Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Methadone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-02-2012, 23:43

30 y/o Male from Bermuda
sammydabull100 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
how long methadone blocks other opiates?

hello,

how long will i have to wait before feeling other opiates on 30mgper day(i was on 60mg per day and wait 4 days and cant feel anythings so i lowered my dose at 30mg before doing another try)
Old 18-02-2012, 00:27
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Re: how long methadone blocks other opiates?

Methadone doesnt actually block other opiates it just puts your tolerance up because it is such a strong opiate.My cat is on a reduction and doesnt bother with taking on top cos he gets nothing from it.He is on 12mg now but the last time he used he was on 18mg and it still took a lot more to get him an effect than it did before going on to the methadone.
Old 19-02-2012, 00:20

30 y/o Male from Bermuda

at 70mg of methadone your receptor are saturated and then methadone block others opiates.How long do you wait before taking other opiates at 18 mg?
Old 19-02-2012, 21:35
Silver Member

49 y/o Female from United Kingdom
sukey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

Until recently I was taking 80ml methadone daily and trust me it didn't 'block' any opiates consumed whilst taking that amount. If anything it enhances it.
Old 20-02-2012, 02:22

30 y/o Male from Bermuda

are you serious?it definitely not enhance thats for sure.From the research i did on this subject it looks like 40mg daily you have to wait a week before starting to feel anythings.Im not in the mood to go cold turkey so i guess i will have to just gradually lower my dose to 0 mg.I miss so much the other opiates.
Old 20-02-2012, 19:49
Silver Member

49 y/o Female from United Kingdom
sukey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

I do not know where you are getting your information from but my comment is based on 20 yrs first hand experience. I believe subutex and maybe tramadol may block other opiates but methadone does not. If in the past there was only enough cash for a small score then taking methadone on top would ensure a nod.I really dont understand where you have got this information from.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:09
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.Hardstepa is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

i know people on real high doses who still use every day on top of it.when my cat used on top he would feel an effect from it but it would take a lot more to get there.its best to go for the full reduction imo cos when my cat jumped off at 25mg his habit was double when he went back.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:17
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from Canada
FastFifty is a decent psychonaut.FastFifty is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1

Methadone binds more tightly to your opiate receptors than heroin. That is how the "blocking effect" is achieved. Because all of your opiate receptors are "filled up" with methadone, the heroin can't stimulate your opiate receptors.
I was told by another member on here, that the methadone in your system decreases in half each day. So lets say you took 80 mg on monday. On tuesday, you would have 40 mg in your system. On wednesday, you'd have 20. On thursday, you'd have 10, and so forth.
However, I was under the impression that a dose needs to be at 80 mgs or higher to be considered a "blocking dose". I'm sure there would be some blocking effects even at a lower dose, but not as much as 80mgs and up.
Please be aware that it is dangerous to use heroin while on Methadone. You might not feel the heroin because of the blocking effect of the methadone, and thus use a larger amount again, putting yourself at risk of overdosing.
If you wait until you are actually in withdrawals from the methadone (which could easily take up to 4 days), then you would have a much better chance of feeling the H, and IMO would be safer as well.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Some very good safety advice here.
Old 22-02-2012, 08:05

30 y/o Male from Bermuda

how many the normal dose i should take on 25mg of methadone for feeling it?
Old 23-02-2012, 19:07

36 y/o Male from Afghanistan
georgie25 should review received reputation comments.

How should anyone but yourself know what a "normal dose" is for you?
Old 24-02-2012, 05:55

30 y/o Male from Bermuda

a normal dose is the dose you take usually for example for me its like 120mg of oxycodone orally
Old 27-03-2012, 20:12

56 y/o Male from United States
BWG707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFifty View Post
Methadone binds more tightly to your opiate receptors than heroin. That is how the "blocking effect" is achieved. Because all of your opiate receptors are "filled up" with methadone, the heroin can't stimulate your opiate receptors.
I was told by another member on here, that the methadone in your system decreases in half each day. So lets say you took 80 mg on monday. On tuesday, you would have 40 mg in your system. On wednesday, you'd have 20. On thursday, you'd have 10, and so forth.
However, I was under the impression that a dose needs to be at 80 mgs or higher to be considered a "blocking dose". I'm sure there would be some blocking effects even at a lower dose, but not as much as 80mgs and up.
Please be aware that it is dangerous to use heroin while on Methadone. You might not feel the heroin because of the blocking effect of the methadone, and thus use a larger amount again, putting yourself at risk of overdosing.
If you wait until you are actually in withdrawals from the methadone (which could easily take up to 4 days), then you would have a much better chance of feeling the H, and IMO would be safer as well.
That is not true about needing 80mg of Methadone to block receptors. I'm tapering off off 40mg a day over 4 yrs. and I guarantee you that my receptors are covered. The Wds are terrible even when doing a taper. I went from 40mgs a day to 10 mg in 2 weeks without any symtoms, then hit a wall. So far it's taking me over 6 weeks to get from 10mg to less than 2mgs and my goal is to get to .5mg before I jump. So i figure roughly 3 to 4 more weeks. When you get to very low doses its gets harder and harder, and I don't crave them or have ever gotten a high from them; strictly used for pain management. I'm throwing a party and going to Vegas when I finnally get off of this evil med.
Old 27-03-2012, 20:27
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Evil? Why do you consider methadone to be evil?

And yes, methadone will block the effects of other opiates, as it saturates the opiate receptors leaving no room for other opiates. Though, everyone's different, some have more receptors, some have less, so what may be a blocking dose for me might not be the same for you.
Not many people in the UK seem to know about the "blocking" effects of methadone, which rather surprises me.
Old 27-03-2012, 20:43

56 y/o Male from United States
BWG707 is an unknown quantity at this point

I consider Methadone so evil because to way it saturates your body. not only does it accumulate in your liver it actually gets into your bones. It will rot your teeth fast also. Not to mention it changes your attitude and hurts your sex life alot. There are other bad things it does to your body but the pure evil of it is the withdrawal. Because of it's extreme half life it stacks up in your system and can stay in your body for years. It's by far the hardest med. that there is to get off of. Detox takes months and months and even after you stop doing it you can feel it's effects for a year or more before you feel completely normal again. Times differ from individual to individual. I'll admitt it does wonders for chronic pain but I don't think it's worth it unless your at a point in your life where you could concieveable be on it for the rest of your life. If you start using it be prepared for a very very long haul.

Not only is this post off topic, but it contains misinformation regarding getting "into your bones."
Old 27-03-2012, 22:39
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Accumulates in your liver? Never heard that before, but i'm pretty sure you're wrong there, as liver is for filtering toxins out of your body, so dunno how it would end up staying in your liver. And as for methadone getting into your bones, that's another old myth, it doesn't.
Nor does methadone rot teeth, not directly anyway. Methadone, like other opiates/opioids, can cause dry mouth and saliva is essential for a healthy mouth, to keep the ph balance right and to stop the teeth rotting. So it's easily preventable, just need to drink plenty of water and brush twice a day.
Methadone stays in your system for years? I'm really not sure about that, but it sounds highly unlikely.
Oh, and how does methadone change your attitude? It's certainly not changed mine.
And after being on an opiate/opiod for a long time, or any other drug really, it's usually gonna take quite a while before you start to feel "normal" again.
Also, i'm already on it, have been for two or so years, and next week i'll be off it for good! But in the past year it's helped me quite a bit, to bring a bit of stability to my life again so i was able to focus on other areas of my life.
It's helped me, and it's helped many others, so please don't go about spreading these myths and knocking methadone.

Fair points, but off topic.
Old 27-03-2012, 23:25
Silver Member

50 y/o Male from United States
JackARoe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_nome View Post
And as for methadone getting into your bones, that's another old myth, it doesn't. Nor does methadone rot teeth, not directly anyway.
I know some people that have been on methadone since 1974 and have healthy teeth and bones, as well as a normal life. So I know rumors run rampant, but I agree that these are myths that get thrown around even before the internet. A lot of stories get thrown around. In fact one friend swore that methadone rotted bones about 20 years ago. He is still on and changed his mind after adapting a healthier life which is the key. Vitamins, exercise and visiting a dentist helps for sure.

I consider methadone an excellent opoid just like William S Burroughs did. Strong and satisfying to an addict. And I too remember a friend saying it took over 120 mgs a day to actually saturate receptors to the point that a bag of H or 100 mgs of oxycodone could not be felt. When one friend was on 70 mgs he could still feel a bag of H if injected.

I myself have been off methadone for 20 years after being on and off for years so I have an opinion based off of my experience too. It is for hardcore addicts that have tried for years to stop, not people that had a 3 month pill habit. It is a hard thing to quit but can be done.

I also know someone who was on it for 22 years at 120 mgs and came off. He didn't sleep more than an hour a night for 8 months and it took 1 and 1/2 years to feel normal. But he feels great and eventually his body stabilized so although it can take time, you can heal and balance out.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:53
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Australia
Black Transit Blues is a decent psychonaut.Black Transit Blues is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

I'm with Sukey when I was on methadone I felt it potentated the Heroin rather than having any blocking effect, although it did seem to dull the rush a bit.

