Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 16-03-2012, 01:26

25 y/o Male from United States
lolmoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Positive drug test for one-time cocaine use 3 days ago

So Monday morning (12AM to 3:30AM), SWIM did around a gram of coke (give or take). This was the first time SWIM has ever done coke. Thursday evening (today), SWIM had a random drug test and it came up positive for coke. The story was that SWIM had a cigarette that tasted weird and may have been laced. They sent it off to the lab to confirm the positive.

Is SWIM fucked? Many sources say it takes 48-72 hours to get out of your system for an infrequent user. It has been about 80 hours sense the last line. So is it possible it will come up as a trace positive and the story will be bought? Is it also possible that by the time it gets tested by the lab, the metabolite will die off below the point of detection and considered a false positive due to the fact the majority is already flushed? It takes about a week for the lab to get a hold of the sample and SWIM is very skinny, and has urinated fairly frequently sense then.

lolmoney added 6 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

EDIT: My bad. I meant to say 63 hours. Almost 72. Most drugs SWIM does,he can usually flush on the low side of the window (so if a drug is testable 2-3 days, and he can get it out in 2.

Last edited by lolmoney; 16-03-2012 at 01:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-03-2012, 01:29
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5
Re: Positive drug test for one-time cocaine use 3 days ago

I would say that it depends on why the test was done. Some jobs may accept the laced cigarette excuse but I am doubtful that a parole officer would accept that as a legitimate excuse.

If you have had legal problems with drugs in the past, you might not be able to pull off the "I didn't know" card.

Normally I would say to be as honest as possible, but in the reverse situation, I can see myself having the same dilemma as you, OP. Good luck.
Old 16-03-2012, 01:31

Ugh. Nvm again. It was 80 hours. Monday morning at 3AM was the last line,SWIM's test was 6PM Thursday

lolmoney added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
I would say that it depends on why the test was done. Some jobs may accept the laced cigarette excuse but I am doubtful that a parole officer would accept that as a legitimate excuse.

If you have had legal problems with drugs in the past, you might not be able to pull off the "I didn't know" card.

Normally I would say to be as honest as possible, but in the reverse situation, I can see myself having the same dilemma as you, OP. Good luck.
SWIM is on probation for a non drug offense.

Last edited by lolmoney; 16-03-2012 at 01:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-03-2012, 01:40
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmoney View Post
SWIM is on probation for a non drug offense.
What happens next really depends on the relationship you have with you officer and how many UA's you have passed so far. If your reputation is that you are up front and compliant, your excuse may work. I would definitely expect more random UA's. Most of the time, a person on probation can violate the terms once before probation is revoked depending again on the local laws and severity of actions. Rather than revoke probation, the trend is to order some kind of drug and alcohol evaluation and possible rehab. Some rehab programs are called day treatment from jail... which means you go to jail obviously. Some programs are expected to be paid from the person's own pocket.

There are too many variables to know what's going to happen but you can prepare for some of the probable outcomes, the least harsh of which is that a 1 time offense and a viable excuse will band aid the situation.

Please keep us posted on what happens.
Old 16-03-2012, 01:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
What happens next really depends on the relationship you have with you officer and how many UA's you have passed so far. If your reputation is that you are up front and compliant, your excuse may work. I would definitely expect more random UA's. Most of the time, a person on probation can violate the terms once before probation is revoked depending again on the local laws and severity of actions. Rather than revoke probation, the trend is to order some kind of drug and alcohol evaluation and possible rehab. Some rehab programs are called day treatment from jail... which means you go to jail obviously. Some programs are expected to be paid from the person's own pocket.

There are too many variables to know what's going to happen but you can prepare for some of the probable outcomes, the least harsh of which is that a 1 time offense and a viable excuse will band aid the situation.

Please keep us posted on what happens.
SWIM has been on probation for a while and passed every drug test until now. SWIM has had about 20+ drug tests so far. SWIM has always been honest when he talks with his PO. But due to the fact it was over 72hrs ago, is it likely it might come back negative from the lab?
Old 16-03-2012, 06:54

21 y/o Male from Canada
The.Snowin.Downer should review received reputation comments.

Sorry to say it but if it was in your urine than it will still be there at the lab, it doesnt go away. Since you have passed so many and it should have mostly been out of your system there is a possibility that they might buy your excuse, but you never know, good luck.
Old 16-03-2012, 07:55
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Snowin.Downer View Post
Sorry to say it but if it was in your urine than it will still be there at the lab, it doesnt go away. Since you have passed so many and it should have mostly been out of your system there is a possibility that they might buy your excuse, but you never know, good luck.
I agree. If the urine sample is stored properly, it should not degrade.
Old 16-03-2012, 08:13

Update: the cup was left at my house in the bathroom trash. I looked at it. There is a line on drug (which a line of any sort on drug is negative). However it is so faint compared to the other lines, you have to look at it under the light to notice. I've read that if it is positive, the D line will be completely blank. My theory is that the sample was probably barely below cutoff. Hopefully that's the case so the lab can confirm it negative.
Old 16-03-2012, 08:34
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,906, Level: 13 Points: 7,906, Level: 13 Points: 7,906, Level: 13
Activity: 34.0% Activity: 34.0% Activity: 34.0%

There is no way to re-evaluate an "old" piss test stick. You do the test, read it and after ten more minutes there can be as much red lines as you want, that can*t tell anything about how the test was at the moment of reading it.

Good luck

I have written it somewhere else that a tested person might be best off by buying himself sticks, best the ones that are used by the PO, too, and do the test themselves, then they know what will come out and don't have to speculate wildly on an online forum.

Get yourself the data, then you are on the dry side.

TBBW

Post Quality Evaluations:
Important point to make. The test readings are only stable for a certain amount of time.

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 16-03-2012 at 08:37. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 17-03-2012, 00:00
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
stryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way up
Points: 395, Level: 3 Points: 395, Level: 3 Points: 395, Level: 3
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Cocaine metabolites can be detectable in urine from 1-4 days. It is highly dependent on dose and hydration of the individual and the cutoff/reporting threshold used by the laboratory.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine