Old 20-03-2012, 17:32

27 y/o Male from Canada
Mrs_jackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How can lasix be used to beat a drug test

The title is self explanatory.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please provide information other than a sentence in your title if you want help. Provide as much helpful info as you can regarding your question. Posts should have content.
Old 20-03-2012, 17:47
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11
Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3%
Re: How can lasix be used to beat a drug test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_jackson View Post
The title is self explanatory.
It would be if we knew what lasix was & which drugs it was required to mask.
Old 20-03-2012, 18:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
NefariousCupcake is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

The only way to FOR SURE pass a drug test is to not have any drugs in one's system (or at least one's they are testing for). Furosemide (Lasix) is not full-proof and some people will still run the risk of dropping a dirt pee.

Not saying the furosemide won't work but please do a tester just in case. I believe the regime (just in general, I don't know about specific substances as this was posted regarding marijuana) is 80mg lasix, lots o wata, pee two times, take a test (Robert Freeman).
Old 20-03-2012, 19:05
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Calliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline Medline
Points: 3,592, Level: 8 Points: 3,592, Level: 8 Points: 3,592, Level: 8
Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4%

Um, lasix is furosemide, a loop diuretic. It is a pretty powerful one, too, so I'd be pretty leery of messing about with it to try to defeat a drug test, even if diuretics were useful for this purpose, which they are not, anyway.

See: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...etic+drug+test

Addition: don't take lasix (furosemide) if you have taken aspirin -- the lasix will interfere with your body's ability to eliminate aspirin and you could develop aspirin toxicity. I mention this because sometimes people claim that taking a big dose of aspirin can defeat some drug tests. WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T TAKE THEM BOTH! Aspirin toxicity can cause hearing loss. It is not something you want.

Further addition: the info sheet for lasix says the following about aspirin toxicity: "Patients receiving high doses of salicylates concomitantly with Lasix, as in rheumatic disease, may experience salicylate toxicity at lower doses because of competitive renal excretory sites."

This is consistent with normal low doses of aspirin not presenting any serious risk of toxicity in combination with lasix. However, if someone were to make a poor decision to try to defeat a drug test by taking a large dose of aspirin, then if they were to make the further poor decision to take lasix for the same purpose, they would be putting themselves at risk for aspirin toxicity.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Sane and considered advice about toying around with potent diuretics
Good harm reductio advice. could you add a source for aspirin tox when on lasix
Great advice. Also, thanks for expanding on the OP's topic & explaining what was the topic is!

Last edited by Calliope; 21-03-2012 at 22:56. Reason: Further information. & yet further info.
Old 20-03-2012, 19:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
NefariousCupcake is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Calliope is right! I didn't stress this at all so here goes: Furosemide is a heavy diuretic and should only be prescribed and taken under the supervision of a doctor. Again, the only sure fire way to pass a drug test is to not do drugs or any substance that could potentially cause a false positive.
Old 20-03-2012, 20:44
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,877, Level: 20 Points: 19,877, Level: 20 Points: 19,877, Level: 20
Activity: 27.7% Activity: 27.7% Activity: 27.7%

I totally agree with the above comments that strong diuretics are potentially dangerous and probably best avoided, and that the only surefire way to avoid a positive test result is to abstain rather than trying to play the system.

I also don't see how a diuretic alone would help one circumvent a positive drug test. A diuretic is just going to result in a fail for producing a dilute sample unless its usage is exquisitely well gauged. If that keeps happening then they'll probably take a hair follicle test instead in which case the testee would be up shit creek without a paddle.

I'd also think that common masking agents like furosemide are present in the GC/MS libraries used by laboratories that perform confirmatory testing. If the sample was sent for GC/MS then the presence of furosemide may be identified, which unless prescribed would be a clear indication of sample tampering. Perhaps someone with experience in this field could clarify if confirmatory tests are likely to screen for known interfering agents?
Old 20-03-2012, 22:07
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I'm not in the testing field, and admit that I don't fully understand exactly what 'oxidizing adulterants' may or may not be, so this may or may not be relevant (I'll leave it to the chem whizzes to decide):

Quote:
SAMHSA (2004) guidelines recommend that a number of validity checks be performed for all urine drug screens, including temperature, creatinine, specific gravity (when creatinine is less than 20 mg/dl), pH, and tests for oxidizing adulterants.
In a healthy volunteer, creatinine is expected to be greater than or equal to 20 ppm. A creatinine level below this threshold suggests that a sample has been diluted, either directly or through excessive fluid ingestion. In a healthy volunteer, the specific gravity of a urine specimen is expected to be greater than or equal to 1.003 and to have a pH between 3 and 11. A pH or specific gravity outside of this range may suggest chemical adulteration.
To me, it suggests that if SAMSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration) is recommending it, then testing companies are probably complying - at least in the US anyway.
It seems intuitive that they would have an up to date library, no doubt it will greatly improve their performance record and make them more competitive if they can claim to screen for known adulterants etc.

That quote is from a useful research article by Jaffee et al called "Is this urine really negative? A systematic review of tampering methods in urine drug screening and testing", Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 33 (2007) 33– 42. It does exactly what it says on the tin and reviews the effectiveness of several methods/compounds. Granted it is 5 yrs old, so may be pretty outdated but I'll upload it to the archives if it isn't already there...
Hope that helps.

ETA: Document (re)added HERE - Jasim had uploaded it a long time ago but it comes up as unavailable?

Last edited by catseye; 20-03-2012 at 22:37. Reason: added link/clarify

Share this on: