Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

The euphoric body Physical sides of drug use.

Old 15-03-2012, 12:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Iluvpinkstars should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Why would suboxone cause someone to not be able to urinate?

Swim enjoys a suboxone buzz occasionally. He is not a huge opiate freak, uppers are more his prefered drug. However suboxone delivers a high very similiar to heroin, considering it is an opiate blocker used for opiate addicts. It is also very cheap, swim bought 8mg strips for 5-10 bucks. He only need to put half of one under his tounge to get very fucked up, a hole one would leave him extremely fucked up for 24 hours. However suboxone, unlike any other drug he has ever done, left him unable to urinate. he would drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and feel as though he had to go, however when he treid to he would stand at toilet for 5 minutes trying and nothing would come out.

Swim was curious if anyone else has had or heard of this effect from suboxone or any other drug?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not discuss prices, it is against the rules
Old 15-03-2012, 13:36
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Calliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline Medline
Points: 3,889, Level: 9 Points: 3,889, Level: 9 Points: 3,889, Level: 9
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%
Re: Why would suboxone cause someone to not be able to urinate?

Urinary retention is a possible side effect of any opiate/opioid drug. It is not very common (it is more common in older people and with morphine), but the suboxone can affect the smooth muscles and inhibit what is called the urinary reflex, making it so you can't urinate. It can also have a more direct effect on your kidneys that slows or prevents the production of urine itself.

It sounds like you do not take suboxone on a regular basis, but keep in mind that urinary retention can be a serious medical problem if it perisists. Your body needs to produce urine and get rid of the stuff that is flushed out in it. If suboxone has this effect on you it would be every wise to avoid taking it and stick with things that don't interfere with your urination.

Stay safe!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great answer!
its actually extremely common as soon as i read this i thought of 4 others and myself who experience retention from opiates, one who's doctors cant administer them without a catheter!
Old 15-03-2012, 21:27
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

I used to get problems urinating properly when on opiates.Im now doing a methadone reduction and when i hit 10mg it seemed like i needed to pee all the time though it was just going back to normal really.I still needed to piss when on methadon/heroin but it took ages to get going.Once it did start it took ages to stop.Dont know if suboxone works the same but probably is quite similar.If you only use now and again it shouldnt be too much to worry about.
Old 16-03-2012, 01:13
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Jon Dose is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This is actually much more common than stated above. Any opiate users swim has ever been in contact with have reported a problem from time to time, being able to urinate with ease. When swim first started opiates it was much worse than it is for him now but it still occurs. Try not to strain as this can make things much worse. Running the water helps, as does sitting down. Try to relax and think about something else until it comes freely and if it persists, maybe cut back on the opiates. Swiy will probably notice that the higher swiy are, the harder it is to urinate. Stay safe.
Old 23-03-2012, 01:32

38 y/o Male from United States
jonrham1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim is at 200mg of oxycodone a day now and even having trouble getting a buzz off four 30mgs and swim has a harrrrrd time taking a leak,like sitting on the toilet for 15 mins before it starts finally but swim is going to start tapering off and try an home detox before this monkey consumes him
Old 23-03-2012, 02:31
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

this is VERY common with all types of opiates. for me, i get it from almost everything at a high enough dose, oxycodone, heroin, fentanyl, methadone, but not so much with soboxone, but i never took a very high dose. this happens to a lot of people, i suppose i dont go around asking everyone i used with/bought from what their bathroom habit are like high. i have heard it from several others, young people in their 20's using oxycodone or heroin.

im on methadone and at my clinic there has to be someone in the bathroom with you when you pee for a drug test. because of the retention and weirdness of a guy who may be looking at your dick (most dont stare at it but they are supposed to, and when im having trouble peeing i dont stare at the guy square in the eye so im not too sure if he could recall what my penis looks like when we pass each other in the hall, maybe he can) makes is VERY hard for me to produce a urine sample and it has been an issue.

one time i was drinking a lot of beer, and stupidly mixing it with oxycodone, and i drank like 10 beers (at the time was an extreme alcoholic and opiate addict, this is a dangerous mix and should not be done) and COULD NOT PEE. i wanted to go to bed but i started freaking out thinking my bladder might burst or ill piss my pants, and ended up spending about an hour TRYING to pee out ten beers.

Share this on:

Tags
suboxone