Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 27-02-2012, 07:01

24 y/o Male from United States
radientzamboni is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
kratom for severe anxiety

hey, im new here, i didn't see a topic like this so thought i'd post it, just a little kratom/benzo question -

can someone tell me first hand if kratom work reliably for severe anxiety?? AFOAF don't want to get hooked on benzos...

AFOAF finished weaning of my welbutrin a few days ago (with docs approval) because he wasn't feeling like himself after eight months on the drug. he feels much better, except the anxiety has returned- he's also on buspar, but it's not working. his doctor might prescribe a benzo if he asked, but h'd probably enjoy it too much and that's what worries him. AFOAF has been clean for almost a year and doesn't like the idea of being hooked on that stuff if at all possible. but, he thinks he hates this anxiety even more. it wasn't like this two weeks ago for AFOAF. he feels nervous just sitting in my apartment, let alone walking about the door and passing his neighbors. let alone going to teach a guitar lesson tomorrow. AFOAF just wants to be at baseline.

AFOAF is also going to france in a month with his folks. he'll be in a house with six people for two weeks.. he needs this anxiety to cease... could he take kratom to france? he's getting an ounce of it in the mail soon.... thank you for answers
Old 27-02-2012, 11:50
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3
Re: kratom for severe anxiety

Kratom definitely makes me more social in lower-medium doses. I would be careful not to take it more than a day or two at a time without 2-3 day breaks. I've found that my tolerance is quite high after just a couple days of steady use, and kratom is the only opioid type drug I still use (so no tolerance at all going in). I think it could be helpful if you take it only as needed.

No idea if you can bring it into France, I'd hesitate to bring any suspicious looking plant material onto an international flight.
Old 27-02-2012, 12:00
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Do you realise you can get hooked on Kratom, just like Benzos?

Kratom can work great for anxiety for many. But in my experience after long term use it can create as much anxiety as it used to stop.

I dont recomend you travel with Kratom. Buy some when you get where you are going.
While kratom might be legal where you live, getting stopped with it could cause a lot of headaches. You could be detained untill it is tested and proven to be what you say it is, that could take a while and its not worth missing flights over.

I would recomend something like valerian extract for anxiety.
If you dont already, i would recomend you talk to a professional and get to the root of the anxiety too.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great advice full of wisdom.
Old 27-02-2012, 13:00

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Kartom doesn't really address anxiety very well. As ianzombie says it is quite a good social lubricant at lower doses and ven works as a stimulant. My friend likes taking kratom whilst hiking-- he syas he can go on for hours without feeling fatigue. Higher doses seem to produce anxiety when they start tom wear off a few hours later and can interfere with sleep patterns.

Kratom is physically addictive, but very mildly so compared to benzos or opioids. It is not really an opioid-- it just acts on similar receptor sites (please correct me if I'm wrong).My friend tells me that it is not very addictive if only taken a few grammes a day even over a long period, but after effects do seem to include anxiety and sleep loss. At higher doses daily (1-20 g a day or more) the symptoms are said to much more severe.

Again, I would second what ianzombie says, it is better to get to the root of anxiety. If it is temporary problem then very sparing use of bezos can help, but if long term they are a very bad idea. Prescribed meds such as SSRIs appear to have such terrible withdrawal symptoms, even violent psychosis. As Big Pharma is making very big bucks out of them, little reliable research is available on their negative effects (yes, they even edit Wikipedia).

For what it worth, my friend tells me that he has travelled extensively with kratom, but ground and put into capsules, usually in a valerian bottle, and has never even had it looked at. It is illegal in some places, such as Thailand, Australia and Malaysia. He does not really use it for anxiety rather for energy.
Old 27-02-2012, 13:54

damn that was some awful grammer in my first post!.... i read you can get hooked on it. if to a lesser degree than a benzodiazepine, or opiate though. i wish there was a known solution to the root of my anxiety. maybe in another life.

pharmaceutical companies are editing wiki now.........my worst anxieties are confirmed.
Old 28-02-2012, 00:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
RoweHowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

Kratom cured my friends anxiety. He used to think too much about what he wanted to say, but just not say anything at all. Now with kratom it's like that horrible thought process has disappeared.

He doesn't blurt out irrelevant topics like benzos can do, but instead thinks quicker because he isn't worrying about ANYTHING, while somehow remaining mentally alert and more than normal productive from I think the stimulant side.

To put it into perspective it's like you drank a bunch of coffee, but if you WANT to you can sit down and relax, while remaining alert. And if you choose to get right back up and clean or something, you don't think about the bad side of it. At least that's how my friend is, and his mom, sister, one brother (out of 3), and even his dad liked it, but it made him too nauseas.

Kratom saved his attitude towards socializing, and productivity.

Also, even though people recommend taking at least 5 grams for a noob, I take 1-3 grams at the most in a dose, and it has worked well for very long. (but I just use in the morning (thai or good malay), and sometimes in the evening (bali), and I take sunday off, take 2 dxm's or loperamide w/d's are nothing then.

This a good perspective on kratom.
Old 28-02-2012, 14:58

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

You certainly can get hooked on kratom, but if doses are kept low, perhaps somewhat like alcohol, it is not really a serious problem. It does make SWIM more confident. It makes him much more confident when he is trying to speak a foreign language, for example. It might well help with anxiety but there is a danger that somebody could sink into a descending spiral of ever increasing doses, which would lead to depression and real addiction (not of the intensity of benzo or heroin addiction, but if you browse this forum, you can see that it can be quite bad).

Quote:
Also, even though people recommend taking at least 5 grams for a noob, I take 1-3 grams at the most in a dose, and it has worked well for very long. (but I just use in the morning (thai or good malay), and sometimes in the evening (bali)....
This is sensible advice-- people seem to take far too large doses. Smaller doses can be a real 'pick me up' without impairing the mind. SWIM sometimes even just takes a gram or two== not to get f@#$$ed but focussed.
Old 29-02-2012, 18:47

I just went back on the anti-depressant. least for a while longer.. i do wonder if bupropion is what being cloned feels like I've got five grams of kava and an ounce of thai powder kratom so I'm looking forward to taking a few grams this afternoon i'll letcha guys know how it goes
Old 29-02-2012, 22:52
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United Kingdom
ZoltanBuchan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Do you realise you can get hooked on Kratom, just like Benzos?

Kratom can work great for anxiety for many. But in my experience after long term use it can create as much anxiety as it used to stop.
I find kratom can either help or hinder with anxiety, depending on the dose. 3-4 grams of Thai or Bali powder really helps take the edge off a hangover for me (I often get severe anxiety the day after drinking alcohol), but higher does (10-12 grams, say) can make me very jumpy.

For example, I had 12 grams of Thai powder on my way out of the office today, and by the time I had walked to station 30 minutes later I was fully enjoying its positive aspects, ie stimulation, genuine euphoria. However, 30 minutes later I started to feel paranoid and uncomfortable, and was eventually glad to get off the train and back through my own front door.

ZoltanBuchan added 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirewithin View Post
My friend likes taking kratom whilst hiking-- he syas he can go on for hours without feeling fatigue.
I love kratom when I go hiking!

I'll often drink a 10 gram pot of kratom tea (usually Thai or Bali powder)before heading off for a 3 or 4 hour stroll in the country, one of favourite ways to spend an afternoon. The fact that I'm out in country away from crowds of people pretty much kills the negative ie anxiety aspects of kratom for me.

Last edited by ZoltanBuchan; 29-02-2012 at 22:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2012, 18:30

My friend's first experience with Thai Powder Kratom-

One hour before ingestion she took 50 mg of meclizine to prevent nausea.

T-0: She ingested 4 grams of Thai Powdered Kratom by toss and wash. Less than pleasant, but doable. Some coughing from powder in back of throat. Effects were noticeable for her after ten minutes - she felt stimulated and wants to get up and move around. She was browsing the internet and reading about Kratom...

40 min - She ingested another 4 grams. 2 grams by toss and wash, bombs the other two. Listens to music, and surfs the net. Feelin' fine.

45 min - By now she was sick of sitting inside the apartment, so she goes for a walk. A very refreshing walk indeed; it also amplified the effects.

80 min - She gets back in the door, she feels considerably higher. Surfs the internet, listens to music, and just enjoys the experience.

90 min - Ingests another 4 grams. One parachute, one toss and wash. Lifts weights for a few minutes, which lifts the experience. Feeling fancier by the minute.

105 min - Takes a shower. Feels good to her, but not too drastically different from a sober one.

140 min - Peak of the whole experience - feels like a couple e tabs and 30 mg hydro for her. Bliss.

She needed to eat after another hour or so, so the effects wore off after about four hours. She climbs in bed and goes to sleep.

She had an afterglow the next morning, and felt a little lethargic, but no hangover for her. No ill effects whatsoever over the whole experience. She definitely perceives the anti-depressent, euphoric, and pain killing effects, but she didn't notice any real anti-anxiety effects (even at the low dose [will have to try a much smaller dose while not on the anti-depressant, she says]). A new favorite for her. And she says that's why she's not going to let it get out of hand. 10/10
Old 02-03-2012, 06:40

Male from Bermuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoltanBuchan View Post
I find kratom can either help or hinder with anxiety, depending on the dose. 3-4 grams of Thai or Bali powder really helps take the edge off a hangover for me (I often get severe anxiety the day after drinking alcohol), but higher does (10-12 grams, say) can make me very jumpy.

For example, I had 12 grams of Thai powder on my way out of the office today, and by the time I had walked to station 30 minutes later I was fully enjoying its positive aspects, ie stimulation, genuine euphoria. However, 30 minutes later I started to feel paranoid and uncomfortable, and was eventually glad to get off the train and back through my own front door.

I love kratom when I go hiking!

I'll often drink a 10 gram pot of kratom tea (usually Thai or Bali powder)before heading off for a 3 or 4 hour stroll in the country, one of favourite ways to spend an afternoon. The fact that I'm out in country away from crowds of people pretty much kills the negative ie anxiety aspects of kratom for me.
There is nothing like a walk in the countryside on kratom. You need to be doing something. My friend tells me he has even used on longer treks in Nepal and other places, but he only takes 4-7 grams a time.

Nausea stops him taking 12 grams often, almost an inbuilt restriction, which is fortunate. It can make you agitated sometimes, if the circumstances are wrong.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:53
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Kratom helps with my anxiety caused by opiate withdrawals naturally, but as said, it has possibility for dependence.

Here is a thread made by the members of the site that helps with panic and anxiety
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=160007

Good luck and please keep us updated.
Old 02-03-2012, 19:36

thanks.
Old 14-03-2012, 19:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
gvsulaker82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM is more social on kratom just talking to people he knows but if he has to do a presentation in front of a group or talk to people he does not know he is a thousand times more nervous.
Old 19-03-2012, 13:49
Silver Member

Female from Earth
raek is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

I have social anxiety which is the original reason I used kratom (it was so great for job interviews and things I can't even imagine doing otherwise). I used it a lot to go to work, which also really helped my fatigue. Eventually dropped it because my tolerance skyrocketed just by using it every 2nd day for a month or two (.. Bad source probably too). Now I use it whenever I go out with friends, it makes me way more social and energetic whereas before I was too anxious and fatigued to make any friends. So while it's been totally lifechanging for me and really positive you can still become reliant on it. For instance I can barely go outside now without. It was difficult to go out of the house before using kratom but now knowing I don't have to go outside without it, it's even harder. I imagine if I were to quit I'd lose the friends i've made, too, so just be careful not to depend on it too much
Old 22-03-2012, 21:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
alanko007 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

SWIM is an another kratom success story.

He has a fairly bad GAD, which is a result of many negative life experiences. He used to have bad diarrhea and stomach pains every morning, regular, sometimes permanent tachycardia, he used to worry about everything all the time, he was paranoid and it was getting worse and worse. It almost ruined his long-term relationship with his GF. It was HELL and he couldn't function properly.

At that time, he was a fairly experienced drug user, though he never went for the hard stuff. He has experienced with kratom before and loved it.
He decided to give it a try. It did MIRACLES. All of the symptoms were almost completely gone. He now manages to keep his tolerance down, takes breaks and so on to prevent hardcore addiction. His schedule is: kratom every other day for 3 weeks, then a one week (or so) break and then again. He has been going like this for cca. 4 months and even without kratom he feels better than he used to before using kratom. SWIM is going to attend a 1 year-long psychotherapeutic sessions, start doing sports, he has also went on a healthy diet

SWIM can't say that all of his days with or without kratom are a bliss, but he knows he is getting his life slowly back on tracks And kratom has been an absolute gift from the heavens. SWIM's hope is that kratom will one day be generally known as a potential medicine and not a drug.

Good to hear kratom being used constructively like this.
Old 10-01-2014, 22:33
Silver Member

Female from United States
Katrina1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

My kitty received her Kratom in the mail today. Seeing as how she has no scale, can anyone tell me a relative conversion so she can measure out her grams? And maybe even a suggestion of a good dose to start out with? thank you!
Old 10-01-2014, 23:26
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina1 View Post
My kitty received her Kratom in the mail today. Seeing as how she has no scale, can anyone tell me a relative conversion so she can measure out her grams? And maybe even a suggestion of a good dose to start out with? thank you!
Is this powdered kratom I assume? What type of kratom is it? Does kitty have any experience with kratom or an opiate tolerance?

Weighing with a teaspoon is not the most reliable method, but it can be done - just keep in mind that depending on the type of leaf, fineness of the grind, etc, etc, there is going to be some variation in weights.

I have found that a level teaspoon (this is a measuring teaspoon mind you, not just a regular spoon) usually weighs 2.3 - 2.9 grams. This is with several different vendors, but it still could vary for kitty depending on your source.

A beginner dose for someone with no opiate tolerance would usually be 2-4 grams. In kitty's case, if she is unable to measure accurately, I would try 1 level teaspoon on an empty stomach to start out. You don't want to overdo it, so better to start low. If that doesn't seem to do the trick, then next time (wait 24 hours) try 1.5 teaspoons.

Check out the kratom sub-forum- you will get a lot of kitty's questions answered.
Old 11-01-2014, 00:05
Silver Member

Female from United States
Katrina1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Kitty does have opiate experience. Kitty graduated rehab six months ago, having gone there for an addiction to slamming dialaudid. Kitty has been clean since.
She got the Green Malaysian powder. It's a 28 gram pack. If she has to buy a digital scale thanshe will but for now she wants to keep it as much on the down low as possible, ya know?
Just wondering what a tablespoon hastily thrown into some tea and thrown back might be equivalent to. Kitty knows she can't get an exact answer in that, but maybe a ballpark. I'm trying to read through all the threads but I already mentioned the "down low" thing so she has to be careful with her hubs at home. Thank you for the help!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:27
Silver Member

Male from United States
hemalitun is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2 Points: 155, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

i started using kratom at least partially to ease my anxiety. it worked to begin with. now it only sometimes has anxiolytic effects. I would recommend kava kava.

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, benzo, benzodiazepines, benzos, depression, drugs-forum, kratom