Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-03-2012, 12:44
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,469, Level: 41 Points: 82,469, Level: 41 Points: 82,469, Level: 41
Activity: 46.9% Activity: 46.9% Activity: 46.9%
So what's the deal with the massive rise in meth discussion?

I'm happy to see that this forum has gained serious traction in recent months. There are 150 active methamphetamine threads in the last 30 days. This is substantial. Especially if you consider these statistics of active threads:

Sept Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb March
21 27 49 51 58 89 162
March stats is a prediction based on the current posting rate.

I wonder what is causing this increase in meth discussion.
Is meth becoming more popular?
Is meth more widely available than before?
Old 22-03-2012, 13:22
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Australia
michael6120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: So what's the deal with the massive rise in meth discussion?

I have no idea . . but I think a few members including myself have been lurking for a long time and discovered the regular's here (unlike most other forums) are nice, helpful people. But yeah, that is a huge overall increase you are right!
Old 22-03-2012, 13:33
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

I don't do it anymore, I am now on opiates, but it's still my number one drug of choice. When I see meth threads, chances are I can answer them easier and for sure more accurately.

In other words, I contribute to it more and possibly so do others because of it being such a DOC substance. So even when it's not done, it's thought of.
Old 22-03-2012, 13:40
Twisted Depiction
Super Moderator

Male from United States
Phungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 22,901, Level: 21 Points: 22,901, Level: 21 Points: 22,901, Level: 21
Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0%

Looking into the statistics of that forum a bit deeper, I think there is actually a very simple answer to why the meth forum has become so active all of a sudden:

Perhaps coincidentally, we just happened to have several members with an interest in meth, who have remained highly active in that forum, and who all joined at about the same time, toward the end of February and into March. No need to mention any names - You know who you are ;) The increase in new threads and the general rise in activity also help to stimulate older members into posting more, and there you have it...

Oh, and it's nice to see such an increase in activity anywhere on the forum, so don't take that as an insult by any means...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, nationally (in the US), I believe that the general consensus is that methamphetamine usage is slowly trending upward again after a significant decrease back in 2007 and 2008, which is in correspondence with laws going into effect that limited the availability of pseudoephedrine and made it much harder to obtain this important precursor.

However, indicators such as meth lab busts, arrest records, and admission to treatment centers and emergency rooms show that use began increasing in 2009 and 2010, although it still has not spiked to the point it was at in 2002-2004 or so (and having lived those years in a not-so-great neighborhood, I really hope it does not reach that level again).

Quote:
Methamphetamine: here we go again?
Maxwell JC, Brecht ML.
Addiction Research Institute, School of Social Work, The University of Texas at Austin, I University Station, Austin, TX 78712, USA.

Abstract

Following more than two decades of generally increasing trends in the use and abuse of methamphetamine in certain parts of the country, prevalence indicators for the drug began to decrease in the mid-2000's-but was this decrease signaling the end of the "meth problem"? This paper has compiled historical and recent data from supply and demand indicators to provide a broader context within which to consider the changes in trends over the past half decade. Data suggest supply-side accommodation to changes in precursor chemical restrictions, with prevalence indicators beginning to attenuate in the mid-2000's and then increasing again by 2009-2010. Results support the need for continuing attention to control and interdiction efforts appropriate to the changing supply context and to continuing prevention efforts and increased number of treatment programs.
Old 22-03-2012, 14:26
Banned

48 y/o Male from United States
ubsweet2me is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

These theories sound pretty reasonable.

I think that some members have been good projecting an overall enthusiasm for mutually shared activities on this particular forum and the energy has taken hold.

Often attitudes and seeing ourselves in a positive light can be a useful force. While some might call this "normalizing" with others, I think that more harm is done to people when they are dealt with poorly in society or even by other people who share their particular vice, than is ever damaged by someone's choice to do a drug.
Old 22-03-2012, 14:30
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

To be honest, 49/50 posts I make are on this forum... And yeah it's good to see regulars and what not. I absolutely LOVE this sub-forum. It's nice to see a little community within a community forum... But yeah I dont stray to far from the meth forum, these are my stompin grounds
Old 22-03-2012, 21:22
Banned

48 y/o Male from United States
ubsweet2me is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand. - Karl Menninger

Old 23-03-2012, 02:00
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 378, Level: 3 Points: 378, Level: 3 Points: 378, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Personally, I've never had anyone to talk to about anything Meth, other the same people around here.
We all have those embarrassing question's, so upon searching for forums on the subject, I found two.
Posted in both, to receive more mature, intelligent answers here.
I've noticed that the open nature has helped others edge out of their shells on this taboo subject, feeling more welcomed and comfortable.

