Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 18-03-2012, 13:16
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
"MOP" screen for on-site probation drug testing - what does it mean??

My girlfriend is on probation & gets random drug tests. She's doing well now & the only thing she takes is her prescribed methadone.

She got a urine-based drug screen (I'm not sure if it was an actual dip stick, or one of the ones where the testing strips are part of the sample cup) & was negative for everything except the one marked "MOP". Her PO was new & went to ask & was told it was the "Morphine" test & that her methadone triggered it and that she's all set.

Now, we know that methadone does not share any metabolites with morphine. Any research I've done also seems to say that MOP & OPI are pretty much interchangeable in drug testing & that they both test for Opiates; specifically morphine.

Anyone know why methadone would cause a positive for morphine??! I think there was still a chance that she *could* have still had some Heroin/morphine in her system - an extremely small chance, but a chance nonetheless. But the PO was fine when she was told my girlfriend is prescribed methadone.

Are there dip stick/quick tests out there that test for multiple kinds of opioids in one strip?? Could this "MOP" test in fact be testing for opiates and oxycodone and methadone, for instance? Are they able to "combine" tests like this???

~Kailey
Old 18-03-2012, 15:10
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,108, Level: 13 Points: 9,108, Level: 13 Points: 9,108, Level: 13
Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5%
Re: "MOP" screen for on-site probation drug testing - what does it mean??

MOP stands for MOrPhine.

Quote:
Morphine Urine Screen Test Devices

MOP Rapid Screen Test Cassettes and Strips

Morphine Urine Screen Tests, i.e. Morphine drug tests, use selected monoclonal antibody to detect elevated levels of drug of abuse chemicals, namely morphine and its metabolites in human urine specimens. Our one-step Morphine Tests can be used as Morphine self-test devices. MOP urine tests are a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay, which yield a positive result when the concentration of Morphine in urine sample are higher than the cut-off value 300 ng/mL. Our company can supply CE Morphine Test devices in large quantity at low prices.
Morphine rapid Tests are an immunoassay based on the principle of competitive binding. With MOR urine test, an Morphine-positive urine specimen (MOP concentration >300 ng/mL) will not generate a pink line in the test line region because of drug competition; while a MOP-negative urine specimen or a specimen containing a drug concentration less than the cut-off value will generate a pink line in the test line region.

As general to one-step rapid drug tests, one pink line of in a morphine screen test indicates a positive result, and two pink lines indicate a negative result. This result interpretation makes drug test different from all other rapid test strips and cassettes.
Source: http://www.ivdpretest.com/Morphine-Drug-Rapid-Test.html

Tell Girlie not to show this to her PO, for they are not able to combine multiple immuno-essay tests in one strip. There must have been rests of Opiates in her urine. Only possibility they come out positive otherwise is when there was loperamide used in the meantime..(there is a small chance to have them false positive when eating poppy based food, like Mohnstrudel for instance)

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 18-03-2012 at 15:17. Reason: editing pic out and adding something
Old 18-03-2012, 15:32
Gold Member

kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
MOP stands for MOrPhine.

Tell Girlie not to show this to her PO, for they are not able to combine multiple immuno-essay tests in one strip. There must have been rests of Opiates in her urine. Only possibility they come out positive otherwise is when there was loperamide used in the meantime..(there is a small chance to have them false positive when eating poppy based food, like Mohnstrudel for instance)
Thanks, yeah, I was pretty sure that MOP was morphine, and JUST morphine. She swears that it had been over a week since she'd last done any Heroin (and I guess she only did 1 bag, so just under half a gram), and at least a week between when she last did it before THAT. I'll ask her if she'd taken any lope; I don't think she likes to eat anything with poppy seeds, cuz she has really bad teeth she hasn't fixed yet.

See, our main concern is that if methadone ISN'T supposed to show up under the MOP line (and it would seem that it shouldn't), that if she really abstains from the dope...what happens when her next test comes back negative for EVERYTHING (as it should)? We're concerned about her being retroactively violated, know what I mean? She's actually really trying to do well these days, and that could be devastating to her.

Ugh. I am *so* glad I've never had to worry about probation. I don't know how it works in other countries, but here it just seems like they set you up to fail. I mean, I know of a guy who'd been doing great for a long time & got sent back to jail for inadvertently trespassing. He didn't even know he had been trespassing! But because he was involved with the police, even though the charges were dropped, he got violated. For taking a shortcut. *shakes head*

Anyway, they make you jump through so many f'n hoops that it's very difficult to live the life of a productive member of society & make it to all their appointments (especially random ones, like "show up here in the next 3 hours")...yet they are also upset if you don't get a job & become a productive member of society! ARGH! You can't win with them! Just watching my friends & loved ones go through the process is painful; can't imagine how it is for them.

So, yeah. She & I are worried that either she somehow had morphine metabolites still in her system, or that it was a false positive & that she'll be f'd once her next one comes along. Guess we'll find out when the next one comes...

Thanks, sweetie.

~Kailey
Old 18-03-2012, 15:57
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,108, Level: 13 Points: 9,108, Level: 13 Points: 9,108, Level: 13
Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5%

I really had had no clue about this all, if I myself hadn't been on probation for two years for, sit down: Intended purchase of stupefying substances, meaning the pigs caught us when I had a 50 Deutschmark Bill in one hand and the dealer my bag in his...
long story short, I couldn't afford to pay a fine of 1000DM (which my mate who was with me had to pay) because of already being deeeeep in debt, so the judge put me on probation with fourrandom piss tests in two years.
When I went to the first the guy at the institute asked me whether I would be on methadone (which I at that time wasn't) and then proceeded with the MOP test, otherwise he would have taken a five strp test MOP, mAMP, THC, COC,BZO, which would have come out positive for THC, Phew....
I never did all the four tests, they let me get away with two...

Later in rehab I was "housechief" for four months and it was my duty to do thepiss tests on the other males... Time enough to read about that immunoessay shit.
IIRC I once have loaded up a document about false positive urine testing, but I couldn't find it now, no clue how I named it or where I put it exactly, but it should exist. I was a fresh Silver member then, so this must be short of two years ago.
BTW, Do you still remember when you were upgraded to Titanium? I feel atm I am the most reputed Silver member of all times...lol

No, seriously, If there should be issues to your friend because of false positive, there are documents about it. Hopefully all goes well for her.

TBBW

and NO, the numbers above are not price discussion!
Old 31-03-2012, 22:40
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
BTW, Do you still remember when you were upgraded to Titanium? I feel atm I am the most reputed Silver member of all times...lol
Baby, I've been here since 2004 and didn't graduate to Titanium until last year, I think.

It'll come. I think I was close to being promoted to Titanium...right before they changed the promotions from "every month" to "a few times a year". ARGH! *lol* That was frustrating!

But yeah, I'm sure you'll be on the next round of promotions. The promotion train just doesn't come around that often. *giggle*

Regarding my friend, afaik she hasn't had another drug test from her PO officer; I guess she doesn't drug test her every time she goes in? But it will be interesting to see what the results are...

~Kailey
Old 31-03-2012, 22:52
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
knightsmith is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I posted feedback similar to this thread an hour or two ago, about false positives. The worse kind of testing today is urine, its the cheapest, compared to oral swabs, that seem to have cleared my name after false positives. Tell the truth, perhaps ask if there is oral swab testing. These are more expensive but have cleared my name many times.

Share this on:

Tags
drug testing