Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 03-03-2012, 20:33

Male from United States
adamkru is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Dimenhydrinate and asthma

So, 1,5 month ago i took 750 mg of DHM. I have light asthma. Yes, stupid, careless, idiot etc, i know that.

First question:

Does DMH shares bronchodilator properties with for example, atropin?

Well i'm wondering if someone with asthama takes high dose of DMH, woudl it be easier for him to have oxygen deprivation? Normal body - breathing sedation. Asthma - breathing sedation + lover dose of oxygene due to asthma. So on the first thought asthmatic woudl be more endengered of respiratory depression or something.

BUT if DHM woudl act as bronchodilator like atropin, it woudl negate asthma effect during trip, and it woudl be safe.
Am i right?

Second question.

I am experiencing signs of worsening my asthma, is it possible due to DMH? I found this report, about user having worsen his athletic induced asthma after multiple DMH abuse. Mine is allargic caused. I dont know if there is really worsening of my asthma or just neurotic effects. You know, these last 1,5 month were really hard for me. Hypohondriasis all the way.
There is no suden attacts like typically on neurosis. I often just feel that normal breathe does not "satisfies" me, and need to take deeper one. I had this before DMH but it seems that it worsend.

books.google.pl/books?id=UQcbk-zmUFoC&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=can+sedative+worsen+ast hma&source=bl&ots=rkUfYINfox&sig=pp-p53-1ucKnWFADPnucFNVqpwk&hl=pl&sa=X&ei=LzlST5iPFM3ntQb Ht_3_Cw&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=can%20sedative %20worsen%20asthma&f=false

In this book, they write that antihistamines worsening asthma is a myth. I dont know what to think about it anymore.

adamkru added 17 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I mean respiratory depression while sleeping after this DHM. I felt asleep after 4h of waiting for effects - i was disappointed. Then i had some sleep like delirium, and i am wondering - if dose of 750 was more dangerous for me due to my light asthma. Well it really torments me.

adamkru added 37 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

oh and one more thing. woudl this bronh. properties keep such long time? 4 hours. you know during my sleep i remember waking up. i notice my breathe was shallow like someones asleep and felt asleep again. why woudl i wake up? any experiences with waking from dmh sleep with not apparent reason?

Last edited by adamkru; 03-03-2012 at 20:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-03-2012, 21:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%
Re: Dimenhydrinate and asthma

I don't know much about how dimenhydrinate effects those with asthma. I don't have asthma myself and have only ever taken diphenhydramine, a closely related compound.

I know that dimenhydrinate is the theophylline salt of diphenhydramine. The theophylline part of the dimenhydrinate molecule is what causes bronchodilation. This could in theory mitigate the respiratory depression caused by dimenhydrinate, but if you feel that it is worsening your asthma then it best to stay away from high doses of dimenhydrinate.

Frankly, this is not a drug that is appealing to most people and even for people who enjoy deliriants, like my can of sardines, there are drugs that are much better.

750mg of DMH is not actually a very high dose though, since dimenhydrinate is generally half as potent as diphenhydramine. Still, it might be better to stay away from this compound.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53

Male from United States
adamkru is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Oh, by the way, about 36 hours before taking dmh i took 1 mb of clonazepanum.
Was it dangerous, coudl it icreased sedacion effect cignificantly?

And i am wondering about warnings in erowid faq, about absolutly not taking it while having asthma. It is for people with serius asthma, asthma attacks etc or all people with breathing problems, like me?
It torments me if my life was in danger.

adamkru added 0 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

1 mg of course

adamkru added 109 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

well it was probably 2 mg not 1 mg

Last edited by adamkru; 04-03-2012 at 11:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-04-2012, 17:39
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Like other anticholinergics, dmh will dry out your lungs, and may very well also cause bronchodilation. While respiratory depression can be a problem with any sedative, I doubt it would ever trigger an asthma attack. (If it did, though, you'd be faced with the awkwardness of having to use albuterol in the midst of a dmh trip.....)

After 36 hours, you probably wouldn't have to worry about the clonazepam, but if you still felt heavily sedated from one drug, adding another sedative is of course dangerous.

Share this on:

Tags
dimenhydrinate