Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-03-2012, 23:17

23 y/o Male from United States
Randeez is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Injecting Suboxone Films (with nalaxone in them)

I have used the search engine on this site and haven't found an answer anywhere. Swim would like to know if it is possible to prepare his suboxone strips for IV use. Is there a way to seperate the bupe from the naloxone? If not is it worth shooting a combination of both? Swim knows that naloxone will prevent you from getting high so he is very confused on the other threads of people IV'ing the actual pills. Any information would be very helpful to swim, thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:36
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Big L Rest In Peace is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Re: Injecting Suboxone Films (with nalaxone in them)

I posted some info on just that subject in response to another question earlier, the info might be helpful to you heres the link: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=181567.

Hopefully that works ive never posted a link on here before and its harder using my ipad. Anyways the condensed version is that suboxone does in fact contain naloxone, which is an opioid antagonist. So it will pull any opiates currently in your system off your receptors and put you into precipitated withdrawals, and if you try to take opiates on top of it they will have no effect as the receptors are already occupied.

With that being said, let me clear up a popular misconception: that it is the naloxone in suboxone which can cause precipitated withdrawals and/or the inability to get full or any effects from opiates while in your system. While naloxone does in fact cause these very effects taken alone, it is in fact the buprenorphine(bupe) which causes them when taking suboxone.

This happens because bupe is a partial agonist with one of the highest affinities for receptors of all opiates. Therefore when you take suboxone by any ROA (sublingually, insufflation, or IV), you are putting both naloxone and bupe into your system. But because the bupe has such a high affinity for the opiate receptors it binds to them before the naloxone can. Meaning if you are on another full agonist, such as heroin, it will be removed from your receptors and replaced by the bupe. This will cause precipitated withdrawals as bupe is only a partial agonist. And this is the key to why you have to wait so long after taking other opiates following a dose of suboxone. Because buprenorphine has a mean half life of about 33 hours, and it does not release those receptors for any other opiate, not even antagonists like nalaxone.

So yes, you do put naloxone into your body but it essentially has no effect. If it did there would be no problem getting high soon after taking suboxone because naloxone has a half life of about an hour. So im sorry for the long answer, but i wanted to make it clear. The naloxone in suboxone doesnt do shit because it is the bupe that can make you sick if you take it on opiates, and it is also the LONG lasting opiate partial agonist buprenorphine which cause you to not feel effects of opiates.

Hope that helps to answer your question, that there is no need to separate the two drugs. However, i strongly advise not injecting this drug, as there are no real benefits to this ROA aside from higher bioavailability. Which isnt really an issue as it has a ceiling effect anyway and going up on the dose after 16mgs or so does not provide much better results other than making it stay in your system much longer. In fact i find less truly is more with suboxone. And while the strips are probably a better bet on IVing than the pills they are certainly not designed for such and have many things that should not be put into your bloddstream. Also, theres no rush and if you are opiate naive it is a great way to OD.

Trust me my boy Big L used to slam the strips and pills and knows it is just a high risk, no reward ROA. I mean hell its a waste of good injection sites honestly. Anyways thats just my two cents, not tryin to preach or tell you what to do. Hope some of that helps homie be safe.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very informative posts. Hope to see more like this from you
Old 23-04-2012, 16:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
mre227 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

injecting is useless. The only reason (even SWIM) tried to do it is because SWIMS like needles and the "ritual" addiction. No matter how pure you get it down to, you will barely feel a think in the many times i tried. Now if your a little fish and have not done this before it would work and the natroxone will keep you from overdosing. if you have opiates you might get sick, but more from buprenorphine flushing the opiates out then the natroxone.
Old 26-04-2012, 23:40
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 781, Level: 4 Points: 781, Level: 4 Points: 781, Level: 4

Read the post from Big L. All the information there is accurate.

But, SWIY asked if it IS POSSIBLE, and if so, how do you go about preparing it, so I'll answer that...

