Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 18-03-2012, 05:39

Male from United States
md591 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Has anyone ever developed permanent stomach problems (10/325 apap)

Hi, SWIM is in the process of getting mentally ready to say good bye to all this stuff, and in the mean time, has a question and is having trouble finding discussions that fit exactly. Hopefully this is a good spot as the people in this topic have a lot of experience.

I know that aspirin can cause stomach problems (bleeding, ulcers, etc) when used too much but SWIM takes oxycodone/APAP 325's. From what I've read, acetaminophen effects the liver in high doses, but not the stomach. But like all similar drugs, they do cause constipation.

He's been taking 2 10mg's a day (occasionally 4) for 3-4 years, and in that time has had two or three bouts of constipation that only became bad because he held them in for too long (due to inexplicable fear of public bathrooms). Never had any serious or long-lasting issues though.

Three weeks ago, pretty much out of nowhere, his stomach started making noises... not "hunger pangs" but constant, extremely loud noises that sound like gurgling combined with water sloshing around combined with some noises that can't be described. There seems to definitely be a problem with how his body is digesting food, and it's causing a lot of anxiety and embarrassment. He did make an appt with a gastro doctor and is just waiting for that day to get here.

He doesn't have any symptoms (no nausea, heartburn, stomach pain) and hasn't had any constipation issues since this started. He's just curious if the oxy has caused a similar issue in anyone else.
Old 18-03-2012, 06:10
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Re: Has anyone ever developed permanent stomach problems (10/325 apap)

A rare adverse effect for acetaminophen is dyspepsia. Oxycodone should not cause increased peristalsis or secretions, in fact it does the opposite.

Can you answer for me the following?

-Are you on any other medications or drugs?
-What has your typical diet been like these past few weeks?
-How much water and other fluids do you drink daily? Have you increased/decreased fluid input/output?
-Have you introduced any new foods into your diet during the past three weeks?
-Are your bowels operating normally, considering the past few weeks only?
-Can you identify any foods that may be contributing to increased flatulence?

Old 18-03-2012, 07:10

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-junkie View Post
A rare adverse effect for acetaminophen is dyspepsia. Oxycodone should not cause increased peristalsis or secretions, in fact it does the opposite.

Can you answer for me the following?

-Are you on any other medications or drugs?
-What has your typical diet been like these past few weeks?
-How much water and other fluids do you drink daily? Have you increased/decreased fluid input/output?
-Have you introduced any new foods into your diet during the past three weeks?
-Are your bowels operating normally, considering the past few weeks only?
-Can you identify any foods that may be contributing to increased flatulence?

Thanks for replying.

I change habits about as often as most people change their address, so no changes at all, especially that I could see attributing to this. I'd say if anything I would be eating better, I was off form work for six weeks and at nothing but crap, and went back for three weeks before this started happening and my diet was much better. I do eat some crap but I don't only eat crap, and I haven't eaten anything better or worse to attribute this kidn of problem.

And once it started I made even more changes that I thought would help and nothing has. Fiber in the AM, eating very small meals all day long, etc. Tried every different OTC product I could find and only get temporary results and still can't pinpoint any one thing that could cause it. Same result no matter what I do. Stressing me out!
Old 23-03-2012, 01:28

Male from United States

anyone else have anything?
Old 26-03-2012, 02:46

Male from United States

I'm starting to become very nervous that I've done damage to myself. For almjost a month I've had the weird stomach issues mentioned above, and then I started to develop a loss of appetite and a big change in eating habits (I love to eat so not wanting to eat is a red flag to me). Also have a very low energy level and am uncomfortable all the time. This past weekend I developed a fever that topped out around 102.1 but I've been keeping it down w/ tylenol. WHat makes me nervous about it is that I don't have any other symptoms that would me think it's the flu, although it feels like it w/ the fever and chills. But no coughing, sneezing, or congestion.

As someone who every rarely even gets colds all of this stuff is making me extremely nervous. I've read up on acetominophen but it says it's toxic at around 3-4 grams per 24 hours, and I've never come anywhere near that. most would be 1G but very rare. My bloodwork showed one of my liver enzymes as high but the GI said it wasn't dangerously high and she wants to test it again in a month, but she didn't seem worried, so base don that I'd guess my liver isn't toxic (otherwise she'd have seen that on the results).

