Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

The euphoric body Physical sides of drug use.

Old 22-04-2006, 22:10
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,387, Level: 41 Points: 82,387, Level: 41 Points: 82,387, Level: 41
Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1%
What drug makes you hungry?

Is there a non-psychoactive substance that will make you hungry or at least increase your appetite?
Old 22-04-2006, 23:07
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Gaza Strip
Daeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way up
Points: 1,175, Level: 5 Points: 1,175, Level: 5 Points: 1,175, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
vitamine B group(cant remember which one precisely, think its niacin but can be wrong)
Old 23-04-2006, 00:25
Banned

58 y/o Male
old hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6
Any multi-vitamine will make hungry and thirsty.
Old 23-04-2006, 03:04
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
If you are not hungry, but should be, a small amount of food taken every hour tends to get the stomach growling for more. Usually lack of hunger is a result of gastritis (assuming it's not drug-iduced like speed does). So just priming the "system" with a cracker or two every hour will get the hunger-pangs going. It's true that a vitamin can make the stomach growl, but it doesn't really make people hungry. It makes the stomach acids start digestion. This can cause an ulcer.

Other than that, removing things like the newspaper and television might help. That can induce anorexia and nausea these days. As well as insomnia. If you watch the advertisements here in the USA everytime a Bush gets in power and starts bombing places - you will note that the advertisements for ant-acids and sleeping pills increase. As well as ads for beer and liquor - which also decrease appetite. And ulcers or worse are the result.

Regards a non-psychoactive substance that just makes one hungry - I am not aware of any. The problem, if it's not drug-induced - seems to deal with mood and emotional state.

"Blow up your TV. Throw away the paper. Move to the country. Build you a home..." - John Prine

Last edited by Nagognog2; 23-04-2006 at 03:11.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:20
Silver Member

Female from Earth
dzc18l is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Prednisone increased SWIM's appetite beyond belief! Was prescribed for sinuses. Specifically to reduce swelling.
Old 23-04-2006, 08:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3
I would think any serotonin reuptake inhibitor would would. If you think about, when you bust a nut (as I just did an hour ago.. WITH A GIRL!! lol) you want what?? Sleep? Of course, but not before a super sized turkey sandwich with bacon, if available.

Could it be SSRI's make one hungry? I used to take my medication at 6pm every day, for some reason an hour later I would always pig out.. I don't know if this is indeed related to the SSRI, or if I was just on a schedule like this, but I would think it's worth considering.

Obviously, your not going to hop on happy pills to eat more, but then again, Alfa just might.. He sure didn't think twice when he met that one eyed hooker with the peg leg that cleaned between the cracks of her teeth with freshly picked toe nails.
Old 23-04-2006, 12:48
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemistudent
He sure didn't think twice when he met that one eyed hooker with the peg leg that cleaned between the cracks of her teeth with freshly picked toe nails.
I wonder why I just lost my appetite...
Now back on topic.

Last edited by Alfa; 23-04-2006 at 15:34.
Old 23-04-2006, 16:17

Male
Poke my Bunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Hahaha, what is that about Alfa? ;-)

But anyhow, is there anything I could pick up at a local Kroger or GNC (I'm in the U.S.) that I could take as a morning/night supplement to make me hungry? I mean.. is there anything that specifically makes you hungry?
Old 23-04-2006, 16:26

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2
As well as ads for beer and liquor - which also decrease appetite.
I finds the opposite to be true. After drinking a couple beers, I usually follow up by eating ungodly amounts of nachos and cheese. Fried food is also great after a night of drinking.
Old 23-04-2006, 17:51

Male
Poke my Bunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
It might be different for some people, ecause I can't eat, even after only 3 or 4 beers. It would probably make me sick.
Old 23-04-2006, 19:58
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
Yohimbine usually makes me pretty hungry (I do love that this stimulant makes you hungry. Almost like an oxymoron). Doubt one would want the additional effects if all they are earching for is hunger, though.
Old 03-05-2006, 15:45

28 y/o Male
D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5
Reading this forum makes me hungry
Old 03-05-2006, 19:19
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Doesn't work for me.
Old 03-05-2006, 21:50

Male
MrMouse is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
GHB makes SWIM very hungry indeed
Old 17-05-2006, 18:20
Driftwood

Male from Ireland
Lunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline MedlineLunar Loops must mainline Medline
Points: 5,164, Level: 10 Points: 5,164, Level: 10 Points: 5,164, Level: 10
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Craving for food lights up the brain

This article from The Guardian in the UK is sort of linked to this question (and perhaps I should have posted this in the drug news forum, but only a little mention at the end of the article):

Craving for food lights up the brain

· Scans show why some people can't resist
· High activity seen in those more sensitive to reward

Sarah Hall, health correspondent
Wednesday May 17, 2006
The Guardian

Scientists at the Medical Research Council have unearthed the perfect excuse for overeating: it's in the brain. Researchers at the council's cognition and brain sciences unit have come up with the first neurobiological proof as to why some people seem unable to resist food. The research, published today in the Journal of Neuroscience, not only provides evidence that some people are particularly susceptible to images of food but helps to explain the power of food advertising.
Researchers already knew that a certain personality trait which reflects the drive to pursue reward or pleasurable experiences, including food, is exhibited at various levels depending on the person. This difference is called higher or lower reward sensitivity.