It most definitely is possible, and the way that Cheshire Cat does it is to just let it sit in some water until fully dissolved. But as Big L said above, it's a high risk, no reward ROA, which Cheshire Cat advises against.

Injection isn't really a good road to be walking down. Cheshire Cat knows this from personal experience. People advised him to not pick up the pin in the first place, but he did anyway. He regrets that decision now, and wishes he would have listened to the good advice others were giving him. What's weird about all of it is that he wasn't an injector before Suboxone, nor did he have a 'physical' addiction to opiates before Suboxone.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:48
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
Cynder is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

You can melt the whole thing in water and shoot it but it's not that great, I can'get high off suboxone and you feel crummy off the nasty stuff they add to make the strips
Old 28-09-2012, 06:34

Male from Australia
theashman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I inject my suboxone tabs and filter it with a syringe with a rolled cigarette filter inside it. I have posted my method on one of the drug forum websites, it may be this one(same tagname,theashman), a crystal clear result much like a micron filtered tab. As you would have seen on this and other drug forums, that less is more I.V., my personal experience proves this statement to be correct. 2mg is too much, 1mg or less is perfect but really the result is not worth the trouble, only for junkies like me who have the compulsion to blast anything water soluble regardless of how slight the high is....as long as I get something...bla bla...
Old 29-09-2012, 00:56
Mercury Member

Male from United States
poop mayer needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Shooting suboxone is a bad idea. You MAY be able to get high off of it, but think of that orange garbage in your VEINS. It's going to be nothing like heroin.
If you're going to shoot something, don't shoot suboxone. Use that to get out of w/d's.
Old 23-03-2014, 15:17

28 y/o Male from United States
jljar5 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Just to clarify mre227's post
Quote:
Now if your a little fish and have not done this before it would work and the natroxone will keep you from overdosing.
First of all I assume you mean Naloxone which is what's in suboxone along with buprenorphine, naltrexone is a different, yet similar drug (opiate antagonist).
Now MOST IMPORTANTLY, the naloxone in Suboxone WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT keep you from OD'ing! It will do absolutely nothing as mentioned above as the bupe has higher affinity and with higher Bio-availability I wouldn't recommend a dose above 2mg. Like original poster said less is more, I've heard of iv doses as low as .5 mg being verrry effective.
Please be careful, naloxone DOES NOT keep your from overdosing. Naltrexone (which it looks like he tried to spell) IS used for overdoses but that's not even what's in suboxone and something different entirely.
Old 24-04-2014, 16:00
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
hunter19877 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

I was doing this for about a year. Then i started trying to get clean. I was bouncing back and forth between Heroin and Suboxone and one morning i went to get well by shooting my sub and it made me feel TERRIBLE! Ive heard horror stories about it. And i know the Naloxone in it is the blocker which is what puts you into withdrawal if you try to use it while on Heroin or any opiate. I dont know what it was but it made me fucking hurt! Most of that day i was fucked up... Man it sucked

I STRONGLY urge and recommend to everyone here to not shoot suboxone!

It is not meant to be injected. Take it as it should be!

Old 24-04-2014, 16:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.

I used to know a girl whose drug of choice was shooting up crushed up subutex. All I know is that subutex is suboxone without the naloxone in it. I cannot imagine trying to recreationally use opiates while also having naloxone in your system.
Old 20-05-2014, 03:44

31 y/o Male from United States
sikknikk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

For those that say its useless to inject suboxone strips I disagree. Yes, needles are bad but if you do use needles im posting this just from a friends experience. Swim was on suboxone for over a year and taking sublingually and every time he would wait till he was dead sick before taking it and it still didn't touch his withdrawals. Swim finally got the balls to shoot and it actually worked as far as getting rid of all withdrawal symptoms. So, in his case it did benefit him going the IV route

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use Swim, it is against forum rules. Read more; http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306 Please note; you can write on behalf of a friend, or yourself. Thanks and welcome to DF!

Share this on: