Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 13-03-2012, 17:54
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from Canada
Crystal_Queen is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Methylphenidate Injection Potency/Duration?

Oral: 4 hours
Nasal: 2 hourish
IV: ??

Assuming its cleaned out..

Most internet experiences describe it as a stronger but shorter rush.
Intensity she gets, but why, and how much shorter? 30min? an hour?
Is it simply the lack of time release? or do MAOI transporter drugs have difficulty maintaining saturation in the synaptic cleft with the re-uptake pump still active?

Scientific explanations anyone?
Old 21-03-2012, 10:03

Female from United States
deximate should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Methylphenidate Injection Potency/Duration?

injecting methylphenidate is just not a great idea for a plethora of reasons. injecting pills in general isn't too bright, but ritalin - and I speak from personal, near fatal, experience - can and will cause a pulmonary embolism (or an embolism somewhere else in your body; mine was pulmonary). don't even think about it.
Old 24-03-2012, 22:23

23 y/o Male from Canada
NoRehab is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

In my opinion, People really seem to enjoy injection ritalin. Not exactly sure why but where im from there are junkies for this, The GOING rate for ritalin pills range from 5-10 (cant say prices lets call them, pepsi's?") depending on if there 10mg or 20mg . Apperently injection of ritalin is in the range of heroin, if your thinking of doing this DONT overdue it , you WILL be addicted and even if you think you don't an " addictive personality" You might figure out you do. NOT trying to lecture or discourage you, if you think this will satisfiy your high by all means shoot up. becareful though, make sure theres no bubbles.
Old 24-03-2012, 23:55
Silver Member

63 y/o Male from United States
Corlan is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

Ritalin tabs are not intended for injection, the tablets contain talc that does damage heart valves meaning open heart surgery for for the few that can afford it. Ritalin does come an injectable form 100 mg per vial with a special solvent. The drug firms haven't reformulated the ritalin tablets but I don't think so. Self injection is great way to addict your self. The addictive pattern generally starts with snorting . I love ritalin, thats why I don't use it
Old 25-03-2012, 08:14

26 y/o Male from United States
AbductedByBuddha is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Ritalin Lung Disease is a documented problem and many related studies can be found on pubmed. It has been known to the medical community since the mid 1990s.

Don't inject Ritalin, it's very dangerous!
Even home-made extractions are not pure enough to prevent this potentially deadly disease!

The following was copied from a site for teaching radiologists to diagnose diseases via x-rays:
Quote:
Findings: PA and lateral chest radiographs show large lung volume with basilar predominant emphysema... The expiratory image shows marked air-trapping in the lung bases.
Diagnosis: Ritalin lung disease
Discussion:
Intravenous injection of methylphenidate hydrochloride (Ritalin) can lead to a basilar predominant panlobular emphysema, identical to that seen in alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency. It is believed that the non-soluble particulate filter (often talc) becomes trapped within the pulmonary arterioles and capillaries when the drugs are crushed and injected. The particles then migrate through the vessel wall into the interstial tissue and lead to aggregations of multinucleated giant cells. The pathophysiology of the basilar predominant emphysema is unkown.

References:
1. Stern EJ, Frank MS, Schmutz JF, Glenny RW, Schmidt RA, Godwin JD.
Panlobular pulmonary emphysema caused by i.v. injection of methylphenidate (Ritalin): findings on chest radiographs and CT scans. AJR. 1994 Mar;162(3):555-60.
Another reference which can be found on pubmed:
Panlobular pulmonary emphysema caused by i.v. injection of methylphenidate (Ritalin): findings on chest radiographs and CT scans. Stern, EJ et.al.

Stay safe my friends, harm reduction should be your highest priority.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpfull,nice source
Old 26-03-2012, 23:52
Silver Member

A better way to ask the question I guess is...

Amphetamines seem to increase in intensity and duration depending on the method of adminitration.

