Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 22:19
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
OPIamore is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Fentanyl testing

I have UTFSE, i have raed the stickies in regards to drug testing.. i cant seem to find the answers to a few questions. some help or clarification would be appreciated.

Is fentanyl ever a panel on an extended test? I have found 2 labs that offer a dipstick for it, however they were astriked and at the bottom of one it said * for forensic use only. do they exist?

Can you test positive for fent WITHOUT a LC, TLC or GC/MS?

Do labs ever conduct GS/MS without a positive screen? i would think that to be very costly and time consuming.

Is fent or norfentanyl, testable in saliva. my friend saw the paperwork he signs and at the top he notices it said NIDA5 + THC panel.
knowing fentanyl would NOT be includes in a NIDA5, (now SAMHSA5 i think.), but could it be included in an extended panel? or would such an agency have to purchase separate stand alone fent panel test? then send for conformation after receive positive results?

the info out there on fent testing is very vague. all the info is either outdated, for medical journaling in regards to overdoses and deaths, or a company trying to sell a product.

drug courts have rigorous testing. not that SWIM cares but it is always exiting to find a loophole. guess its the addict in him.

any insight?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:37
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from Portugal
YIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9
Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2%
Re: Fentanyl testing

Maybe you have already read following threads. They may not contain a complete and/or direct answer to your question(s), but they may give you some further knowledge on the issue:

Urine Testing
Please help...questions about Pain Clinic drug tests..
Drug Testing - A Comprehensive Guide

Additionally you may try the Advanced Document Search (Search File Archive)
Several documents with search terms "Drug Testing" (32 entries) and "Fentanyl" (23 entries) were found, although no entries for combined search terms.

Last edited by YIPMAN; 09-03-2012 at 01:46.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:40
Silver Member

thank you yip. im pretty sure i have read thru ALL of em. i spent alotta time in them before signing up. its kinda a specific question needing a specific answer. ive googled it up and down, front and back. ive been on redwood and every other lab site, criminal drug testing sites... i dunno. thank you for the links, ill muddle thru them a little more
Old 20-03-2012, 12:13
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Have you had any luck finding an answer, OPI?
If you do please let us know, it's always helpful to keep testing info up to date.
Old 20-03-2012, 12:50
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,269, Level: 20 Points: 19,269, Level: 20 Points: 19,269, Level: 20
Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7%

Google:
"Can you test positive for fentanyl WITHOUT a LC, TLC or GC/MS?"

Results:
A whole page of PDFs that won't show up on my computer, titled things like "How and Why Opiod testing doesn't catch Fentanyl" and other similar topics.

The answer is no, Fentanyl doesn't show up on a standard opiod screen.

You could use all that to assemble a concise answer for the future when people ask it again. Or submit it to the wikipedia here.
Old 20-03-2012, 16:00
Silver Member

thanks fer that potter... id like to see the pdf's. i have read numerous medical journals on the subject. i know it wont show on an opiate screen. im wondering however if there is even a screen for fentanyl. my question was would a lab do LC, TLC or GC/MS tests without a positive screen? they are typically conformation tests. with that said... if there were no screens for fent one could conclude that no LC TLC or GC/MS test would be performed, therefore it would be undetectable. im putting all this damn effort into figuring all this out, i dont wanna violate and go to jail. the wise coice obviously is to not risk it..... what a dope feind.
Old 29-03-2012, 22:10

24 y/o Male from Canada
Kirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Well do they test for methadone on those screens? Because to the very best of my knowledge Fent and Methadone come back the same on UA's... Lots of my friends use fentanyl as to not piss dirty at their local methadone clinic...

Share this on:

Tags
fentanyl