Notices

Old 28-04-2006, 17:03

Male from Australia
cwwjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Meth or Amph purity test kits

Gday guys
Swim was wondering if there is a test kit available to test the purity of meth or amph?
Swim would rather not do a wash for fear he might stuff it up, swim also googled fiercly and could only find test kits that bring up traces of the stuff and also found the ectasy testing kits that only show that the stuff is there but not purity
anyhow any help would be great
cheers
Old 01-05-2006, 05:37

Male from United States
dallastx81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Bleach test

Take a small cup of Clorox and drop in a pinch of meth. If it jumps around in the cup of bleach than it is good. I'm not sure the acuracy of this test but its the only one I have heard of.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Terrible advice, many research chemicals can possibly have same reaction.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:26
Retired

Male from United States
Sitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,573, Level: 8 Points: 3,573, Level: 8 Points: 3,573, Level: 8
One way to test the purity of your product is the melting point test.....
Old 01-05-2006, 14:33

Male from Australia
cwwjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
k

Bleach? sounds interesting

melting point? anychance you could point swim towards a post which explains the process mate?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:18
Silver Member

Male
swamipremkavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
The best one I know is to use a black fluorescent tube. Some people are aware of it, but few know how to use it properly.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Marquis and Simon's reagents (sold as "ecstasy"-testing kits) are both good tests for the presence of amphetamine and/or methamphetamine, though not necessarily the purity. Both will produce an identical result with Marquis, and while meth will react with Simon's, amphetamine will not.
Old 16-07-2014, 19:50

Male from Earth
l.nikon69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Meth or Amph purity test kits

Probably wrong forum if so i appologize,
Trouble ferret was testing some meyh with bleach test prior to getting it , hes used the same sample of bleach for awhile, he finally decided to stop being cheap, placing old bleach aside getting new to use, forgetting to throw out old, it sat gor a month or so when troubled came across the container it had a large chrystal at bottom any one have an idea as to what that crystal is, goodies or a biproduct of leach
Old 16-07-2014, 23:39
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Points: 1,374, Level: 5 Points: 1,374, Level: 5 Points: 1,374, Level: 5
Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6%

I have to ask, for those that recommend the bleach test, can you describe what causes this reaction to take place and on what scale do you determine purity? If you can then you should know that the bleach test may rule out some substances, but it is not fool proof. And in my opinion worthless as it is unable to show any factual % of purity, it's purely guess work.

The easiest way for average "Joe" to get an idea of the amount of worthless goods in his goody bag is to utilize the solubilities of desired product. And if necessary follow with melting point. If one is not capable of such a simple task I would highly recommend learning more about their product!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good questions to ask.
Old 17-07-2014, 18:07

26 y/o Male from United States
codeine kid needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

In reality the easiest way to test methamphetamine purity at home assuming you have no lab equipment is to simply put it in a pipe and smoke it. I'm not sure if that's you're think but since your asking I doubt that would be a problem. The way it vaporizes, tastes, and recystallizes are all good indicators of purity. But this also depends on how much experienced you have with smoking meth.

If your looking for an exact percentage of purity I can tell you there's no real simple method for that. I've tried many including the bleach test and it was basically all a waste of time.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamine, amphetamine purity, amphetamines, australia, crystal, crystal meth, crystal methamphetamine, dope, drug, drug purity, drugs-forum, field test, meth, methamphetamine, narcotics