I'm so in love with this website that I've even suggested it to all my close friends.

Last edited by MisMonroe; 23-03-2012 at 04:26.
Old 23-03-2012, 03:12
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Stepin Fetchit needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Why all the meth talk? Didn't you hear? The Mexican cartels recently had a scientific breakthrough recently, and were able to synthesize an isomer of pseudo ephedrine using a process that isolates the Allybenzene Aldehydes and the Acetyl Amide of Amhetamine and successfully hydrolyze a racemic mixture of methyl amphetamine hydrochloride.

I'm just bullshitting. We all just got bored and started hyper posting about tweaker shit.

Stepin Fetchit added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisMonroe View Post
Personally, I've never had anyone to talk to about anything Meth, other the same people around here.
We all have those embarrassing question's, so upon searching for forums on the subject, I found two.
I've noticed that the open nature has helped others edge out of their shells on this taboo subject, feeling more welcomed and comfortable.
I usually get banned from discussion forums within the first day, so I feel pretty lucky too.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Lol you had me going for a second, humor always help encourage discussion

Last edited by Stepin Fetchit; 23-03-2012 at 03:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-03-2012, 03:56
Silver Member

MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.

Well the only issue I've come across, is, as a tweaker, we're going to want to answer the question, and then spend the next 3 hours on tangents in the same thread.
I've only had my posts deleted a couple times due to this, so I guess it is overlooked most of the time, but COME ON!! We're fucking tweakers!! hah
Old 23-03-2012, 04:15
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,020, Level: 6 Points: 2,020, Level: 6 Points: 2,020, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I've noticed the same thing, all the recent posts are flooded with amphetamine topics. For a little while I thought it was just me since I'm recently prescribed vyvanse, which sparked an interest in amphets in general, but now that everyone else is noticing, it does make you wonder why.

But before this recent meth craze, the forum was kinda slow after all the heroin topics started to die off. Makes you wonder what's going to be next. Hell, it don't get much more concentrated than the whole mephedrone craze. The forum was flooded with that drug, and with it came a lot of ignorance....
Old 23-03-2012, 16:59
Silver Member

22 y/o Female from United States
amannddaa1885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

because when ur tweakin posting on this forum is just so much fun. its hard for me to find other tweakers, other than the like 6 that i know, so this place helps me in that aspect and i think we all should be educated, this drug is dangerous and i'm glad we have some where to go to get real answers and tips from real users. this website had educated me so much i just wish i didn't tweak out on it and say stupid shit lol but this place is awesome its my safe room, if you will.
Old 23-03-2012, 18:40
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Seems like there's been a big influx of new members who are interested mainly in this section. Probably just a coincidence that they joined around the same period.
Old 26-03-2012, 07:01
Silver Member

Female from United States
.:~::MiSs:H2o::~:. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

I'm not sure if it has effected this forum, but I definitely think meth has become both more popular and more widely available. At least in the Seattle WA area it has. I remember 10 years ago I never heard of any other teens that did it, never seen it at parties, never had random people asking me if I knew were to get it or get rid of it. Back then it seemed like tweaking was limited to 30-40 year old low income white people. Now days the stuff is everywhere and all types of people are doing it. Old, young, rich, poor, preps, jocks, gangsters, nerds, white, black, mexican, native american ect... Tweakers are everywhere! Lol
Old 26-03-2012, 20:21
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Aveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I'm new, and SWIM really enjoys reading and posting when spun =D
Old 26-03-2012, 20:50
Silver Member

Male from Canada
usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

I think some people join the forum because they see discussion of their drug of interest. I joined this forum because I was reading up on methylphendiate and really wanted to post. So I joined because I wanted to join discussions on methylphendiate.

usually0 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Perhaps people do the same because of methamphetamines

Last edited by usually0; 26-03-2012 at 20:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-03-2012, 21:22
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.Hardstepa is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2

I only been here a few months but i noticed that meth is the most popular section by far.I actually thought this was purely down to the fact that when your speeding you like to do stuff,especiallty talk.I tried methamphetamine for the first time a few weeks ago[its VERY rare in UK but it coming in a bit more now] and was amazed how high i got.I had read a lot about it,both good and bad,but i was still amazed by it.Surely if there are even just a few new meth users on here they gonna have a lot more time to talk than say a heroin user who isnt gonna be up all night regularly.Its a good thing when people come on here to discuss drugs i have learned a lot in the 6months or so i been here and i thought that i knew most things about drugs before i found this site.