AT this point I have no idea if it's something I caused or just a couple of really annoying coincidences, but something is definitely wrong. I don't think I could face my friends and family if I had a real health problem that I brought on myself.
Old 26-03-2012, 02:58
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Because of pain medication use/abuse, I now have gastritis. It's not supposed to be serious, but sometimes my side really hurts bad. Sorry I don't have more, but I can answer any questions.
Old 26-03-2012, 18:47
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
knightsmith is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Hi MD591

I am one of those who has suffered with stomache problems. I took large quantities of ibuprofen, which causes my stomache to bleed, and the blood went through my bowels. This caused me to have a low amount of blood, had I continued, i'd have died weeks later. I was very close.

To this day I have numerous stomache problems. Pains get to the point I almost call 999. It doesn't seem to be a concern for the doctors though. Anyone suffering stomache issues, who's taking anything containing ibuprofen, get your stomache scanned, keep the appointment.
Old 26-03-2012, 20:25
Mercury Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Astal needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

The only reason to be real worried is, blood in stool, heart burn causing vomitting, a outbreak of rashes ect..

Its probably your organs having trouble digesting food or its your organs getting back to normal since pain meds suppress nearly all of your organs and glands.

I always take Homozon when I have stomach problems, get it before its banned by the FDA, its magnesium which is ozonated so when you drink it, and then drink lemon or grapefruit juice it will release o2 (oxygen) inside your intestines killing off harmful bacteria and parasites ect.... and flushing your butthole out like a draino foaming pipe snake.

Amazon.com has it at a good price
Old 26-03-2012, 20:43
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I think you're overreacting a tad. Its true that the toxic dose of apap is around 4000 mg, but in individuals who have been taking it for an extended amount of time the liver builds an immunity to it. Most vicodin addicts who take an extreme amount of vicodin, 30-50 a day or even 100, dont develop significant liver problems. Im not positive about the lining of the stomache, but i think its a similar situation. With no tolerance it will kill you, but like anything else you put in your body, slow escalation of dosage builds tolerance.

Ive had stomache problems since my opiate use, but its because of all the constipation i suffered. Eventually i took laxatives and that screwed me up.

At the dosage you are at, as long as you dont suddenly take an excessive amount of apap i think you're fine.

It could be a number of other issues, try changing your diet and getting a good amount of excercise. Odds are it will sort itself out. good luck.
Old 27-03-2012, 01:29

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke32 View Post
It could be a number of other issues, try changing your diet and getting a good amount of excercise. Odds are it will sort itself out. good luck.
This the answer that's driving me most crazy... I wouldn't be worried if that stuff worked! lol. To say it's "stress" or "change your diet" is just very dismissive to me (not blaming anyone, as you wouldn't have any way of knowing what I"ve tried, etc).

The reality is that the problem has been here for a month now, and is increasingly getting worse no matter what changes I make. I have no clue if it's caused by the percocet use or if it's something totally unrelated, but it's nothing simply like stress, diet, or getting exersize... I wish it was that simple.
Old 27-03-2012, 22:38
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
nerd87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hey md, sorry things have not been getting better with your digestive system! I have been using opiates or some sort for almost 13 years and I have developed an ulcer I think. I have bad pain to the point it is hard to bear. Which test are they going to perform in the coming month? The longer my use goes, the worse my stomach pains and such get so there may be a connection. I am seeing a GI doc in a week myself for my stomach issues.

I wish I could help you more, but I wanted to tell you that you are not alone in having stomach issues. If I find out anything about the connection, if there is one, between percs and stomach issues, I will let you know. I am curious myself. Best of luck and please keep us updated
Old 28-03-2012, 03:14

32 y/o Male from United States
Super-Monkey should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Have you lost a lot of weight recently? I ask this because I have been skinny all of my life and have always been able to hear my stomach making the same noises you are describing. I think it's just something to do with not having much of a sound barrier over my stomach so you can basically hear my intestines doing their thing.

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone, stomach issues

» New Threads
Drug test expiry matabolites
Last post by williejo
1 Replies, 153 Views
Need help I have to see my P/O...
Last post by williejo
4 Replies, 437 Views
First trip, 300ug: Extreme...
Last post by califiir