Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 21-02-2012, 17:35
CanadianToker420 CanadianToker420 is nu online
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
CanadianToker420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Benzo euphoria ?

Well swim has always heard people saying they get euphoric on benzo's.. like xanax and valium. But swim doesn't get any euphoria what so ever he just gets relaxed and anxiety free. Swim see's no euphoric proprety's with benzo's. I find them to be boring and I tend to get depressed on them.Any other people like swim?
Old 21-02-2012, 18:02
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: Benzo euphoria ?

It wont be so much euphoria like heroin but when SWIM take like 75 or above mg of Tamazepam SWIM get a nice little wave of euphoria a few minutes latter followed by the regular affects.

SWIM didnt notice any euphoria of Ativan, SWIM actually hates Ativan...sorry I mean lorazepam. Diazepam at higher does did it a bit and alprazolam at higher does of around 10mg.

SWIM would not reccomend any does that SWIM post about for anyone else as SWIM is not aware of the OP tolerance or other contributeing factors.

Its allways good to start slow dont forget.

For SWIM not personally Tamazepam is his fav followed closely by alprazolam, but tamazepam took his heart at a very young age.
Old 21-02-2012, 18:16
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Euphoria, per se, isn't really common, though my roommate finds lorazepam gives her a little mood boost. Almost like caffeine, but in addition to the chill feeling. Different people describe psychoactive effects differently; imho being totally relaxed would be nearly indistinguishable from euphoria, for most intents and purposes.
Old 21-02-2012, 18:34
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I also find temazepam can feel quite euphoric for the first half hour but this feeling isn't repeated by redosing or even taking it again within the next few days. Nitrazepam is similar in that respect but not quite as euphoric. I find the most euphoric to be snorting midazolam (one of the only benzos that can be snorted) Quite rare to find though. Is probably the most recreational of all benzos in my opinion.
Old 21-02-2012, 19:00
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelaholic View Post
I also find temazepam can feel quite euphoric for the first half hour but this feeling isn't repeated by redosing or even taking it again within the next few days. Nitrazepam is similar in that respect but not quite as euphoric. I find the most euphoric to be snorting midazolam (one of the only benzos that can be snorted) Quite rare to find though. Is probably the most recreational of all benzos in my opinion.
Never tried it.

SWIM finds takeing a BIG dose of Tamazepam every once in a while really gets SWIM going. A little wave of euphoria before the regular sedateing effects begin to take place.

SWIM finds Tamazepam to be the best for getting whacked out on. Alprazolam just...doesnt do it for SWIM.
Old 21-02-2012, 19:01
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I do not understand benzo euphoria, but it is definitely something I experience when taking a recreational dose of a benzo when I have no tolerance. That euphoric effect seems to dissapear within a couple days of using, and chasing it at that point is almost suicidal. The only way I know of to experience it again is to completely stop using until your body goes back to normal.

Xanax and Valium (alprazolam and diazepam) seem to make me more "euphoric" than other benzos I've tried like clonazepam or lorazepam. That could definitely be placebo effect though.
Old 25-02-2012, 11:44
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

SWIM finds the one benzo that has REAL intense actual euphoria is Halcion. Other benzo's not so much. Xanax is in 2nd. Klonopin was just terrible
Old 25-02-2012, 17:19
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by no eff eks View Post
I do not understand benzo euphoria, but it is definitely something I experience when taking a recreational dose of a benzo when I have no tolerance. That euphoric effect seems to dissapear within a couple days of using, and chasing it at that point is almost suicidal. The only way I know of to experience it again is to completely stop using until your body goes back to normal.

Xanax and Valium (alprazolam and diazepam) seem to make me more "euphoric" than other benzos I've tried like clonazepam or lorazepam. That could definitely be placebo effect though.
Have you tried Tamazepam, SWIMs personal fav.

If SWIM does it only one Fridays he seems to get the same effect from SWIM dose everytime, and SWIM will usually throw in half a milligram of Ativan as well.
Old 25-02-2012, 17:53
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

With some, the euphoria comes from being relaxed and totally anxiety free. I never feel relaxed unless on benzos, so this gives me a natural euphoria from the substance's benefits.
Old 25-02-2012, 19:14
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
hillbilly345 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3

Euphoria is a sense of well being. For some one experiencing anxiety or panic, benzos will provide that relief or wellbeing, euphoria.

Benzos are not meant for recreation. Benzos are meant for short term use or situational use, not prolonged use and abuse.
Old 26-02-2012, 10:56
Silver Member

no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
Have you tried Tamazepam, SWIMs personal fav.

If SWIM does it only one Fridays he seems to get the same effect from SWIM dose everytime, and SWIM will usually throw in half a milligram of Ativan as well.
Never got around to trying temazepam. It's not a very commonly prescribed benzo in the usa as far as I can tell. I was pretty satisfied with any benzo at all, but stuck mostly to xanax and klonopin.

I no longer take benzos in any amount because I have made way too many horrible decisions while under their influence. My use was always on the high end of recreational, and my behaviors put the safety of myself and others at serious risk many times.

My control issues are my own, I know many people that enjoy occasional recreational use of benzos... like once every few years. I can't do that.
Old 26-02-2012, 18:31
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emin View Post
With some, the euphoria comes from being relaxed and totally anxiety free. I never feel relaxed unless on benzos, so this gives me a natural euphoria from the substance's benefits.
Yes for panic disorder victims like SWIM the benzos can feel like a euphoric slice of heaven. But if your in a normal state of mind (No anxiety/panic attack) Taking a benzo just to try and get high is just flat out moronic! benzo's are not drugs to be messed with just because one wants to get high!!! the withdrawl can kill you! Now if SWIM is suffering from a panic attack a Xanax can be the most euphoric drug on earth just because its making the panic go away and putting SWIM in a normal state of mind. SWIM doesn't understand why people will simple abuse Xanax for NO REASON WHEN THEY ARE NOT AT ALL PANICKING OR dealing with anxiety!! Personally if SWIM Does that and the benzo has no anxiety or panic to kill its useless! And Benzos will eventually make you blackout if you keep popping em. not to mention withdrawl that can be Fatal! I Think the Fatal withdrawl part should be reason enough for anyone not suffering from panic/anxiety disorders not to take benzos. SWIM is now better and doesnt get panic attacks as much and rarely takes Xanax. Halcion is for insomnia but SWIM still trys to take that less because its a benzo.
Old 28-02-2012, 00:53
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

SWIM suffers from SAD (social anxiety disorder) and GAD. He does not belive in regular medication so instead speaks to a CBT.

Once a week SWIM will take his medication though (he stock piles this way) and feel completly relaxed and strees free and just slip away watching tv, a slice of heaven indeed.
Old 29-02-2012, 17:10
CanadianToker420 CanadianToker420 is nu online
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
CanadianToker420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Maybe its because I have'nt tried other benzo's. only tried ativan klonopin and oxazepam. Is midazolam prescribed in canada ? could ask my doctor to switch to that instead of clonazepam. Never heard of a benzo that could be snorted haha
Old 13-03-2012, 00:08
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Ireland
tdv123 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Swims never got any feelings of euphoria from any of the benzos he tried (Ativan, Xanax, Valium, Klonopin & Dlamane).

The closet thing to a benzo that swim has got euphoria from is Ambien, which has a really nice euphoric effect.
Old 13-03-2012, 04:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
xJSL is captain of the psychonauts.xJSL is captain of the psychonauts.xJSL is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 515, Level: 3 Points: 515, Level: 3 Points: 515, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Benzodiazepines really aren't a safe recreational drug, I mean withdrawal is intense, just saying.

Anyways, I never got any euphoria from temazepam, but I did from diazepam and alprazolam. Temazepam just gave me the usual benzo effects and a little extra amnesia without any mood changes. Diazepam and alprazolam did have slight euphoric qualities, similar to the mood lift you get after a few beers.
Old 17-03-2012, 11:14
Silver Member

^^ I disagree. Benzos used recreationally are quite safe if use is very infrequent. (talking like pop 1mg xanax every few years and it gets you absolutely giddy)

It is daily use that causes problems. Sadly, I am not capable of using them anymore because of my addictive nature (recreational becomes daily use within, um, minutes) but not everyone is like me. Part of me is jealous, but I've had plenty of "fun" with benzos at this point.
Old 17-03-2012, 13:18
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.
Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

The benzo that gives the most euphoric feeling of all of them for me and I've tried pretty much all of them is Halcion. Man that stuff is so good they banned it over here. Xanax comes a close second but you find yourself fiending for more because of the short half life. Lorazepam has more of a half life as does valium though if I have taken a large dose of valium with no dependence and little tolerance I have noticed a slight buzz and warmth off it. This soon goes away after repeated doses.

As someone else said Benzos really aren't drugs to be messed with.
Old 29-06-2012, 18:42
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Greece
mkultra5979 is captain of the psychonauts.mkultra5979 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

That's an old thread but I really want to share my side of view.
I've been using prescribed benzodiazepines (alprazolam. diazepam, bromazepam, flunitrazepam, lorazepam, clorazepate, and z-drug zolpidem) for GAD, major depression, panic attacks & severe insomnia, for about 2 years. The euphoria (with the precise meaning of the word) of benzos does not really exist, let's be honest!!!
It's simple. For us who suffer from anxiety that interferes with "normal" life (job, relationships) a single dose of benzo eliminates the tense and provides a "well-being" feeling (until the come down..). That's not euphoria. It's just a "well-being" state.
Now, if anyone without tolerance consumes a single dose > 1 mg alprazolam or 20 mg diazepam, he will feel calm, well-being and relaxed. This is not euphoria comparing with opiates or cocaine.
Believe me benzos are a trap, withdrawl from these ****** medicines is a hell, worst than opiates.
Stay safe.
Thank you.
Old 30-06-2012, 01:49
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%

The only euphoric thing about benzos for me is that it takes away my anxiety completely, which is pretty much a luxury for me, as I'm never calmed.
Old 30-06-2012, 02:50

Male from United States
Vico-man should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I've only tried Klonopin at small dosages (2.5mg-5mg) and there wasn't any ephoria, just the abbility to kinda blend in with everyone better, I did'nt really care about what anyone thought (even more than i currently do) and that was the only thing I like about benzos
Old 30-06-2012, 04:30
Titanium Member

Female from United States
hypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way up
Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I find etizolam very euphoric compared to the benzos I have used in the past, but it does not seem to kick in till about 4-5 hours after dosing. In the past I have taken diazepam, lorazepam, temazepam, clonazepam, and mostly alprazolam over the years. Never taken any for an extended amounts of time. Maybe twice a week at the most.

Have almost always mixed benzos with moderate amounts of alcohol, that might increase the euphoria. I am in no way advocating this. I am an experienced drinker, so I am comfortable with this combo. This is a very bad combo for an inexperienced drinker and/or benzo user, so be aware and careful!
Old 07-07-2012, 16:58
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,010, Level: 10 Points: 5,010, Level: 10 Points: 5,010, Level: 10
Activity: 18.0% Activity: 18.0% Activity: 18.0%

Xanax is the only one that really causes a (short term) euphoria for me. Klonopin's relief takes longer to kick in and isn't nearly as euphoric but is longer acting and probably better for dealing with "long-acting" anxiety, IMO. Valium is somewhere between Klonopin and Xanax.

Restoril (tenezepam) just makes me sleepy; and as a result I only would use it if I were suffering insomnia. Ambien (not really a benzo, but whatever) made me dried out and tired, sorta like if I had mixed some Restoril with a mild antihistamine like Vistaril (sp). Mixing it with anything else caused memory loss and coordination issues. Did not like Ambien at all.

Clorazapate [sp?] (the second oldest benzo around; not the generic name for Klonopin) feels really good for a long, long time; but is rarely seen due to its 72-hour half life (you can imagine how addictive it can become for some). Librium (the oldest benzo in existence) is the total opposite; it's rather weak compared to other benzos; some clinics use it to help drug abusers wield off symptoms of anxiety while detoxing off of hard stuff. Not really that great unless you have a lot of it, I guess. Ativan wasn't too bad, although it was more sedating than relaxing (in this case, relaxing means me being able to feel calm without feeling like I have to take a nap due to side effects).

Sometimes they can help for anxiety, but I wouldn't make it a daily habit unless a doc is writing you scripts.

Sorry for the misspellings; my spellchecker is f'd up for some reason. Also sorry if I rambled a bit.

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 07-07-2012 at 16:59. Reason: Double posted by accident :/
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30
Silver Member

Male from USA - Wyoming
opemonkey is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 222, Level: 2 Points: 222, Level: 2 Points: 222, Level: 2

I think much of the euphoria from benzo's comes from the fact that you often go from a place of anxiety/pain to a calm relaxed state. Being anxiety free is probably euphoric in it of itself, when you have anxiety issues. My 0.02 $.
Old 14-07-2012, 02:11
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

That's also what I think. Euphoria is a subjective term, especially when talking about Benzos. For some people, Benzos are euphoric, for other they are just slighty relaxing but not euphoric. It wouldn't amaze me if the majority of people who find Benzos euphoric also have some form of social or generalised anxiety, thus feeling euphoric on benzos because it takes away this anxiety.

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, benzo effects, benzodiazepine, benzodiazepine effects, benzodiazepine euphoria, euphoria, euphoric, event, research chemicals