Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-03-2012, 21:08
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

I have been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and depression. I am currently on Adderall and Prozac. After continued dose increases and no changes, it was clear my body quickly grew a resistance to these medications. My psychiatrist has wrote me a prescription for Desoxyn 5mg in the hopes it would help both my ADD and depression. I have not filled the prescription, yet. Before I do, I would like to hear from Desoxyn users, there opinions on this drug. Thank You
  #2  
Old 05-03-2012, 21:40
beentheredonethatagain beentheredonethatagain is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2007
47 y/o Male from USA - California
Posts: 2,727
Blog Entries: 13
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

i found it to be too weak, since 5mg is the only strenghth it comes in.. but with enough of them you will see that indeed they work for both the add and depression.

how many mg per day did he prescribe?
  #3  
Old 05-03-2012, 22:21
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethatagain View Post
i found it to be too weak, since 5mg is the only strenghth it comes in.. but with enough of them you will see that indeed they work for both the add and depression.

how many mg per day did he prescribe?
My psychiatrist prescribed me 5 mg of Desoxyn.
He told me that 5 mg was the highest dosage he could legally prescribe.
Is 5 mg of Desoxyn the highest dosage he can legally prescribe?

Currently, I am taking 20 mg of Adderall IR.
How many mg of Desoxyn are equivalent to 20 mg of Adderall?
  #4  
Old 05-03-2012, 23:00
beentheredonethatagain beentheredonethatagain is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2007
47 y/o Male from USA - California
Posts: 2,727
Blog Entries: 13
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

no the doctor in my case prescribed two a day, and that wasnt much, for a hard head like me.. but it may have been more since my bottle says 100 5mg pills for the month, fuck I cant remember, since I dont have that insurance any longer hense no more pills

Last edited by beentheredonethatagain; 05-03-2012 at 23:06.
  #5  
Old 05-03-2012, 23:27
makin makin is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 19-01-2012
47 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 478
makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

desoxyn is great. The focus is awsome, taken under the tongue they hit incredibly fast. If memory serves correctly the pdr said max 60 mg day. I was given I believe 45 which should have been fine. Except during those years of my life swim had a tendency to over indulge in things....

I would burn throught the script in around 15 days.

I would highly recomend desoxyn if you can get the correct dosage. I don't think 5 mg would replace 20 mg adderall though. 10 might do it
  #6  
Old 05-03-2012, 23:44
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethatagain View Post
no the doctor in my case prescribed two a day, and that wasnt much, for a hard head like me.. but it may have been more since my bottle says 100 5mg pills for the month, fuck I cant remember, since I dont have that insurance any longer hense no more pills
That sucks that you have no insurance. My insurance didn't want to cover my Desoxyn prescription. My psychiatrist called my insurance provider. Fortunately then they approved.

nybaby added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by makin View Post
desoxyn is great. The focus is awsome, taken under the tongue they hit incredibly fast. If memory serves correctly the pdr said max 60 mg day. I was given I believe 45 which should have been fine. Except during those years of my life swim had a tendency to over indulge in things....

I would burn throught the script in around 15 days.

I would highly recomend desoxyn if you can get the correct dosage. I don't think 5 mg would replace 20 mg adderall though. 10 might do it
How did you get so many pills from your doctor? Mine didn't even want to switch me to Desoxyn.

Why would putting them under your tongue, make them work faster?

Last edited by nybaby; 05-03-2012 at 23:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #7  
Old 06-03-2012, 02:18
makin makin is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 19-01-2012
47 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 478
makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

there is a long drawn out history as to how my doctor finally came up with that dose.

as to putting them under the tongue, your body can absorb amphetamine several ways. One is to swallow them and they are absorbed through your digestive tract. Or you can let them disolve under your tongue and the amphetamine is absorbed into your bloodstream directly and skipping the digestive tract speeding up the process.
  #8  
Old 06-03-2012, 02:28
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makin View Post
there is a long drawn out history as to how my doctor finally came up with that dose.

as to putting them under the tongue, your body can absorb amphetamine several ways. One is to swallow them and they are absorbed through your digestive tract. Or you can let them disolve under your tongue and the amphetamine is absorbed into your bloodstream directly and skipping the digestive tract speeding up the process.
That is interesting. I thought stomach acids would dissolve pills faster than saliva in the mouth.