Methylphenidate, Cocaine having only Monoamine stimulation seem to only increase in Intensity...but not duration....which is what makes it unpopular to inject..cause that would be gross poking yourself every 20min....soooo

I guess is it cause amp stays in your blood longer? giving continuouse stuimulation...where as MAOI mostly just inhibits...so theres no point doing a higher dose than necesary?

is any of this correct?
shes blabbing a bit...

shes been super interested in how the brain works lately...
and atm is focusing on methods of action.
Old 28-03-2012, 04:32
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from Canada
meth_latex_catsuit_doll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Queen View Post
Oral: 4 hours
Nasal: 2 hourish
IV: ??
Bio-availability IV'ed Ritalin is 100%
Bio-availability Plugged Ritalin is 98% (rectal administration in liquid form in a baby feeding syringe and squirted up the bum)

So for all pracrical purposes, plugging ritalin is as efficient as IVing it, but without the dangers associated with IV. Plugging, just like IV is an expedited delivery, with nasal and sub-lingual ROA falling behind immediately after, by a large margin.

5 minutes ago, SWIM just plugged 60mg of CIBA brand Ritalin. Within 2 minutes (by the time SWIM pulled his skinny jeans on his way out the bathroom, onset already kicked in fast and hard and still on the rise. A coke-like rush is expected in 15 minutes that will plateau in 40 minutes. Then it's just a hyper feeling great for clubbing, or for an easy bike or inline skating ride provided SWIM stays hydrated and not stressing (as endurance increases and any feeling of muscle pain is absent, which can be fatal).

...or simply stay home and hyperfocus.

SWIM is aware that Plugging Ritalin gives a great high, but the comedown is also proportional. That is a nasty comedown. Chances of overdosing are also increased, so easy on the plunger when re-dosing. (ideally every hours, half the previous booty bump)... IV or Plugging Ritalin dramatically increases tolerance and then deal with addiction issues. Easy on the syringe (be it Rectal or IV)!

Plugging is ok for this occasional clubbing night or kinking... but highly discouraged for daily abuse/addiction. It is potent, even more if a medium Steel Butt Plug is used, to the order of 99.5% (as swim always uses) - or a dildo.

It's factual
Old 04-04-2012, 22:39
Silver Member

Male from United States
OC Head is an unknown quantity at this point

My rabbit just injected a 10mg Ritalin IR. He was a curious rabbit and decided to give it a try. It took about 20 seconds then he felt it. Methylphenidate doesn't give a rush when injected, or atleast my rabbit didn't get a rush. He just felt instantly high.

He is still feeling it and it's been 20 minutes. But he'd rather pop them or snort them.
Old 01-05-2012, 14:57
Silver Member

20min isn't very long tho compared to snorting...
which is strange considering it would be 100% absorbed..
Old 20-05-2012, 19:34

Male from Canada
Upper Downer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Just snort them don't be an idiot or if you really want a was y to get high with less of a rush mind you but a longer high cwe 10-20mg swallow it then snort 10 to20 of course this depends on tolerance but 60 Mg doses are not recommended due to the elevation in blood pressure
Old 23-07-2012, 23:13
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from Canada
meth_latex_catsuit_doll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Head View Post
My rabbit just injected a 10mg Ritalin IR. He was a curious rabbit and decided to give it a try. It took about 20 seconds then he felt it. Methylphenidate doesn't give a rush when injected, or atleast my rabbit didn't get a rush. He just felt instantly high.

He is still feeling it and it's been 20 minutes. But he'd rather pop them or snort them.
Indeed, plugging Ritalin hits fast and hard

SWIM plugged 30mg Ritalin IR half hour ago. Within 1 minute it was already into full force.... and still speeding.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:12

24 y/o Male from United States
DANS-ritalin-IV is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Plugging seems tempting, but a more intense withdrawal seems dangerous if hereditary diseases are prevalent, with delirium, paranoia, possible psychosis, with a kiss of depression . ..My blackhole has been injecting ritalin for over a year now, blackhole has been prescribed 60mg a day and also has blackhole friends in the same boat. Black hole has even found himself injecting over 900mg in 2days(never do this) blackhole has never done more than 180mg in 1 injection ,.Black hole always saves just enough to taper off back to reality. Ritalin tablets differ, the blackholes have gone through all of them, they are all equally deadly and should never be done to this extent.
Health First.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55
Silver Member

Male from United States
planoroger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

Edited

useless one liner. Please offer some evidence or at least direct your statement at someone in particular.

Last edited by planoroger; 03-11-2012 at 19:46. Reason: useless one liner
Old 13-09-2012, 14:08

38 y/o Male from Earth
ecec123 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANS-ritalin-IV View Post
Plugging seems tempting, but a more intense withdrawal seems dangerous if hereditary diseases are prevalent, with delirium, paranoia, possible psychosis, with a kiss of depression . ..My blackhole has been injecting ritalin for over a year now, blackhole has been prescribed 60mg a day and also has blackhole friends in the same boat. Black hole has even found himself injecting over 900mg in 2days(never do this) blackhole has never done more than 180mg in 1 injection ,.Black hole always saves just enough to taper off back to reality. Ritalin tablets differ, the blackholes have gone through all of them, they are all equally deadly and should never be done to this extent.
Health First.
Honestly mate. Take care of yourself. Fishy can understand your needs completely and he hasnīt left the MPD train either. All he does know is that the sadness and despair only get worse with ever increasing dosages. There is no relief.

Iīm not saying do it or donīt do it. Only you know whatīs good for you. I got my own sh*t going on, and I canīt say sh*t about sh*t. You ever need to talk, Iīm around sometimes.
Old 29-10-2012, 11:11
Silver Member

Female from Australia
medicated_life is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 10.5% Activity: 10.5% Activity: 10.5%

Injecting ritalin is a BAD idea. I've done it many times, and yes you feel good but it lasts about 1 hour. And it caused me to get a very red, sore, bruised infection on the injection site that was spreading down my arm, and I didn't miss the vein, I used clean equipment. This was the first time I had ever gotten this sort of reaction from injecting. I used to shoot up a lot of meth and cocaine when I was addicted to meth. And let me tell you - ritalin is worse for your veins than cocaine or meth!

I've injected so many pills before, but never before had I recieved this type of reaction.

And filtering it still doesn't get rid of the binders and fillers.. which in ritalin are VERY bad for your veins.

Don't do it, it's not worth it. The high is super short, and your tolerence builds incredibly fast, after a couple of shots you need more to feel the same, and it just feels less and less good. Also the more you do it you get EXTREMELY paranoid, anxious and strung out. Wayyy more than I ever got on meth or cocaine.

Ritalin is one of the worst things you could ever inject into your veins - stick to snorting or swallowing, please.
If I knew how to I would actually post a picture of how bad my arm looked like at the time - I was so scared that it was going to end up needed to be amputated and I couldn't seek medical attention for it.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:57

Male from United States
polydoc needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I injected methylphenidate or dexmethylphenidate for a year straight every day using around 120-160mgs a shot about 5 times a day. I was hospitalized toward the end and was in and out of consciousness, they didn't know what they were looking for but i'm sure had they looked they would have found the massive buildup of pill ingredients in my injection sites etc. It's like shooting decent cocaine but lasts a little longer and isn't as intense. But in high doses MPH is no joke my friends be careful, and trust me, its not fucking worth it to start shooting it up. I rarely even filtered and was shooting 3cc's of milky liquid into my arms each time. NOT GOOD FOR YOU to sum it up. Some call it "Diet Coke" but its not a safe or recommended alternative. And as the poster above mentioned, you to tend to get way more wacked out and paranoid/psychosis driven etc with ritalin and its very addicting despite its nasty chemical feeling and awful side effects. I would always dose heavy with benzo's beforehand to help mellow me out but it was one of the worst years of my life. And I thought it made me productive but really just made me crave getting high all the time, resorting to very risky and stupid methods of acquiring the substance. Stay away from shooting or even snorting this drug please its a miserable addiction that comes on very easily. I pushed it to the limit and would consider myself experienced and I know us addicts do things against the recommendation of those that know best, but I regret every minute of it and will NEVER abuse the shit again.

polydoc added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANS-ritalin-IV View Post
Health First.
I second this post, as far as the magnitude of usage goes and increasing tolerance seems to be neverending. Doing these amounts is incredibly shitty for you and a ritalin overdose feels very very awful and scary. Please do not attempt, especially large 100+mg shots and doses amounting to grams over few days.

Last edited by polydoc; 01-02-2014 at 01:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-03-2014, 12:01

20 y/o Male from United States
perceptualvigilance should review received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Micron Filter

Share this on:

Tags
methylphenidate