Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 10-03-2012, 22:42

Male from USA - Illinois
Masterofreality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
How long does DXM take to be completly out of ur system?

If i took dxm this saturday in the afternoon will it show up on a drug screening around noon on monday? I've heard dxm takes 2-3 days to get out of ur body is this true? if its in threshold/trace amounts it comes back as negative on the drug screening.

Masterofreality added 1314 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Nevermind, i took the DXM yesterday after finding out DXM should be completely out of ur system in 8-24 hrs.

Last edited by Masterofreality; 10-03-2012 at 22:42. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-03-2012, 15:16
PowerfulMedicine PowerfulMedicine is nu online
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%
Re: How long does DXM take to be completly out of ur system?

Unless it is a special drug test, you don't have to worry about DXM, since it isn't tested for on standard drug tests. There is speculation that it can cause a false positive for PCP, but I have never found any sources to support this. It could be detected using GC/MS though.

And I wouldn't trust that the DXM should be out of your system that fast. A DXM trip can easily last 8 hrs and my sardines have had quite a few fourth plateau trips that lasted over 24hrs. DXM is also known for having a long afterglow for many people. So if you really want to play it safe then 2-3 days is reasonable. 7 days wouldn't be totally unreasonable either.
Old 12-03-2012, 15:40
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

How much jail time do you want? Is it REALLY worth the risk? Really?

The answer is no.

Also in the future, please don't ask questions when you plan on going ahead with it anyways. it usually takes a few days for a thread to get replies and it's really frustrating and frankly insulting when people expect to be able to get free advice as soon as they put stuff online.
Old 12-03-2012, 22:19

Male from USA - Illinois
Masterofreality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

well i found out the drug test doesnt look for DXM so i passed.
Old 18-03-2012, 18:18

Male from United States
Bobby Dread is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulMedicine View Post
Unless it is a special drug test, you don't have to worry about DXM, since it isn't tested for on standard drug tests. There is speculation that it can cause a false positive for PCP, but I have never found any sources to support this. It could be detected using GC/MS though.
This is hardly a "source" since it's just anecdotal, but my chinchilla had a urinary analysis drug test when he went into the hospital and tested positive for PCP, despite never having touched the stuff. DXM was the only thing in his system. Funnily enough, he knew that this might happen and he asked the doctor and a nurse if they knew if anything could cause a false positive, testing them, and they didn't know.
Old 18-03-2012, 20:16
Silver Member

Female from United States
ray_ro333 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulMedicine View Post

And I wouldn't trust that the DXM should be out of your system that fast. A DXM trip can easily last 8 hrs and my sardines have had quite a few fourth plateau trips that lasted over 24hrs. DXM is also known for having a long afterglow for many people. So if you really want to play it safe then 2-3 days is reasonable. 7 days wouldn't be totally unreasonable either.
My pet knows a woman whom she goes to groups with who was drug tested and came up positive for PCP. The woman had never taken PCP before and her main D.O.C was opiates.
Of course the government was up her butt and on her ass and eventually after more testing they found that it was mucinex that she had taken (which does contain DXM) that made the false positive.
Old 18-03-2012, 20:37

Male from United States
Bobby Dread is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_ro333 View Post
My pet knows a woman whom she goes to groups with who was drug tested and came up positive for PCP. The woman had never taken PCP before and her main D.O.C was opiates.
Of course the government was up her butt and on her ass and eventually after more testing they found that it was mucinex that she had taken (which does contain DXM) that made the false positive.
Come to think of it, Mucinex was indeed the source of the DXM in my chinchilla's system. Though they just assumed he was lying about the PCP and didn't care to bother with any further testing. So, maybe the false positive is to do with Mucinex rather than just DXM in general.

Share this on:

Tags
dxm