Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Codeine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-02-2012, 20:14
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
CanadianToker420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Available forms of otc codeine in Canada ?

What are the available OTC formulations for codeine in canada? Also is it possible to get OTC straight codeine tablets ?
Old 19-02-2012, 23:00
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Calliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline Medline
Points: 3,889, Level: 9 Points: 3,889, Level: 9 Points: 3,889, Level: 9
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%
Re: Available forms of otc codeine in Canada ?

OTC codeine available in Canada is legally required to have 2 other active ingredients -- AC&C, with caffeine and either acetaminophen or aspirin are the tablets I have seen. People often refer to the acetaminophen version of these as Tylenol 1, or T1s. These have 8mg codeine, 325 mg acetaminophen, 15 mg caffeine. There are also liquid formulations for cough supression, with which i am less familiar. You can only get straight codeine with a prescription in Canada. In some provinces (Saskatchewan at least) the pharmacists' professional association rules only allow dispensing of a limited number of T1 tablets per month (50 of the AC&C type).
Old 23-02-2012, 02:26
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Canada
can-I-bust is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

other than the obvious t1s which unfortunately have caffeine. robaxacet 8, has 8mg codeine, acetaminophen, methocarbamol. there is also some sort of cough syrup with codeine, acetaminophen, and guaiffenesin. both of these two are only available in brand name and very expensive.
Old 29-02-2012, 17:45
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
CanadianToker420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Do you think robaxacet would be available in new brunswick ? And I know acetaminophen is removable trought cold water extraction but would it also remove the methocarbamol? Just trying to find some options when i run out of my hydromorphone and oxy's dont like the withdrawals hahaha. usually i get the ones with 8mg codeine, 325 mg acetaminophen, 15 mg caffeine and do the CWE but I cant stand the damn caffeine thats in them!It always makes me jittery as hell and my blood pressur goes up alot as my body doesnt like stimulants all that much:P!
Old 29-02-2012, 21:24
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Calliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline Medline
Points: 3,889, Level: 9 Points: 3,889, Level: 9 Points: 3,889, Level: 9
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

You can find much information about CWE at: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52325

I've seen it suggested that the water solubility of methocarbamol makes it a good candidate for CWE, but without tracking down more reliable information than I have, I would be very very wary of trying that. (Also keep in mind that the regular robaxacet has no codeine at all. It is only the Robaxacet 8 that does.)

And regarding removing the caffeine: filtering with activated charcoal. Look at this thread : http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54089

Since it is the caffeine you want to avoid, my advice would be to stick with the T1s and do the CWE and charcoal filtration.

Some of the symptoms of opiate wd can be helped by taking loperamide (Imodium) since it is an opioid (though it does not cross the blood brain barrier). At the very least it helps with diarrhea.
Old 02-03-2012, 14:05

Male from Turkey
doruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

my pet pacman would like to know whether activated carbon bought from petshops is safe for human consumption. Have any swiys suffered adverse effects from experımentıng with AC from petshops?

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine, canada, codeine, codeine availability, cough syrup, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, methocarbamol, otc codeine, robax, robaxacet, tylenol