Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-02-2012, 07:12

29 y/o Male from United States
FutureProblem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How can I control the snot mucus build up ?

SWIM has been smoking for a month or so, each time SWIM smokes after a while (4-6 hours) SWIM gets 2 thick and dry snot mucus build up's one on each of SWIM's throat....most of the time when SWIM clears their throat because of how many times they have to cough to get the mucus up, SWIM hurts their throat or even worse pop a eardrum ! Is there a way to prevent these build up's from occuring !

SWIM hopes to get some good feed back that will end these constant mucus build up's
Old 18-02-2012, 06:02
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.cloud_nine is a decent psychonaut.
Re: How can I control the snot mucus build up ?

To be honest,i have no idea how to deal with this and how to prevent it.wish i could help because i get this all the time as well and i know how annoying it is.what i do use to help though is..
It doesn't cure it but it does help soothe it temporarily.
Old 19-02-2012, 11:44

26 y/o Female from United States
goofygoober is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

SWIM uses Mucinex DM Expectorant/Cough Suppressant. The main thing one may be needing is the Guaifenesin - which is an expectorant. Guaifenesin helps break up phlegm and make it so the body can get rid of it easier (A.K.A. its easier to hock lougies). There's no proof for sure that SWIM is aware of but for SWIM, taking it as prescribed seems to make a HUGE difference in the amount, thickness and overall nastiness of that gross dry meth throat. Dosage is usually 1 caplet every 6 hours w/ a full glass of water -- read your meds specific directions -- but taking it with a full glass of water is very important because it re-hydrates the phlegm, making it easier to break up.
Old 24-02-2012, 20:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Female from United States
monkeyonmyback is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

I have the same problem and I find that drinking water helps loosen the phelym in my throat. I feel as if I am going to choke to death. By the time I clear my throat its right back.But after drinking maybe 16 oz of water it kinda clears up.
Old 26-02-2012, 08:53
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Interesting. I don't ever get this, and I smoke quite often. Did you know meth is actually a form of a decongestant? Whenever I smoke up, or do rails, it actually clears me right up... But I guess everyones meth and body is different. I think I kinda know what you mean... Anyway I think I have a solution for you.

During a meth trip/binge/whatever u wanna call it, I like to keep with me a cup of salty water. I gargle the salt water periodically, maybe once every 12 hours or so throughout my trip. I actually picked this tip up from someone off the site off some thread (forget who, and where).

The main point of this trick, is apparently it kills bacteria in your mouth. Brushing too often is a hassle, and if over-done can actually have erosive effects on your gums. Gargling saltwater may not remove debris, but it kills bacteria. This is supposed to help prevent the dreaded meth-mouth. I find it also helps reduce the amount of cankers, and blisters you get from snorting/smoking certain types of meth for extended periods of time. Another benefit I get from this, is it clears my mouth and throat out, and makes it feel nice and clean. I tend to tweak during work, and I talk to a lot of people at work, when my mouth is fresh and clean it helps me speak more clearly and fluently.

Try it out, plus you'll be getting the benefits of a sore-free, bacteria free mouth. Not saying it'll work for you for sure, but it's a good thing to practice anyway and if it clears your throat up, all the better. Poor eardrums

Also, mouthwash would work, just really gargle deep in your throat.

And one more tip... Avoid sugary drinks when tweaking. A) your teeth don't need any more abuse as it it... and B) Sugar based drinks will thicken your saliva and create phlegm and just make your mouth/throat less comfortable and clean feeling overall.
Not sure if you get this, or if its popular where you're from... But I like to drink Fresca when I'm tweaking. Its a lemon/lime flavoured carbonated drink. It's like pop, it tastes pretty good (in my opinion), it's cheap, and contains zero sugar, zero calories. Zero everything actually, just a bit of sodium. Water to me is hard to drink on meth, so this stuff keeps me hydrated, and is yummy enough for me to put it down, wont rot my teeth, and wont make my saliva all thick and nasty and make me slur my words.
Old 29-02-2012, 04:43

Male from Earth
adams-741 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

hey swim has an awesome remedy for this one..meth-bong , water filtration is the key to anti-mucas
Old 29-02-2012, 05:54

41 y/o Male from South Africa
Kalbassie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

What works for me is drinking lots of water and using a good antiseptic mouthwash every 4 hours. It not only helps you throught but also stops your mouth from becomming raw. Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:16
Silver Member

MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

I currently have Bronchitis.. or Dopeitis as my hook up likes to call it So, obviously, I have excessive amounts of phlegm in my chest. One thing that my doctor drilled into my mind was that I need to drink lots of water. This helps keep the mucus from drying/hardening.
This won't cure your drainage issues (most people that I know get the same) but it helps to prevent an even larger issue.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40

22 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DeToKz needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBakin View Post
Interesting. I don't ever get this, and I smoke quite often. Did you know meth is actually a form of a decongestant? Whenever I smoke up, or do rails, it actually clears me right up... But I guess everyones meth and body is different. I think I kinda know what you mean... Anyway I think I have a solution for you.

During a meth trip/binge/whatever u wanna call it, I like to keep with me a cup of salty water. I gargle the salt water periodically, maybe once every 12 hours or so throughout my trip. I actually picked this tip up from someone off the site off some thread (forget who, and where).

The main point of this trick, is apparently it kills bacteria in your mouth. Brushing too often is a hassle, and if over-done can actually have erosive effects on your gums. Gargling saltwater may not remove debris, but it kills bacteria. This is supposed to help prevent the dreaded meth-mouth. I find it also helps reduce the amount of cankers, and blisters you get from snorting/smoking certain types of meth for extended periods of time. Another benefit I get from this, is it clears my mouth and throat out, and makes it feel nice and clean. I tend to tweak during work, and I talk to a lot of people at work, when my mouth is fresh and clean it helps me speak more clearly and fluently.

Try it out, plus you'll be getting the benefits of a sore-free, bacteria free mouth. Not saying it'll work for you for sure, but it's a good thing to practice anyway and if it clears your throat up, all the better. Poor eardrums

And one more tip... Avoid sugary drinks when tweaking. A) your teeth don't need any more abuse as it it... and B) Sugar based drinks will thicken your saliva and create phlegm and just make your mouth/throat less comfortable and clean feeling overall.
Not sure if you get this, or if its popular where you're from... But I like to drink Fresca when I'm tweaking. Its a lemon/lime flavoured carbonated drink. It's like pop, it tastes pretty good (in my opinion), it's cheap, and contains zero sugar, zero calories. Zero everything actually, just a bit of sodium. Water to me is hard to drink on meth, so this stuff keeps me hydrated, and is yummy enough for me to put it down, wont rot my teeth, and wont make my saliva all thick and nasty and make me slur my words.
Gargling salt water dose wonders, i got the idea the other day from a post also, Maybe yours? But it works like a champ also reduces cotton mouth & that horrible "doo doo" dope breath.. i also found out that to much water ( as weird as it sounds) makes it worse. Around my 3rd to 5th bottle of water it seems to do nothing but moisten my mouth for a few mins then drys it back up twice as bad.. the salt water also seems to keep my mouth moist, i actully think this is on of the better tips i have found in a long time to help keep your self maintained during your recreational drug abuse xD.. i think im gunna start a thread for tips & hints on maintaing yourself while spun out.. Hope i see some posts xD

Stay high, lay low.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:53
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToKz View Post
Gargling salt water dose wonders, i got the idea the other day from a post also, Maybe yours? But it works like a champ also reduces cotton mouth & that horrible "doo doo" dope breath.. i also found out that to much water ( as weird as it sounds) makes it worse. Around my 3rd to 5th bottle of water it seems to do nothing but moisten my mouth for a few mins then drys it back up twice as bad.. the salt water also seems to keep my mouth moist, i actully think this is on of the better tips i have found in a long time to help keep your self maintained during your recreational drug abuse xD.. i think im gunna start a thread for tips & hints on maintaing yourself while spun out.. Hope i see some posts xD

Stay high, lay low.
Yeah it probably was my post, ever since I discovered it, I've been advocating and preaching it's wonders probably on a few threads now.
In fact, I'm about due for a rinse *swishes salt water... SPIT*

Ah much better.

Just make sure you spit it out. My hearts already under a lot of pressure from the ice.. The sodium is like kicking your heart when it's down lol
Old 08-03-2012, 13:22
Silver Member

MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Yeah it probably was my post, ever since I discovered it, I've been advocating and preaching it's wonders probably on a few threads now.
In fact, I'm about due for a rinse *swishes salt water... SPIT*

Ah much better.

Just make sure you spit it out. My hearts already under a lot of pressure from the ice.. The sodium is like kicking your heart when it's down lol
I'm currently in the midst of chewing my 5th piece of gum, but salt water rinse sounds much easier for relief! I'm testing it out right now.

Ok, wow, I'm pissed that it took 4 years for me to find this out!! I drank an entire Culligan water cooler in less than a week recently. This is so damn better.

Last edited by MisMonroe; 08-03-2012 at 13:26. Reason: Results of salt water rinse!
Old 08-03-2012, 14:03
Titanium Member

Male from Canada

welcome to the world of salt-water this trick really needs to get out to more people, not a lot really know about it I dont think... Yes, I only discovered this a couple months ago after about 3 years.... all my oral problems ever associated with meth are all gone.. Plus, meth mouth is apparently prevented. I dont know if thats true, or if I will develop it anyway, but it'd be amazing if it was true. I'll let you know in 10 years haha..

Post Quality Evaluations:
agree more literature and study on this should be available to the masses.
Old 19-03-2012, 00:29
Banned

36 y/o Male from United States
Kidx needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

I think hpyoure lucky your mucus is flowing that well. I would prefer that to the totally dry nose that feels itchy like there is something in it when there isn't, causing incessant picking that can hurt the inside of the nasals.
Old 19-03-2012, 04:52

21 y/o Female from United States
crushedice should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

is this regular salt, or wat type of salt?
how much should be poured into a cup of warm/cold water?
Old 19-03-2012, 05:14
Banned

36 y/o Male from United States
Kidx needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToKz View Post

Stay high, lay low.
Yeah, too much plain water will just make you pee. Your body needs electrolytes (salts) which you get primarily from food, which you don't eat when you're tweaking. Juice will work, as will sports drinks, and yes rinsing/gargling with salt water helps your mouth/nose/throat. I even heard of rinsing one's nose out with salt water.
Old 19-03-2012, 05:33
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushedice View Post
is this regular salt, or wat type of salt?
how much should be poured into a cup of warm/cold water?
I've just been taking probably around a teaspoon or a two of table salt (yep, lots) and adding it to 1/4th a cup or so of cool water. Enough that it's extremely salty when gargled! It really does help a lot, I'm assuming because of it water retaining capabilities. Who knew, bad for your muffin top, but great for your dope mouth! hah

MisMonroe added 8 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_nine View Post
To be honest,i have no idea how to deal with this and how to prevent it.wish i could help because i get this all the time as well and i know how annoying it is.what i do use to help though is..
It doesn't cure it but it does help soothe it temporarily.
That stuff is pretty amazing in mannny ways. Back in my friends coke days, she would carry at least 5 of these around with her 8 ball. Stick the tip of it in your baggie, snort, and you've got the most amazingly refreshing bump you'll ever do. Also helps when you're working in an office of snooty bitches and handsy men, and need just two fucking seconds to really breathe. hah

Last edited by MisMonroe; 19-03-2012 at 05:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-03-2012, 05:35
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Australia
iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

crushedice,
Try 2 teaspoons of table salt to 2 cups of warm water to quickly dissolve the salt, once you've done that you can use as required.

Adjust to your preferences, there's no absolute golden rule.
1:1 ratio works for some, others like more salt.

Take up surfing people then you'll be set! (get it, set? Surf joke sorry couldn't control myself.)
Seriously, getting all that salt water through your sinuses works perfectly.

As kidx mentioned you can use the same saline solution to flush everything out...
Old 19-03-2012, 05:52
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflame View Post
crushedice,
Try 2 teaspoons of table salt to 2 cups of warm water to quickly dissolve the salt, once you've done that you can use as required.

Adjust to your preferences, there's no absolute golden rule.
1:1 ratio works for some, others like more salt.

Take up surfing people then you'll be set! (get it, set? Surf joke sorry couldn't control myself.)
Seriously, getting all that salt water through your sinuses works perfectly.

As kidx mentioned you can use the same saline solution to flush everything out...
Yep, I believe they even sell kits called "neti pots" or something like that, for sinus issues.
Old 19-03-2012, 05:58

23 y/o Male from USA - California
AboveDaInfluence should review received reputation comments.
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

DONT USE NETI POTS. some fools used it and they got a brain eating amoeba in there brain and died. But they used tap water, whne you are suppose to use filtered h20.
Old 19-03-2012, 06:10
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveDaInfluence View Post
DONT USE NETI POTS. some fools used it and they got a brain eating amoeba in there brain and died. But they used tap water, whne you are suppose to use filtered h20.
Yes, instructions state that boiled, filtered, or distilled water is to be used.
Old 19-03-2012, 06:33
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,370, Level: 8 Points: 3,370, Level: 8 Points: 3,370, Level: 8
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%

<- loves girls who dont mind a a salt with their sweet! =P

Make an apt at a ENT, I think they call em ears nose and throat doctors. I had something very similar, sounded nasally for the longest time, found out it was a polyp in my nasal cavity. Oh no big deal, simple operation, in and out in one day.

The first thing I remember hearing as i was coming to was "should I fill out an incident report?" said one nurse to the other one who were both pushing my bed out of the O.R area to my recovery room..

I was under for the procedure but Holy Gawd Damn was I in pain. I lived walking distance from the hospital and ended up staying twice as long because the dilaudid was so delightful and there was no dilaudid button to push at home sooo.. Ever since, can breath great and don't regret having it done. My gf at the time forgot to move my car and I got a ticket and normally I would have stroke right there on the spot if parking enforcement puts anything on my car, but with that dilaudid.. mmmm.. mmm... ticket away motherfuckers!! ::reaches for a tab::
Old 23-10-2012, 11:44
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
highastinkerbell is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2
Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7%

Quote:

Thanks for this, I randomly had a little Scope mouthwash bottle in my room from some vacation or whatever, but anyway gargled and swished and I can atest the its powers of healing! Had some incredibly painful cancer sores and an unholy amount of phlem in my throat. The phlem is gone, and the sores dont hurt anymore!! So ya thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49
Silver Member

Female from United States
midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

I, too, get major phlegm build-up, and this is when I have mostly been snorting. Yes, it does clear me up in the beginning, but like tonight (er, this morning) when I was finally going to bed (could only sleep a few hours damn it) I was MAJORLY blocked up like I had a cold (which I don't). Lots of green phlegm to hack up. I can't seem to get properly hydrated, so that could be some of the problem. You should see the back of my hands when I squeeze together the skin! It just STAYS that way! Looks really weird.

ANYWAY, salt water does work, I do that too. Also, after readomg numerous posts on DF, I bought a bottle of BIOTENE, which altho tastes a little weirder than regular mouthwash, works wonders for dry mouth. It's specifically FOR dry mouth. What happens to cause "meth mouth" is that it messes with your saliva glands. Gargle with this for a few minutes (it's alcohol-free) and once you spit it out, your mouth stays moist, unlike after drinking water and it just drys right back up.

midlifer added 11 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

According to methpedia.org : DRY MOUTH – SALIVA ACTS A BUFFER AGAINST ACIDIC SUBSTANCES IN THE MOUTH. METH DRIES OUT THESALIVARY GLANDS. WITHOUT SALIVA THE ACIDICSUBSTANCES EAT AWAY AT THE MINERALS IN TOOTHENAMEL.

Last edited by midlifer; 12-11-2012 at 10:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-10-2013, 04:53

Female from United States
wereallmadhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
oil pulling in lieu of harsh abrasives

Quote:
welcome to the world of salt-water this trick really needs to get out to more people, not a lot really know about it I dont think... Yes, I only discovered this a couple months ago after about 3 years.... all my oral problems ever associated with meth are all gone.. Plus, meth mouth is apparently prevented. I dont know if thats true, or if I will develop it anyway, but it'd be amazing if it was true. I'll let you know in 10 years haha..

the salt is not preventing meth mouth your attention to oral health is. Over use of salt rinses and harsh alcohol based mouthwashes will eventually dry out your salivary glands and cause less production. Meth mouth is highly agitated by dry mouth I have point blank asked my dentist what I could do for my dry mouth "due to diabetes medication" (best I could come up with) He introduced me to oil pulling. It is as hard to explain in words how to properly do it as it is to teach a newcomer how to properly buy,use,refrain from meth. I looked up several videos on youtube and got the method down. It takes about 20 minutes. I am too ADHD to wait that long for anything so I do it in the shower. Then expel the toxic drainage and left over oil into the toilet (It clogs drains) In my sewing circle of fellow hobbyist and weekend warriors over 1/2 have began this holistic method and all including myself have seen great results. My dentist said periodontal gingivitis was fully dissipated ,and hardly apparent on my x-rays.Something not usually achieved with out in office deep dental cleaning and antibiotics. If anyone else has tried oil pulling or knows more about it please let me know.
Old 13-10-2013, 05:28
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from Earth
yella is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2

I know this is an old post, but for anyone reading it now and wondering, my friend takes sudaphed, works wonders. and wont make you drowsy like benadryl would

Share this on:

Tags
meth mouth, methamphetamine, snorting meth

» New Threads
Kratom withdrawal questions. Need...
Last post by Butter Bigsby
5 Replies, 273 Views
Taking Small dose of pure mdma...
Last post by Potter
1 Replies, 2 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by Butter Bigsby