I was never on a very big dose but I new people on doses like 130 mg who still used dope, they must have been feeling something to bother spending the coin.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
RobertT is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

My very personal experience is that it potientiated it from 20-40 or so. 60 I could feel the rush get a little dull but I would nodd big time, I mean huge noddage. Then at 80 the nod got less and now that I'm at 120, it's almost like I'm not doing any. I get the whiney voice and half shut eyes but no euphoria. It's like everybody can tell I'm high but me. I don't feel it but I look like it and it seems like it, I just don't feel it unless I do a truckload and I don't like to risk it. Even if I skip my dose for the day. I have to skip 2 doses to get off so I don't even bother any more. Now I just take less of my dose and take a mega dose on weekends. It saves money, I got clean piss, no big deal. I just shave off a little every day and do the double up dum dum Saturday afternoon where I just walk around like huh? what you say? huh? oh. Yeah. wait... huh? People hate it cause I act like a dumb ass. I get a lil kick out f it though. Then they can tell I think it's funny and they get super pissed and it gets funnier and there we are doing the dumb ass dance a couple times a month.
Old 14-04-2012, 06:27
Silver Member

Male from Canada
powerrobbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Methadone does NOT rot your bones or teeth, please do some research before you post false information. As stated above, Methadone, like other opiates, causes a craving for sweets in lots of people so it is their bad diet effecting their teeth. The bone myth is just a rumor that goes around for some odd reason and has been scientifically disproved many times. Anyway, the OP claims he can't feel opiates being only on 30MG of methadone? Swim finds that to be very odd. Swim has heard all about the blocking effect of methadone and he just got on the program and is still finding a dose that works for him. He started at 20MG and has had two appointments since then and been bumped up 10MG each time. He has gone up to 40 and will most likely need to be bumped up a few more times. Anyway, Swim has found even at the 40mg dose that when he takes other opiates (he uses oxycodone) the methadone defiently REALLY enhances things. He has been getting wayy more high on the oxy's than normal...like very high with lots of euphoria and actually nods out and swim almost NEVER used to be able hit the nod anymore even at very high doses of oxy. and just assumed that maybe at a much higher dose the methadone will start it's "blocking" effect. Maybe it could also be because Swim has only been on it for 2 weeks and it has not built up in his body? Swim won't mind if the blocking effect does happen though because the only reason swim is using the oxy's with it is because since he still has not found a stable dose he starts to feel withdrawals before the next dose so he supplements with the oxy's so soon he will be stable and not be using his hard earned cash on oxy's even if there is no blocking effect...but for now swim will enjoy his nodding time

Last edited by powerrobbie; 14-04-2012 at 06:32. Reason: spelling
Old 31-05-2014, 15:17

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
WannaBeFreeUk is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Your right, never heard of this in the uk, been a h user for about 17 and on methadone now for just over 4, starting dose of 115mg per day, now reduced to 30ml, used heroin aswell most that time, as does almost every methadone user I'v met.
I have noticed people on meth tend to have a higher tolerance, but a 2 bag hit & some drink can get me there. It maybe a partial blocker, but in my life as a user throughout the uk and in a few English jails I'v never met 1 person who has said it's a blocker, the last prison I was in prescribes methadone at 30ml(usually) and these ppl still take tiny prison bags and feel it, maybe less than those not taking meth.

I bow to the superior medical knowledge of you guys though, and accept that everybody's different. In the uk we get it in liquid form, green, I thought that was the only type available but it's a big world.

WannaBeFreeUk added 9 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Oop dunno how to edit.

I can add from a lot of personal experience that methadone increases that chance of OD on H(especially with Alchohol) massively and is 1 of the downsides of it.
I stopped my 4yr meth script on mon to start subutex but our drug services have v limited time, so it was just here's a script for supervised dose at 8mg, BOOM worst click ever, rein ducting today with the help & advice from this forum.

But gotta say I hate meth and wish I never used it, as do most addicts, you usually end up with 2 habits to feed and a massive tolerance that's expensive to feed. Oh and the most horrible sweats from just a small brisk walk(not all ppl, but all 10 or so I know do), and it's been harder to quit than H Due to extended withdrawals.

Last edited by WannaBeFreeUk; 31-05-2014 at 15:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2014, 11:15

32 y/o Male from United States
ufa2162 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

For example. If im on 80mg of methadone per day, and have been on it for a year or so........if I crush 3 30mg roxis and snort ALL OFIT,i might feel a slight boost of energy for a couple of minutes, and then the feeling is gone. It is a waste of money to do any opiate/opioid while on methadone. Like somebody else said, it saturates the opiate receptor

Share this on:

Tags
drugs-forum, methadone, methadone blocking dose, opiate, opiates, tolerance