Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Amphetamines addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamines addiction Support for coping with Amphetamine-, Meth- and Ecstasy- addiction and Amphetamine addiction treatment.

Old 07-03-2012, 23:33

25 y/o Male from Australia
Sheneon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Addiction to "Synthetic" speed

AFOAF started smoking about 3 months ago.

He enjoyed it so much that with in the first two weeks he was smoking around a gram ( sometimes more ). Some thing happened yesterday, he now wants to stop and has basically gone cold turkey from 1gram a day for 2 and a half months. He is scared that (as he is not feeling it yet) the withdraws will far to intense for him handle.

Is cold turkey the best way to go? Is there any thing he can do to ease off either the withdrawals?

Now he is not sure what he was taking was real amphetamine, how much of a difference will this make (if any at all)

Any information would be good!
Old 08-03-2012, 00:01
Palladium Member

Male from United States
syntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPACsyntheticdave must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,526, Level: 8 Points: 3,526, Level: 8 Points: 3,526, Level: 8
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Addiction to "Synthetic" speed

What happened that made you want to quit so abruptly?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Really irrelevant and personal question. OP came for advice, not to give his life story.
Old 08-03-2012, 00:14

AFOAF is $6000 in debt to the person that supplied him, but that's an issue for now.

Sheneon added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

*not an issue

Last edited by Sheneon; 08-03-2012 at 00:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2012, 00:40
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Australia
Baritji is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1
Activity: 9.6% Activity: 9.6% Activity: 9.6%

Sorry to go off topic. But who gives a drug user 6k credit? What a wanka. I hope he rots in hell. Don't give his money back!

Going off topic is not the issue as much as not actually responding to the OP's concerns. Useless one liner
Old 08-03-2012, 00:44
Banned

Male from United States
MajorTom should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

haha that sounds more like something a reputable bank would do, not a low down drug dealer!

Nothing contributed by this comment, although it is not rude or impolite
Old 08-03-2012, 00:48

The dealer is a and AFOAF have been friends since 3 yrs of age, now he is starting to get extremely bad headaches...
Old 08-03-2012, 01:07
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I am sorry no one has actually answered you. Of course, I have no idea if what you have been using is any portion pure, but for the withdrawals you sound worried about, it probably won't make much difference.

First, take a deep breath, you will get through it. The withdrawals will probably not be too intense for you, try not to worry.

No one I know has ever died from withdrawals, but I have known a few who died from using, so regardless of your reasons, I think quitting is a good idea.

The "worst feeling" of the withdrawals will be different for each person.
For me, what made withdrawals difficult was the lack of motivation, constant sleepiness, feeling like I was in a 'fog' in my head, just could not think clearly.

The headaches are fairly common, I can only guess at the chemical changes occurring that cause the head to hurt, but most people have them, and many just sleep through it.

Do a search here for methamphetamine withdrawals, and you will find some very informative threads by some very experienced people.

Do come back and ask if you have other questions, ok?
Good luck, it takes willpower, but it won't kill you.

Good moral support and point about which choice is better for one's health.
Old 14-04-2012, 14:20
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheneon View Post
Now he is not sure what he was taking was real amphetamine, how much of a difference will this make (if any at all)
I don't understand the title of this thread. All "speed" is synthetic, if by "speed" you mean amphetamine, methamphetamine or related products like mephedrone. There are also related compounds like cathinone and ephedrine which are derived from plants, and which the other amphetamines are made from.

Some are stronger or more addictive than others but all are addictive. If you've been buying it from a dealer it's probably either plain amphetamine or meth.

As far as I know, amphetamines don't generally cause physical withdrawals in the strict sense when you suddenly stop a severe habit, like alcohol and opioids do, but the cravings might make you feel so cranky that it amounts to the same thing. Some people find it easier to taper gradually but it might be best to just cut if off completely. Sedatives might help you through the cravings/withdrawal but are addictive in their own right, so be careful not to just exchange one habit for another.

Last edited by Routemaster Flash; 14-04-2012 at 14:25.
Old 15-04-2012, 12:49
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

38 y/o Male from Earth
MAMJWH-420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routemaster Flash View Post
As far as I know, amphetamines don't generally cause physical withdrawals in the strict sense when you suddenly stop a severe habit, like alcohol and opioids do, but the cravings might make you feel so cranky that it amounts to the same thing. Some people find it easier to taper gradually but it might be best to just cut if off completely. Sedatives might help you through the cravings/withdrawal but are addictive in their own right, so be careful not to just exchange one habit for another.
Well then, today's your lucky day, because I'm here to set you straight. YES THEY DO, especially synthetics (research chems...).
-migraine headaches that last for days
-zero appetite
-zero energy
-extreme anxiety
-feelings of dread, gloom
-crushing depression
-endless vomiting

Never seen someone crawling around on the floor looking for crumbs?
And there you go, recommending BENZOS as a way off. LOL talk about evil. NOTHING comes close to benzos for outright heinous physical and psychological addiction. We're talking death from w/d here, and it can happen a week after you stop on the longer half life pams.

MAMJWH-420 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

-nightmares
-panic attacks
-tremors and twitching
-EXTREME cravings

Last edited by MAMJWH-420; 15-04-2012 at 12:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-04-2012, 23:06
Palladium Member

Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMJWH-420 View Post
-zero appetite
-zero energy
-extreme anxiety
-feelings of dread, gloom
-crushing depression
-nightmares
-panic attacks
-EXTREME cravings
I was talking about physical rather than psychological withdrawals, though I guess there's no hard and fast dividing line between the two. Most of the things you've named are more psychological in nature.

And yeah, of course you have to watch it with benzos, as I said. But they might help someone get over the very worst part of amphetamine withdrawals/cravings.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:35
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

my rat was once addicted to speed for quite a while (snorting not smoking).

when she quit she felt terrible but found that for some reason coffee relieved most of her w/d symptoms! you might try it. it really helped.
Old 26-04-2012, 22:24

23 y/o Male from United States
gunghoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

yeah, Im afraid of addiction. Whats the main thing that you become addicted is it like sigs whare you think you can quit for some time and then you are addicted or is it more abrubt and makes you addicted quicker or is it about the quantitys that makes you addicted. I have never done more than 250 mg of a-PVP a day and I would like to know is it easy to become addicted or is it a slow process. because i use it a few times every few days. can you become addicted doing it that slow. im talking physical not mental because mental you can become addicted to your favorite pop much the same way.
Old 10-05-2012, 22:29
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Well, there are a lot of posts here, but very little useable information. What sassy and routemaster have said are all excellent suggestions! As was suggested, you can either go cold turkey or do a taper of varying lengths. both methods have their benefits and their drawbacks, so it is really up to the individual and how much pain they are capable of or willing to put up with.

Do you have a doctor? if not, you might consider getting one. If you can afford a gram or so a day for several months, you should be able to swing a doctor visit or two. Be honest and tell them that you have an addiction and you want help. Look around in your local community for a group like NA, or CBT, if you don't like the NA concept. They are all free, and they WILL help you, if you make the effort. Find others who have quit, and ask them how they did it! Develop a support system of people who don't use, so when you feel weak, you have someone to turn too. Check the resources in your community, quite often you can get help, including medical help, through your local community resource office or the local public health/public aid office.

NSAID's, such as naproxen, might help. Valerian tea, or Valerian mixed with Chamomile. Anti-anxiety drugs, especially those with a sedative component, have been used by some with a degree of success, as has marijuana. Good nutrition is important, as that is often lacking in long-term meth runs. As are fluids and vitamins, especially amino acids. Melotonin has been known to help in some cases. Long-term, you will be wanting to get on a good SSRI or SNRI such as Cymbalta or Pristiq to help in the mid-PAWS stages.

As far as "real" vs. "synthetic", the odds are that it is "real" in the way you mean the term, it just might be a different variety than you are accostomed to. There are various "testing kits" available either through local vendors or on-line which, when used correctly, will give you at least an indication of what the drug in question is-or more importantly, what it is not! remember, the higher quality testing device you use, the more accurate your results will be. This will inform you of whether or not your particular product is "real" or "synthetic". A quicker way is to think back and try to remember if your dealer ever told you that a "new batch" or "some really GOOD stuff" was coming in, and it would be "different" somehow. if so, that might be a transition point from when they went from a real product to a synthetic one.
Old 10-05-2012, 23:12
Palladium Member

Still not sure what this distinction of "real" vs "synthetic" is meant to mean - AFAIK any drug that might be called "speed" (i.e. plain amph or meth) is synthetic. Can you help me out here, TR?
Old 10-05-2012, 23:58

32 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Lou2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I used cymbalta when i quit speed for six months , in my personal opinion cymbalta is more chemically potent n disturbing than the phet it made me emotionless which in hind sight may sound appealing but believe me it was hell ! Beware of all legal drugs as much as illigal :... good luck n best wishes
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routemaster Flash View Post
Still not sure what this distinction of "real" vs "synthetic" is meant to mean - AFAIK any drug that might be called "speed" (i.e. plain amph or meth) is synthetic. Can you help me out here, TR?
I think that in this case it means the difference between "speed"-be it meth or any of the different types of amphetamine-and RC's that mimic speed. Speed, in this case, would refer to some variation of the phenylethylamine molecule that is produced via reduction and is epidemic in some parts of the country.

That makes sense, cheers for clearing it up.

Share this on:

Tags
addiction advice, amphetamine