Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-03-2012, 01:30
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Stepin Fetchit needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Fake threads about meth

I noticed a thread where a question was asked about meth,many it struck me odd because the person was claiming to be a user, yet their language was funny, like someone who was reading directly off a meth info web site that describes the effects and dangers. Later I noticed many many threads that were much more obviously fake, and it sort of sounded like someone was making them to try to sell supplements to people that are detoxing.

Anyway, assuming you agree that there are obviously people posing as meth users, have you noticed it, and other than them just wanting to be a douvhe, why would they be doing this? Is it for reasearch for something? Do they halve an agenda.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good call, there are fake people claiming to be users
Old 24-03-2012, 01:40
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: Fake threads about meth

Lovey, you'll have to be more specific. But to answer you, no, I haven't noticed anything like that, and I have been following the meth forums for at least a year.

I apologize if it offends you, but it does kinda sound like you may be speaking from a meth induced paranoia. Have you considered that?

There really is no reason for someone to fake it as you describe, and I would be very surprised if such were occurring and had not already been sussed out by Alfa and his staff.

Try and have another look at the posts you are referring to, and take everything into consideration, such as member status and time on DF; post content in other subject forums, and their reputation.

Thanks!

good advice given sensitively
Old 24-03-2012, 01:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Female from United States
Megan288 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

youre prob onto something. This is how I think too.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:47
Ontario Ontario is nu online
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Never noticed any I have been looking around for a few months, not to say I couldnt have missed something.

I think Alfa and his team of mods would be on it though.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:50
Mercury Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyspy View Post
Lovey, you'll have to be more specific. But to answer you, no, I haven't noticed anything like that, and I have been following the meth forums for at least a year.

I apologize if it offends you, but it does kinda sound like you may be speaking from a meth induced paranoia. Have you considered that?

There really is no reason for someone to fake it as you describe, and I would be very surprised if such were occurring and had not already been sussed out by Alfa and his staff.

Try and have another look at the posts you are referring to, and take everything into consideration, such as member status and time on DF; post content in other subject forums, and their reputation.

Thanks!
No, that's fine, I understand. I have considered that I could be paranoid. You would admit that there are obviously trolls that are bullshitting, right?

The examples I am referring to aren't as obvious, but have people talking about how depressed and suicidal they are that's once they quit, referring to how the suicidal thoughts are overwhelming, and they miss the euphoria of the high, and that they can feel how their dopamine and serotonin receptors have been damaged, etc. I've never heard a detoxing user talking about their brain receptors or missing "euphoria," plus, every post had the buzz words scattered throuout, and there's no way every poster had the same writing style.

There's other evidence, but if you've seen something fishy I'd like to know.

Stepin Fetchit added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
Never noticed any I have been looking around for a few months, not to say I couldnt have missed something.

I think Alfa and his team of mods would be on it though.
To my knowledge, the person has to be acting offensively or break the rules to have stuff removed. There's one fake one up right now that everyone caught, about living above a meth lab.

Last edited by Stepin Fetchit; 24-03-2012 at 01:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-03-2012, 04:25
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,427, Level: 41 Points: 82,427, Level: 41 Points: 82,427, Level: 41
Activity: 45.9% Activity: 45.9% Activity: 45.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepin Fetchit View Post
To my knowledge, the person has to be acting offensively or break the rules to have stuff removed. There's one fake one up right now that everyone caught, about living above a meth lab.
That one was just too comical to delete. That cracked me up.
But the rules prohibit trolling and posting fake threads is trolling. Such posts can be reported so that the staff can deal with it.
We also have a reputation system that the community can use when a user is obviously trolling.

i love this!! Fifst rate 5 star post Alfa!!
Old 24-03-2012, 08:36
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 378, Level: 3 Points: 378, Level: 3 Points: 378, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Can't say that I've noticed, but then again, when tweaked, everyone but you is being fucking wierd!
Old 24-03-2012, 08:57

Male from Earth
bravez is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1

Personally, I take solace in the thought that there's a teeny-tiny chance that someone, somewhere might have enough time to write decoy posts. Mostly because it makes me feel better about the things I do pass time.

Good way to look at things.
Old 26-03-2012, 12:46
Mercury Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravez View Post
Personally, I take solace in the thought that there's a teeny-tiny chance that someone, somewhere might have enough time to write decoy posts. Mostly because it makes me feel better about the things I do pass time.
Good point. I think, but I might not know what a good point is right now.
Old 26-03-2012, 13:20
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3

When you start thinking internet forums are populated by shill posters and dummy accounts you know it's time to stop doing whatever drug you're on and get 8+ hours of sleep. That's been my experience anyway...

edit 14/5/12:
reality is often quite unkind... i do not think this was said in an insulting tone, but if that is how it is interpreted then i apologize. i was/am speaking from my own experience of having that exact delusion as a result of abusing stimulants. instead of getting more sleep, i did more drugs... eventually i was unable to use the internet at all because none of it looked genuine to me. it was quite scary, i honestly hoped my post would encourage him to get some sleep and help himself out if he happened to be in a similar mental spiral. i'm not judging anyone in a self-righteous way... those in glass houses...

realistic view on percetion of reality while tweaked
Thats not a kind thing to say, please edit it

Last edited by no eff eks; 14-05-2012 at 07:40. Reason: by request
Old 26-03-2012, 14:56
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

To the OP, yes, I have noticed some profiles not really completed posting some odd threads. It's not just in the meth forums though it's throughout. Most of these are by new members that refuse to either read the rules or have read them and don't care about them. They are sniffed out and dealt with by members and then mods.

While it is true that doing long and large amounts of meth can cause a person to get over paranoid, this is not the case here. You see things that are real, but I think you are just on the wrong assumption of why they are popping up. I think it says a LOT that you considered maybe you are just over paranoid, people experiencing meth psychosis usually don't want to accept they are freaking out there.

So, how about this, when doing meth and or without sleep, just give the benefit of the doubt, but even while on it, and while off it, just please give benefit of the doubt. I think you are a valuable member here and can spot the not so right. Please bring things you notice up to the mods by reporting a thread AFTER giving it a decent amount of thought, kind of like you did here. I doubt you saw what you described in this thread and then 10 seconds later did this thread. Chances are this is something you have noticed and been thinking about for a nice while. We don't want to waste mods time, but at the same time you saw something that was true.

Good thread, you not only spoke about what you noticed, but this calls the trolls out, and puts them on notice

experienced member's leveled view. our reputation and report systems work very well. Good call for participation!
Old 26-03-2012, 19:16
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.

I too have noticed some rather odd postings from questionable members about meth but i just figured they must not be very well educated about it or new to it.
I mean,i cant really think of what someone would benefit from posting fake threads about meth..unless they just wanted to fuck with tweakers,knowing they are paranoid.haha
Old 26-03-2012, 19:19
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Aveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I think all forums have "trolls" Its just the nature of the internet. I'm not saying that we have them here, as I'm new myself and I wouldn't know....but I just take what people say online with a grain of salt.
Old 26-03-2012, 19:51
Silver Member

22 y/o Female from United States
amannddaa1885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

i have notoiced two in the past few days actually that i thought the questions they were askin vs the knowledge they had didnt add up. and like you said.. like it came off of a website. i really don.t understand what tge point of doing it is but it's weird. and i dont think we are ALL going through psychosis. stuff just sounds fishy from some of these "new users" that are posting...
Old 26-03-2012, 22:17
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3

I looked quickly through the meth/amphetamine forum lobbies and nothing stood out to me. Could you guys point to specific threads? If the OP of the thread is just a troll/shill then I don't think that's out of line calling them out... I'm actually quite curious now given how rare spammy threads/posts are at this forum.

Apologies to Stepin for being so dismissive initially, although to be fair their posts came across as written by somebody that'd been tweaking for 48hrs+... Even if he was right, I think sleep was a good idea. (now if only i took my own advice... :\)
Old 26-03-2012, 22:34
Mercury Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by no eff eks View Post
I looked quickly through the meth/amphetamine forum lobbies and nothing stood out to me. Could you guys point to specific threads? If the OP of the thread is just a troll/shill then I don't think that's out of line calling them out... I'm actually quite curious now given how rare spammy threads/posts are at this forum.

Apologies to Stepin for being so dismissive initially, although to be fair their posts came across as written by somebody that'd been tweaking for 48hrs+... Even if he was right, I think sleep was a good idea. (now if only i took my own advice... :\)
Some of the ones are in the addiction part, where posts are claiming that they recently quit, listing a laundry list of side effects, talking about being suicidal, but every one sounds the same.

Actually it's nothing to really worry about. I think one person I half-accused of being a phony was me being paranoid and acting like a dickhead about something, lol...
Old 14-04-2012, 11:06

38 y/o Male from Australia
joabroni needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

dude.....you're paranoid

useless one liners add nothing to the thread, try to contribute to the discussion
added to the above re: this ost is dismissive and unfriendly, too. At least you could bother trying to exlain why the user be paranoid in your view. Absolute superfluent abuse of server costs, this post. These things attract neg. rep over time.
Old 14-04-2012, 23:38
Silver Member

Male from Canada
usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

I myself post on meth forums all the time even though im not a user. I'm just curious and use ritalin which is similar.

I imagine some users pose as meth users because they feel meth users would only listen to other meth users. Of course, I think this thinking is flawed. I myself havent noticed any odd posts that seem fake though.
Old 15-04-2012, 01:03
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepin Fetchit View Post
The examples I am referring to aren't as obvious, but have people talking about how depressed and suicidal they are that's once they quit, referring to how the suicidal thoughts are overwhelming, and they miss the euphoria of the high, and that they can feel how their dopamine and serotonin receptors have been damaged, etc. I've never heard a detoxing user talking about their brain receptors or missing "euphoria," plus, every post had the buzz words scattered throuout, and there's no way every poster had the same writing style.

I just wanted to point out that the drug users on DF are generally more intelligent than drug users out on the street. When I talk about drugs I talk about serotonin and dopamine and I don't think it's uncommon to see posts where other people do. I actually think the fact that they did use these words means that they are more likely to be telling the truth because they obviously have some basic background knowledge. I've never seen a anti drug propaganda website that mentioned anything about specific chemicals in the brain because generally I think they are trying to reach an audience of 12-18 year olds and kids that age generally aren't real knowledgeable when it comes to the inner workings of the brain. I could imagine it saying something like "drugs mess with your brain" but not something like "drug users will experience a decrease in serotonin/dopamine production and their receptors."

Also keep in mind that their language may seem funny because language differs widely from place to place, even within the same country and this is an international forum. Obviously not everyone is going to have the same slang, and if someone has to use a translator or isn't well versed in English then it is going to sound strange, but that isn't indicative of a lie.

What motive would someone have to lie, especially about trying to get clean? I would understand your concern if the post was like "Hey bros, where should I hide my drug if I get pulled over, words yo" because that might be something a cop would like to know. But who would gain anything by lying about getting clean?

Well reasoned rebuttle complete with specific examples.
More Intelligent qua user of DF?? Seems a bit farfetched to me..More educated, yes. In any case literate people are in advantage on the web...
Yes, DF users are Much more intelligent
Old 15-04-2012, 18:31

27 y/o Female from United States
Megan288 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Good points runnerup beauty queen. I can't speak for the guy that wrote this, but part of that seems like paranoia to me.

Now, don't write me off as a conspiracy theorist, but, I actually think there are billion dollar industry or govt forces that have an agenda and might effect us in ways that are beyond our comprehension at the time. Watch Frontline episodes at PBS.org and you might be more likely to agree with me. I don't know.. it doesn't really matter if you follow the rules and want to go along with the rest of society anyway.

one thing I know for sure, manipulating people isn't good, neither are illegal drugs. I'm not even sure therapeutic drugs are the best thing.

Last edited by Megan288; 15-04-2012 at 18:37.
Old 15-04-2012, 20:09
Ellisdeee Ellisdeee is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

Fore wording, sorry if I speak a bit broadly but, this conceptually is something I am quite familiar with, I'll give my experience in general with this topic at discussion. I realize this post isn't about meth but, this topic isn't explicitly about it either anymore.

As a person whose been message boarding it up since I was about 11 years old (mid 20's now), the idea of people making fake accounts for 'lulz' and 'trolling' reasons, as they would put it (), is just the nature of the beast. I have been a long term member (this board is my shortest membership @ a little over 1 year) of several types of message boards, particularly gaming ones. It is just what people do...it comes in flavors.

Firstly, yes, many people know how to create dupe user names on a board without getting noticed for having a matching IP from their location. Or if you aren't crafty, many people just go use free wifi - every McDonalds has it now.

I would like to say - the modding on this site is strong and more sound than any message board I have ever visited, by miles. Although gaming message boards also aren't known for being mature either...I know.

Some people create new user names just to promote agendas. I have seen people from official message board forums for big time online video games do this. Sometimes maybe the game made a huge decision affecting the game and to persuade opinion that they should change their ways, people will make 'newbie' accounts and start threads disputing the change. To give the effect that people are coming out of the woodwork just to talk out against this problem. You can imagine this mentality going many directions. We have time to time seen quirky 1st post threads get started here (I know I have). The inquisitive people here usually dismantle those types of threads pretty quickly though if suspected something fishy is going on.

Sometimes banned users do try to come back under different personas and become accepted as a new member. I have actually seen this on message boards. A guy who sticks out to me though, kind of entertaining but, he got banned a lot of times. But no matter what, he always had a way back, and it often took until he posted 50 - 100 times till people realized it was him again. At a certain point, whenever he was banned, mods just had that gut feeling "oh heres a new guy". But he used to do it no matter what for a while, think he got banned on like 3 - 4+ dupe names.

Sometimes it is just pure trolling shenanigans with no purpose but the chuckles for the person doing it, and people are being ridiculous or completely silly for *who knows* what reason.

How it would apply here though? I really don't know as this 'genre' of message board is unlike any other I have been to. I do not know what sort of motives and things that crowd gets into on these sites. I suspect it's a close act just colored different - but I am sure this section of the internet is no more different than most message board sections of the internet. Nonetheless again, these mods do keep it ridiculously clean here and you have to be clever to get by them I think. The amount of shenanigans on this board is quite low. Nobody can spot a fake from phony upon first look every time, but I am sure it does happen here. From a pure statistical stand point it really wouldn't surprise me if at least one banned user is using a new account and even posting here, but being low key. Just the nature of the beast

My 2c on this topic ^.^

ps. I can play a suspicious role better than most. No, I am not some old banned user before someone hypothesizes that
Old 03-05-2012, 16:44
Banned

33 y/o Male from United States
zgoat65 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

There is a reason that self incrimination is frowned apon and discouraged (even penalized). I am sure that we (meaning, those of us with an affinity for chemicals) are NOT, by any means, the only ones perusing this site. This site has a chemistry forum, albeit, it seems to be VERY exclusive (too much so, might I add), but I am sure there are many LE agents/officers who'd love to know what is in SWIM's head. That is why all of the "other forums" that deal with drugs chemistry have a private forum that is exclusive. It is so that SWIM and others can keep the many OTC routes to the drugs we love to remain OTC. Just look at the current Toluene crisis in the US (I call it a crisis, because thats what SWIM says it is). Almost every home improvement store where SWIM lives has taken toluene off the shelf. Why? Because there are so many forums that tell (out in the open forum) about all of the wonderful things that Toluene can do, and WE are not the only ones reading it. I hate my "nanny state" of a country.

FINALLY someone states it! Thank you
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

*regarding the thread about living above a meth lab*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
That one was just too comical to delete. That cracked me up.
But the rules prohibit trolling and posting fake threads is trolling. Such posts can be reported so that the staff can deal with it.
We also have a reputation system that the community can use when a user is obviously trolling.
Hey, just wondering, was that post finally deleted? I'm pretty sure it was closed, but I went looking for it yesterday for a good lol & was unable to locate it...
Old 11-05-2012, 14:29
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%

I haven't noticed anything. You could be very paranoid, specially if you're a tweaker, but you could be right. Specific threads would be help everyone understand
Old 01-08-2012, 16:54

32 y/o Male from United States
tassadar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Don't mean to bring up old posts, but hopefully I can add something here.

To reply to OP, I'll echo the other opinions that it is probably just paranoia due to lack of sleep. You mentioned their language used. This sounds familiar becuse I know someone who can't stop scrutinizing language while in that state of mind as well. Not that even I follow my own advice, or maybe just don't think to try this while in that state, but I would add that a good litmus test in this case would be to bookmark (if you are really paranoid, save it to a flash drive and keep it on your person) any questionable post, and read it again after getting some good sleep.

Also on people trying to sell detox supplements, I haven't really seen that here but have seen these fake posts while sober and rested. Usually it's from a google search result and it's almost always a static page designed to "look" like a forum post. If you have cookies enabled, you probably notice a lot more banner ads with similar products on various sites. They are pretty clever at marketing nowadays.

Share this on:

Tags
methamphetamine