Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > SOCIAL FORUMS > Social Forums > Drug culture
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug culture About drug icons, drug idols, drug related literature, music, movies, art, conferences & festivals

Old 05-03-2012, 04:03
Silver Member

Male from USA - Virginia
whocaresdude91 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Can you tell who does drugs just by looking at them?

Do any DF members have a drug user radar or can tell who does drugs just by looking at them? People say to me all the time that they can tell that I use drugs just by looking at me! Even when I'm sober!! How can they tell? A little info about myself: 20 year old male with tattoos, short hair, wear tight jeans but wear no clothes advertising my drug use (shirts with a marijuana leaf or any other drugs/paraphenelia). So, what makes the drug users different than the average folk? The eyes? The personality? Maybe cigarrette smokers are more likely to be drug users? What is it ???? Im dying to know!

Thanks for the help/info

*One more thing to add: It's obvious to tell if someone is under the influence or withdrawing, but I'm wondering how do people tell when you are dead sober
Old 05-03-2012, 05:20
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline
Points: 5,817, Level: 11 Points: 5,817, Level: 11 Points: 5,817, Level: 11
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: Can you tell who does drugs just by looking at them?

Its most likely the white line of powder infused snot running from your nostrils down to your mouth.

... I find peoples eyes give away drug use, also small social characteristics like a nervous tick or other indications. You generally can't tell i the person is not on a substance though, unless they have abused it for a long time and are showing clear health issues.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:45
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from USA - California
VagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way upVagabondWraith is on the way up
Points: 523, Level: 3 Points: 523, Level: 3 Points: 523, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My FOAF is a nature worshiping pagan, and I'm told her witches' pentagram pendant gives her away as a drug user, more specifically a pot smoker especially. And here I thought it was the smell that gave *that* away...
Old 05-03-2012, 06:00
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

Nope not this swia. She would never indulge in any illegal activity. No sir. She has so much respect for her government to make her decisions for her and tell her what's safe and what is not and that hippies are terrorists specially the wheel chair kind that carry dangerous bubble pipes.
Old 15-11-2012, 23:41
Banned

Male from United States
LittleBigDave needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 16.5% Activity: 16.5% Activity: 16.5%

Not all the time but there are tell tale signs. I find that heroin addicts seem to have lost some of the fat from their face, even if they are years clean they have a certain pinched look... and if you see them barefoot they always have bruises and blotches on their feet from shooting up.

I think it is probably easy to tell when most people are ON drugs but if you said you could tell a drug user immediately I think most of the time you would just be stereotyping based on their clothes, accent, background etc
Old 24-11-2012, 19:18
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline Medline
Points: 2,798, Level: 7 Points: 2,798, Level: 7 Points: 2,798, Level: 7
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

I think this is a toss-up. If I were put in a room and told half were drug users and the other half were not, I would say that I should have a pretty good sense of who uses drugs. But there also drugs that I am not familiar with so I am not as attuned to what the symptoms would be. I don't see many people lately, but when I used to go out a lot, many of the people I was with would snort coke or E. Obviously I knew they were on it, but in subsequent times when I saw the same people out without having been with them earlier in the night, I can usually tell they have been doing coke. E is definitely a give away drug, having extremely dilated pupils, teeth clenching, jittery, talking fast, nervous, sweating, and the person is probably holding a giant water bottle and chewing gum.

When I lived in the city, it was easier to find people to spot as drug addicts, but unless I am looking, I only encounter who I encounter - people who work at stores, etc. Since mostly the majority of places that involve me going out are shopping, doctor's appointments, and my university, three places that would probably have a shortage of drug addicts, and for recreational users, it would be hard to spot unless they were high.
Old 25-11-2012, 02:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
anti liers is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 361, Level: 3 Points: 361, Level: 3 Points: 361, Level: 3
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

See I always thought somebody made a kind of phone book that listed all our names along with what drugs we use lol

But seriously I think it depends on a persons DOC ...most pot heads well that's an easy one ...like I said MOST. Tweakers ...another easy one. Pill poppers can be a bit harder but there are signs. Most people that shoot up ...well you can see that also. Drunks well we have that sent-O-booze oozing out of us.
Old 25-11-2012, 03:06
Titanium Member

62 y/o Male from USA - Alaska
Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.
Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Experience and feedback, make a guess then find out for sure. After many repetitions the guesses get darn good.
Who gets the most practice?

Police officers. And judges make the best lie detectors.

Myself, I can spot a pedophile faster than gaydar.

So yeah, some can tell a drug user just by watching the person, but it is not an innate ability everyone posesses.
Old 25-11-2012, 03:07
Silver Member

Female from United States
The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3

You can tell if someone is on meth or coke they talk a lot, chain smoke, and have giant dilated pupils a lot of the time. Alot of times they are skinny, but not always. They are also paranoid and always looking over their shoulder. You can tell more in how they act than how they look.
Old 25-11-2012, 03:35
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%

I'm sure I can't tell most of the drugs users today.

What I always had no problem with is coming into a new town and find out where there's drugs to get. This one is fairly easy,- people making business always show up for someone who knows what to look for.
No, "ey, pssst, wanna buy some " needed.

BBW

Post Quality Evaluations:
Clear conflict of opinion or not, you must know that referring to someone's views as fascist is a very inflammatory statement.

Last edited by Gradient; 26-11-2012 at 08:20.
Old 25-11-2012, 04:12
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

I know what you're saying, BBWolf. I worked at a homeless shelter and yes, many of them did abuse drugs. But this one guy who had an aversion to showering and shat himself on a regular basis was not on drugs at all. He had a mental disorder. Some people who suffer depression just have no energy to clean themselves up and just getting out of bed can be a struggle.

I guess it takes one to know one where drugs are concerned because I've done practically everything. Last week I had to take my son to see his caseworker. There was this lady there who was just non-stop talking and couldn't sit still. Her and her boyfriend were waiting to take their urine tests. When they left the room, my son whispered "crackhead right?" I said sshhh, no I'll tell you later. When I was using too much oxycodone, I was thin as a rail too which did make people suspect I was on crack or had an eating disorder. Plus getting all jumpy and talkative.

My suspicion was confirmed when her caseworker came back and wanted to see her prescriptions. Which she had to run home and get her pain patch and bottles of whatever opiate medication she was taking. I felt sort of bad that they made her leave and come back. She was talking to anyone who would listen that she just wanted to get her daughter back.
Old 25-11-2012, 07:05
Titanium Member

62 y/o Male from USA - Alaska
Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.
Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I find most out and out screaming whacko's to be natural. The lifestyle being maintained is not condusive to buying enugh drugs to keep them that insane.
I have run across stimulant abusers acting like that, but usually young and fairly short term.

But spotting a person as a drug user requires a context of some kind, otherwise a photo would do.

This is most definitely opinion, and I approve the message.
Old 25-11-2012, 07:33
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

While I can guess who is a drug user by different things I have been around for years, I can tell when someone is high, not when they are for sure a drug user. If the majority of people were to see me when I am manic, they would swear I am tweaking (high on meth) for sure. However, there are specific movements and physical "ticks" that people who are high on meth have. For instance, I was at work one day and walking by this guy on a slot machine. After ever time he pulled the slot handle, he would look all around behind him and he would kind of do that teeth gritting thing. There are three possibilities, one, he is spun ducky woo woo (REALLY high on meth). Two, he just killed someone and needs the money he wins to escape the country. Three, he has an extremely rare type of physical/mental/emotional disorder along with severe OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) that causes him to naturally grind his teeth, and be paranoid to while slightly moving constantly back and forth, to look around him after every single spin of the slot machine................I am going with A.

To be continued after work.............
Old 25-11-2012, 08:32
Banned

Female from Australia
Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.Twizal probably knows what they are talking about.

There are many obvious signs of someone under the influence of various drugs.Each drug causes different signs and varies from person to person. as a rule i start with the eyes,even when using a miotic or mydriatic , subtle differences can be spotted. It is much easier if you have met the person at times when they are not using as you have a base line to work from. way of dress (apart from the covering of the arms in our Aussie temps, )i tend to ignore..too many other possibilities.
I have noticed a strange phenomenon.the IV heroin user seems to have a homing instinct to spot a fellow user....at street level or in the" higher echelons of society."
As the person becomes a more serious user often they learn how to disguise the effects.However with careful observation , sooner or later it will become evident.
if you use yourself, youll probably be better at spotting someone (especially with your own doc,) or if you have worked in D and A clinics etc. However we all get fooled at times!
Finally ,words to the wise from a wonderful friend ,who happened to be suffering Schizophrenia and was florid at the time after exchanging his meds for a bag of "uppers,downers and round the towners!"(his doc was heroin.)
"It takes an elephant to know an elephant.....and i see an elephant!'

Post Script..
Hello Jack Charles,I am thinking you have deleted a large amount of text from your last two posts,this is actually against the rules, it was suggested you re-work the paragraph(s). As the posts have been responded to further on ,it makes for a disjointed thread. Please read over the rules.

Last edited by Twizal; 25-11-2012 at 16:37. Reason: Point added
Old 25-11-2012, 08:44
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
StarryEyed is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Well I wrote a longer post and my phone decided that it wanted to cancel the whole thing... Soooo I just wanted to say that yes... I usually can tell with certain drugs but.... people would never guess that me and my boyfriend are IV heroin addicts. w look healthy and have little to no track marks. Its kind of funny actually, people commonly ask if my boyfriend is on steroids, because he is so muscular. Its funny the stereotypes that people associate With junkies, because since junkies you would never know the difference.

Last edited by StarryEyed; 25-11-2012 at 08:45. Reason: spellchecker
Old 02-12-2012, 18:36
Silver Member

The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3

The thing which i always found sucky, with other meth and coke users, was if they didnt know you, they are always SUPER suspicious of anyone new. I mean, that is not so odd considering both those things kind of make you feel that way.

But it is hard to make any new connects when they are so suspicious. It did not help that for a long time of it, i really didnt look that bad...and they sure didnt trust soccer moms with a full set of teeth...or at least the ones around here didnt.

There were a few times when i was so desperate, everyone i knew was out and people i didnt know wouldnt sell to me. I thought i was going to have to suck someone's dick a few times.

Also in general, the propensity for whacked out behavior seems greater in coke and meth users. Buying dope was generally a tense situation and i wanted the fuck out of there. You never know when some shit is going to go down. I dont really know how to describe it.

I just know i associated with folks i would likely not feel comfortable around normally. And i have seen some crazy shit and behavior.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:42
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Nosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way up
Points: 453, Level: 3 Points: 453, Level: 3 Points: 453, Level: 3
Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4%

I'd like to think that usually I can, there's always the odd one that surprises me though.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:01
Silver Member

midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I don't think people can, with any degree of certainty, tell if someone is a drug user, that is just stereo-typing. Granted, the reason people stereo-type is because there is some truth to it. But can they tell for sure? I don't think so.

I think it's much easier to tell when someone is on drugs, especially if you know what those signs are.

Last edited by midlifer; 05-12-2012 at 18:58.

Share this on:

Tags
drug usage, signs of abuse