Basically im saying that tweakers have the most posts cause of the nature of the high..am i right or wrong???
Old 26-03-2012, 22:03
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Aveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1

yes hardstepa, I agree. It is the nature of the drug that causes us to talk and talk and talk. Heroin puts you to sleep, weed makes you eat....I suppose cocain could make you want to post and stuff as well, although when SWIM used to be a coke head she would get way to jittery to sit at the comp for any length of time. So, I suppose meth + message boards are a good combination!
Old 26-03-2012, 22:44
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,447, Level: 12 Points: 7,447, Level: 12 Points: 7,447, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisMonroe View Post
there it is ... open to talk without being judge by the non meth user.

I dont run with other users, mainly because I dont like most of them, honestly they are non motivated, they dont have goals, most have no job, they seem to use speed and do nothing productive.

Personally I hate when I get spun out and get nothing positive done, its a waste of money , a waste of energy, its a dead end..

The reason I do the shit is because I try to stay busy on something that is going to make honest money, and the stimulations from speed works for me , most of the time.

I do have a few piles of dismantled crap here and there , but I dont spend all my days and night messing with that, but I do like to do that sometimes.

but back on topic. I have questions and I have answers, and I can learn and teach others that are here doing the same as me. where as the people around the town arent on the same page, and thats works for them I guess.

so I start getting the things that I never talk about with anyone else out of my head , I know what I go thru as a user, which is the same as the girl in Nevada or Colorado or where ever , therefor we can speak the same language , on the same page. its nice and rewarding to have a safe place to come and share things that are common to just to us. its a lot better than going on about stuff that people close to use dont understand.

when I first got to drugs-forum the place was jumping on a daily basis with meth chemisty threads and questions and synthesis, and as the government stuck their foot on our necks, those who were in that scene either got busted, or they went deeper underground, they didnt want to bring attention to themselves, or they ran out of things to say. but it has not been that busy with production chat, and that allowed me to be able to jump in with a end users take on what is happening out there with us.

and its universal

Post Quality Evaluations:
sound commentary on shared experiences and a safe place for discussion
Old 02-04-2012, 09:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
monkeyspanker is on the way upmonkeyspanker is on the way upmonkeyspanker is on the way upmonkeyspanker is on the way up

My second post, and just my two nickels (inflation ya know). There's a big rise in usage in my part of the USA, my monkey was recently re-introduced to the substance by a like minded monkey, my monkey never was much of a speeder, he liked opiates much better, had a crappy sex drive, so when that big dolpomine rush hit my monkey saw something that might transform him.

He is a shy monkey that seeks attention from other male monkeys and saw this as a way to 'get him some', he's thoroughly enjoyed his experiences and would like many more but, worries about the long term effects of seeking this. That's why he's here, He only uses it for sex and has found a Viagra connect that gets the monkey thang to a full tilt, he enjoys the high in the begining but, hates the speedy after effects.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:10
Silver Member

I'd also like to say THANK YOU to so many, I've learned so much from these threads, that I now educate many friends with my vast knowledge!

MisMonroe added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepin Fetchit View Post
I usually get banned from discussion forums within the first day, so I feel pretty lucky too.
I found this so hilarious, maybe it was a sign of what was soon to become inevitable! hah

Last edited by MisMonroe; 02-04-2012 at 10:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,447, Level: 12 Points: 7,447, Level: 12 Points: 7,447, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
I wonder what is causing this increase in meth discussion.
Is meth becoming more popular?
Is meth more widely available than before?
the bigest reason why a lot of talk on the subject, is because the meth is adulterated , the epic widespread of bunk meth being sold has reached the whole country.

the speed is nothing like it was 10 years + ago and that is coming from someone in a state full of drugs and money, and close to mexico where most of it comes from, if our supplies are tainted imagine other states that are further away and with less product affordability?

the stuff that we get that is fairly pure but still weak, imagine what it looks like after the transportation costs and middle to low level dealers get their paws on it , it gets to be a real problem for the end user in Nebraska or Utah etcl.. the supply has decreased while the demand increases , we are fucked into putting bad shit in our bodies ,, we feel awful and wonder what the fuck is in our shit, we google and find ourselves here , posting threads like " I did a fat shot and all I feel is shaky and sleepy"

Share this on:

Tags
meth, meth popularity, methamphetamine

» New Threads
Embarrrasing female issues...
Last post by Poppi
1 Replies, 8 Views
why is my benzo tolerance so high?
Last post by Trying Again
5 Replies, 75 Views
IBOGAINE Treatment for Heroin...
Last post by Mr Bumble