Previous research has shown that people with high reward sensitivity have stronger food cravings and are more likely to be overweight. But until now the biological basis for this had not been known.
The study identifies how this relationship operates in the brain. It shows that individuals with higher reward sensitivity show increased activity in five key areas of the brain implicated in motivation or reward, and that this increase happens when they simply look at pictures of appetising food. The scientists, led by John Beaver, used brain scanning technology known as functional magnetic resonance imaging to analyse the brain activity of 12 men and women as they looked at highly appetising food, such as chocolate cake, as well as bland foods (broccoli), and disgusting food (rotten meat).
After testing, the participants completed a questionnaire that assessed their drive to pursue goals and so determined their level of reward sensitivity.
The study found that, shown pictures of the appetising food, individuals with higher reward sensitivity had up to twice the level of activity in the five areas of the brain implicated with reward - known as the neural network - compared with those with lower reward sensitivity.
"What we didn't know before is how reward sensitivity in relation to food is expressed in the brain," said one of the study's authors, Andy Calder, a senior research scientist.
"We didn't know if high reward-sensitive individuals are more prone to eat more. But, as you move up the scale, the people at the top have twice as much activation as those at the bottom."
Dr Beaver, the study's lead author, added: "Previous studies in this area have assumed that brain activation patterns are similar in all healthy individuals. But the new findings demonstrate that even in healthy individuals some people's brain reward centres are more sensitive to appetising food cues. This helps explain why some individuals are more vulnerable to developing certain disorders like binge eating.
"This is particularly pertinent in understanding the rapidly increasing prevalence of obesity, as people are constantly bombarded with images of appetising food items in order to promote food intake through television adverts, vending machines, or product packaging."
The researchers also believe the findings could have implications for the study of other forms of addictive behaviour, such as alcoholism and drug abuse, as well as compulsive disorders. "Research demonstrates that an individual's reward sensitivity may also relate to their vulnerability to substance abuse, and the brain network we have identified is hyper-responsive to drug cues in addicts," said Dr Beaver.
Old 17-05-2006, 18:59
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,442, Level: 12 Points: 7,442, Level: 12 Points: 7,442, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
I find it unbelievable that no one has mentioned cannabis.

SWIM has gotten quite hungry on several psychedelics, but he forgets precisely which ones. Among them were 2C-C and 5-MeO-DALT. But I don't think the drugs themselves caused hunger - SWIM always tries to take psychedelics on an empty stomach, and if his tummy feels OK after he comes up, and the drug does not produce anorexia, then hunger ensues.

Last edited by radiometer; 21-05-2006 at 20:41.
Old 17-05-2006, 19:28

35 y/o Male
Equality is captain of the psychonauts.Equality is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
GHB most definate for swim, he always eates 2 bags of chips, chocolate and whatever is available
Old 18-05-2006, 04:46
Silver Member

Male
LowExpectations is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemistudent
I would think any serotonin reuptake inhibitor would would. If you think about, when you bust a nut (as I just did an hour ago.. WITH A GIRL!! lol) you want what?? Sleep? Of course, but not before a super sized turkey sandwich with bacon, if available.
It's because you lose so much protein in the ejaculation.
Old 21-05-2006, 00:19
Gold Member

48 y/o Female from United States
Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.Mona Lisa probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 674, Level: 4 Points: 674, Level: 4 Points: 674, Level: 4
marijuana gives
Old 21-05-2006, 06:24
Productive insomniac
Administrator

The lust for sleep after ejaculation is caused by the hormone prolactin.
Old 26-05-2006, 00:58

36 y/o Male
Agamemnon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
hunger is a two edged sword.to eat because you have an eating disorder and cant control yourself can kill you.to deny yourself nutrition because you might get fat can kill you.i agree with nagog in the respect that eating often is good.eat at least five meals a day with snacks in between.but watch the kind of carbs you put in your body.only eat low glycemic index carbs and reduce your protien to the size of a deck of playing cards.food is the ultimat drug,it can kill you,make you stronger or totally change your appearance.you must eat to stay healthy a diet is just that DIE T get my drift? you must keep the fires burning and build muscle.just remember when you are wondering what a low glycemic index carb is ,that we evolved from cave men.cavemen didnt have dognuts or pizza or chit like that ,they had lean meat,friuts and veggies.eat like a caveman,get hungry,get in shape so you can do more drugs without being a couch potato.stay in shape and do it all,get fat or skinny and you will crawl...................................as for a drug that makes me get the munchies ide have to say good pot, yea good pot thats the ticket...............
Old 08-06-2006, 02:21
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Does anyone have experience with PERIACTIN? I see that this med is applied to increase hunger and that it has quite some side effects, I am not very enthousiastic about.
Old 20-06-2006, 18:42
Silver Member

Male
Myzrael is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Easy one.........weed makes SWIM hungry....VERY!
Also makes him horny on a funny note....
Old 20-06-2006, 18:49
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.
Points: 1,751, Level: 6 Points: 1,751, Level: 6 Points: 1,751, Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer
I find it unbelievable that no one has mentioned cannabis.

SWIM has gotten quite hungry on several psychedelics, but he forgets precisely which ones. Among them were 2C-C and 5-MeO-DALT. But I don't think the drugs themselves caused hunger - SWIM always tries to take psychedelics on an empty stomach, and if his tummy feels OK after he comes up, and the drug does not produce anorexia, then hunger ensues.
agreed but cannabis is psychoactive so its ruled out.id have to vote for alcohol.....i always get really hungry when im pissed.....drunken munchies are in swims opinion are more severe than stoned munchies.
Old 20-06-2006, 19:27
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
Alcohol isn't a psychoactive??

Share this on:

Tags
add medication, antibiotics, cocaine, cocaine and heroin, drug, drugs, ghb, heroin, legal drugs, prescription drug, prescription drugs, prescription medication