Register Tags

Notices

Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 18-02-2012, 19:55

Female from Earth
Lorelie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
By how much does MDMA increases heart rate and/or blood pressure?

Hi everyone.
My Flamingo is very curious by how much does MDMA increases the ones heart rate and blood pressure....Of course she doubts anyone ever measures their pulse or blood pressure while being high but still. Maybe some courious Flamingos did?

For example my Flamingos heart rate is around 80...and her blood pressure is 120/60 - that will the figures be on MDMA? Roughly.

My flamingo doesnt wanna do the tests on herself couse she is worried it can freak her out and shell get a panic attack.

My Flamingo will be very greatefull for any info on this topic
Old 19-02-2012, 19:30
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: By how much does MDMA increases heart rate and/or blood pressure?

I do not know if there is a definite answer possible to this. Issues ranging from dosage, setting, purity (as well as actual substance(s) taken, etc) will all play a role.

I would think the documents in the archives, or in research journals might provide some basic numbers- but how relevant they would be to recreational use is highly queustionable. There are few human studies, and the ones that exist are likely either the MAPS studies, which use a very pure MDMA, but also in a controlled setting with people with anxiety or ptsd. Likewise other results will be from people who ended up in hospitals, where it is likely unknown exactly what, or how much was taken, and have obviously been through a traumatic experience.

I did find this reference in a paper in our archives: Cardiovascular Effects of 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial

Quote:
At a dose of 1.5 mg/kg, MDMA increased mean heart rate (by 28 beats/min), systolic blood pressure (by 25 mm Hg), diastolic blood pressure (by 7 mm Hg), and cardiac output (by 2 L/min)

Post Quality Evaluations:
ThankGreate! You are the first person who gave me at leat some figures! Thank you so much! :)
An interesting PDF with some useful information. Thanks.
Old 20-02-2012, 00:02
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kradiant is a decent psychonaut.Kradiant is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 184, Level: 2 Points: 184, Level: 2 Points: 184, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: By how much does MDMA increases heart rate and/or blood pressure?

As mentioned above, there isn't really a definite answer as too how much it will affect these things. As well as dosage, setting and purity there's also the fact that each person will react differently to the substance so there's no real way of knowing just what the outcome will be for an individual.

In relation to other stimulants however, I had heard that MDMA is less strenuous on blood pressure and heart rate than cocaine and some other amphetamines, although I wouldn't take that information for granted.

Share this on:

Tags
blood pressure, heart rate, mdma, mdma and blood pressure, mdma and heartrate, mdma health risks