Is Desoxyn better than Adderall? Did you build a drug resistance to the Desoxyn and if you did, how long after?
  #9  
Old 06-03-2012, 08:08
beentheredonethatagain beentheredonethatagain is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2007
47 y/o Male from USA - California
Posts: 2,727
Blog Entries: 13
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Desoxyn is actually Methamphetamine.. so yes its much better than adderall, adderal is made from three types of amphetamine, and they are racimic, not sure how to explain and not too sure how to spell it, basicaly its not too strong
  #10  
Old 06-03-2012, 14:22
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethatagain View Post
Desoxyn is actually Methamphetamine.. so yes its much better than adderall, adderal is made from three types of amphetamine, and they are racimic, not sure how to explain and not too sure how to spell it, basicaly its not too strong
Did you become tolerant to Desoxyn/Methamphetamine? When did the euphoria end?

I am concerned I am may become an unsafe user because I have become quickly resistant to other stimulants like Concerta and Adderall. Like all stimulants, everyone becomes dependent on them for euphoria. When the euphoria is gone, I don't want to be starving for a higher dosage. I have a feeling my psychiatrist would give it to me too.
  #11  
Old 06-03-2012, 15:02
Potter Potter is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 01-04-2005
34 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 8,134
Blog Entries: 28
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

I'm sorry, I just read your last post and have to retract what I've offered. If you are only getting stimulants so you can can take increasingly large doses for euphoric effects, your already manipulating the doctor, something we don't condone here. Given the massive shortage of those drugs right now, I feel there's probably people who need the limited supplies more, and can't help divert them. If 5mg is all you get, then it's all you get. Maybe, after going through all the other drugs he's offered, he's going to make you take it slow this time. Demand you use it therapeutically.

How much Adderall were you taking before he switched you?

Plenty of people are able to use stimulant drugs for long periods at therapeutic doses, try it out and see how it goes.

Last edited by Potter; 06-03-2012 at 18:00.
  #12  
Old 06-03-2012, 15:34
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
Ask your pharmacist for a copy of them. It sounds like he's being ridiculous, or terrified of the feds. Sad state of the world.

Good luck.
I looked up all the Desoxyn FAQs and pharmacy information, but I want to know from a person on Desoxyn or meth, their individual experience like...
does it really work?
what does it feel like?
is it better than Adderall or other stimulants?

My psychiatrist finally gave me the perscription with much difficulty. He said that he isn't going to get in trouble with the drug people who check up on doctors and that he wants to keep his job or he won't be there for my next appointment and he will be in jail.

He said 5 mg is the highest he can legally give me and that it would be better than 30 mg of Adderall. It seems that he lied for his own sake.
  #13  
Old 06-03-2012, 15:46
The_Joker The_Joker is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 25-05-2011
Female from United States
Posts: 281
The_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way upThe_Joker is on the way up
Points: 382, Level: 3 Points: 382, Level: 3 Points: 382, Level: 3
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

i know it is rarely prescribed and expensive, due to the fact that its METHamphetamine. Its a shame, too, they say its an EXCELLENT adhd med.

A shame they are being so paranoid. If they werent going to give you enough to help, why did they give it to you at all?

If amphetamines dont work well for you, you could try Ritalin or Focalin. They work about the same for me, but some people find one works better than the other. I dont have any experience with (pharmaceutical) meth, but regular meth is strong as fuck. Adderall is a combo of dextroamphetamine and levoamphetamine, the right and left handed isomers of the molecule. Because dextro is considered to be the more psychoactive of the two, supposedly adding levo would make it less prone to abuse and less euphoric. Dextroamphetamine by itself is less frequently prescribed but similar in action. Desoxyn should be dextromethamphetamine.

The only reason they are all paranoid about it (lol) is because everyone knows you can make meth in your house, meth is addictive as hell, meth makes your teeth fall out, yadda yadda and it has a bad rap. No meth addict is going to use 5 mg or even 50 mg of meth a day. Maybe a half a gram or a gram. Its ridiculous. You arent going to get high off 5 mg.

It is only the drug's reputation working against it. That is why they are freaking out. And i dont doubt that there are people who come and check up on them, and will raise hell. Its unfortunate. If they are uncomfortable prescribing it, they should just say so.

I have no doubt that, as any amphetamine, it is neurotoxic. But it is taken in such small doses it shouldnt cause much trouble. You can take supplements to help with this and taking weekends off can help prevent tolerance. Ritalin is actually neuroprotective, in normal doses.

Tums will decrease your stomach's acidity, potentiating the effects of any amphetamine or ritalin.
  #14  
Old 06-03-2012, 16:03
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Joker View Post
i know it is rarely prescribed and expensive, due to the fact that its METHamphetamine. Its a shame, too, they say its an EXCELLENT adhd med.

A shame they are being so paranoid. If they werent going to give you enough to help, why did they give it to you at all?

If amphetamines dont work well for you, you could try Ritalin or Focalin. They work about the same for me, but some people find one works better than the other. I dont have any experience with (pharmaceutical) meth, but regular meth is strong as fuck. Adderall is a combo of dextroamphetamine and levoamphetamine, the right and left handed isomers of the molecule. Because dextro is considered to be the more psychoactive of the two, supposedly adding levo would make it less prone to abuse and less euphoric. Dextroamphetamine by itself is less frequently prescribed but similar in action. Desoxyn should be dextromethamphetamine.

The only reason they are all paranoid about it (lol) is because everyone knows you can make meth in your house, meth is addictive as hell, meth makes your teeth fall out, yadda yadda and it has a bad rap. No meth addict is going to use 5 mg or even 50 mg of meth a day. Maybe a half a gram or a gram. Its ridiculous. You arent going to get high off 5 mg.

It is only the drug's reputation working against it. That is why they are freaking out. And i dont doubt that there are people who come and check up on them, and will raise hell. Its unfortunate. If they are uncomfortable prescribing it, they should just say so.

I have no doubt that, as any amphetamine, it is neurotoxic. But it is taken in such small doses it shouldnt cause much trouble. You can take supplements to help with this and taking weekends off can help prevent tolerance. Ritalin is actually neuroprotective, in normal doses.

Tums will decrease your stomach's acidity, potentiating the effects of any amphetamine or ritalin.
I heard great reviews for Desoxyn treatment against ADD, too. But like you said 5 mg is going to do nothing compared to 30 mg of Adderall.

I have tried Ritalin and Concerta. Strangely they didn't prove to be effective for me. I felt nothing like I did on Adderall.

I think I will use your advice about the weekends off. I did that in the beginning but then I stopped because my doctor advised me not to. Allegedly because "it messes with your brain". But I don't need stimulants on the weekends. I only use them for school, homework, and studying.
  #15  
Old 06-03-2012, 18:02
Potter Potter is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 01-04-2005
34 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 8,134
Blog Entries: 28
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

OK, you do need to find a new doctor, this guy doesn't know what he is talking about re: taking constant and regular breaks messes with your brain. Load of BS right there.
  #16  
Old 07-03-2012, 03:50
nybaby nybaby is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 05-03-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 36
nybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
I'm sorry, I just read your last post and have to retract what I've offered. If you are only getting stimulants so you can can take increasingly large doses for euphoric effects, your already manipulating the doctor, something we don't condone here. Given the massive shortage of those drugs right now, I feel there's probably people who need the limited supplies more, and can't help divert them. If 5mg is all you get, then it's all you get. Maybe, after going through all the other drugs he's offered, he's going to make you take it slow this time. Demand you use it therapeutically.

How much Adderall were you taking before he switched you?

Plenty of people are able to use stimulant drugs for long periods at therapeutic doses, try it out and see how it goes.
I am diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and depression. I use stimulants for treatment of both since most other medications like prozac don't work with my body. I need regular dose increases to stabilize my mood. The euphoria treats my depression, in this way. 5 mg of Desoxyn is all I am getting for now and all I need. But when it loses its treatment efficiency, I am going to need more or suffer worse than I did without the medication. I don't want to start taking a drug, if I know I am going to be cut off at some point and feel even worse than before I started it.

I first took 10 mg. Several months later, I started 20 mg. Today, under doctor's orders I just started taking 30 mg. It is not much of a difference. The increase in mood only lasted for a hour or two.

I have a perscription for Desoxyn 5 mg. I haven't filled it yet. I want to use the last of my Adderall supply so it doesn't go to waste.

nybaby added 11 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
OK, you do need to find a new doctor, this guy doesn't know what he is talking about re: taking constant and regular breaks messes with your brain. Load of BS right there.
Unfortunately, I can't find a new psychiatrist. He is the only one in this city who takes my health insurance. I can't afford out of pocket expenises for a 15 minute visit with a better psychiatrist or as I like to call them, "legal drug dealers". My psychiatrist is so useless and unreasonable. His only therapy treatments are medications. He has no therapeutic talks or good advice. I just see him for his Rx scripts. I guess I shouldn't complain because there are patients paying the full out of pocket cost to see this fool.

Last edited by nybaby; 07-03-2012 at 03:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #17  
Old 09-05-2012, 07:42
trewonyola trewonyola is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 09-05-2012
27 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 1
trewonyola is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

I just got a script for 30x generic 5mg. I was on Adderall 10mg brand name, but I was horribly achey when it wore off. To the point I would have to take a Percocet to go to sleep. I know in the past I tried crystal when I didn't have any kind of insurance and I didn't like it at all, because I could NOT sleep at all, couldn't even getI hope the Desoxyn will not cause the aches, as I already have chronic back & knee pain (the adderall amplified) the Adderall actually relieved the pain, untill wearing off and making me ache like a 90 year old! I've also tried what the call meth on the street and actually thought the Adderall was better. I live in Independence, MO I might add, so in addition to it taking me 6 years to get this med finally I had a hell of a time getting a pharmacy to order it for me. The all thought I was pranking them, or they wouldn't carry it period. Also I fill the script on Friday and its for 1 a day of the generic Methamphetamine HCI. Will this work as good as the brand Desoxyn? I'm having to pay $117 for this sh*t so it better make me a genius!!!!
  #18  
Old 09-05-2012, 22:32
zgoat65 zgoat65 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-03-2011
34 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 223
zgoat65 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

THIS, is why SWIM moved to self medication. The price that they wanna charge for a thirty day script for a teasing amount of something that MAY help if theyd just hook it up with the dosage! Fuck doctors! SWIM was diagnosed bipolar, though he never has manic episodes that aren't inspired by the actions of others, and also AD/HD. A winning combinations of meth and pot completely makes him cured (for the day at least). Meth is good for obesity, pot is good for depression. When coupled with meth, pot is awesome. Meth is also good for ADD. And if yer dose of either is too low, you can always buy (or, in SWIM's case, make) more.


DISCLAIMER: Self-medicating is dangerous, because self does not have a degree in medicine. Therefore allowing self to medicate you is not a good idea. Using illegal drugs is......well.......illegal, and not a good idea. Just cuz SWIM uses self-prescribed (and produced) medication does not mean that you should let self prescribe you medication.
  #19  
Old 09-05-2012, 23:52
Murderith7 Murderith7 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 24-03-2012
27 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 30
Murderith7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: How well does Desoxyn 5mg work for the treatment of ADD, depression, and obesity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybaby View Post
I am diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and depression. I use stimulants for treatment of both since most other medications like prozac don't work with my body. I need regular dose increases to stabilize my mood. The euphoria treats my depression, in this way. 5 mg of Desoxyn is all I am getting for now and all I need. But when it loses its treatment efficiency, I am going to need more or suffer worse than I did without the medication. I don't want to start taking a drug, if I know I am going to be cut off at some point and feel even worse than before I started it.

I first took 10 mg. Several months later, I started 20 mg. Today, under doctor's orders I just started taking 30 mg. It is not much of a difference. The increase in mood only lasted for a hour or two.

I have a perscription for Desoxyn 5 mg. I haven't filled it yet. I want to use the last of my Adderall supply so it doesn't go to waste.

nybaby added 11 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...



Unfortunately, I can't find a new psychiatrist. He is the only one in this city who takes my health insurance. I can't afford out of pocket expenises for a 15 minute visit with a better psychiatrist or as I like to call them, "legal drug dealers". My psychiatrist is so useless and unreasonable. His only therapy treatments are medications. He has no therapeutic talks or good advice. I just see him for his Rx scripts. I guess I shouldn't complain because there are patients paying the full out of pocket cost to see this fool.
You should get on Wellbutrin. For your depression. I think you may find it to be MUCH more effective in treating it than amphetamines. Stay on the amphetamines for your adhd, and I think you will find that when on Wellbutrin you won't feel such urges to take more amphetamine than prescribed. Basically, Wellbutrin will fix what the amphetamines are merely band-aiding. Which is why you keep wanting/needing more.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, attention deficit disorder, depression, desoxyn, prozac

Thread Tools


» New Threads
Painful spot but no redness after...
Last post by BellTower72
6 Replies, 176 Views
Adderall, hydrocodone, restoril
Last post by Randyc44
0 Replies, 1 Views
Escaping hell: getting off...
Last post by tcttuck
1 Replies, 49 Views
Down syndrome and Weed
Last post by Stickemupz
16 Replies, 1,335 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...
Last post by TrippingChalk
18 Replies, 1,171 Views
How long does 60 MG Morphine ER...
Last post by oshngrl
3 Replies, 525 Views
Lets say it takes an hour for tea...
Last post by BellTower72
13 Replies, 345 Views
IV doses... minimum amount,...
Last post by Waiting For The Fall
1 Replies, 50 Views
Elimidrol?
Last post by badhabit
7 Replies, 3,883 Views
How can you be sure that you'll be...
Last post by Hover
7 Replies, 464 Views
» New Wiki Articles
GHB
NET

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved