that i am aware of to support your experience.
Could you provide some non-anecdotal evidence to support your claim.
As a former staff therapist at Canada's Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH (our nations largest treatment and research facility), i worked with cocaine addicts (both crack and hydrochloride) many of whom would use more than ounce or more a week for months at a time before ending up in my office as a result of hospitalization or incarceration.
NONE of my patients tested positive for cocaine after 96 hours with a GS/MC.

I offer you the following link to support my statements. I am strongly encouraging you to find evidence to support your claims which I find so erroneous i want to scream. this information is so harmful in so many ways.
I look forward to your response!!!

please refer to line 8 ON PAGE 398. perhaps you should read the whole article but that line would be enough.
first time uploading a pdf hope this works!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rukopis_4_Arhiv_4_2000(1).pdf (86.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 31-03-2012, 09:41
Titanium Member

48 y/o Male from Earth

im referring to you testing + 6 days after using cocaine
Old 31-03-2012, 12:11
Silver Member

Male from United States

look up "Detection Times of Drugs of Abuse in Blood, Urine, and Oral Fluid" by Alain G. Verstraete

specifically this passage:

Cocaine
The usual intranasal dose varies between 20 and 100 mg,
but it can be much higher in heavy users. The half-life of co-
caine and benzoylecgonine are 1 and 6 hours, respectively. The
detection time of cocaine in blood is 4 to 6 hours after 20 mg
and 12 hours after 100 mg.32 In serum, in chronic users, ben-
zoylecgonine (BE; LOD 25 ng/mL) was detectable for 5.1
days on average (maximum 8.6 days).22

Obviously my own story is anecdotal so it must be taken with a grain of salt but i do take issue with you implying that my opinion is 'harmful' I am merely suggesting to err to the side of caution... in todays economy many people cannot afford to lose a job over a failed urine screen... If i was suggesting that 2 days was enough then i could see your point but rather the opposite...

halo99 added 6 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Also i should note that the findings in the noted study specifically addressed the variability in different individuals metabolisms... in addition to this there have been advances in MS detection techniques that actually can detect smaller amounts of metabolite (although i doubt that many tox-screening labs are using them).. as you noted GS/MC or FTIR are still the gold standard for detection...

Last edited by halo99; 31-03-2012 at 12:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-03-2012, 16:58
Titanium Member

48 y/o Male from Earth

Halo,
What an excellent response!
I believe that one of the purposes of this excellent site is to encourage dialogue and debate and I think you handled my "challenge" wonderfully.
The information in your references does not match the experiences in my practice or those of my colleagues.
In thousands of tests I have never seen or been shown positive tests results for cocaine after 96 hours.
So, i will continue to have confidence in the research that indicates cocaine detection after 96 hours is approaching impossible. (renal conditions excepted). However, this comment can be considered "anecdotal" without me providing client case data - which is impossible due to confidential restrictions.

The Toronto Drug Treatment Court continues to use a 72 hour detection window and will revoke bail of TDTC participants if they show positive for cocaine after 72 hours of "reported last use".

Thank you for participating in this dialogue.
Bobes

bobes added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I need to add that my "harmful rant" was not only unnecessary but truly "out of line" in this instance. Please accept my apology and Ill stop making "universal judgements" at 4 in the morning!

Last edited by bobes; 31-03-2012 at 16:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-03-2012, 20:05

Male from United States

the tests he took were 35105N CD51-5P/THC50 and 39209N OXYCODONE (U) SCRN; would these fall under the GC/MC tests?
Old 31-03-2012, 21:37
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobes View Post
Halo,
What an excellent response!
I believe that one of the purposes of this excellent site is to encourage dialogue and debate and I think you handled my "challenge" wonderfully.
The information in your references does not match the experiences in my practice or those of my colleagues.
In thousands of tests I have never seen or been shown positive tests results for cocaine after 96 hours.
So, i will continue to have confidence in the research that indicates cocaine detection after 96 hours is approaching impossible. (renal conditions excepted). However, this comment can be considered "anecdotal" without me providing client case data - which is impossible due to confidential restrictions.

The Toronto Drug Treatment Court continues to use a 72 hour detection window and will revoke bail of TDTC participants if they show positive for cocaine after 72 hours of "reported last use".

Thank you for participating in this dialogue.
Bobes

bobes added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I need to add that my "harmful rant" was not only unnecessary but truly "out of line" in this instance. Please accept my apology and Ill stop making "universal judgements" at 4 in the morning!
no problem... i actually agree with you that for the majority of people 96 hours is likely enough for the benzoylecognine metabolite to fall below the threshold of detection... in fact before i failed that time i had always waited 4.5 days and tested negative... then positive result happened and i have been playing it way safe every since...

halo99 added 10 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.3Sonoma View Post
the tests he took were 35105N CD51-5P/THC50 and 39209N OXYCODONE (U) SCRN; would these fall under the GC/MC tests?
those are codes for the standard quest 5 drug panel + THC + nitrate/createnine so its the strip test where they pour a sample of the urine into a test vial and then insert the set of strips which give the preliminary results.. if they all test negative and it tests negative for dilution/adulterants then you are good to go... if a positive result is seen then i believe they follow up with GC...

GC is only used to absolutely confirm a positive result for non-criminal testing (e.g. like for a job...) the testing that bobes describes is court ordered so i believe they use GC for everything due to the higher evidentary standards...

Last edited by halo99; 31-03-2012 at 21:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-04-2012, 21:39

Male from United States

well he passed and got the job, he is so excited. now i am hoping to get in there too its really good pay but luckily for me i dont do drugs
Old 13-04-2012, 22:01
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
knightsmith is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I am very glad that your friend got the job, its very tough to get work in todays world.
Old 29-05-2014, 18:10
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
stryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way up
Provided Answers: 9
Points: 410, Level: 3 Points: 410, Level: 3 Points: 410, Level: 3
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%
Re: is 11 days enough to pass a drug test for cocaine?

Cocaine is primarily detected as Benzoylecgonine in the urine and is detectable for 1-4 days in urine at typical detection limits (50-300 ng/mL). Chronic users of Cocaine may have increased windows of detection.
Old 30-05-2014, 20:35

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Kingstag is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

SWIM was going to make an account on this site to ask this question but then he found this thread. SWIM was worried about a urine screening for army selection a month after doing half a line of coke, because after he read about metabolites he got very worried. SWIM took a lot of alcohol with this blow so he was worried about it being retained.

SWIM is worried that alcohol will retain these metabolites for up to a month, is this likely?

Post Quality Evaluations:
you got the answer right above your own post. Is it asked too much to read the thred before posting questions already answered?
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 30-05-2014, 21:05
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Provided Answers: 2
Points: 9,198, Level: 14 Points: 9,198, Level: 14 Points: 9,198, Level: 14
Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2% Activity: 51.2%

Whoever this SWIM may be (please dont use this acronym, click on the link on the first 'SWIM') he will be fine after a month.
Half a line of coke - whatever 'that' may be - but I get the picture - will not make anyone dirty for longer than makiximum 6 days, alcohol added or none.

BBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 30-05-2014 at 21:08. Reason: correction
Old 01-06-2014, 21:01
Loveluck29 Loveluck29 is nu online
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from USA - New York
Loveluck29 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 245, Level: 2 Points: 245, Level: 2 Points: 245, Level: 2
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%

You should be fine. I have passed urine tests in as little as 2 days for cocaine. I drank a ton of water for 24 hours leading up to the test, along with green tea, and I also drank natural ginseng which I purchased from a health food store. I also stayed away from all solid foods the day prior. Pee a few times prior to the test and give them sample from midstream. My test did not come back as diluted however I guess some tests could be stricter.

- one point to note is that you will test negative for all substances, which could be a problem if you are prescribed a drug they are looking for in the urine to ensure you are taking it. I was prescribed Percocet which didn't show up. My doctor told me that it is not unusual for Percocet not to show up in urine tests even when taking regularly.

Good luck
Old 24-06-2014, 02:56
Mercury Member

23 y/o Male from Earth
weedman22 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

cocaine, to my knoledge, stats in your system 2-4 days if you have a fast matabolism, 5-7 if yur matabolim is slow, mine is fast. 11 days is plenty of time so long as you havent been using opiates or taken a loperamide tablet (anti dioriah) as they themselves are an opiate (activated by advaned ppi, or stomach acid reducers i should say)

water can eliminate it from your system within hours, but send u to the hospital, as long as you avoid opiates or downers in general, 11 days is plenty
Old 24-06-2014, 09:51
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Provided Answers: 1
Points: 1,374, Level: 5 Points: 1,374, Level: 5 Points: 1,374, Level: 5
Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6%

Several factors need to be considered to determine the length of time a drug or substance can be detected in the urine. Pharmacokinetics, presence of metabolites, patient variability, short-term vs long-term use of a drug, pH of the urine, and time of last ingestion are some factors that influence detection times.

The article that halo99 referred to (Detection Times of Drugs of Abuse in Blood, Urine,.pdf) published in The Drug Moniter • Volume 26, Number 2, April 2004 states "In chronic users, the detection time can reach 10 days (LOD 0.5 ng/mL)" It should be noted that this is LOD (Limit of detection) which is much below the cut off level for positive conformation.

halo99 stated "GC is only used to absolutely confirm a positive result for non-criminal testing (e.g. like for a job...) the testing that bobes describes is court ordered so i believe they use GC for everything due to the higher evidentary standards...)"

Which I believe to be very misleading. Could you provide some non-anecdotal evidence to support your claim?

Last edited by Diverboone; 24-06-2014 at 14:19.
Old 24-06-2014, 10:26

36 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Natzwax is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hiya hunny
Personally i think its down to your own body. Even when i was a heavey herion user, i could still give a clean sample within 3 - 4 days,
My partner takes a few days longer. So go with your motabolism ( soz for bad spelling )
OOhh this is my first post,
I'm TRYING to get into recovery mode,
Even started going to NA meetings, something has to work eh & i always backed away from NA with the god squad.
But its so not like that, i went last Mon & then the Wed so it couldnt of been all that bad,
Are you in recovery Hun ??/ or trying ??
Old 29-06-2014, 16:22
Silver Member

49 y/o Male from United States
LasVegasEd777 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

Here is the long answer.
How long cocaine stays in your system is a very difficult proposition to calculate. The reason for this uncertainty is due to several different factors, most of which have to do with the person ingesting it. A person’s body weight, a person’s body mass index, a person’s metabolic rate, the amount of the cocaine substance used, the frequency of cocaine use, and the potency of the cocaine ingested are just some of the variables to consider when figuring how long does cocaine stays in your system.
However, the major problem to consider when calculating how long cocaine stays in your system is which part of your system are we talking about. Apparently there is new data to suggest that cocaine by-products more commonly known as metabolites “Benzoylecgonine” can linger in certain parts of your body for periods of time far greater than the 2 to 3 day timeframe that most people believe to be accurate.

Drug testing can detect the presence of cocaine in your system for a few days, but most drug tests don’t actually test for the drugs by themselves, they test for the metabolites that our bodies produce after the ingestion of drugs. Cocaine is similar to all substances that enter the body in the regard that they all must be digested, broken down, separated, and then delivered to the appropriate place within the body for processing and finally, removal. Once it enters your system, your body begins to break it down through the metabolism process. Metabolism is the series of processes that occur in our bodies by which food and other substances are converted into the energy and products needed to sustain life. Metabolites are the by-products left over after substances go through the metabolic process. So even though cocaine might fully exit the body after 2 to 3 days, its metabolite “Benzoylecgonine” can still be detected for weeks in many cases depending on some of the previously mentioned variables. There is also a recent study that found that the presence of Benzoylecgonine can be retained in the human body for a period of 25 years. However, the cost of a drug test that would actually be able to detect Benzoylecgonine for such a long period of time after ingestion would be far too cost prohibitive to be utilized by drug testing companies today or in the near future.

With that said, It has been suggested that evidence of cocaine usage can be detected by drug testing for up to 3 days in most instances. This time frame is not accurate in many cases. Some people can show evidence of cocaine usage for periods of time far greater than 3 days, in some cases up to 30 days.

The bottom line, a safe amount of time to be reasonably sure that a relatively inexpensive test will not show cocaine metabolites is about 1 week.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, drugtests