Notices

Old 26-02-2012, 07:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
xtothea420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to ask your doctor to prescribe you Opana

Would it be a bad idea to ask the doctor to prescribe SWIM to Oxymorphone? SWIM feels as if this is a silly question, but SWIM has never asked a doctor to specifically prescribe a certain drug. How common is it to ask your doctor for a specific substance?
Old 26-02-2012, 18:44
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
mistman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Re: How to ask your doctor to prescribe you Opana

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothea420 View Post
Would it be a bad idea to ask the doctor to prescribe SWIM to Oxymorphone? SWIM feels as if this is a silly question, but SWIM has never asked a doctor to specifically prescribe a certain drug. How common is it to ask your doctor for a specific substance?
It can be tricky and perilous depending on the circumstances and the doctor.

What meds are you currently being prescribed and how long have you been on your current meds? How long have you been on your current dose? How long have you been seeing your doc and what is your compliance record?
Old 26-02-2012, 18:44

Female from United States
laur891011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

This varies depending on the doctor. Does SWIM have a long term relationship with said doctor? is the doctor familiar with SWIM's pain history and medication history? Every doctor is different. My cat's doctor is very open to suggestions, but my cat has been a long term patient. Many doctors think of this as drug seeking behavior. Only SWIM knows his doctor and how they may react.
Old 26-02-2012, 19:29
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

As the others have already pointed out, it will depend on your legitimate pain issues and what medications you are already taking, etc...along with a million other factors including the doctors own standards for scripting medications with a high abuse potential.
You should know your doctor, and if there is a genuine medical need for any kind of opiates then you should be able to discuss that with your doc without asking for too much advice really.

Please understand before going any further with this thread that tips on doctor manipulation are against the rules and are really frowned on - anyone attempting to score from a doctor makes it much harder for the legitimate pain patients who run into nothing but complications caused by people who abuse the system.

I'm not saying that is the case with you, and do feel free to tell us your specific diagnosis as there are plenty of legit pain patients here who may have some useful advice - but doctor manipulation and doctor shopping are not topics that get very far here
take care.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point in setting out the position of the forum regarding doctor manipulation.
Was hoping someone would point doctor manipulation out
Old 27-02-2012, 02:20

Male from United States
xtothea420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

SWIM was recently involved in a car accident on valentines day (of all days....). Previous back pain issues from street fighting and training in MMA has given SWIM troubles sleeping at night. Recieving pain treatment, especially in florida won't be easy. I have never recieved an MRI (i'm scared to find out whats wrong although I will be getting one this week), and SWIM has only been prescribed Percoset 5mg's after his last motorcycle accident. I hope this helps.

xtothea420 added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Not to mention ALSO that SWIM is 20 years of age. Quite a strong unfortunate set of events for someone this age.

Last edited by xtothea420; 27-02-2012 at 02:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27-02-2012, 02:52
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
mistman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Quote:
SWIM was recently involved in a car accident on valentines day (of all days....). Previous back pain issues from street fighting and training in MMA has given SWIM troubles sleeping at night. Recieving pain treatment, especially in florida won't be easy. I have never recieved an MRI (i'm scared to find out whats wrong although I will be getting one this week), and SWIM has only been prescribed Percoset 5mg's after his last motorcycle accident. I hope this helps.

Not to mention ALSO that SWIM is 20 years of age. Quite a strong unfortunate set of events for someone this age.
Under these circumstances you will most likely be labeled a drug seeker if you ask for Opana. This is a medication you generally work your way up to.
Old 27-02-2012, 06:21
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
hillbilly345 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3

You want to ask for Opana, for what reason? Your young! You have plenty of time to recuperate. No matter if you need some kind of surgury or even if you went a more holistic or natural route, even chiro or napropath or massage or whatever. Anythings better than trying to address your problem by masking it with a highly addictive substance that is stronger than morphine. You should be using your will that you have now and your youth to your advantage and try to get better. Dont go the drug route! If you look on here you will see many have had problms like you and chose the other way and are trying to address two problems now.

Sound advice. Becoming overly dependent on opioids at a young age can lead to trouble down the line.
Old 27-02-2012, 06:53
Palladium Member

Male from United States
imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.imyourlittlebare really knows their shit.
Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6 Points: 1,875, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I dont think there is anything wrong with using appropriate measures to control the pain but why would you ask for that particular drug? They all do the same thing essentially but there are differences in potency and duration. Very little difference in the duration of relief so I am assuming that is not the issue.

Hope things go well on the MRI. My two cents is this. Use what they give you and use it responsibly. If you reasonably think that what they are giving you is not doing the job and you might require some sort of long-term treatment, then think about it as such. Think about it in the long-term and what is your best options over time. They can try to minimize tolerance but if you are in long-term treatment for a condition, you might be wise to use what they give you and consider talking to the doctor about an antidepressant as an adjunct to your pain management. Some of them can work very well and all of them do increase the level of endogenous opioids such as enkephalins in the brain while working to decrease pain signals from reaching their destination through altering how your brain and spinal cord work to receive and interpret pain.

Wish you well and I hope things resolve themselves soon.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:26

30 y/o Male from United States
str8ballin should review received reputation comments.
Points: 734, Level: 4 Points: 734, Level: 4 Points: 734, Level: 4

SWIM used to be heavily addicted to Opana and built up a tolerance very quickly after he first started using. The withdrawals were brutal and something he wouldn't wish upon his worst enemy. SWIM has been clean of Opana for 5 months now and is finally starting to feel "normal" again after several years of opiate abuse.

Anyway good luck trying to find a doctor to prescribe you Opana. SWIM had a hard enough time trying to get his doctor to prescribe him vicodin. I guess a good way would be to build up a good relationship with your doctor and work your way up.

Finding a "quack doctor" is another way of manipulating the system which can cause negative repercussions on others in genuine need of pain relief.

Last edited by Gradient; 22-09-2012 at 18:24. Reason: doctor shopping
Old 27-02-2012, 07:38

Male from USA - Alaska
rejectedbysociety is a decent psychonaut.rejectedbysociety is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

If the Percocets aren't working Roxicets may work, or possibly bigger percocets.

Prescriptions drugs are nothing to be taken lightly, those are just more potent(roxys are less acetaminophen, and available in higher dosages, perc 10s would probably be better) versions of the same drugs you're on.

Also, I see the 420 in your name, strong indicas will help as well, also it seems that in my experience dirt grown weed is better for pain purposes than hydro
Old 28-02-2012, 02:14

32 y/o Male from United States
jman1982 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Hey there, let me throw in my 2 cents. My cat has been taking large amount of narcodics for years and years. Now the vet put him on Opana ER 10MG, but my cat ran out eairly, baddddddd. So my cat had a script for Norcos 10mg. So my cat threw out the day has taken about 12 of them and they have not done ANYTHING at all!!! So what I'm trying to say is Opana's are for people whom have truly truly bad pain and nothing else works. I see that now my cat will have to take them for the rest of his life, because nothing else will work as good ever again!!
Old 22-09-2012, 18:18
Gradient Gradient is nu online
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,642, Level: 16 Points: 12,642, Level: 16 Points: 12,642, Level: 16
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%

Sorry everyone - but we can't condone doctor manipulation on these boards, for both the protection of our members and the forum's longevity from negative legal attention.
Old 23-09-2012, 05:22
Banned

29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.

I do not CONDONE doctor manipulation. There is a good manipulation and the Un Lawfull Manipulation of a doctor to obtain a prescription by fraud."I am against this and so is DF". But this is what i would do to help your doctor see you more as a patient that needs a better medication for pain. For a person that is in pain. So your Doctor does not think that you are or have drug seeking behavior.This take's Positive Manipulation

Here is some advice..

When asking your doctor for the desired medication straight out right, Some time's it is better to know a little bit of information than to much information. Asking for a medication specificly. Is not the way to go. Maybe try asking your doctor for the medication. But in a different way. Like asking for the medication by describing it, maybe saying it worked for your dad with back surgery or you did some research on the internet. This is just simply making you seem not like a drug seeker. People that are in Legit pain need the meds. And as long as what you are telling the doctor is the truth then you are not violating any laws. If you are in pain and you actually are "Thats the Truth"" Manipulating a Doctor is probably Bad. But making a doctor see you as a patient that needs attention is a kind of manipulation. You are showing the doctor you are in pain. Telling him you need meds.!!. It all come's down to how you approach manipulating your doctor for your needs. Manipulation : to handle, manage, or use, especially with skill, in some process of treatment or performance toadaptorchange(accounts, figures, etc.) to suit one's purpose oradvantage.when i see my doctor i am going to manipulate him in a good positive way. I am going to give him the impression of the kind of character i have. How my health is. And my mental health. If i want to sway a doctor's opinion of my character then i have the right to manipulate him in a positive manner to change his opinion of me. Its a doctors job to watch out for drug addicts and people with drug seeking behavior. So its better to be on your doctors side. Give him a good impression of you. This whole process can be done with most doctors when trying to get a desired medication. Perfectly Legal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Hanstara; 23-09-2012 at 05:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-09-2012, 23:31

20 y/o Male from United Kingdom
WhatIDesire is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:

I think anyone whos into fighting of any sort needs to have strong will power my friend. Although Mike Tyson did coke and weed when he was young.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs-forum, opana, opanas, oxymorphone

» New Threads
Is it true you can use on top of...
Last post by hunter19877
5 Replies, 138 Views
Please explain again how this...
Last post by RainbowJunkieForever
14 Replies, 414 Views
It's all so fucking hard
Last post by babalooj