Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 02-03-2012, 17:53
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Jon Dose is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Testing positive for THC and I DONT smoke! Help!

Swim has been on methadone maintenance for a little over 13 months and he has a problem. He is given a urine analysis once a week,as is everyone who is in the "entry phase" of the program. He had smoked marijuana for the the first few months of the program and eventually stopped. He started having clean drug screens and eventually started earning take-home doses. Upon entering "phase 2", after 90 days of clean drug screens, he was given 2 take homes per week. He used his on Saturday and Sunday which means he didn't have to go to the clinic on the weekends.

After a few months of this, swim started smoking weed again. Obviously, he started failing drug screens and one at a time, lost his take homes and got knocked back down to entry phase. When swim used marijuana, he was always honest about it with his counselor and the nurses. While marijuana is illegal in my state for any reason and isn't acceptable to use at my clinic, it still isn't something the doctor will take away your treatment for. Since technically swim could continue to use marijuana and never lose his methadone, he really never had a reason to lie about his use of the drug, and still doesn't.

Two months ago, swim decided to quit smoking marijuana. It wasn't doing much for him anymore, it was wasting his money and he wanted to take his recovery a little more seriously and not continue to fail drug screens. In the past, anytime swim was to stop smoking (even after chronic, daily use of high potency strains), he would be completely clean within 2 weeks at the most. Well it has been at LEAST two months since he has used the drug now and is STILL failing drug screens for thc! While this may not be unheard of, the thing that makes this so crazy is that during this time, his levels have not even gone down! They are still showing the thc levels of a daily user! Two weeks ago, his levels even went UP just a little and this is just absurd. False positives are less common with thc than with other drugs, especially opiates, since there are many substances that can cause this to happen. Supposedly, the thc metabolite is more unique and than some others and because of this, it is less likely to test positive for thc without actually using the drug.

That being said, it DOES happen. There are flukes. But not 8 in a row! And even if the drug was simply taking a little longer than normal to eliminate itself from his body, his levels should still be going down at some rate or another but they aren't! In the last 8 weeks, with the exception of one test where his level magically rose a few points without taking so much as a puff, his numbers have stayed exactly the same, and I mean EXACTLY. This is very frustrating because he knows he has not smoked one bit of marijuana, nor has he been around anyone who has, in at LEAST eight weeks, maybe even ten weeks. The only drugs besides his daily dose of methadone that he has taken have been a couple of Aleve (naproxen sodium) for the occassional headache and while he has read that this is one of the few drugs that can possibly cause a false positive for thc, he seriously doubts this as an explanation for several reasons. For one thing, he doesn't take it that often, for another,he took them for headaches even when swim was passing drug screens regularly. Also, why would his levels be so high to show that of a heavy user?

I have googled this and haven't found this.to happen to very many and I definitely couldn't find anyone who had an explanation that may apply to me. Has this ever happened to any of swiy's? This is making swim look like a liar at his clinic and if any of his potential employers (he is currently seeking work) were to throw a drug test his way, he most likely wouldn't get the job. What is going on?

Last edited by Jon Dose; 02-03-2012 at 18:31.
Old 02-03-2012, 17:59
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,579, Level: 12 Points: 7,579, Level: 12 Points: 7,579, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%
Re: Testing positive for THC and I DONT smoke! Help!

could someone be spiking you food or drink? second hand toke smoke? hemp seeds? sleep blazing, lol?

the music festivals clouding your mind?
Old 02-03-2012, 18:29
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Jon Dose is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Testing positive for THC and I DONT smoke! Help!

Nobody is spiking swims food or drink and he isn't around anyone who smokes, as stated in the original post. Don't use hemp seeds and definitely don't sleep smoke, lol. Swim isn't even around marijuana! It's the damn craziest thing I have ever seen and it has me quite frustrated. This is surely unheard of for most anyone and swim is willing to take a lie detector test, is willing to submit to any further testing (swim has even requested a confirmation test be done on his urine that was last found to be positive for thc, although he is doubtful this will show anything any different,) and is even willing to be under a doctors care 24/7 to prove he isn't using the stuff but is still showing positive. I would guess some scientist out there would be very curious about this and would love to run tests on swim to see why his body is holding onto the drug for so long, as this must be extremely rare, if not a medical first. It has been way too long for the tests to be showing a thc level that is not so much as budging.

Share this on:

Tags
drugs, marijuana, methadone, nsaids, thc