Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-03-2012, 09:58

28 y/o Female from United States
A_Beautiful_Tragedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Help finding new injection sites?

SWIM has been an injection user for 5+ years in a row, and is now spending up to 20 hours straight without finding a site.. it is not that SWIM is afraid of trying odd places.. SWIM blew out the little hand and on top of foot veins long ago, even the one right above the ankle bone.. of course inside elbows are gone.. SWIM has recently been working on the thigh area, but is still spending 10/15 hours poking around on the thighs trying to find a spot.. is SWIM just out of veins? LOL? SWIM has recently had to make several emergency room visits just to sneak off with the i.v in SWIMS arm to use for a few hours.. since SWIM does not have insurance, these hospital trips have to stop...

SWIM has googled many different websites looking up placements of different veins to use, but so far hasnt had any luck with those spots..

SWIM sees a few close to the surface veins on swims breasts that seem like they should work.. has any ladies out there had success with this??

SWIM has also tried finding spots on hips, stomach and even armpits.. so SWIM is not afraid to try anything SWIM can reach... SWIM is very familiar with covering spots up with makeup, hasnt failed yet lol..

Seem like even getting under the brightest light around and twisting swims body in every single way swim can, swim STILL spends 12 hours before swim gives up and puts the injection in the natural fat on swims arm or buttocks (remembering from childhood the shots given in those areas).. but to swim, putting it in those locations is a waste..

Swim uses 10/13 packs a day and litterly 90% of it is not getting directly into the vein.. so you can see why SWIM is frustrated.. expensive habbit is no longer enjoyable..

Swim uses 30 gauge 1/2CC 12.7 insulin syringes (since nothing else is available near swims location) and this is part of the rigging swim was taught to use.. and just a normal piece of 1 inch elastic band (bought at a fabric store) for a tourniquet.. so any info on what different set up to look/as for, would be appreciated..

So anyways, as for the one spot swim will hit once every few days, that spot only lasts 1ce, 2ce maybe 3 times if swim is lucky and swim is getting sick of it... If swim is doing something wrong, that i wasnt tought or hadnt figured out, plz let swim know.. the person who taught me was a one time quick lesson.. do swim has had to learn everything else on swims own.. even the mistake of hitting an artery, which swim keeps doing now a days..and now SWIM is over pariniod about when feeling for a spot, not being able to tell the difference (when sick) between artery and just the pulse coming from SWIMS finger tips..

Also, how long does it take for a vein to work again? I have had a very few spots come back and others disappear forever.. is that right or is swim doing something wrong??

Any and all serious replies are greatly appreciated..

B.T.W. Hope the terminology "SWIM" is correct.. joined the site a while ago & forgot, so now is 1st time reading & posting.. apologies if not correct..
Old 22-03-2012, 22:19
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Help finding new injection sites?

As much as you don't want to hear this I think your best option is to start smoking/snorting instead of injecting. You said you were wasting about 90% of your dope anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be that hard to get used to.

If you really want to keep injecting some things I have found that help are 1) changing your lighting. If you've been in your room for an hour trying to hit try going into a different room or even outside because I think sunshine is the best light to find veins with. 2) Stay hydrated. If I can't hit I'll drink a few glasses of water and suddenly it becomes 100x easier. 3) If you have someone you trust, recruit them to help you. They might be able to see something you can't. 4) Try using a different tourniquet, I like tights/stockings but sometimes I'll use something else and I'll find veins I didn't see with the stockings.

Remember that you do have veins somewhere. If you didn't you would be getting your arms/legs amputated.
Old 22-03-2012, 22:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Female from United States
Megan288 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

why can't you quit? Is it because you are afraid you will never be happy again? Do you not know of any ex addicts who have a life you would like to live?
Old 23-03-2012, 01:36
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from Canada
Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.Mainline Love is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2

There are a few very visible and tempting veins on my chest too but to be honest I'm way too wary of hitting a major artery to mess with that. An aquaintance used to use her jugular and went to the land of eternal nod so the thought of using ANY vein on my torso just terrifies me..

If a nurse is able to get an I.V into you then I hate to say it but maybe it's your technique or the needles you are using. Maybe you could get a how-to refresher somewhere? If there is a harm reduction/needle exchange program in your area.
I'm not sure having a needle that's too small would be a problem, I've always heard the smaller the better but 30 gauge sounds pretty small. I use 28 g and they've always worked. It's a shame you can't try out different size needles.

Though if you have been shooting for five years it's possible your veins just need a break. Like Runnerupbeautyqueen suggested, maybe you should consider smoking your dope for a month or so. You would be surprised by how much longer the effects can last.

Good luck!
Old 23-03-2012, 01:51
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

i would try plugging - i mean if you get tired of looking for a vein and the veins aren't working anyway - maybe just snip off the needle and plug the shot.

i never tried it myself - always did muscle shots when my veins were shot - but ended up with a LOT of abcesses over the years.

wish i had heard of plugging back then i would have much less scars these days

another idea that helped me was either running around the block first to get the veins pumped up or getting into a warm bath.

both increase circulation and the bath even makes it easier to stick in the needle since your skin is hydrated.

and DRINK MORE WATER!!! it really helps!

i haven't injected anything in over 12 years and my elbow veins are still non-existent! some of my hand veins look like they are coming back though. towards the end the only vein left was on the outer side of my hand facing away from me and hard to hit.
Old 23-03-2012, 02:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7

i would suggest you try a little more around in your bicep. drink lots of water and then take a hot shower, put the tourniquet on, and instead of looking for a vein, see if you can feel one. a vein feels puffy, slightly raised compared to skin. like it was said if a nurse can still grab a vein in your arm, you are not doing something right, and there must still be some deeper veins around which have not been discovered.

there is also switching over to muscle injecting, which can be dangerous because of the infection risk, but if you must, it is something people do when they run out of veins. then after you muscle for a while veins will come back, you can IV a couple times before they go away.

another idea would be finding another IV user, who could give another couple eye balls on the situation, many times others can hit veins you can, and a older IV user could have some tips.

i will mention there are some very large, deep, dangerous veins, that when people start using them, it is the point of no return. people will die of infection, even when using perfect sterile technique, and/or have a leg amputated. do not do this, there was a member on this site who was a user like this, ended up being banned for recommending dangerous things, and died of infection because after loosing all other veins she turned to this deadly practice. other members no who im talking about, i just thought id say it so i dont sound like a dare officer, it happened to someone who was a member of this forum.

good luck
Old 23-03-2012, 03:30
Silver Member

Male from Earth
BetaCell is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan288 View Post
why can't you quit? Is it because you are afraid you will never be happy again? Do you not know of any ex addicts who have a life you would like to live?
This type of response is:

1] Off Topic
2] Not helpful
3] Condescending

Megan288 => While I believe your reply is well-intended it does not read as such. Please avoid replying with posts like this. If you have information that is relevant to the original post / question then please contribute - as any and all information which is potentially helpful to A_Beautiful_Tragedy will inherently be useful to everyone as well and will be reciprocated with a great level of appreciation.

Thank you Megan288

Post Quality Evaluations:
Solid and respectful point!
Old 23-03-2012, 04:56
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
OPIamore is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

plugging is always a pretty good option. thats what i would do if i could not find a vein. its better than muscling, and safer. you can... i should say.. I, would even get a rush from plugging.

HeroinHelper has alot of good info on where veins are. diagrams and pictures even.
Old 24-03-2012, 00:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Female from United States
Megan288 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

ok, **** Betacall ****

Post Quality Evaluations:
Useless one word post.

Share this on: