Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 22-02-2012, 03:44
Ralliart420 Ralliart420 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 15-11-2010
Male from United States
Posts: 28
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Hey everyone, I am prescribed Xanax and my last script didn't work as well as they had before (which was a long time ago), I switched from xanax to klonopin for a little while. I switched back to Xanax last month (peach 0.5mg footballs). They failed to kick in quick and ultimately just made me tired instead of relieving my anxiety and allowing me to function as well. When I got my script this month I specifically asked for a different generic and ended up with the Mylan generics (blue 1mg circles). I have read a little bit about them and have now read that they aren't that great either. Are there any good generics? I asked for the brand, but that would have been over 200 dollars which I'm not about to drop on a 30 day supply. If anyone knows any better ones or why these aren't as good, I'd really appreciate it. I know they say that genetics are the same but I'm skeptical about this now.
  #2  
Old 22-02-2012, 19:18
Ontario Ontario is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 16-02-2012
23 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 338
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Sandoz and Greenstone, SWIM wouldnt go with Maylan.

Actavis work fine to.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please discourage the use of SWIM.
  #3  
Old 22-02-2012, 19:25
Narcoleptic Insomniac Narcoleptic Insomniac is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 22-02-2012
21 y/o Male from USA - Michigan
Posts: 1
Narcoleptic Insomniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Hey.
If legitimate relief is what you're searching for, and not recreational use, then i would recommend Xanax XR.
I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, and have since i was 14. No matter what drug i am prescribed, nothing works! My brain is always running fucking marathons and its so disracting and most of the time very depressive. I've been prescribed Xanax for the first rime ever when i was 15, and after a week my doctor demanded them to be thrown out. So i did. Since then, my gad has gotten much worse.
That 1 week i was on Xanax for was the best time of my life. My anxiety was gomr, and i could think clearly, and most importantly i could control my thoughts!
i havent been prescribed any other benzos, but i know a combination of Zoloft and Wellbutrin are helping me a little. Ask your doctor about those 2 and ask about Xanax XR as well.
Good luck, and if you ever seem to come across a solution, please inform me of it.
i wish you the best,
~S.N.

Narcoleptic Insomniac added 7 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcoleptic Insomniac View Post
Hey.
If legitimate relief is what you're searching for, and not recreational use, then i would recommend Xanax XR.
I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, and have since i was 14. No matter what drug i am prescribed, nothing works! My brain is always running fucking marathons and its so disracting and most of the time very depressive. I've been prescribed Xanax for the first rime ever when i was 15, and after a week my doctor demanded them to be thrown out. So i did. Since then, my gad has gotten much worse.
That 1 week i was on Xanax for was the best time of my life. My anxiety was gomr, and i could think clearly, and most importantly i could control my thoughts!
i havent been prescribed any other benzos, but i know a combination of Zoloft and Wellbutrin are helping me a little. Ask your doctor about those 2 and ask about Xanax XR as well.
Good luck, and if you ever seem to come across a solution, please inform me of it.
i wish you the best,
~S.N.
Wow, please ignore my spelling mistakes. Im on a phone.
The initials at the bottom were supposed to be N.I. for narcoleptic insomniac... i dont know how s.n. got posted

Last edited by Narcoleptic Insomniac; 22-02-2012 at 19:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #4  
Old 23-02-2012, 06:05
Ralliart420 Ralliart420 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 15-11-2010
Male from United States
Posts: 28
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Thanks for the responses. Ontario I think it's funny you mention greenstone as those were that last ones I got (peach oval 0.5mgs) because they seemed to take longer to work and just made me tired. I have not tried the sandoz genetics yet however.

The ones I liked were yellow 0.5mg tabs but I threw the bottle away and cannot remember the name of the company that made that generic. I just took a couple mylan 1mg and feel a lot better than with the greenstones, but these still make me tired where the yellow ones I had a while ago chilled me put but I was still functionable.

Narcoleptic Insomniac, I used to be on klonopin but that had such a long halflife that it built up so much and I didn't want to do anything after awhile of taking it, this is why I recently switched to Xanax. I have thought about Xanax XR but didn't want it to be like the klonopin and build up. Also I like having the IR's to take if I start to get panicky. But if you have taken the XR and would like to tell me how you like itd, I'm all ears, as this is therapuetical and not recreational for me.
  #5  
Old 23-02-2012, 06:50
UpperAndDowner UpperAndDowner is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-04-2008
27 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 78
UpperAndDowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

EDIT: Sorry SWIM misread SWIY's topic, it was a question regarding xanax and not clonazepam.
SWIM was never a huge fan of Xanax, did absolutely nothing for him; thus cannot help nor comment on that one.

Last edited by UpperAndDowner; 23-02-2012 at 06:58. Reason: SWIM misread SWIY's topic... SORRY~!
  #6  
Old 24-02-2012, 06:53
Ralliart420 Ralliart420 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 15-11-2010
Male from United States
Posts: 28
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperAndDowner View Post
EDIT: Sorry SWIM misread SWIY's topic, it was a question regarding xanax and not clonazepam.
SWIM was never a huge fan of Xanax, did absolutely nothing for him; thus cannot help nor comment on that one.
I pretty much switch between Xanax and Klonopin often. I like Klonopin but after awhile it doesn't give me the same benefits and I would like to try to keep my daily dosage somewhat low instead of raising all the time, even though I'd take btwn 2 to 3mgs per day. In the future I will switch back eventually so if you know the best generic for Klonopin let me know what it is if you don't mind.

I just bring up Xanax bc the first time I tried them they made me calmer and happier pretty quickly without making me really tired. The last script I had would take a lot longer to kick in and made me really tired instead of just relieving my anxiety. I now have mylans, which the pharmacist said it was a popular one (probably because they didn't have enough of the other kind to fill my script) and idk if they work that well and would like too see if anyone has found a good generic. The brand version is crazy expensive ha.
  #7  
Old 24-02-2012, 07:04
EmanEvan EmanEvan is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 28-12-2010
24 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 14
EmanEvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Mylan's get alot of heat. However, SWIM finds that Mylan generic alprazolam hits you faster than alot of the other generics. Greenstone LTD., which is highly favorably by many also is a good generic, however SWIM seems to notice the Mylan's hit faster. This is likely due the powder and less compact pressing. On the other hand Greenstone and Dava tends to hit a little slower (more traditional come up) however, I they do seem to last longer to SWIM.
  #8  
Old 26-02-2012, 05:24
Ralliart420 Ralliart420 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 15-11-2010
Male from United States
Posts: 28
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanEvan View Post
Mylan's get alot of heat. However, SWIM finds that Mylan generic alprazolam hits you faster than alot of the other generics. Greenstone LTD., which is highly favorably by many also is a good generic, however SWIM seems to notice the Mylan's hit faster. This is likely due the powder and less compact pressing. On the other hand Greenstone and Dava tends to hit a little slower (more traditional come up) however, I they do seem to last longer to SWIM.
Thanks for the input, I have been taking them the last few days and they aren't really that bad I don't think. They do start to work pretty fast, for example if you put it under your tounge, its gone in a minute, maybe a little more, but compared to Klonopins (I had Teva's) its gone in seconds. However idk how strong they are yet bc they haven't felt that strong for me, probably bc I've been taking my adderal (also prescribed) since starting these. But tomorrow I will give them a shot with out the addy and see what they're like.

Also EmanEvan, when you say that they do seem to last longer, were you talking about Mylans or the Greenstone and Dava's. Thanks in advance.
  #9  
Old 26-02-2012, 07:48
enquirewithin enquirewithin is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 11-12-2004
Male from Bermuda
Posts: 5,821
Blog Entries: 58
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

SWIm often buys generics (valium/ xanax) from third work countries OTC. They are so cheap. They all work, regardless of brand. He does not use them for anxiety disorder, rather to aid sleep when needed.
  #10  
Old 26-02-2012, 22:25
EmanEvan EmanEvan is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 28-12-2010
24 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 14
EmanEvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Ralliart420, hope this helped. To further clarify, I was referring to the Mylan generics as the fastest and are strong. Greenstone and Dava seem to last longer for alot of people, including SWIM. Both Greenstone and Dava have a bit of gloss coating which leads to delay, however a seemingly last longer. However, SWIM prefers Mylan still as he notices they last just as long.
  #11  
Old 28-02-2012, 19:44
Emin Emin is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 26-03-2011
21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Posts: 433
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

I've read that greenstone is a part of Pfizer (makers of Xanax) that makes generics and they are indistinguishable from brand name.
  #12  
Old 28-02-2012, 23:32
EmanEvan EmanEvan is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 28-12-2010
24 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 14
EmanEvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emin View Post
I've read that greenstone is a part of Pfizer (makers of Xanax) that makes generics and they are indistinguishable from brand name.
This is true. Greenstone's are the most similar to the brand name as the generic is a subsidiary of Pfizer (brand new Xanax).
  #13  
Old 29-02-2012, 07:54
Ralliart420 Ralliart420 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 15-11-2010
Male from United States
Posts: 28
Ralliart420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emin View Post
I've read that greenstone is a part of Pfizer (makers of Xanax) that makes generics and they are indistinguishable from brand name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanEvan View Post
This is true. Greenstone's are the most similar to he brand name as the generic is a subsidiary of Pfizer (brand new Xanax).
That's funny bc the last generic I got was green stone and they did take longer to kick in but they really just kind of made me tired and want to sleep. Is that how xanax is? Bc I have gad and just want something that is relaxing and something I'm still able to function on. Maybe I need to try a different benzo?
  #14  
Old 23-07-2013, 04:40
busyb123 busyb123 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 05-06-2013
22 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 4
busyb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: What is a good generic brand of Xanax?

Someone have tried all the different brands of generic alprazolam; from Dava to Greenstone. By far, the highest quality xanax he has gotten from the pharm. in order of highest quality to lowest: is made by greenstone, then vintage qualitest, sandoz, actavis (purepac), all essentially the same quality, Greenstone being a subsidiary of Pfizer are by far the best. The low quality xanax hes had are Dava pharma, sun pharma, caracoa pharma, and mylan. He threw away my bottle of mylan generics because they were not working at all. The green (Dava) 2mgs are awful it took one whole 2mg to equal 1mg of the higher quality generics. Mylan, Sun, and Caracoa are by far THE WORST generics around, they may as well not even produce them. His advice, before you get your rx filled ask the pharmacist what brand they are using and if they have any one of the low quality brands he mentioned take your rx elsewhere. Its not worth going a month with pills that don't work. Dont be afraid to ask the pharmacist any questions they will tell you they are all the same, but ill tell you from experience they are not. Even his dr. said some work differently, some have more of a "kick" to them and some are weaker than others, even if they are all the same mg. Hope this helps.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam high, bupropion, clonazepam, diazepam, generic alprazolam brands comparisons, generic benzodiazepines, sertraline (zoloft)

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overdose - The Alprazolam Overdose Thread Cleverdemise Benzodiazepines 107 06-02-2011 07:32

» New Threads
where are the email vendors or...
Last post by Phenoxide
2 Replies, 3 Views
After 6 month adderall binge,...
Last post by blazin1096
0 Replies, 1 Views
Kicking the habit.. Making it...
Last post by Pogue
8 Replies, 390 Views
AKB-48f & STS-135 blend
Last post by Flybyhigh
4 Replies, 2,067 Views
Does Kadien fall into this forum i...
Last post by thefatman67
2 Replies, 199 Views
now remember why i prefered...
Last post by Cwb20022
6 Replies, 220 Views
Heard something quite bad at the...
Last post by Potter
10 Replies, 598 Views
First Time Klonopin Dosing
Last post by EtrophineM99
4 Replies, 173 Views
Dead Libido,orgasm - which drug...
Last post by bigzamzam
23 Replies, 1,131 Views
Dilaudid first attempts at snorting
Last post by thefatman67
0 Replies, 11 Views
» New Wiki Articles
GHB
NET

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:34.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved